The thing about true love

Bad Business

"So when are you going to marry?", Hyoyeon asked you.

 

New Generation was preparing for their next MV shot and the girls were very excited about your engagement with Nichkhun.

 

"I don't know.", you answered. "But we decided on making our engagement public after the 2 PM comeback. That would be better. And all the stuff is just bothering extra."

 

Of course Nichkhun and you had started hanging out together even more. You had tried to be very cautious but some reporters had been stubborn and made it to take some pictures of you two. Again there were rumors. Again there were scandals. And again there was a reaction from JYP and SM.

 

JYP and SM had decided on letting you appear on stage as a couple very often - just as friends of course - to prove that the rumors were false. So there were also couple appearances of you and Siwon and other artists. And even Sangbum would become part of the new New Generation MV. It was a miracle that he agreed to it. You two had become friends again, nevertheless Sangbum avoided to work with you too much of course.

 

"Was that Nichkhun's idea or just yours?", Sooyoung wanted to know and looked at you with a scolding glance. The girls had already figured out that Nichkhun and you used to argue a lot about different stuff.

 

"It was our decision.", you informed her and laughed.

 

"I see...then it's fine. It's good that you finally found the one person for you. I hope I'm getting married soon, too.", Sooyoung laughed and ruffled through your hair.

 

Instead of sulking about her ruining your hair, you just shrugged and smiled.

 

"Khunnie is a good person...I'm looking forward to marry him. He's very mature and responsible."

 

 

 

The hell is this?“

 

Sungmin was checking the Super Junior mailbox and found something really strange in it. It was a postcard. A simple white postcard with a pink heart on it.

 

„Since when are they sending fanmail to us directly?“, he wondered and took it with him inside.

 

Kyuhyun, Siwon and Kangin were sitting in the living room, watching TV and discussing about something. Sungmin just caught some bits of the conversation.

 

„Yah. We got some quite strange postcard.“, Sungmin informed the others.

 

„Seems like No. 2 is going to marry the Ulzzang Baby. What are you going to do now, Mr. Super man?“, he read it out loud. „What does that mean?“

 

Kyuhyun froze immediately. No 2...that's how Kyuhyun had called Nichkhun when he saw you two together as a couple months ago.

 

„Ulzzang Baby? Isn't that ____-ah? And who's No 2? Who is she going to marry?“, Sungmin wanted to know. He sounded very upset. “It's not Sangbum, they broke up a while ago!”

 

„That's impossible!“, Kyuhyun blurted out and ripped the postcard off of Sungmin's hands. The letter was written very neatly. Just like an invitation to a wedding.

 

“Is she freaking kidding me?! I told her to be with someone who's good to her! Someone like Lee Minho or Kim Sangbum! And who does she pick? This brag of a Thai guy! ing Thai Nichkhun!”, Kyuhyun barked angrily.

 

“Nichkhun? ____-ah is marrying Nichkhun?”, Siwon asked in disbelief. “That can't be.”

 

“Sending a postcard like this can't be...seriously, how immature is that?”, Kangin asked and picked up the card Kyuhyun had thrown on the small table in front of the couch.

 

Meanwhile Kyuhyun was losing all his calmness to his furious temper. He tried to breath but his chest felt like it tightened. It felt like his body wanted to kill him. After this long time he was still jealous. How was that possible? It was none of his business. He was the one who broke up back then. And he had a girlfriend now. He was happily together with Victoria. The girl Nichkhun had left because he had fallen for Kyuhyun's former girlfriend.

Holy crap, this guy had some guts! First he broke off with one of Kyuhyun's best friends, then he took away his girl and in the ended Kyuhyun was the one ending with Nichkhun's ex?! The heck? It was like he was standing behind Nichkhun in everything! Getting his ex like a used can of coke. And then losing you to this jerk. How frustrating was that?!

 

“Fine!“, he finally said. “How great for her!“

 

Kyuhyun crossed his arms and buried himself into the couch, straightly watching at the TV where the MC was announcing who would perform next.

 

“Let's all welcome our Thai sweethearts~!”

 

Ironically Nichkhun's voice immediately came out of the television.

 

♫♪Do you hear me? I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky oh my, baby I'm trying ♫♪

 

Sungmin saw Kyuhyun scowling at Nichkhun. He was even worried that Kyuhyun would throw the remote control after him. Poor television...

 

♫♪Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard ♫♪

 

Both of the guys came nearer to the television when they heard your voice singing those lines and Kyuhyun's mouth dropped open when he saw you standing next to Nichkhun, smiling happily while singing.

Both of you were holding hands and singing the next lines together.

 

♫♪Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again ♫♪

 

“Great!“, Kyuhyun huffed. “Great! Really great! You two have found each other, huh? You two best friends – lucky in love! You are matching perfectly! With your perfect agencies and your perfect managed couple performances! Perfect, huh?! Perfect that everyone supports your so very perfect relationship!!! Go and find even more shippers! I'm out!“

 

Kyuhyun got up and wanted to rush upstairs when his smartphone was suddenly starting to ring.

 

SNSD Tiffany

 

“What the...?“

 

Kyuhyun answered the call but did not have to say a single word. Tiffany was the first speaking.

 

“Already heard about the wedding news?”

 

 

Let's confirm it today!”

 

Nichkhun had grabbed your hands and beamed at you.

 

“W-What?!”, you asked irritatedly.

 

“Today is the best chance to do it. If we confirm during our stage performance no one can stop us – no JYP and no SM. If you declare it without the permission of the agency you get into trouble of course but they still can't change what you're up to then!”

 

“I'm not sure if I can do that so easily, Khun...”, you told him but he didn't listen.

 

“Put on your engagement ring. We'll do it tonight!”

 

To destroy all of the doubts regarding Nichkhun, Tiffany and you, SM and JYP had agreed on a stage for all of the three of you. You would perform Lee Hyori's “Going crazy.”. While you would sing, Nichkhun would be the male appearance next to you and Tiffany would take the speaking part in the middle of the song. This was all a surprise stage but making it that of a surprise? Declaring that you two got engaged? Seriously?

 

You sighed and put out the little box in which you kept the ring whenever you had to go on stage. Of course there was no way to wear it during a performance. This would have been insane.

 

Five minutes before the performance would start you were still sitting in front of the box, the ring on your finger, observing it and thinking if you should really do as Nichkhun had wished for.

 

 

Hey Khunnie...”

 

Nichkhun was getting ready for the performance when Tiffany all of a sudden entered his dressing room.

 

“Fany-yah...! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you prepare yourself?”, the young Thai singer asked her perplexed.

 

“I do. That's why I'm here.”, she explained and smiled.

 

“You know...I've never been unfair to you, have I? I've never asked your for compensation for how you treated me during our relationship...have I?”

 

Nichkhun looked at her with a bare face.

 

“What is it you want now, Tiff? You're behaving awkward right now...why are you like this?”

 

“I'm sorry to tell you...”, she said and sighed before she slowly moved towards the door. “But you can't perform tonight.”

 

“What do you mean?”, Nichkhun asked and even raised his voice a bit. Tiffany hurried out of his room, slamming the door close and quickly lock it. Nichkhun was angrily hammering against the door.

 

What the hell are you doing, Tiffany?! Open the goddamn door!”

 

 

Two minutes before the performance started Tiffany crossed your way.

 

“You're ready?”, she asked with a bright smile which in fact irritated you a lot.

 

“S-Sure.”

 

The staff led you to the pitch black stage's center, Nichkhun joining you a few seconds later.

 

“Let's confirm it tonight...”, you told him but he didn't answer.

 

When the performance started and you began to sing, Nichkhun and you were standing back to back.

 

♫♪ Typical story, typical song about a man leaving and a girl crying
I promised that I’d never sing about that ♫♪

 

When you started singing the next verse, he moved slowly around you, placing his shaky hand on your stomach. Was he nervous? During the rehearsals he was very confident in his doings...but now he was shaking?

 

♫♪But why am I crying over a guy right now?
I’m such a pitiful loser, someone please stop me♫♪

 

As you sung the last word of the verse, Nichkhun turned you around and who you saw was definitely not Nichkhun.

 

 

KYUHYUN?!”

 

Nichkhun was watching the beginning of the show on the screen which was placed in his dressing room, feeling scared the most of all. Tiffany really got Kyuhyun to appear here on stage just to take revenge on Nichkhun for dumping her.

 

ARGH! TIFFANY!!!”

 

Whereas Nichkhun had already called his manager to get him out of the locked room, he couldn't wait any longer. Tiffany was about to destroy his engagement and the last thing he wanted to happen was a canceled marriage.

 

AAAAARG!” With all the might he could bring up, Nichkhun ran against the door and smashed it open.

 

 

♫♪I am going crazy because of you
So crazy, what to do baby?
At this rate, I am going to be screwed up
Crazy, but I didn’t know when you were by my side, baby
At this rate, I think I will wither up and die ♫♪

 

Tiffany was getting ready for her short appearance, triumphing already in her mind and celebrating the upcoming break up. She knew how love looked like. And she knew that a bond like Kyuhyun and you had wasn't that easy to break off just by having new lovers. And since Kyuhyun had been so easy to convince to follow her plans, she was more than sure her plan would work out.

 

TIFFANY!”

 

As she heard the angry voice calling her name, panic paralyzed Tiffany's whole body.

 

“H-How did you...?!”, she asked in shock.

 

“Stop this performance! NOW!

 

Nichkhun wanted to walk out of the installed balcony on which Tiffany would perform soon.

 

HOLD ON! STOP!”, Tiffany screamed and jumped onto Nichkhun's back. “HELP!”

 

The staff was there immediately, holding Nichkhun back.

 

“What the heck is happening here?!”, the SNSD manager yelled when he saw Tiffany and Nichkhun fighting. “What is Cho Kyuhyun doing out there?! AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?!”

 

When Nichkhun's manager arrived, the SNSD manager forced him to get Nichkhun out of he stage and then directed the word on Tiffany.

 

“You'll explain this mess later to me! I don't know what this god damn couple is doing together out there again but I'm quite sure that you're not innocent in this!”

 

He pushed Tiffany out to take her position on the balcony. She was still captured in confusion and her voice sounded breathless and strained.

 

♫♪ Oh my, ____-ah, why do you like that guy so much?
Is he that great? Let me see him, let me
Oh my, oh my, it’s a hallelujah ♫♪

 

Kyuhyun was barely able to do any of the dance steps Nichkhun had learned with you, he was instead acting on stage, making this performance become a parody. And when Tiffany's voice was starting to boom through the air you were happy to have a minute to sort out some thoughts.

 

Kyuhyun was looking at you with his deep, dark eyes. Still you couldn't tell what he was doing here on stage. You didn't even know if Kyuhyun himself knew what he was doing here. You just could stand still when Kyuhyun was holding your hand, his fingers touching your engagement ring and how they let it slip of your finger and make the ring disappear in his pockets.

 

 

The performance became a mess but somehow the audience was thinking this was nothing else than a parody.

 

Back at the backstage area you couldn't stop yourself from shouting at Kyuhyun.

 

What the heck was that?!”

 

Kyuhyun ignored your words and just moved on, having you following him.

 

CHO KYUHYUN! What the hell did you do out there?!”

 

I don't know!”, he suddenly huffed back, stopped and turned around.

 

“I don't know why I'm here and what I just did out there! I don't know what is driving me nuts so much right now...!”, he explained – more shouting than normally speaking. He was so confused and desperate that he knew no other way to express his feelings than in shouting angrily.

 

„But this ring...“, Kyuhyun spoke a bit calmer and took out the ring he had taken off your finger on stage a few minutes ago. „It hurts seeing it.“

 

“...“, you were surprised by his words, unable to reply anything.

 

“Can you remember...when I asked you to marry me?“ Kyuhyun went on speaking and you knew that he did not know himself what he was about to say now. He was just speaking out loud what crossed his mind in that second. “Why did you reject me but decided on marrying someone like Nichkhun? Why?”

 

“...” Still you were unable to answer.

 

“I can't tell why I'm here...I can't tell why I'm doing this...but seeing you marrying the wrong man is nothing I will allow to happen.”

 

“The wrong man?! You serious?! Nichkhun is not right for me?! He's the only one who's never hurt me in any way ever! If it's not him then who the hell is the right one you would allow me to marry, Kyuhyun?! Who is it then?!”, you shouted back at him, now being seriously angry.

 

“ME!”

 

Silence. It was as time had stopped. You could hear your own heart's beating slowing down radically. It became a smashing booming in your ears, a heat around you two. You felt like sticking in a glass of glue, your whole body stiff and frozen but feeling unnaturally heated up.

Kyuhyun and you were looking at each other motionless. The only sound you were still able to hear was the pounding of your heart. Or was it even his?

 

Kyuhyun didn't speak...he was waiting for you to react first. And so you did once the numbness was slowly starting to fade away.

 

“But...but...what's with Victoria...?”

 

“I don't care about her! Do you really think I love her the same way I love you? All the time I thought I could finally get over you. But no matter how hard I tried...no matter I still try...I can't stop regretting. I cant stop regretting the biggest mistake I've ever made in my entire life...to let you go.” Kyuhyun quickly looked away and laughed uneasily. There were tears running down his face which he quickly wiped away.

 

„How embarrassing...I didn't cry for a very long time.“

 

He turned to you again and breathed in some air, his face slowly turning red because of the suppressed tears he was still fighting with.

 

“Forget about what I just said.”, he then decided to say and handed you back the ring. “...congratulation...and good luck.”

 

You wanted to say something. Anything. But nothing came out of your mouth.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, took a deep breath and turned around to move away, but you stopped him by grabbing his sleeve.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

“Don't force me to say it.”, he said bitterly.

 

“Say what?”, you wanted to know but Kyuhyun was not turning around to you.

 

„That I love you. And that I always will love the one chosen for me...but unfortunately it seems I'm not the one chosen for you. I regret I let you go because of that stupid TV program...but back then I didn't know better.“

 

When Kyuhyun freed his arm of your grip and left all and for once, you wanted to follow him but suddenly the SNSD manager appeared in front of you, having grabbed Tiffany and dragging her all the way along to you.

 

You two are in some deep , ladies!”