Merry Crisis

Think About It

Summary: Chanyeol comes up empty-handed on Christmas Day.

 


Chanyeol wakes up on Christmas to the sound of knocking on his door. There's no one else that it could be (besides Salem but the cat's too ing small and unbothered), except Baekhyun.

Groaning, he rolls over and looks at the time: exactly 7:30 in the morning with the sun starting to peek through the blinds.

After a few more knocks, the runt lets himself in, hiding both his hands behind his back and using his leg to shut the door behind him. "Did I wake you?" he giggles.

"No."

But that's a lie.

"Weeeell, I just want to be the first one to say Merry Christmas to you!" Baekhyun keeps his voice hush, but the perkiness is still clear as day. "And I wanted to give you my gift before we go downstairs later and, you know, have to be with my parents and stuff."

Chanyeol's still a bit groggy, but he's slowly waking up to his senses. By the time Baekhyun sits on the edge of his bed,  he's already up.

"Here." Plopping a rectangular, wrapped box in front of the gangster, Baekhyun smiles. "It's last minute because, you know, I didn't know you were coming. But I hope you like it anyways!"

Staring at the box, Chanyeol hesitates opening it because... .

Just because.

"It's okay! You can open it now."

Despite his reluctance, Chanyeol eventually rips the paper off and lifts up the lid of the shoebox. Inside, there was a frame with a photo of the runt holding Salem.

"It's for your desk at home! So you'll always have me and Salem whenever you miss us— even if you don't admit that you actually do miss us."

"It's cute. I like it."

Chanyeol really does.

"Do you really mean that or are you just pulling my leg?"

"I mean it." Silently, the gangster puts down the frame on his lap. "It kind of makes me feel bad, though."

Baekhyun frowns. "What? Why?"

"I forgot to bring your gift with me. It must've been forgotten on my desk or something before I left." Chanyeol runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry."

Baekhyun stays silent for a while, as if processing the information. His eyes dart over to the gangster's luggage bag before looking back at him.

Then, he smiles softly.

"Don't worry about it!." Lunging forward, Baekhyun wraps his arms around his boyfriend's neck, prompting both of them to fall back on the bed. "You're here and that's all that matters to me— well, besides cuddles and getting kisses, which you can give me right now."

Scoffing, Chanyeol rolls his eyes, but nonetheless, gives his runt a quick kiss. "If you come back to Korea, I'll take you somewhere nice to make up for it."

Baekhyun's voice is quiet when he responds. "Yeah, that sounds fun. Just you, me and a picnic—maybe... Merry Christmas, Yeol. I love you."

"Merry Christmas, runt."

 


When Baekhyun goes back to his room, he closes the door, locks it, and then sits on the floor.

Salem goes up to him, finished with his morning meal and ready for some fuzzy cuddling. In turn, Baekhyun picks up the cat and puts him in his lap.

Then, he lets out a big, fudging sigh. "Salem, he said he forgot my gift, but my gift was in his bag."

Salem closes his eyes and purrs.

"That means he changed his mind, right?" Baekhyun doesn't know what the heck he's feeling. It feels like sadness, but a little worse. Just a bit. "But then what does that mean, Salem?"

Salem says nothing.

He's useless.

"I should just ask him."

Nothing.

"But then he'll know I looked through his bag— oh, but that was an accident! I didn't mean to find it." Baekhyun bites his bottom lip. "Salem, what do I do? I don't want him to give it to me because he feels like he has to."

Nothing.

"You're right! It's Christmas and I should just be happy that he's here with me. You're so wise, Salem. Black cats have the biggest noggins, you know!"

This time, Salem meows because he agrees.

 


Chanyeol stays on the bed, staring at the ceiling, long after Baekhyun goes back into his own room to get ready for breakfast.

He thinks about the ring hidden underneath all his in the black duffel bag.

And he wonders if he was an idiot for buying it in the first place.

He didn't even have the heart to give it to the runt... But the other hand...

It won't give Baekhyun one more thing to hold on to and hope for.

 


A/n: finished 4th season of peaky blinders and I'm still !!!! Over that one scene w/ John and Esme when John came back from hunting deer w/ Arthur & Thomas lol anyWAYS FOR THOSE WHO DONT JNOW WTF IM TALKING ABOUT —— I hope you like this chap :) one more chapter before we go to summer 2013.

Leave a vote and a comment I'm VERY TIRED

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz