Rumor Princess

Bad Business

It was confusing. It was irritating. It was making absolutely no sense. Whatever happened – however it happened -or why it had happened... it made no sense to you.

The sweet taste of Kyuhyun's so hated and forbidden lips was still burning on your lips, the feeling didn't want to leave and still your stomach was in such an uproar, you felt like throwing up of excitement. This made no sense – you had hated Kyuhyun so much...what was wrong with your body and your hormones that you had kissed him, no, even attacked him like a wild animal?

This was absolutely not your style, so what was it with Kyuhyun which made you driving crazy to this extent? The question was bothering you even days after it had happened.

 

After the kiss incident, you had started to avoid Kyuhyun strictly. Whenever he called you, you didn't pick up the phone. Whenever the girls met the SuJu members for lunch or dinner, you acted as if he was air and started a conversation with someone else so he couldn't have a conversation one on one with you. You behaved like a little, stubborn kid. Just to avoid speaking to Kyuhyun again. What did the kiss mean? To you? And to him? You were afraid of the answer and especially of him wanting you to give an answer. You rather died than talking to him about it!

 

Everyone else noticed the strange atmosphere around you, lingering in the air like a thick jelly wall. It was dangerous territory and nobody dared to talk to either you or Kyuhyun about it. Except for one: Donghae.

 

“She still avoids you?”, he asked his dongsaeng in a teasing tone. “Seems like you're a bad kisser, my friend.”

 

“Nonsense!”, Kyuhyun hissed in anger, “She liked it, I can tell!”

 

“Then why doesn't she want to talk to you then?”, Donghae wanted to know, still smirking maliciously. “I thought you a good match for each other because you have a lot in common but it seems as if it's more like contrasts are connecting than resemblances.”

 

“Yah! Hyung! Watch your mouth! I'll show you that it's not like this!”

 

Meanwhile Sungmin and Eunhyuk were discussing about you, too. Especially Eunhyuk was irritated about Donghae and Kyuhyun becoming that close to each other. It used to be him to hang out with Donghae that much, and Sungmin to hang out with Kyuhyun. So what had happened? Had it something to do with Donghae getting together with Jessica again? Since the day he informed Eunhyuk about dating Jessica again it was like this...awkward, very awkward.

 

Sungmin was the one disliking the new atmosphere the most. Everyone in Super Junior knew that he had fallen for you. He was talking about you 24/7 – even in front of Leeteuk, who got quite upset about it but didn't say anything.

 

“Do you think ____-ah and Kyuhyun-ah are dating?”, Eunhyuk asked him, making Sungmin grit his teeth angrily.

 

“No, that can't be!”, he huffed and shook his head as if this assumption was trying to climb up his hair and he could get rid of it by shaking his head as much as possible. “Kyuhyun-ah know that I like ____!”

 

There was a short break when both of the guys started watching Kyuhyun's poor attempts to talk to you again – but as always you fled from him, this time talking to Siwon about something they couldn't tell. Kyuhyun seemed a bit discouraged about it.

 

“Naaaaaah!”, Sungmin denied strictly. “This-can't-be! We made a pact on that nobody is allowed to ask ____-ah out...and if someone was allowed to do it, it would be me because I was the first to like her!”

 

Eunhyuk's expression brightened but yet he seemed unimpressed by this little arrangement between Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

 

„But don't you think there is something going on between them? It is undeniable if you ask me.“ He rubbed his chin and looked up, thinking intensely about it.

 

„Let's ask her out. I wanted to meet with her anyways.“, Sungmin suggested and nodded like he was of the opinion his idea was the best he had for a long time.

 

„You wanna ask her out? And what about the pact?“, Eunhyuk asked Sungmin. He didn't look to convinced about Sungmin's idea.

 

„Not me – us. We will ask her out. And then we can take a walk through the park or something like that. Just spending time with her and talking about stuff like this new situation. How about that? And there is nobody breaking the rules of the pact.“

 

Both were discussing about it for a few more minutes. Leeteuk listened to them and thought about their words. Kyuhyun...he started to dislike the maknae though he never had something against him. Now he would love to choke him. It was jealousy that led him to this attitude and he hated himself for it. It would be best just to ignore everything about you two and just go on like before – that was what he told himself.

 

 

Kyuhyun had his problems to talk to you...but he still he was trying hard to solve the problem – especially with having Donghae in his back, teasing him whenever he could.

 

Like quite often, some of the SNSD girls came into the SuJu rehearsal room to order some food together. You were missing and Kyuhyun had already noticed that it was not the first time you didn't want to join your unnies. Seemed like he needed some female help.

 

“Yoona-yah...can you help me a bit? It's...because of ____-ah...“, he asked his friend with a whisper voice, being more than embarrassed because he had to ask Yoona for her advice.

 

“You came close now?“ Yoona chuckled quietly. “What's the matter?”

 

“It's just...that I feel like she's avoiding me. I don't know what to do. I had hoped I could talk to her now but she's missing quite often at lunch time. Where's she?”

 

Yoona chuckled again. It was more than cute how Kyuhyun was trying to get close to you.

 

“You should try to talk to her in the late evening when she's back at the SNSD dormitory. At the moment she's one of the first to arrive back home because the agency gave her some free time to study...you know she's attending Ewha Univ, don't you? During lunch time she's usually with the SHINee members, especially Taemin-ah.“

 

Lunch with another guy? Kyuhyun snorted and looked to the others who had decided to order rice cake soup today.

 

„Don't order for me, I'm not hungry anymore.“, he said and then left the room.

 

He was on his way to the SHINee rehearsal room to see with his own eyes that you were spending time with Taemin but not with him. Taemin...Taemin...!!! It was not like Kyuhyun disliked him...no, they were friends! But at the moment he would have loved to kick that guy's .

 

When he reached the room he already heard you laughing while you were talking to Onew and Taemin.

 

„Hold on, you can't do that!“, you squealed and Kyuhyun immediately rushed into the room.

 

He was kicking the door open, standing breathless in front of you while all of your eyes lay on him.

You and the SHINee members sat in a circle and Taemin put some Sambal Oelek on his sandwich because you had bet before he wouldn't eat it anymore when he put a whole glass of the spicy sauce on it. He stopped and looked up.

 

„Cho Kyuhyun?“, you asked puzzled. „What are you doing here?“

 

„I...I...I'm here to pick you up.“, he explained, embarrassed by his own stupid acting.

 

„Where do you have to go, ______-ah?“, Taemin asked you.

 

„I... don't know...but I will come back quickly.“, you said hesitatingly and stood up to go to Kyuhyun.

 

„I am...ain't I?“, you asked him.

 

„I...I don't know it yet, we will see.“ He grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the room. You directly looked down to your hands. He took your hand in front of the others' eyes? What the...?!

 

 

„What's wrong with you?! Let go of me!“, you told Kyuhyun but he didn't until you reached the end of the floor.

 

„I want to spend some time with you.“, Kyuhyun said and turned around to you.

 

„What? Now?“, you asked him in pure disbelief.

 

„No,no...not now...today after schedules.“, he answered.

 

„Well...I'm sorry but I already have plans...“ You pressed your fingertips against each other and looked up to Kyuhyun who glanced back in wonder.

 

„Which plans?“

 

„Eunhyuk-oppa and Sungmin-oppa already asked me out...“

 

Now his face became deep red. It somehow looked unhealthy. Especially how his lips curled.

 

„You eat lunch with Taemin and after schedules you go out with my hyungs but for me there's no time left?! What am I to you? Some pastime?! Some toy?!“

 

„I didn't say that! You're overreacting, Cho Kyuhyun!“ You were overstrained with his anger. Where did it came from all of the sudden?

 

„I'm not overreacting! You were the one who kissed me and after that you ignored me!“, he complained hissing.

 

“I...I...noooo!“, you denied it,”You just tried to pick up a conversation whenever I was busy...!”

 

Kyuhyun still looked unsatisfied. You sighed in annoyance.

 

„Cho Kyuhyun, if it makes you happy we can have lunch now. I will skip lunchtime with SHINee today but you have to hurry...the break time is almost over.“

 

Kyuhyun's face brightened a little bit. His anger seemed forgotten and he quickly took your hand again to lead you outside.

 

You two didn't notice that there was someone who overheared you – Taemin.

 

 

You were invited into a nice Naengmyeon Restaurant. Both of you had to hurry eating but it was nice to eat something different than the stuff you ordered all the time or the food that the SHINee members brought with them.

 

After you were finished eating, Kyuhyun and you had the strange silent atmosphere around you again. And as expected Kyuhyun was first to pick the word.

 

“About...the kiss.”, he started, the word kiss your whole body like a lightning. “...why?”

 

You gulped heavily before you were able to give an answer. “To be honest I don't know it.”

 

„How can you not know it? Do you always run around and kiss random guys?“ Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, sounding more than unsatisfied.

 

“I told you, I don't know! It was just...that moment I didn't know myself what I was doing! I regretted it immediately and I-”

 

“You regret it?” Kyuhyun now looked more hurt than huffy.

 

„ For real....______-ah, what am I to you? I thought you liked me – at least a bit...but how come you dislike spending time with me that much?“

 

You had no response to that. Of course you didn't dislike him. You liked Kyuhyun in a strange way but still it was too awkward for you to be around him especially when he tried to do couple stuff. By remaining silent you made Kyuhyun's face getting more gloomy.

 

„You don't think we're a couple, am I right?“, Kyuhyun asked and looked straight ahead while you were walking towards the SM Office.

 

„No, not really.“, you answered honestly and from that moment on both of you silenced.

 

 

Eunhyuk and Sungmin were waiting in front of the Office for you in the evening. You hurried and smiled brightly when you saw how happy they looked when you arrived.

 

„Let's go for a nice walk at Chonggyecheon...we hope you're alright with that.“, Sungmin said and had a lovely smile on his lips.

 

„Yes, I'm alright with that. I never got to see the Chonggyecheon!“ You laughed slightly and then you started walking.

 

Cheonggyecheon was a little river in the middle of Seoul, a place where mostly couples were to meet. It was romance itself.

 

It was nice to talk again with Sungmin about different stuff you had talked about before they left for their tour. Eunhyuk also informed you about what they did during their tour.

 

„______-ah, can we ask you something?“, Eunhyuk started the next step of your conversation.

 

„What's the matter?“, you asked him.

 

„What's wrong with you and Kyuhyun-ah?“

 

What?! You were completely shocked by this question...they noticed that Kyuhyun's and your relationship had changed?

 

„I don't know what you mean.“, you pretended and chuckled nervously. You would have to deny everything they said. Aish...

 

„You are behaving strange around each other lately.“, Sungmin explained to you. „There is no fighting anymore not even short talking.“

 

„Ah...that you mean...I don't know what's with that....maybe he is annoyed. Well...I'm happy with it.“, you said and made a serious face.

 

They didn't believe you...but they didn't ask anymore.

 

After the walk they brought you home to the SNSD dorm and wished you a good night. And with it they left you alone with your mind full of Kyuhyun and his words. What was he to you?

 

 

The Office was totally crowded when you girls arrived at it on the next morning.

 

„What's with all the people? Are they paparazzi?“ Sooyoung looked around and saw your manager at the back entrance to the office. He beckoned you over.

 

Sunny was the first to check her phone to see what was wrong „Oh oh...I think I know what's wrong...“, she said.

 

„What's wrong?“, Taeyeon asked.

 

„Ulzzang Baby is the new target...because of the interview Taemin-ah gave yesterday.“

 

Taemin? Interview?

 

„What do you mean?“, you asked Sunny.

 

„I just read it now..there was an interview about SHINee's ideal girls. They asked Taemin-ah if he likes a person and he replied that it was ____-ah. He even told them that they are close.“, Sunny answered.

 

„What?!”, you exclaimed in shock. “Why the hell should he do such a thing?!” It was not a lie that you were close with each other – but not that close that everyone in South Korea should think you two were dating or about to date!

 

„Look out, I guess there is coming even more.“ Yuri pointed to your manager. He held a newspaper in his hands and was more than furious.

 

„Why does that exist?!“, he asked you angrily and gave it to you. There was a picture of Sungmin, Eunhyuk and you on the front page. “How careless of you to go visit such a crowded place!” He was completely right about it – you didn't even dress up differently. Of course not. After schedules the three of you went there without caring too much about your appearance, so it was easy to recognize you with just the hoodies and the sunglasses on.

 

„What is it with Taemin?! Why did you meet with Eunhyuk and Sungmin in the evening?! And how about Kiseop from U-KISS?! Even Teen Top's Chunji and Niel are talking about you in front of the cameras! Girl! You're causing so much trouble!“

 

Inside, the manager showed you everything. The interviews from Teen Top, the interviews from Kiseop and the one from Taemin. He even showed you one from Victoria in which she talked about your and Nichkhun's 'relationship'. You didn't get why Victoria said you had a relationship with Nichkhun. She was his girlfriend...or did that change? You decided to ask Nichkhun about it the next time you meet.

 

Everyone except for Taemin talked about you without saying your name...but it was clearly who they meant. And now the SM Office was full of reporters who wanted to talk to the No. 1 Scandal Girl.

 

You were shocked – mainly because you didn't know that Taemin was thinking like that about you. Was he aware that he was destroying his own reputation like that? What the heck ways wrong with him?!

 

„Girls, you go practicing! You, little lady, you will come with me! It's time to give some interviews against those rumors!“

 

The manager dragged you to the front entrance of the Office were already two guys were talking to the reporters. It were Kyuhyun and Siwon.

They were already dealing with your problem though it wasn't theirs. At least not Siwon's...

 

„We don't know where you have this idea from but _______-shi has 100% no boyfriend. Especially not Lee Taemin.“, Siwon told a couple of reporters.

 

Kyuhyun did his job as well really good. „My hyungs only tried to give her some advices. She is new to this business and still needs a lot of help. But how can you assume that there is something between them? Do you expect them to have some fun?“

 

You had to deal with reporters as well but you weren't as good as Siwon and Kyuhyun were. Especially Kyuhyun put a lot of effort into it. You were impressed by the things he told them. He explained plausibly and elaborately. Kyuhyun was really smart which made him just look cooler in your eyes.

 

It took you a long time until every reporter went home again with a not so nice story as they thought. You weren't finished with the rumors until now but for today you worked enough.

 

„You can go and practice again. Hurry, hurry!“ The manager sent all of you off.

 

Siwon left first and after him Kyuhyun. You followed him quietly.

 

„Cho Kyuhyun?“, you called his name when you walked behind him trough the floors.

 

„What do you want? Trampling on my feelings again?“, he asked harshly.

 

„No...I wanted to thank you...“, you said. Kyuhyun was there for you. Funnily enough every time you needed some help. It was Leeteuk you expected to be there and help you every time you needed it but there was always Kyuhyun, waiting to rescue you again and again like he had nothing else to do. He was like a singing prince on a white horse.

 

„...and I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I didn't mean it like that...I enjoy spending my time with you. Maybe too much. I can't deal with all of the strange feelings coming up when you're around me...“

 

„You mean like you're falling in love with me against your own will.“, Kyuhyun said and grinned.

 

„Kind of.“, you answered without thinking more about what you said until now.

 

„No!“

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and disheveled your hair.

 

„I have to forgive you a lot of things, you already know that...but this time you really hurt my feelings.“, he kinda smiled while he said that. It irritated you.

 

„That means you can't forgive me this time?“, you asked him and were afraid of the answer which might possibly be yes.

 

„I'm not that bad, you should learn that. This time I'll turn a blind eye to it if you start calling me Oppa. You think you can do that?“

 

„Calling you Oppa?...well...I'll try...Kyuhyun...oppa...“ Your voice cracked and you looked ashamed up into Kyuhyun's smirking face.

 

„Say it again.“, he ordered.

 

„Oppa....“ You blushed and crossed your arms. „And now stop that!“

 

„Why? We're not finished yet. I have something here you have to do and then I'll forgive you everything.“ Kyuhyun cleared his throat and looked into your eyes. It felt intimidating how he looked at you.

 

„____-ah, will you be my girlfriend?”