2nd Chance

Bad Business

Even after eight months Sangbum's reputation hadn't gotten any better. At least the citizens had stopped picking at him but he was more or less jobless because nobody wanted to hire him for any movie, drama or commercial. But he assured you over and over again that he was fine and that everything was alright.

 

You were dating for more than half a year already and it was very different from your former relationships. It was not as dramatically and indulging like your love for Kyuhyun had been. Not as bothered and awkward as your try with Nichkhun. And it wasn't as sad and complicated as the one you had shared with Leeteuk. The relationship with Sangbum was unexpectedly easy and...normal.

 

Kyuhyun had become a shadow in your memories and you were finally able to face him without being sad and sorrowful.

 

While Kyuhyun wasn't the one swirling around you like a bee anymore, Sungmin had tried to approach you until Sangbum had informed him about you being his girlfriend now. The two guys used to be friends for a long time so Sungmin took it very easily.

 

The best thing about Sangbum was that it was easy to keep your relationship a secret. He never came to the SM office. He met you in secrecy. Nobody ever asked you about it. And whenever you were spotted by paparazzi you had made sure that nobody would have been able to recognize you because you always dressed up with masks, sunglasses and wigs before leaving the dormitory.

 

The entertainment had taken the cameras away from your dormitory after you came back from Japan and the girls were feeling comfortable in their home again. And as all the other girls you finally got free weekends – whenever you hadn't been busy with studying for upcoming university exams.

 

You were happy, having a simple relationship, having a not as stressful life as before and having finally reached the goal you always had wanted to achieve.

 

But all the happiness had its shadowy sides and they appeared in figure of scandals over scandals. Maybe it was because the cameras were gone and the girls became careless. However, it happened.

 

Yoona and Taecyeon had been spotted the first together. JYP entertainment wasn't willing to confirm the relationship - same as SM entertainment. So to cover up the mess, Yoona had to pretend to be in a relationship with someone else who was willing to get into the dangerous territory of idol dating life to save his friend Yoona. Lee Seunggi.

Taeyeon had almost the same problem. But for her there was no easy way to solve the problem.

After Kangin was released from military service the paparazzis had caught them as much as they had caught Yoona and Taecyeon. For SM entertainment it was one of the worst things that could have happened. Super Junior was a mess because the members had to enter military one after another. Yesung and Leeteuk were gone and having a Super Junior scandal would cause irreparable damage to the group and maybe even lead to their disbanding. To prevent this outcome SM decided to use a scapegoat. They more or less sacrificed one of their youngest idols. EXO's Baekhyun. He was involved in one of the biggest scandals ever with Taeyeon but SM still was of the opinion that they would rather survive the loss of a part of EXO fandom than losing the whole group of Super Junior.

 

The CEO was extremely upset because all the girls 'went hormonal crazy' after the cameras were gone. So the girls who got involved into scandals were punished separately.

 

At least you weren't involved in these scandals but seeing your unnies suffering like this made you feel just the more thankful to Sangbum that he had saved you from being in their position.

 

There was just one thing, one incident you really couldn't understand and which was bothering you somehow.

 

Nichkhun and Tiffany started dating. For real. And they confirmed it. Even though JYP wasn't willing to confirm Taecyeon's and Yoona's relationship, Nichkhun had found a way to make them accept his and Tiffany's.

 

It felt extremely awkward seeing them together and even though you wanted your unnie and your best friend to be happy, you couldn't help but doubting the sense of their relationship. Had Nichkhun really gotten over you?

But after you had been able to let go of Kyuhyun, Nichkhun should have been able to let go of you, too, right?

 

It wasn't just that it felt awkward to see them together. It was also that your friendship had been damaged badly somehow. Nichkhun had stopped being close to you like before. Maybe it was because Tiffany knew about your past 'friendship' and tried to save her own relationship by not letting him being close to you. Maybe he just was still angry because of the way you had dumped him. You couldn't tell.

 

But in fact Soshi bond was disturbed by all these scandals and outcomes. It felt like in your beginning days when the girls had been separated into groups. And here it was again, making you feel extremely sad about it.

 

Taeyeon, Yoona and you were sitting in the living room, watching TV. It was weekend but due to the scandals Taeyeon and Yoona got a curfew set by the entertainment.

The two girls were extremely exhausted by all the media trouble around them, so the laughter that once filled the SNSD dormitory had gone for a long time now.

 

In fact there were also relationships which worked out fine. For example Tiffany's and Sooyoung's. Of course they had to be careful but at least they could openly love their boyfriends.

 

"I'm so bored, I could die.", Taeyeon sulked.

 

"____-ah, why do you stay here tonight? Aren't you out on weekends usually?", Yoona wanted to know and the two women glanced at you in curiosity.

 

"Right...We never got the chance to ask you during the last months. Can it be that you're meeting someone?", Taeyeon assumed.

 

You laughed silently. "Maybe."

 

The girls' faces changed to very perplexed.

 

"Who is it? Is it Lee Minho? Since the MAMA Awards, right? I knew there was something going on when you didn't come back the night he went after you!" Yoona got all excited about it.

 

The truth was that after WGM ended, you didn't stay in contact with him. He wasn't the right one for you. Minho was the type of guy who wanted a relationship like Tiffany and Nichkhun had. Confirmed in public. And you were not ready for something like this. And then there was Sangbum...

 

"No.", you answered, amused about your unnies interest in your love life.

 

"Then who is it?", Taeyeon asked. "It can't be Kyuhyun, I saw him with Victoria a while ago and it can't be Nichkhun as we all know that he is with Tiffany now. So who is left?"

 

Yoona and Taeyeon looked at each others faces before they finally found the answer to their question.

 

"Omo! Kim Sangbum?!"

 

 

The girls loved and praised Sangbum because they knew about his scandal and the 'secret girlfriend' who was you.

So after you told them about your rather boring love story, the two girls were of the opinion that they had to invite him to the dormitory.

 

He was more than puzzled when you called him there and even more when he faced Taeyeon and Yoona who immediately welcomed him.

 

You couldn't tell why their fascination for Kim Sangbum became that strong. Maybe it was because they appreciated his efforts towards you. Maybe they were happy that one of you was able to keep a relationship up in secrecy. Maybe they were just bored...

But this fascination became kinda awkward.

 

You were sitting in front of the TV, eating some chicken while the voices of infinity challenge were playing in the background.

 

"To be honest I thought, ____-ah would start dating Lee Minho.", Yoona confessed giggling.

 

Sangbum wasn't that amused about her guess and just smiled weakly at her. Lee Minho was still a very sensitive topic between you two. Sangbum was very understanding. But as much as he was understanding, as much he could be jealous. He wasn't the type to complain or sulk about it but indeed you could tell that this topic wasn't making him feel very comfortable.

 

"Hey, Fany-ah sent me a photo.", Taeyeon exclaimed. She and Tiffany used to send each other photos when they were out with their boyfriends. The photos were usually very funny.

 

Taeyeon held her smartphone into your direction so everyone could see it. It showed Nichkhun and Tiffany who were playing together at the seaside, playing at a lonesome beach.

 

"Let me show them what we are doing right now!"

 

And before anyone of you could refuse, she had taken a picture of you.

 

"Yah! Unnie, why are you doing this? You two should have been the only ones knowing that we are a couple!", you complained.

 

"Don't worry. Fanny-ah won't tell anyone, so chill down. And I guess she and the rest of the girls will know about you two sooner or later." Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder and went on texting with Tiffany.

 

You sighed. Somehow you had a really bad feeling about this all.

 

 

The next day you met up with the other girls as usual for rehearsal and dance practice in the SM office. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were the first who asked you about Sangbum. They were all exited and laughed and giggled in happiness while Nichkhun - who came to visit for watching Tiffany's practices now - was exermining you girls sceptically.

 

After the first half of your rehearsal, you shortly went out to the restrooms. The choreographer had decided to give you some special dance moves including a lot of break dance and b-boy elements. You were dripping wet because you had started to sweat so much, so you wanted to refresh yourself in the restrooms.

When you left the restrooms again, someone was standing in front of the doors, facing you and nearly scaring the crap out of you.

 

"The hell are you doing here, Khun?!", you asked still a bit out of breath.

 

"So you're really dating Kim Sangbum right now?", he asked you without even giving a damn about your question before.

 

"S-sorry, what?"

 

"He's not matching you. Just saying.", Nichkhun told you without even blinking.

His words were igniting a fire of anger in your chest.

 

As he noticed your face becoming more angry, he went on talking.

 

"As I got to know him, he's very calm and nice. Sounds great at first but that's not what you need. I know you better than anyone else and I can tell you that you need someone more enthusiastic, more dramatical. Someone who would rather discuss and pick a fight with you than giving in and trying to pamper you. I mean just look at your guy history. Leeteuk was drama. Kyuhyun was drama extreme. And me? I was too nice, too, so you haven't been interested in me at all. Kim Sangbum is anything else than drama, so how high are the chances that it will work out with you two?"

 

"And you're stalking me to tell me that? Ah. Great. Exactly what I need.", you commented ironically and sighed. You didn't want to listen to this kind of words even though you missed talking to Nichkhun.

 

"Just think about your future. Do you want to be forever with a guy like this?"

 

"Khun, you should really think about how you're talking to others! Stop it now! I won't listen to you anymore!", you barked at him very angered and very hoarsely. He just looked back at you without even blinking before you walked away, even more upset about his ignorance.

 

 

However his words poisoned your mind irreparably. When you met Sangbum again, Nichkhun's words were replaying over and over again in your head. What the hell did he just do to make you take his words to heart that much?!

 

Whenever Sangbum kissed you, hugged you or smiled at you, you asked yourself if this relationship even made sense. How high were the chances that you would stay together forever? Could you be with him the rest of your life? Why did you even care about that now? You were too young to think about it but yet these thoughts were bothering you a lot.

 

"What's wrong?", Sangbum asked you when he noticed your absent expression.

 

"Hm? Nothing ...", you answered and slowly shook your head before you forced a smile on your lips.

 

"Yah...Don't lie to me. Something is bothering you. Let me know what it is.", he demanded.

 

You sighed but gave in.

 

"I was just wondering...can you imagine spending the rest of your life with me?"

 

Sangbum's expression showed you his irritation.

 

"Oh...", he said sounding insecure all of a sudden. "And what is the result?"

 

You looked at him, being completely stunned. Your desperate try to find the right words failed but luckily Sangbum cut in. Maybe because he wanted to prevent hearing words he couldn't bare with.

 

"It's okay. Don't answer. I don't have an answer to it, either.", he told you and the topic was off the table.

 

 

Even though you didn't talk about it anymore...Nichkhun had ignited a fire of insecurity and even after a week you weren't able to forget about it.

 

Drama. Was it really drama which you needed in a relationship? Seriously?

Drama...was it really drama? No, it was not. Drama just included one thing...One thing that made it special especially between you and Kyuhyun - passion.

And this passion was missing between Sangbum and you. What connected you was respect, understanding and affection. But there was no passion. At least you couldn't feel it. So would this passion come one day? Or would it never come?

 

 

The SNSD girls were meeting up for an agenda talk with the manager end of the week before some of you would depart to Hongkong. TaeTiSeo would leave on Sunday and therefore there had been some things left to discuss about.

 

"These are your individual schedules.", the manager informed you and passed sheets around. Each of you started to study them.

 

"There will be another sub-unit?", Hyoyeon asked in surprise.

 

You looked for the information and found it written in the middle of the script.

 

The unit's name was New Generation and the leader would be Hyoyeon. Yuri, Sooyoung and you would be in it and the focus was on dancing and rapping which ment you were the lead rapper and Hyoyeon the lead dancer which explained her leader status now.

 

Besides the news about the sub-unit another thing crossed your eyes.

 

A new upcoming drama offer. Side by side with Sangbum again. And somehow it made you feel very uncomfortable.

 

 

Just as the offer had surprised you, Sangbum did so, too. He called you in the late evening and asked you to hang out with him.

 

Which had started as an uneasy feeling in your stomach, became a true nightmare once you met him face to face.

 

"Let's have some pasta and a bottle of wine!", he suggested happily and led you into one of his favorite restaurants, he appreciated a lot because they were very discrete about their idol costumers. But nevertheless they were watching you two curiously when you entered together.

 

It was like usual when you two were together. You talked about what happened to you the last days, what you were up to - and there came the wrecking ball in.

 

"You already received the drama offer?", Sangbum asked you.

 

Immediately your grip at your fork went stronger, more painfully.

 

"Y-yes.", you answered with a trembling voice.

 

"Seems like the Korean citizens love seeing us together. The night sky couple even beat the friendship couple. "

 

Night sky couple was shipped since your first drama had appeared. But so far you hadn't thought about it again even once...and here it came to the most unfitting moment you could imagine.

 

"I thought about it for a while now...and even though we're just dating for 6 months you made me think about it when we talked last time. Can you remember?"

 

Oh shoot, yes you could. It was that damn topic Nichkhun had brought up.

 

You could do nothing than swallow all of your nervousness but it silenced you as much as it kept you sitting there.

 

"I thought about...if I could imagine being with you forever. And yes...I do.", Sangbum said confidently and smiled encouragingly at you before he took out a little box.

 

"____-ah...will you marry me?"

 

 

"I can't believe you really broke up with that guy!", Nichkhun yelled completely drunken and laughed.

 

"Gee...Don't be that loud...", you told Nichkhun off. Even though you two had gotten into a separate room for you two, people were still able to hear you and since the staff was more than perplexed when some of the most popular idols in Korea had entered their bar, they were even more curious. Not to mention that everyone knew that Nichkhun was with Tiffany...

 

"Let me be! Be happy I even hurried to this place when you called me! I mean...what will all the people think of us now...?"

 

You sighed because he was right. You had called him very desperately without even telling him the reason of your contemporary outbreak of insanity. Just when he arrived and you had ordered the first bottle of soju, the news were escaping your mouth like a wild stream ran down a waterfall.

 

"This is all your fault!", you complained and opened the 5th bottle of soju to mix it with the mug of beer standing on the table.

 

"My fault? Oh dear...do you love me, darling? I think you are a bit too late. How do you think this would ever work out,____? I'm with Tiffany now!"

 

"Nah...what the hell do you think of me? I don't want you and Tiffany to break up. It's fine that you two have found each other! Stay together as long as possible, I will not get into your way, I promise. It's just that I haven't found the person I want to spend my life with yet and so-"

 

"Dafuq is wrong with you?!", Nichkhun suddenly broke into your words, hitting his fist on the table so all the glasses and bottles were moving.

 

"Huh?"

 

Your eyes wandered upwards when Nichkhun got up to get the seat next to you.

 

"Don't you get it?! Don't you really get it?!"

 

"Khun...you're scaring me...", you mumbled, feeling how all the alcohol dizziness was fading because of Nichkhun's strange behavior.

 

"The real power of a man is in the size of the smile of the woman sitting next to him.", he said with a raised pointing finger.

 

You immediately started laughing. Oh gosh, you had expected something completely different confronting you now.

 

"You see? I just not simply make you smile - I make you laugh. So where is the problem in finding the right guy to be with?", he went on and your laughter silenced again.

 

"If you want drama, I give you drama, baby. I started dating Tiffany just to be next to you. The feelings between Tiff and me are nothing compared to the feelings I still have for you. So why not make this become the biggest drama ever?"

 

Your eyes widened when Nichkhun had a go on this topic.

 

"I don't care if we won't be able to have children. You're the only person I need. I don't care what had been in the past. Because I'm the one waiting for you in the future. I don't care if you need drama. I will give you as much drama as you want. And I don't give a damn about what the stupid entertainments and CEOs think about us dating - because I will beat them all for you. You're my best friend, ____. You're my soul mate and we know each other so well...how can something work out better than this? I swear I will never hurt you. I swear I will give everything to you. I swear I will love you like a goddess. I swear I will make you the happiest woman of this world."

 

Nichkhun didn't even take a single minute after he finished his little speach. He just went for it and kissed you. He kissed you so passionately that it made you lose all your senses. And as he pressed you into the corner of the little room, hovering over you and giving you no chance to escape this up heated taste of his love, you couldn't think about Sangbum, Tiffany or SM Entertainment. Because for the first time kissing Nichkhun felt damn good.


I'm back again! And I'll upload about at least 3 more chapters in the following two weeks! - No kidding, they are already done, I just have to check them through another time~

And of course I've got some teasers for you again!

(btw - sorry for not adding some nice chapter images as always...I'm currently in Thailand so I don't have photoshop with me at the moment T_T)

Teaser

"This...This is...not right...Khun!"

"I love you."

- Breaking News: SM and JYP couple Nichkhun and Tiffany break-up! -

"I know everything about you. And I accept everything about you. I want to spend my life with you. So I want to succeed in which nobody yet was able to do. I want to marry you."