I'm waiting

Bad Business

Kyuhyun's message had hurt you a lot in the beginning. There was a time when you just got back to the dormitory, sat down on your bed and cried the whole evening. You didn't eat properly, you didn't sleep properly – you simply lost your happiness with Kyuhyun.

 

Two months had already passed and during WGM you had already had your honeymoon with Minho at the Maledives where you acted like Geum JanDi and Goo JunPyo in Boys Over Flowers.

The first episodes of 'Sun and Moon' had also been aired already and having Kim Bum as co-actor was really fun. As long as you stayed at filming sets or on stage, everything was just fine. You were able to distract yourself from being left by Kyuhyun. But whenever you got home, reality was hitting you like a fist.

 

The worst and maybe the best was that you didn't dare to write Kyuhyun just for a single time. And somehow both of you managed to avoid any SNSD – SuJu – group meeting. It was better like this. It was the right thing after all.

 

 

It was a day like always, you thought, when you arrived at the set of 'Sun and Moon' on Monday morning.

The sun was shining brightly and you had already been made up for acting. Kim Bum came over to greet you. He always greeted you the same.

 

'Good Morning, _____-ah. You look as pretty as always.'

 

Today everything should have been a bit...different.

 

„Hey, _____ah...I've got a serious question.“, he said. „Well...actually I've got two serious questions.“

 

He was nonchalantly smiling as always. Sometimes you couldn't believe what a playboy this guy could be.

You got to know him earlier when you went on a date with Sungmin. Back then you hadn't thought this guy would be like he actually was.

He wasn't the type of Casanova who took any woman he could get. It was more a game to him, making women fall in love with him and then dropping them like hot potatoes.

 

„What's the matter?“, you asked him a bit insecurely.

 

„Do you still date Sungmin?“, he asked you directly and got nearer to you.

 

„I...no, I'm not.“ Not that you had ever dated him for real.

 

„Ah fine...and how about Lee Minho? Is it just WGM stuff about you or are you really dating? I mean...you were kissing each other live on air.“

 

You shook your head. „That's not real either.“, you answered honestly even though you couldn't tell what Kim Bum's intention was.

 

„Fine.“, he said and smiled somehow relieved. „Then how about eating lunch together today?“

 

You didn't answer. You just looked at him with big rounded eyes, as if his question was nothing else than a crazy imagination of yours. Did he just really...?

 

„____-ah?“, Kim Bum asked – now a bit insecurely.

 

„I...“, you wanted to start an answer but fortunately your manager came by.

 

„Hey, you guys should go start filming now! You're not paid for standing in a corner, talking to each other!“

 

 

Until lunch time you didn't make up a decision. And when lunch time started, Kim Bum was standing in front of you, waiting for an answer again.

 

You insecurely said yes and you two were looking for a nice restaurant nearby to eat some Jjajangmyon.

 

You were right on your way when your smartphone started to ring and vibrate like there was no tomorrow. When you looked up who it was, you were quite surprised because you hadn't heard of this person for a while.

 

Nichkhun.

 

He didn't call you but he sent you lots and lots of messages.

 

'Did you read the news?', he asked you in the first one. In the second was a link to a website which reported about Kyuhyun and Victoria dating.

 

You stopped immediately which made Kim Bum furrow his eyebrows. „What's wrong?“, he asked you but instead of giving an answer, you wrote back.

 

'That's just gossip.' you texted back but just a few seconds later received a photo taken by Nichkhun. It showed Kyuhyun and Victoria hand in hand.

 

'You still think so?', he asked you.

 

'When did you take it?' you wanted to know. You felt your legs becoming heavier and shaky. Your heart was beating violently against your chest und your head was filled with burning heat.

 

'Half an hour ago.'

 

His response was about to kill you. You fell on your knees, looking straight forward at the ground.

Kyuhyun had found another girlfriend just in two months. How was that possible?

Your whole body started shivering and now the image of Kyuhyun and a family was completed in your head. The part of the wife was taken by Victoria.

 

You started crying and Kim Bum immediately got on his knees as well.

 

„____-ah! What's wrong?! Tell me!!! Are you alright?!“

 

 

Kim Bum wasn't able to calm you down again. It was your manager who got you back to reality when you arrived at the set again. He was scolding you off roughly and made you act like there was nothing. During filming you managed to brace yourself but when you arrived at the dormitory there was no hold of it anymore.

 

You were sitting in the entry, crying your eyes out.

 

Yoona and Hyoyeon found you first.

 

„What should we do?“, Hyoyeon asked.

 

„Aish...I'm not sure...Usually I would call Kyuhyun now...but that's not possible, I guess.“, Yoona said and watched you worriedly.

 

Hyoyeon tried to talk to you but you couldn't stop crying and just gasped some not understandable words as answers. Hyoyeon just nodded helplessly to your gasps.

 

„I'll call Nichkhun. Wait a minute. “

 

And Nichkhun really came by after 30 minutes.

 

„She's a mess!“, Yoona informed Nichkhun when he entered the dormitory.

 

The girls had managed to get you into the living room, where you were sitting at the ground now, still crying.

 

„Geez...I didn't think this would hurt you so much.“ , Nichkhun said and sighed.

 

„Stand up.“, he told you and helped you up. Your legs were shaky again.

 

„I'll take her out for an hour or two...just leave it to me.“ Nichkhun smiled confidently at the girls and then left with you – still crying.

 

 

It took Nichkhun 2 hours and at least 12 choco pies until you were able to talk again. He had brought you to the JYP building's roof in Apgujeong and caressed your aching soul with soft words and a lot of sweets. You didn't care if it was forbidden to eat sweets or not – now it was urgent to eat some.

 

„Do you feel better now?“, Nichkhun asked you.

 

„Not at all.“, you answered while eating choco pie number 13. Tears were still running down your cheeks, but now they just came about every 2-3 minutes while 2 hours ago they were flowing like wild rivers.

Indeed you felt better but still it was a shock, a hurting shock.

 

Nichkhun just chuckled and sighed. It was already autumn and the fresh air became more and more cold. Winter was about to arrive soon.

 

In your head everything cleared up again and you were able to talk calmly about what actually had happened.

 

„I bet this couple thing is just promotion.“, you said.

 

It was just obvious that you were denying the truth because you just couldn't take it.

 

„But I sent you the photo right? I saw them privately.“, Nichkhun reminded you which made you completely lose your arguments for denying.

 

You had to think over it and then turned angry.

 

„I can't believe that this damnit evil found someone to replace me in just two months! TWO!“, you grumped and took another bite of your choco pie.

 

Meanwhile Nichkhun had started observing you in amusement.

Not that this was a fun thing at all but Nichkhun now was witnessing the five states of the Kübler-Ross Model of Grief. Usually this just happened to people who were confronted with death but ...losing your love seemed kinda matching.

You just had skipped from the denial state to the state of anger. Three more to go. Somehow Nichkhun looked forward to that.

Next to go: bargaining, depression and acceptance.

 

„Why did you two break up at all?“, he asked you.

 

You never had the chance to explain him what actually happened since this was the first time since a few months you talked to each other again.

 

He wanted me to quit.“, you answered and stopped swallowing. You looked straight ahead into nowhere, thinking intensly about why you had not decided on doing what Kyuhyun had asked you for.

You could still be together. Happily.

 

„It's just natural you said no. This is your dream! Being on stage is what you always wanted to do!“, Nichkhun said a bit outraged.

 

„No...it's not that.“, you whispered. „I wanted to go and live on with him...even if it ment that I couldn't live my dream anymore...because Kyuhyun had become my dream.“, you said and tears were rolling down your cheeks again.

 

Then it's because of...“ Nichkhun immediately understood the matter.

 

„...yes...he wanted us to be a happy family. Both of us and our children...but...but...“ You started gasping again and Nichkhun quickly hugged you, patting your head softly.

 

„I wish I could turn back time...I wish I could turn back time and not get that stupid envelope...I wish I could still be with Kyuhyun...Khunnie, I really miss him! I want him back so much...!“

 

You were crying heartbreakingly which made Nichkhun feel a bit uncomfortable. He felt bad...but he had to go through this now. He had to stay strong until the end...to tell you what was bothering him for so, so long.

 

„It's better this way.“, Nichkhun asured you. „Stay strong. You can't turn back time. You have to live on now. Life is hard and cruel...but enjoy those little, precious moments of happiness. This is how you can survive in this world.“ He grabbed one of your hands and squeezed it slightly. „It won't help you to cry everyday...keep your memories of Kyuhyun deep in your heart. There will be new memories as good as those, I promise.“

 

He smiled gently and warmed up your broken heart with it. It felt like he collected all the shattered pieces of your heart to fix it again. It was good to have him around. He was balm for your soul.

 

You nodded silently and for a while you two were sitting like this without talking until you were totally calm again and asked Nichkhun this one special question that was wandering around your head after a while.

 

„Doesn't it hurt you that Kyuhyun is with Victoria now?“, you asked Nichkhun while looking at the ground, scratching some stones with your shoes.

 

„No.“, he answered without bigger thinking about it.

 

„No?“, you asked him astonished. „I thought you love Victoria?“

 

Nichkhun chuckled, stood up and walked in front of you, looking at you and forcing you to look up at him as well.

 

„This is a long time ago.“, he explained it to you. „Do you remember, when I came to Thailand just to take care of you? I haven't been in love with Victoria since then. I came to Thailand because I was sure about it. Geez...you can't imagine how long I've been waiting for this moment to come. I'd never expected you and Kyuhyun would break up.“

 

He was smiling gently. You immediately had an idea about what he wanted to say to you...and you weren't sure if you liked it or not.

 

In the beginning I thought you and I, we could just be friends. You were like a little sister to me. My dear little sister...but when time flew by...I could not go on seeing you as a sister. I saw how you grew, like a flower...You came to Seoul and knew nothing and you grew and grew and became this strong, little woman who is now the most important person in my life. Victoria knew it. She saw it...and because she knew that if I had to decide, I would choose you, we broke up.“

 

Nichkhun cleared his throat and you saw how embarassed he was by the words he said then.

 

„I wanted to tell you that I fell in love with you when I came to see you in Thailand. My plan was to steal you...steal you from Kyuhyun...or at least tell you so I could sleep again at night time without thinking about what could happen if I told you how I feel. Unfortunatelly I just noticed how much you love Kyuhyun when I met you in Bangkok. I wasn't able to tell you about me feelings then...I didn't want to bother you. I decided to keep it my secret...even though it would destroy me. Therefore I tried to avoid contacting you...and then it happened. You two broke up. It felt like destiny to me.“

 

Nichkhun reached out his hand to you and he seemed very nervous for the very first time to you.

 

„Finally I can tell you...I love you. I have loved you for so long now...____, please be mine.“, he demanded. „Be my girlfriend.“

 

You looked up at him in disbelief.

 

„Are you kidding me?“, you asked him insecurely. You never felt like this before. Nichkhun's confession really kicked you out of your boots.

 

„No, I'm not. Let me be your boyfriend. The one that supports you at any time and keeps you save, no matter what. I know everything about you – even more than Kyuhyun did. I want to spend my days with you. I want to be the only person who makes you laugh, who makes you smile...and even who makes you cry. I repeat it again: ______, be my girlfriend.“