The unloved

Bad Business

How can that be?!“, Nichkhun was so shocked, he just looked at the sheet of paper in your hands and shook his head. „That's impossible...!“ He had fought so hard to get the two tickets for you...Yoshi didn't even know that today was your birthday until he met Nichkhun. How had he been able to get this performance invitation so quickly?

 

„I can't accept that!“, you said and looked up at Yoshi. „I don't...I am not...I ca-“

 

„No, no, no.“ Yoshi came towards you and placed his finger on your lips to make you shut your mouth. Nichkhun immediately grunted and took a warning step towards you two. „You will accept it. I made clear that you will stay on that stage next to Bird Tongchai. Just be thankful and enjoy this present, okay?“ Yoshi smiled gently – and for the first time you could take it seriously. He quickly took a step back – Nichkhun really made him fear this would end in a fight.

 

„Aish...“, you sighed but then nodded insecurely, not even noticing that the two guys were about to fight. „Then I'll accept it...“ Yoshi really made this gift to you. It was unbelievable...

 

„What is it?“, the other girls wanted to know. You were still speechless, so Nichkhun answered it to them in resignation.

 

„Our Ulzzang Baby will perform on stage in Thailand...next to Thailands' best known musician, Bird Tongchai.“

 

 

Nichkhun spent the rest of the night with lamenting, sitting alone in a corner and thinking about the gift he couldn't make to you, while everyone else was celebrating.

 

When he found himself sitting in his own room again in the late night, he sighed and starred at the tickets he had bought for you with so much effort.

He had to find another way to make a present to you that was even better than Yoshi's.

But what could he do...?

 

 

Yoshi told you that you had to meet with Bird Tongchai before you could perform with him – but he didn't tell you that you would meet him right on the next day.

 

„I don't want to meet him!“, you whined. „Not now!“

You felt like you were about to wet your pants because you were so excited.

 

„Just say hello, practice a bit and then go home again. Where's the problem?“, Yoshi asked you while frowning.

 

„I'm shy!“., you answered a bit peeved but then looked again at the big front door of the office you were heading for.

 

Yoshi kept quiet until you reached it. „Just tell them who you are, they will do the rest for you.“

 

Your mouth opened a bit in astonishment.

 

„You're not coming with me?“, you asked him.

 

„No, I'm not. I'm not your babysitter. You expected something else?“

 

Right, he wasn't Nichkhun who would have definetely accompanied you...

 

You were quite unsure how to react. It was his present for you to sing and dance on stage next to your childhood idol...but meeting and facing him alone? That was hard stuff.

 

„Yah!“, you shouted. „You can't just easily leave me alone!“

 

„Of course I can. You're an adult, you should be able to handle that all by yourself.“ He shook his head. „You're really immature!“

 

You silenced and looked at the floor. If it was like that...he wouldn't come to see you perform as well, right? He wasn't interested in you – in no way. The present had indicated a false impression to you. Yes, for a short time you had thought this guy was nice.

 

„Yoshi...you won't come to see my performance either, huh?“, you wanted to know and he quickly gave the answer you had expected.

 

„No, I'm not.“

 

Was he able to say something else than that? With a mixture of disappointment and anger you pouted. You would perform along with your childhood idol but who would see it? Who would? Your unnies had no time and Nichkhun had no tickets for the concert...Yoshi didn't want, so who was left? No one.

 

 

Nonetheless, Yoshi left you alone. You met Bird Tongchai shortly after entering the building and were able to talk to him before he showed you everything you neede to start practicing.

He was one of the nicest idols in Thailand you had met so far but you couldn't enjoy meeting him too much because you were thinking about the fact that no one could see and support you at the concert.

 

As it was about time to leave, you strutted out of the building, still thinking about the sad thing.

You bumped into someone and just realized that it was someone familiar to you.

 

„Huh? What are you doing here?“, you asked Nichkhun suprised.

 

„I didn't give you your birthday present yesterday, right? I guess it's time now.“, he smiled brightly and you simply couldn't do anything else than giving it back to him.

 

„You know I didn't expect a present from anyone, did you?“, you told him while chuckling.

 

„Yeah, sure. But I'm your best friend, it's my duty to give you one.“

 

There was no other reaction to be than shaking your head. Nichkhun laughed happily because he knew you wouldn't reject his offer to you.

 

„Okay, then show me what my birthday present is.“

 

 

Nichkhun led you to a playground that was about 10 minutes away from the office. He sat down on a bench and offered you to take place next to him but you started to act so excitedly that you weren't able to sit anymore. The sun was about to set what made dark shadows appear in Nichkhun's face which made him look even more serious.

 

„What is it?“, you wanted to know urgently.

 

„Well...I bought tickets for the concert before but this Yoshi...he stole my idea and even gave you something better. I know I can't keep up with that but I want to give you something that is near to it.“

 

He had bought tickets for you? You blinked at him and felt guilty because you accepted Yoshi's present. You could have said no and just gone to the concert with Nichkhun...

 

„I'm sorry for that...“, you apologized to Nichkhun who quickly shook his head.

 

„No, no, no! No apologize needed...! Just be happy about my new gift!“

 

He was still sitting but about to stand up again. His reaction made you laugh, so you held your hand in front of your mouth and nodded slightly.

 

„Okay, okay...“

 

Nichkhun took a deep breath and then told you what it was.

 

„I used the tickets to invite your parents to the concert.“

 

Silence.

 

„...“

 

„...“

 

Both of you were staring at each other without saying anything.

 

With slow, silent steps you walked towards Nichkhun.

 

„Khunnie...“ With your hands reaching out for him, you stopped in front of him and carressed his cheeks while you were smiling warmly at him.

 

Nichkhun looked up at you and saw something in your face he hadn't expected. It was sadness.

 

„Thank you very much. Thank you...really...really very much. I appreciate that a lot...but my parents won't come.“

 

His idea really touched you. Thinking back to this morning, you were even worried that nobody would come to watch you...but someone had cared. Nichkhun. And he invited your mother who was the reason that you wanted to meet Bird Tongchai. But it was the truth...your mother would never come here just to see you perform.

 

„Why do you think that?“, Nichkhun asked you irritated.

 

„Well...say it like this: She would never spend so much money on a flight and hotel to see me perform just at one night.“ You shrugged with your shoulders. „That's simply it.“

 

„Then I will buy the flight tickets as well...and I pay the hotel!“, Nichkhun decided and now stood up.

 

„What? No! Don't!“, you told him in shock. „I don't want you to pay so much money for that!“

 

„I don't care! It's a present! You accepted Yoshi's – I want you to accept mine!“

 

You were still arguing about it for about half an hour until you resigned and agreed to it.

 

Nichkhun felt better after that and you could see how proud he was just because he was able to carry his point. And even though you were unsure about your parents coming to watch you...you had this strong wish and the hope that they would.

 

 

Who would have thought that the first concert in Thailand you would sing on wouldn't be the SNSD concert? You would have called the person insane that had tried to tell you that. And now? Now you were sitting in the hotel room, waiting for the driver to arrive and fetch you.

 

You were sitting next to Nichkhun who had his notebook on his lap and started to search through his email entrance. Your parents didn't react on his emails and invitations. Nichkhun had even sent the flight tickets – but no response. With every minute that passed you felt less and less happy...

 

„Call them!“, Nichkhun told you and threw your cell after you. You could catch it but nearly dropped it on the floor.

 

„Yah! Don't do that again!“, you shouted angrily but then looked silenced at the display.

 

„You're waiting since day 1...call them.“, Sooyoung told you and sighed. „I can't see the Baby Girl being sad like tis...“

 

You gulped but then tipped in the number of your mother and waited until she answered the phone.

 

„Hello?“, you heard her voice.

 

„Ugh...I mean...Hey, it's me....______.“

 

Your mother didn't say anything like she waited for you to go on.

 

„I...I wanted to know if you received the invitation to my -“

 

„Yeah, yeah.“, she cut you off , „I can't come. I have to work. Sorry, darling, we'll talk another time.“

 

And then she hung up.

 

You closed the phone and let it sink at your lap slowly. You were quiet and just looked at the black display.

 

„Yeah...like I thought.“

 

She didn't even congratulated you though your birthday was one week before...but what did you expect? Seriously?

 

„They're not coming?“, Nichkhun asked you and furrowed his eyebrows. What cruel parents...

 

„No...“, you whispered and then stood up. „Let's go! I have to stay on that stage and perform...!“

Maybe fake motivation could cheer you a little bit.

 

Nichkhun stood up as well and then grabbed your hand to squeeze it slightly.

 

„If your parents won't come, I'll do. I'll be your supporter number 1.“

 

Sooyoung and Yoona looked at him in surprise.

 

„You're going? That means...you have one ticket left!“, Sooyoung said.

 

„I want to come with you!“, Yoona said.

 

„Yah! I was first!“, Sooyoung interrupted her.

 

 

The person that came with Nichkhun to support you was none of the girls...it was Yoshi. Nichkhun couldn't decide between the girls. Therefor he called Yoshi and threatened him to accompany him otherwise he would have kicked his .

 

„I'm here for just one single song...? Are you kidding me?“, Yoshi complained but Nichkhun simply ignored him.

 

He had brought a video camera, he installed before the show began.

 

„What's that for?“, Yoshi wanted to know.

 

„That's for my best friend. She wanted her parents to see her...it had always been her dream to impress her mother. If her mother won't come here, I'll bring the stage home to her.“, your best friend explained and smiled.

 

Yoshi couldn't tell what exactly it was, but when he looked at Nichkhun while he was talking like that about you, he felt like there was something in his eyes. Something that made him feel awkward.

Awkward and even a bit jealous.

 

„You're crazy...“, he muttered and heard Nichkhun laughing before the show started and the music began to play.