Evil Kyu, the sensitive beast

Bad Business

Once Jaehyo had left angrily, you and Kyuhyun were standing still without saying a word. It felt so awkward to be rescued by Kyuhyun. Why did he help you? Why did he even come to this place? It all was making no sense to you. Absolutely no sense.

 

What was on the photos?“

 

Kyuhyun's voice made you shiver in shock but at the time lightened your mind because he was not addressing one single thought of yours. Of course not. How stupid to even assume it.

 

Us. Us all when we went to Everland. Can you remember when I had to buy candyfloss for everyone? I had lost my purse back then...so I asked him to buy it for me. I didn't know he was an idol. I got to know it...just now.“, you explained to Kyuhyun and sighed.

 

“I already knew that.“, he said and when you sceptically faced him, he quickly added “Because I saw your purse laying in the van when we went back home. Well, well...then it's a good thing. I saved my own .“ Kyuhyun laughed and you smiled a bit about his comment.

 

„More or less.“ You shrugged your shoulders and looked up to Kyuhyun. He furrowed his eyebrows and glanced back at you. Not that he looked happy. He suddenly looked like he was thinking about something that was bothering him.

 

“You know...the reason I came here...”, he slowly began explaining his sudden appearance to save you. “Leeteuk-hyung is currently really depressed. I thought...or better said my hyungs told me...that his depression is related to you.”

 

You gulped as he said that. And somehow you knew which question would be following.

 

“Are you two dating?”

 

His voice sounded extremely dry, even hoarse. And his hands' ankles became all white, he was pressing his fingers that much into a fist.

 

“No.”, you answered and immediately the stiffness of Kyuhyun released.

 

“Not anymore.”, you added – and here Kyuhyun had a go again. He forced his eyes straight on the streets in front of you.

 

“Then I guess you broke up because of Ahn Jaehyo. Have a talk with my hyung then. You have to sort out some things. It's not good that he's suffering because you were too stupid to buy some canyfloss.

 

Yah!”, you huffed immediately. “Why do you have to say it that way?! That's rude!”

 

But it's true!”, he argued. “And now move! I don't have time the whole day, damnit goat girl...!!!”

 

He pushed you forwards so you were walking where he leaded you with his pushes – right to the Super Junior accommodation.

 

The whole way you were fighting with Kyuhyun, so you weren't able to worry about what to say to Leeteuk and how to face him. Good thing – because you would have probably ran away once you had set step at the front gate of the SuJu dormitory. Kyuhyun did a great job in keeping you around him.

 

Once Kyuhyun had pushed you through the front gate, there was no escape anymore.

 

 

„See who I found outside.“, Kyuhyun shouted and acted excited.

 

„______-ah! It's been years or so I think!“ Donghae smiled at you and came to dishevel your hair

 

„Anyeong...“, you greeted the Super Junior members and looked to the sofa where Leeteuk was sitting . His eyes widened and he got up immediately to leave the room in an instant.

 

„Hyung, wait!“ Kyuhyun stopped him. „You should listen to what she has to tell you...or at least listen to that!“ He didn't even wait for an answer but grabbed his smartphone and started the audio he had just recorded. Jaehyo's voice filled the room and the conversation from before was repeated.

 

„You were threatened?!“ Sungmin was shocked and rushed to you. He took your hands and watched you worried. „Is everything alright with you?“

 

„Yah! Take your hands of her!“, Kyuhyun railed at Sungmin and slapped his hands away from you.

„You're not the one she should talk to!“

 

Sungmin looked towards Leeteuk whose eyes were fixed on you. You glanced back in insecurity while your heart was rushing faster than usual.

 

„Yes...I am the one who should have a short conversation with her.“ Leeteuk nodded. „Would you follow me, please?“

 

Leeteuk walked upstairs and you followed him silently. Your were so nervous, your whole body became ice - cold. What would he say now? What would happen? Would he take you back or not? Would he forgive you?

 

You were led into one of the rooms. Finally you saw Leeteuk's room from the inside but there was no opportunity to take a deeper glimpse.

When he closed the door he directly hugged you. You were a bit confused but felt relieved until he started speakingo and shed your world slowly piece by piece. „I missed you so much when I was away from you....and like you so much I couldn't stop thinking about you. When I read all of the things the medias were spreading about you...Nichkhun, Kiseop, Niel, Chunji..it hurt me beyond words.“, he whispered and his voice shivered. „...I can't stand losing you. It'll kill me. It killed me already one time even though this relationship is just on its beginning. How can I dedicate myself to you when I know that this love will indulge me so much, will kill every piece of me...will eat me up alive? I won't be able to stand up again once I'm hit to the ground. You're a dangerous girl...and I'm to weak to be with you. We should not date. We should just stay friends. Just as we used to be.“

 

You tried to pull him away so that you could look into Leeteuk's eyes but he hugged you so thightly that there was no chance. There were only his shoulder and his scent.

 

„Please forgive me...but I'm not the person who can be with you yet.“ He finally released you and you saw tears running down his cheeks. He smiled but he fought with himself. „How come that Kyuhyun-ah is always around to save you? It's unfair how strong he seems to be.“ He asked rhetorically with his shivery voice and your cheek.

Then he rushed outside and left you behind. With shocked eyes you looked after him. Your heart stopped bumping. It broke. And then you moved.

 

„Oppa!“ You started running – down the stairs into the living room. No sight of Leeteuk. „Where is he?!“, you asked the others.

 

„He ran out a second before...“, Donghae answered and frowned. „What happened?“

 

You ran away without answering his questions. You had to stop Leeteuk! You had to speak with him about it...that was not how it was supposed to end! That couldn't be it!

 

„Wait!“ Kyuhyun's voice was right behind you before you could cross the street. He stopped you by wrapping his arms around you and lifting you up. You couldn't feel the ground under your feet anymore but kicked furiously as if it would free you again.

 

Let go of me, you jerk!“, you shouted at him angrily.

 

„No! You can't follow him now!“, he shouted back in the same tone.

 

„That's none of your business!“ You still were full of anger. Kyuhyun was about to take your chance away to get your boyfriend back!

 

„He's running away from you, dont you get it?!“ He let you down again and turned you around. Kyuhyun grabbed your shoulders and his grip was so strong that you couldn't run away. “He is not waiting for you and he is not coming back to you! Stop chasing someone who doesn't want to be with you!”

 

He deeply glanced at you and you starred back at him. Who did he think he was to say something like this?! What was this expression all of a sudden?! He looked like there was something coming up his throat. Something that he wanted to tell you for a long time. Maybe another insult? Maybe that you had never deserved Leeteuk and now only got what woas right for you?

 

HE'S NOT LIKE ME WHO CAN HOLD ON TO YOU!“

 

Your own expression fell off your face and what was left was disbelief and irritation.

 

„Cho Kyuhyun what are you talking about?!“

 

„ Leeteuk is running away...I am right in front of you!“ He was breathing heavily and his grip became stronger.

 

„Aish, I've no time for this nonsense. Let go of me – now!“, you told him harshly and shook your shoulders to get free.

 

„You don't get it, right?“ Kyuhyun sighed and then gulped. You could even hear it.

 

„_____-ah...I like you.... please...give me the chance to show you that I'm better than my hyung.“ Was he really begging? Did he say please to you?

 

You frowned and then knocked against his forehead.

 

„Are you insane, Cho Kyuhyun? You should go and see a doctor.“, you said seriously.

 

Kyuhyun sighed more and more frustatedly.

 

„You must be kidding...I am confessing my feelings to you and you tell me to go and see a doc...that can't be possible.“ He took is hands off of you and rubbed his forehead.

 

„Well...that doesn't matter. I'll prove you that I mean it seriously.“, he decided and then glanced at you again the same serious like when he confessed a minute before. You winced at that.

 

„By the way...“, he said, „...you won't find my hyung anymore...he is too far away now...I'm sorry.“

 

 

 

What happened?!“ The girls all were in the living room with you when you explained what had happened. You told them everything about Jaehyo but the story with Leeteuk and Kyuhyun you kept for yourself.

 

„I'll kill this guy! Good thing Kyuhyun-ah came to rescue you!“, Hyoyeon said and put her hands on her hips.

 

„You tried to save us all...I'm sorry I let you go with him before...I should have permitted him to take you away for a minute...“, Yoona excused. She felt bad now because she allowed Jaehyo to talk to you alone when you were at the show event.

 

„Whenever something like that happens again – tell us directly, okay?“, Taeyeon told you. „We have to deal with that together and not alone. Soshi-bond is real since you came to us!“

 

„Okay, I'll promise I'll come directly to you if something like that happens again...but I hope it won't repeat too often.“ You sighed and then you girls laughed in relief. It was heartwarming how Taeyeon said that you made the Soshi-bond become real.

 

 

The following day you could enter the rehearsal rooms without the fear that an evil Jaehyo could show up again. You felt free for the first time since weeks.

 

„Ladies~ the boys are back~!“ Donghae entered your room like he used to do it before Super Junior went on Asia Tour.

 

„Donghae-Oppa!“ Jessica was again the first who reacted on him.

 

You looked who came after Donghae. You expected Eunhyuk and Sungmin...but they brought someone else – Kyuhyun.

 

Immediately you felt awkward by the view of Kyuhyun.

 

„What's wrong?“, Sungmin asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

 

„Uhm...nothing.“, you answered quickly. You looked to your unnies. Sunny was observing you and Sungmin like you were some kind of special TV program. Now you realized that this was the first time Sungmin didn't flee because Sunny was in the same room.

 

„And what's with that face now? Where's your aegyo?“ He pinched your cheek and you hit his hand.

 

„Ouch!“ You pouted.

 

„Ahh...there it is.“ Sungmin chuckled.

 

Kyuhyun coughed and you two looked at him. He looked unnaturally insecure. His hands were in his pockets, his head down but his eyes looked up like he was some kind of cute puppy.

 

Again you made a face and frowned.

 

„What?“, you asked.

 

„What what? You've nothing else to say?!“, Kyuhyun grumped.

 

What? He expected you to say something specific to him? He came to your place without demand and not you to his! Why did you have to speak to him then?

 

„What should I say to you? I don't even want to talk to you!“ With your hands on your hips you stamped on the ground. Still you hadn't been able to forgive him how he stopped you chasing after Leeteuk. You lost him – just because of Kyuhyun.

 

„Aish! Then if I go you're happy, huh?!“ He was angry – really angry now.

 

„Yes, go!“

 

 

Kyuhyun's morning visits were not the only thing that made your feel a sour taste in your throat every day. Everytime the SNSD girls wanted to spend their time with the Super Junior ones you had to pass because you didn't want to meet Leeteuk again. You had started to tolerate his decision not to be with you. But yet you hadn't been in the mood to face him then. How could you face someone who dumped you no matter how much you would beg him to be with you?

 

„Let's go and eat lunch with them.“, Hyoyeon suggested and the other girls went out of the room.

 

„You're not coming?“, Yoona asked when she saw you still standing in the room.

 

„No, my personal trainer let me do another diet so I'm rather skipping lunch...“, you said and she nodded before she left.

 

With a short sigh you waited until they weren't on the floor anymore so you could go and buy you something outside. Maybe you would find some nice Tteokbokki shop outside on the streets. Or someone who sold corndogs.

 

______-ah!“, someone called you and you stopped. With a nervous grin you turned around.

 

Yes?“

 

Taemin had his arms crossed and he looked strictly into your direction.

 

„Who are you hiding from this time?“, he asked and slowly walked to you.

 

„N-No one!“, you denied nervously.

 

„It does not look as if you were hiding from 'no one'.“, he said sceptically and then it happened. Your stomach started snarling badly, causing Taemin a terrible outbreak of laughter.

 

„Might it be...that you're hungry?“, he asked you.

 

„Maybe...a bit.“, you answered emberassed.

 

You must be starving...come in I invite you to the SHINee lunch now! And don't refuse – I can't let you die of hunger outside now!“

 

He came to you and dragged you inside their rehearsal room.

 

 

Even though you didn't like the idea of eating away the boys' food you enjoyed spending the time with them. They were all nice and you asked yourself why you hadn't spend your time with them a bit more before. It really was a pity. Minho also seemed more relaxed around you now...it was as if he could feel how the tension around you had lessened more and more.

From that day on you started to join their lunch every time when the girls met the SuJu members until Taeyeon and Sooyoung got suspicious of you.

 

You were right on your way to the SHINee room when they stopped you.

 

Where are you going, young lady?“, Taeyeon said and you winced a bit shocked.

 

I-I'm going to the restrooms!“, you said and turned around.

 

They are on the other side of the floor.“ Sooyoung chuckled.

 

You are going to see the SHINee members instead of eating with us? Why? Don't tell me one of them is your new lover!“

 

You shook your head when Taeyeon asked you.

 

Of course it's not like that! I don't have any lover!“

 

Then it's because of Kyuhyun-ah?“

 

No...it's not because of him either...“

 

Then what is it all about?“, Taeyeon wanted to know now and you sighed.

 

It's because of Leeteuk-Oppa...“ You told both of them whiny. And then you told them what had happened and how everything between Leeteuk and you broke down.

 

We will try to fix it. You can't run away from Super Junior your whole life. They work close with us, that's not going to work out.“ Taeyeon shook her head and then she had a brilliant idea.

 

Sooyoung meanwhile watched you in silence...she had been silent since you had mentioned Kyuhyun's part in this.

 

 

Taeyeon had managed to convince the SNSD manager to bring up the topic of an idol battle between Super Junior and SNSD for the next weeks. And it really worked out. SNSD was about to fight Super Junior quite soon and this was the change to finally get close to Leeteuk again.

 

Your turn will be the Maknae Battle...Kyuhyun will be your enemy and you two have to sing a song. We can choose one and you know which one we decided you to sing? You will sing Kanto's 'What you want'. It will be the perfect message to Leeteuk – Oppa. He will react to that, you will see.“,Taeyeon promised. Her smile was full of pride. She thought that this idea would work out. Well...at least it was some kind of your last hope so you would do it.

 

I would love to know which song Kyuhyun-ah chose.“, Sooyoung said and somehow her playfulness and curiosity was missing. It was weird. Even weirder when you faced her and saw her being dead serious.

 

You had the bad feeling that it would be a message as well.

 

 

Before the show started you had to tell the show-crew which song you would sing. You couldn't change it after that and your heart bumped nervously after you told them you would sing 'What you want'.

 

The whole show you sat there and waited for your moment to come while the other girls fought the Super Junior members in different matches.

 

Now it's time for the Maknae Battle! Kyuhyun will be first~!“

 

First there was applause and then Kyuhyun stood up.

 

What will be the Maknaes' challenge?“ The MC hold a letter in his hands. He opened it and then laughed before he showed the piece of paper to the audience were 'Singing' was written on. It should look like it was by chance but you all knew that it was fake.

Seems like you two are lucky! Well...hopefully you know the lyrics of different songs – Your songs are like the challenge by chance. Good luck!“

 

Kyuhyun stood in the middle of the stage when the music started. Your head turned up and you looked shocked when you heard the beginning of the song. It was...his 'Listen to you'.

 

The lyrics were flooding the air. Kyuhyun sang them so soft and tender, so full of meaning, so full of hope. How could he do something like this on stage?

 

♫♪No, it's not me, it really doesn't make sense.

Whenever I eat or sleep I only see you,I think I'm crazy.

I hated you because you always torment me.

How? I don't know how I have come to love you, it's strange.

 

My heart listens to you from head to toe

Tough friends tease me, my heart only hears you.♫♪

 

♫♪One, two, three – You're smiling.

You take my breath away.

Everyday I collect your smile to cook a dish called 'Love', forever. ♫♪

 

 

You gulped. He really meant it serious...you how could he sing something like this and looking at you the whole time? You thought he was making fun of you or just tried to cheer you up after his hyung had dumped you but if he thought about his song that much and chose this one it had to be real. Now you felt bad. You couldn't perform 'What you want' anymore. Kyuhyun would understand the message as well and it would hurt him. You couldn't hurt him after that. Your eyes wandered to Taeyeon. She glanced back at you and frowned. „I can't sing it anymore!“, you whispered but she couldn't hear it.

 

Once Kyuhyun was done, the MC spoke some more words and teased you a bit but nothing was able to distract you from the panic you were feeling right now.

 

With the beginning of your song, your heart was beating nonstop in a hurry. Your strong voice filled the air but you hated yourself for every word escaping your lips.

 

♫♪ Everything about you is perfect.
God was probably amazed when he made you.

So when I slightly approached you, you ran away
and I chased you from behind.
This is more short of breath and longer than a marathon.

It's like an endless run of Tom and Jerry .

Let's stop playing this game of hide and seek.
You're like the god of sending texts to avoid me
♫♪

 

♫♪ I already sent you like ten texts.
You can't do this to me,you ignored any of my calls.
If those boys saw me right now, they would curse at you.
If you don't like me, just say it, it's so frustrating like prison.
From here and there, people told me I was a bad girl.
Boys flocked to me and I flew around like fly girl.
But right now I'm hanging on just one person - you.
Panting like a puppy being dragged on a leash ♫♪

 

During your whole performance you looked straight at the camera. Not like Kyuhyun looked at you. Not like Taeyeon wanted you to look at Leeteuk. Just at the camera because you were too afraid to face Kyuhyun, too ashamed to direct your gaze at Leeteuk.

 

After the song was over you bowed and quickly went back to your place. The point was won by Super Junior because your performance was more stiff than swag. Of course it was stiff! You had just caused some bull crap par excellance!

 

 

When the show was over and the Super Junior members were on their way to their dressing room, only Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were missing. Kyuhyun had ran outside once all of you were dismissed. He seemed more than just simply upset...and Leeteuk? Well...he was ready to answer to your song.

 

Good evening.“, he greeted the girls when he entered their dressing room.

 

Oppa, what brings you here?“, Yoona asked.

 

I want to talk to your Ulzzang Baby.“, he answered and Taeyeon gave Sooyoung a Thumbs up.

 

_____-ah! You have a guest!“, Taeyeon shouted upbeat but there was no response.

 

Where is she?“, she wondered.

 

She's out...she said she wanted to look for someone.“, Yuri answered.

 

Leeteuk's eyes widened and then he rushed outside with a quick „Thank you!“

 

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun! Wait!“ You followed him quickly but he didn't stop. Why had every guy to be that stubborn when they became angry?! And why did they all have to run away? Did you look like you were able to walk a marathon?!

 

STOP I SAID!, you shouted and he finally stopped. He turned around angrily and walked towards you, which you couldn't tell if it was better or worse than running. He was taller than you and looked down on you with furious eyes, causing you some very unpleasant feelings.

 

Why? I already understood! Your his puppy on the leash! That's exactly what you said, isn't it?!“

 

You eyes widened.

 

No – that's what I...!“

 

I don't want to hear it! Forget about it! Forget about everything!“ Kyuhyun turned around again.

 

Wait! I have to tell you something!“, You said and grabbed his shirt from behind.

 

What?“

 

I'm sorry.“

 

And that's all?“ Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

No...“, you mumbled. „I'm sorry I didn't believe in what you tried to tell me the whole time...I'm sorry for not taking you serious.“

 

And?“

 

What and? That's all!“ You let go of his shirt and pouted.

 

„So...at least can you admit that I impressed you?“, Kyuhyun asked and smirked now. There was no sign of anger in his face anymore.

 

Maybe...a bit.“, you confessed and pouted even more.

 

Say it.“

 

What?“

 

Cho Kyuhyun impressed me.“, he ordered.

 

What? Was he kidding?

 

Are you serious?! I wo-!“

 

Say it or I'll go and never forgive you for all this bull you just sent me through.“, Kyuhyun forced you.

 

Okay, okay...Cho Kyuhyun impressed me.“, you muttered.

 

Louder please I couldn't hear anything.“

 

Aish! You damn Babo!“, you cursed at him.

 

That was not what I wanted to hear.“ Kyuhyun huffed and moved away as if he would leave again.

 

Hold on! Okay, okay...Cho Kyuhyun impressed me.“, you said in a loud and strong voice.

 

And I would love to go out with him.“, Kyuhyun added.

 

And I would love to go out with him. ...Wait! That was a trap! That's not fair. I won't accept that!“

 

It's too late.“, Kyuhyun said and started laughing. „If you want me to go out with you that much, I'm alright with that...tomorrow I'm free.“

 

YAH!“ You wanted to hit him but he ran away, laughing happily. You chased him, shouting loudly and telling him that you wouldn't go out with him but indeed he wouldn't let you take your words back again.

 

Leeteuk was standing at the end of the floor, watching you two fighting like little children. He had followed your whole conversation quietly. His plan was to win you back after he heard you words before...but now his chance had passed and his heart was broken. He lost you -again and again.

Now it really was Kyuhyun's turn.