But You Said

Think About It

Jinah hasn’t stopped nagging. Chanyeol feels like he’s about ready to punch a guy when the clock ticks past the five minutes he gave Baekhyun. Fed up, he gets off his stool, done waiting,

“Where the hell do you think you’re going!?”

“Home.”

“So that phone call was fake! I knew it! I knew it, Park, I ing knew it--”

"Boyfriend!”

Oh, god.

Chanyeol turns around and sees Baekhyun standing by the doorway. Everyone’s eyes are on him and Chanyeol doesn't know if he's relieved or embarrassed.

The runt skips. He skips over. His skinny jeans are sticking to his legs like plastic and he’s wearing something that kind of looks really girly, but Chanyeol decides not to comment on it.

“I got here as fast as I could! Please don’t break up with me!” Then he adds, “But you wouldn’t because we’re not an immature, impulsive couple. We’re--”

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol pulls the runt over to him, side to side. “Alright. Here he is. Baekhoon.”

“Baekhyun,” the smaller male corrects.

“Whatever.”

Jinah turns red. "This is your little brother."

Before Chanyeol can say anything, Baekhyun gasps. "That's gross!"

"Shut up," Chanyeol tells him. Then to Jinah, he says, "He's here, now leave me alone."

"He's a ing kid!"

"I'm eighteen!"

Surprised, Chanyeol whips his eyes down on the brunette. "Eighteen?"

"Yeah, I just had my birthday a few days ago. You didn't get me anything, but I forgive you. We have, like, I don't know, seventy years left if we live a long life span."

Jinah's annoyed. "Chanyeol, cut the bull!"

"I keep telling you we're dating! You're pissing me off!"

"You keep pissing ME off!" Jinah steps up, grabbing Baekhyun by his hair. "This is a joke!"

Baekhyun yelps and before Chanyeol can pull him back, the brunette bites Jinah's arm. She let's go.

"Ow, you brat! I'm done being humiliated with this sick joke. Have fun ing him in the , Chanyeol. Real fun I bet!" Angrily, she takes her purse and leaves.

Letting out a sigh, Chanyeol turns around himself and walks back to his pool table. Baekhyun follows him.

"Who was that?"

"No one."

"Was she an ex?"

"Hn."

"You know some really interesting folks, Chanyeol."

"No kidding," Chanyeol mutters to himself.

Baekhyun teeters back and forth on his heel. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Play."

"Oooh. Alright, let me go get a stick, then we can have a thing where you get behind me and--"

"Alone."

"Hm?"

"I want to play alone."

Baekhyun frowns. "Then this date won't be fun at all."

Snorting, Chanyeol glances at him as he leans over his spot. "It's not supposed to be fun. This isn't a date. I just needed you to get rid of Jinah and you can go now."

He waits for Baekhyun to move, uncaring if he's  heartbroken or not. When the brunette doesn't leave, Chanyeol glares. "Well?"

"Yes?"

"Are you just gonna stand there and breathe? Go home."

"But we're on a date." Baekhyun tilts his head.

"No, we're not."

"But you said so! On the phone. You said, 'Come to D.O's Pool & Bar. 5 minutes or I'm breaking up with you.'"

"I ing lied to get you here. Thanks for the help but--"

"Wow! You're an ..."

"That's ing right--"

"I like that."

Chanyeol gives him a frown. He's silent for a moment. "Is there something wrong with you?"

"Like what?" Baekhyun asks.

"Are you clinically stupid? Schizo? Bipolar? Anything."

Baekhyun laughs and Chanyeol tries to ignore the fact that it sounds nice. "Nope! My doctor says I'm the healthiest patient he has, but most of his other patients are seniors, so I think that's why."

"Hn. Well, whatever. Just leave me alone. I'm not your boyfriend."

"But you said--"

"I know what I said and I'm telling you I lied!" Frustrated, Chanyeol combs his hair with his fingers. "You're not my type of , you're not my type of...anything. Friend, acquaintance, none of that. Get it?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

"So...where do they keep the sticks?"

Chanyeol's eyes flare. "Baekhoon!"

"Baekhyun ." The brunette whistles as he searches around the area. "Last name's Byun incase you wanted to know what name you'll be changing at the altar."

"Are you ing with me?"

"There's no bed around, so I don't think so?"

Chanyeol grabs him by the arm. "Listen here, runt. I have no interest in you."

His words went unheard. "Oooh, strong. This is great. Strong boyfriends are nice."

Baekhyun sticks his tongue out and manages to get away, walking to a rack. There were too many options so he asks, "Which one do you think I should get?"

Chanyeol curses to himself, gritting his teeth just watching the latter, thinking Goddamn it before saying, "The ing middle sized one in front of you."


 

*** If you like my work, consider donating to my ko-fi account  c': ***

Twitter | Tumblr | Wattpad