Choose

Bad Business

The news exploded like a bomb when the manager informed you about the following plans on WGM. The 'Flower Generation Couple' became extremely popular amongst korean citizens and therefore Minho's and your agencies had decided to let your relationship grow and enter a new level.

The script had it big written right in the middle.

 

A kiss.

 

During the recordings you didn't even think about this story turning out like now and when you read the scenery for the first time, your stomach was aching as hell.

Of course the first thing you thought of was Kyuhyun. You met him just once after WGM had started and even then it was just a short meeting of one hour.

You both felt uneasy around each other. The distance had grown more than it had before.

It was a bit frustrating because your relationship had overcome even worse obstacles...but there were different aspects which made the situation more complicated than it should have been.

 

Kyuhyun was always thinking about you and Minho. There was nothing else in his head. It was just natural that his jealous mind had started to eat him up inside. He couldn't think of anything else even when you were around.

You had another problem: Kyuhyun acted oddly and you thought it was because you didn't have a lot of time to spend with him. There was no other explanation to you than the one that Kyuhyun was angry because of it. You didn't even know how to solve this issue since he became very distant and cold.

After meeting you felt worse than before.

 

„Are you sure that we should do that?“, you asked your manager who simply nodded.

 

„Okay...then it should be like this...“

 

„Don't worry too much about it. You will kiss Kim Sang Bum as well during 'Sun and Moon'.“

 

Your eyes widened.

 

Sun and Moon was the drama Kim Bum and you should be the main cast of. It was the typical lovestory. The drama was about twins, two boys, who get to know each other because one of them has been diagnosed with cancer. The sick one therefore looks for his twin, begging him to replace him. Why? Because he has desperately fallen in love with a girl that should never mourn his death.

The other twin, who had lived his whole life at the country side, agrees and gets to know the big city life – and the girl he would play the boyfriend for.

He simply falls in love with her, too, but unfortunatelly his sick twin defeats the cancer and wants his life back.

 

You liked the script a lot but never thought about kissing scenes. How stupid! Of course there would be some! And if Kyuhyun found out, you would be so death.

 

„Aish...!“

 

 

 

Kissing scenes are just natural.“, Yoona appeased you.

 

It was break time during dance practice at SNSD rehearsal room. Yoona, Sooyoung and you were sitting in one corner discussing about different stuff – for example your career as an actress.

 

„Yes, but you know Kyuhyun...he will kill me!“, you whined.

 

„Ah...that's true.“

 

„Maybe I should just not tell him about it. He won't watch the drama anyway...and about that WGM kiss...I'll find a solution!“, you tried to plan but Sooyoung immediately started shaking you.

 

„Don't-do-that!“, she told you off. „You have to inform him about it otherwise it will get worse and worse with you two!“

 

You sighed.

 

Sooyoung was wright. You would have to talk to Kyuhyun no matter what.

 

„And what happens when Kyuhyun doesn't want me to do as the agency wants from me?“, you asked.

 

„Well...then it will be really problematic..“, Sooyoung said and made a quite worried face. „We're not in the position to reject such great offers...and you can't say no during WGM, the show is already on air.“

 

Great, really great. How could bad luck be so addicted to you?

 

 

 

The day finally arrived when you told Kyuhyun about the plans of the agency for you.

You asked him for consent but his answer turned out differently from what you had hoped for.

 

„No.“, he simply said.

 

„No?“, you asked insecurely as if you hadn't understand him correctly.

 

„Yes, I said no.“

 

You blinked puzzled. „So you're forbidding me to take place in that drama?“

 

„If this is the result of my decision: yes.“, Kyuhyun said without even looking at you.

 

„So you're seriously deciding about my career now? Really?“ It was not only shock which made your voice become louder. It was also anger.

 

„To be honest I thought about it a lot. I don't want you to kiss anyone. Quit it both – WGM and this stupid drama.“, Kyuhyun told you. It was not a plea, it was a command.

 

His words made your mouth drop open. Unbelievable what he had just said. He really dared to decide about your life.

 

„And you know what it means to me? You know that I will lose everything then?“, you wanted to know.

 

„Yes.“, he answered calmly. You wondered how he couldn't freak out as well.

„You don't have a clue how I feel at the moment. I'm captured in this stupid show as a host. I must watch how another guy approaches you and have to endure even more stupid comments about how cute you look together. It's not like I'm sitting in the living room watching the show and being able to turn of the TV whenever I want. I'm captured in that seat, I have to watch the show, listen to comments and even comment about it, too.“

 

His words felt like sharp knives cutting your heart. You felt guilty. Guilty because Kyuhyun had to go through this torture.

 

„I decided to end this misery. Can you remember my offer to you? The question I asked you before they told you to attend WGM?“, he asked and looked at you.

 

Of course you could remember. It had been a proposal...and you had said no.

 

„We don't need to be popular.“, Kyuhyun went on. „We don't need a lot of money. We just need each other. And I want nothing more than marry you, have children and live a peaceful, decent life.“

 

His words would have been extremely cute if one certain thing hadn't destroyed everything.

It was the fact...the secret you shared with Nichkhun. Nichkhun had warned you before that you would have to tell Kyuhyun about it sooner or later.

You could not have children. It was impossible.

 

You gulped at Kyuhyun and were still unable to tell him what was bothering you. Kyuhyun was asking you to give up your dream to live his one...but fact was that you wouldn't be able to make his dream come true. Both of you would lose your dreams.

 

„...I had hoped you would answer immediately...but I can wait...just let me know about your decision early enough. I'll prepare everything then to drop out of this business.“

 

 

 

The conversation about dropping out didn't leave you just a single moment to relax. You were completely nervous and insecure when you reached the filming set of WGM.

 

„You're late!“, Minho crossed your way and smiled gently. „We'll start in about 10 minutes, you should get ready quickly.“

 

You took a deep breath. Yeah...you should get ready.

 

„____-AH! Where have you been?!“, your manager came over and dragged you to your cloak room.

 

„It's already time to start! Get ready, quickly!“, he told you and ran outside again without waiting for you to say something.

 

This could have been your chance to drop out. Your chance to tell your manager you would quit. But you missed it.

 

 

When they started filming, you did your best. Nobody seemed to notice that you had become nervous. Not even Minho noticed it, he was just naturally walking around, both of you hand in hand, matching your footsteps.

 

Both of you were walking through a mall until you reached the very end. The civilians around were all observing you curiously and started whispering. It was usual for you to have people talking about you. Sometimes they even talked to you during filmings because they recognized Minho...and sometimes you as well.

Minho took you to an Arcade Game corner and immediately Kyuhyun's face flashed through your mind and his words were echoing through your head.

 

...You don't have a clue how I feel at the moment. I'm captured in this stupid show as a host. I must watch how another guy approaches you and have to endure even more stupid comments about how cute you look together...

 

It was like having your first date with Kyuhyun with Minho right at the moment.

 

„How do you like it? Let's play something!“, Minho suggested and went over to one of the racing games. He sat down and patted on top of the empty seat beneath him.

 

„Com'on!“

 

You nodded and quietly went to join him.

 

Racing games were way too easy but since your whole body was shaking of nervousity and bad conscience you weren't able to play properly.

 

„Who wins gets one wish for free!“, Minho suddenly exclaimed. He really had fun playing this game.

 

Your reaction was the complete difference. You nearly crashed your car against a wall. This was so wrong. So absolutely wrong...

 

The game did not even last more than 3 minutes until Minho won.

 

„Yes! I won!“, he triumphed and lifted you up, to turn around in a circle.

 

You tried your best to laugh but it more or less sounded like a a mixture of coughing and whining.

 

Minho let you down on the ground again. He was grinning and crossed his arms.

 

„Now I've got one wish for free! And I want you to fulfil it now!“

 

Wishes...how you started hating them. Not only because you know what would happen now..

 

„I want a kiss.“

 

You started acting randomly again, tiptoed and kissed Minho on his cheek.

 

„There you are!“, you said and wanted to take a step back.

 

„That's not what I wanted!“, Minho complained, before he grabbed your hands.

 

Your heart stopped beating. It was inescapable.

This would be the last chance now...the last chance to drop out. Otherwise your relationship was over.

 

Minho gently squeezed your hands and slowly bend down.

 

Your mind was overflowing with different thoughts. Would you turn around your head? Would you say no? Or would you just let Minho kiss you?

 

Again Kyuhyun's dream appeared in your mind. He, surrounded by little children, and a woman. A woman who could never be you.

 

And before this scenerey had found its end in your head, Minho's lips had touched yours.

 

Meanwhile the hosts were celebrating this moment in the studio. Except for Kyuhyun who suddenly got up and left the film-studio. The others watched him irritatedly but didn't say anything.

Nobody said something until Kyuhyun had loudly slammed the door to the backstage area behind him.

 

On his way out, he took his smartphone and sent you a message.

 

'It's over. Don't contact me anymore.'