Gifted

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol's a gangster and Baekhyun's gifted cutie.

 


 

For once, Baekhyun's not eating lunch with them. He said something about a phone call or whatever. Chanyeol didn't try to listen much, partly because he kind of didn't want to know--since he already had a feeling about it anyway.

Jongin and Sehun are huddled together as Sehun's scrolling through something on his phone. It annoys Chanyeol because he feels slightly left out, especially when the runt's not there with them. The dynamic's off.

"What the hell are you two looking at?" Chanyeol demands to know. He doesn't sound threatening. Instead, he sounds curious (with a little of an edge).

"A gift for Little Boss," Jongin answers, eyes focused on the screen. "His friend said that there's going to be a party for him. Like, uh, a college thing."

Chanyeol's jaw slacks.

Even the idiots know about it?

He scoffs in disbelief. It's like the runt told everyone except him. Or, at least, they ing found out about it before he ever did.

And that pisses him off.

"How do you know about that?" Chanyeol asks. "The college thing."

"Um, his friend told us...?" When Sehun looks up, he can see that the gangster doesn't look too happy. "He gave us the invite the other day. We weren't interested until he said that he invited Baekhyun's hot friends, too."

While Sehun goes off on a tangent about girls and how hot they are, Chanyeol begins to wonder what gift he should get... Hell, he didn't even know he had to get a gift, but then again, that did make sense. It's a party. ing duh.

.

Chanyeol puts his lunch box away and hands it over to Jongin's hands. "Take care of this."

"Uh--"

Without saying another word, Chanyeol gets up and heads to the staircase. He wants to be alone.

 


 

He's skipping class.

The gangster hasn't skipped a class since... , he doesn't remember. Ever since Baekhyun wouldn't stop talking about how important school is and blah ing blah, Chanyeol hasn't missed a damn lecture.

But all of this, honestly.

He hates feeling like he's the only one being left in the dark. And for what? There's no ing reason, especially considering how he should be the first one to know.

That stupid runt is literally his boyfriend--They're dating. So why is he always last?

Chanyeol makes a quick stop at his locker to grab his motorbike helmet. He hasn't taken the motorbike to school in a while since Baekhyun likes to be walked home and it gives them time to just be together even longer--Goddamn it.

He slams the locker shut.

It's so ing annoying realizing how much his world actually revolves around the runt now— an annoying little runt who's leaving.

As he strides down the empty main hallway with his helmet in hand, he bumps into the very person who began the start of all his problems.

"Jinah?"

His ex-girlfriend looks genuinely surprised when she looks up from her phone and stops right in front of him. "Oh. It's you."

"What're you doing here?"

Jinah shrugs. "I'm District President of the Community Friends organization so I have to meet up with the losers at this school who run the local club branch." She almost sounds like she's too good for it all--and she is. "We're supposed to be having lunch in the teacher's conference room. And what're you up to?"

"Leaving."

"Hmmm..." She glances down at the helmet. "Actually, I might just ditch. I can't be bothered. I think they just wanted to brainstorm ideas for, like, a homeless thing. I don't really know."

"Have fun with that." Chanyeol turns to leave but Jinah stops him by grabbing a hold of his hand.

"Wait. Why're you in a hurry?"

Ripping his hand away from her, Chanyeol frowns. He really hates it when people grab his hand (with the exception of one). "None of your business."

The only thing he wants right now is to be as far from Jinah as possible, but--

"Listen," she says, insisting on holding him and his attention with her, "Babe."

"Don't ing call me that--"

"Junmyeon said that your little boyfriend's leaving. He's actually really sad about it, but I'm not." Jinah smiles. "Why don't you give me a ride back to my high school after I'm done meeting up with the club? I can tell my private driver to follow behind us or something."

Oh my god.

"Jinah!" Chanyeol snaps, startling the girl in front of him. "I broke up with you months ago. I don't care if you have a club meeting right now or if you have to walk home in those stupid, goddamn glitter heels you always ing wear! And I'm not giving you a ride, so can you and your ing cousin stop being so goddamn annoying!?"

Jinah's left speechless, but she recovers. Fast. "You're so rude and angry all the time! No wonder Junmyeon says that your little baby friend's scared of you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"That little baby told him that he's scared to talk to you." Scoffing, Jinah looks at the time on her phone. "Maybe if you made yourself more approachable and less of an , he wouldn't be planning on breaking up with you next week. But anyways, bye. I'm late helping the homeless or whatever."

After Jinah leaves to do her good deed to society, Chanyeol stays in the hallway. It takes a few minutes to realize how much he's actually gripping the helmet in his hand, and he doesn't know if its because he's frustrated, mad, upset, or just...sad.

it. all of them.

Chanyeol turns and starts walking through the building again. If he gets caught by school officials, he'll keep walking. If not, then great. But the last thing he expected was to bump into Baekhyun just as the brunet is leaving the administrative office.

Baekhyun stops when he sees the giant, but immediately lights up. Chanyeol, on the other hand, wants to keep walking past him--but he can't.

He really ing can't.

As soon as he shuts the door behind him, Baekhyun runs over and hugs him tightly before realizing that Chanyeol doesn't have permission to be walking around like that with no hall pass. Frowning, the brunet looks up at his boyfriend.

"Wait, are you leaving campus?"

"Yeah."

There's no elaboration. Just silence.

"But... are we still going to your house after school?"

"I don't know." When he sees the sudden look of sadness blanketing Baekehyun's eyes, Chanyeol adds on a shrug, hoping it'll change whatever the mood is to something slightly better. "Something came up. I'll try to come back."

Not buying it, Baekhyun reaches down and holds the giant's hand. "What wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's not nice to keep secrets, you know."

Chanyeol can't believe what he's hearing. "Really?" , he sounds bitter. "It's not nice to keep secrets?"

"Yea--"

Pushing Baekhyun off of him, Chanyeol creates distance between them. "Why don't you take your own advice?" he mutters without thinking. "I'll see you later."

"Where're you going?"

Baekhyun sounds so small and so hurt, but Chanyeol pushes those same feelings away.

"Go back to class, Byun."

 


 

"I feel so bad..." Baekhyun whispers.

Chanyeol didn't come back to walk him home. He also didn't call or reply back. Maybe he had something to do. The brunet wasn't so sure, so he just walked home by himself.

Salem is the only one listening.

"Do you think he knows?"

The cat says nothing.

Baekhyun sniffles. "I saw him with Jinah, Salem... I didn't mean to."

Silence.

"I was going to tell him today, but..." Burying his face into the pillow, Baekhyun wipes his eyes on the edges. "I don't know. I feel stupid. It was probably nothing, but, I mean, why would he leave school the whole day? He didn't even text me back."

Yawning, Salem gets up to stretch before circling around the same area on the bed and settles back down.

"I know, I know. But, he's my boyfriend. I don't think he'd do that, Salem..." Baekhyun bites his bottom lip. "He's a gangster, but... I don't really know."

Yelling into the pillow, Baekhyun lets out his frustrations.

When he resurfaces, he sniffles again. "Maybe I should call him...?"

 


Chanyeol ignores his phone. When it buzzes for the third time, he just shuts off the stupid thing. Talking is the last thing that he wants to do.

"That'll be $64–exactly."

Handing over the money, Chanyeol waits for a few seconds to get his change before walking back to his motorbike with a plastic bag full of arts and supplies inside.

He's still angry and annoyed, but... he needs to make his gift.

 


A/n: good night!!

Leave a vote and a comment if ur a sad boi

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz