I don't love you

Bad Business

When Nichkhun brought you back to the dormitory you had stopped crying but your unnies didn't know if they liked your latest facial expression or not. You seemed shocked. And you weren't talking anymore.

 

Nichkhun waved at your unnies and then bid farewell.

 

„I don't know what he did to her...she seems to be...a bit better now but still...not good at all.“, Sooyoung whispered worriedly towards Yoona.

 

„I know...“, Yoona responsed and shrugged. „Let's ask her what happened later.“

 

When you all got to bed – except for Taeyeon who would be out very late since she had to work on different new OSTs – Sooyoung and Yoona tried to get to know what Nichkhun had done.

 

„So...Nichkhun cheered you up again?“, Sooyoung carefully started a conversation.

 

„Kind of...“, you answered.

 

„Kind of? So what happened? Seriously, you seem a bit odd right now.“, Yoona just brought up the topic.

 

„...“

 

You were lying in your bed, looking at the ceiling and sighed.

 

„How can I keep one of my best friends when he has fallen for me?“, you thought aloud and sighed again.

 

Sooyoung and Yoona immediately got up from their beds.

 

„What?!“, they shouted in a choir.

 

„So you mean Nichkhun confessed to you?!“, Yoona asked.

 

„...yeah.“, you answered while still looking a the ceiling, not moving at all.

 

„That's great!“, Sooyoung exclaimed and made you turn around your head.

 

„Great?“, you asked a bit shocked by her excitement.

 

„Sure! I mean: It's been two months already when Kyuhyun and you broke up. You had been a wreck for so long now and Nichkhun is the best way to make you happy again, don't you think so?“, Sooyoung tried to explain her exclamation. „Did you answer to him?“

 

„No... not yet. But I had thought about telling him that I can't be with him since he is one of my best friends.“

 

„Nonsense.“, Sooyoung cut in again. „Friendship is already over since he confessed to you. Believe me when I say that once one of you confessed you can't get back to be friends again. Best example is you and Sungmin. Did you hang out like before ever again since he confessed to you?“

 

You slowly shook your head and now worried about your friendship with Nichkhun. So it ment that there was no way to keep Nichkhun around you except for trying to be his girlfriend?

 

„Think positive. Maybe it's good that you have the opportunity to get rid of Kyuhyun in your head. You never thought of Nichkhun as a possible boyfriend...try to see and accept him like it. Maybe he's even better than Kyuhyun.“, Sooyoung told you.

 

If you thought about it like that now...she was right. You did never give Nichkhun the chance to show you he could be a dateable guy for you...

 

 

Another week passed until Nichkhun contacted you again.

After three days you had started worrying if Nichkhun wasn't curious for an answer.

You even got angry because it seemed he had changed his attitude and became ignorant now after setting a fire in your head you weren't able to defeat on your own.

When Nichkhun called you after this one week of frustrating waiting, you were extremely excited and happy.

 

Nichkhun didn't want an answer yet. He just wanted to know how you were doing and if the Kyuhyun thing was still bothering you.

 

It wasn't. The thing which was bothering you at the moment was Nichkhun! What else did he expect?!

 

After you were done talking to him at the phone, you were looking at the ground for a whole minute with pure emptiness in your head following.

Emptiness which disappeared when Nichkhun rushed into your mind again. Your facial expression immediately changed into grumpy.

 

Kim Bum found you in this state of anger when he just wanted to get you back to the filming set.

 

„...____-ah? Are you alright?“, he asked you carefully. „Break's already over...“

 

You looked up again – puzzled – and glanced at Kim Bum.

 

„Oh...sorry...“, you apologized silently.

 

Kim Bum glanced back for a second, sighed and shook his head.

 

„Somehow you're really a mystery to me. You told me that you're not dating anyone but still you have that expression on your face...“

 

„Which expression?!“, you asked him a bit upset.

 

„That expression girls have on when they have a crush on someone and are angry that this guy is not replying or understanding their feelings. The mixture of sorrow and anger. This expression.“, he said and went back to the others without saying another word.

 

You silently watched him leaving and thought about his words.

 

„As if I had a crush on someone...“

 

After filming you immediately called Nichkhun. You couldn't wait to call him and your impatience ruined the whole recording today.

 

„Hey Khunnie, let's talk about what you told me last week.“, you said and had already made up your mind. You would definitely tell him that you two would never be more than just friends.

 

 

Both of you decided to meet up at a playground nearby the SNSD dormitory at night time so nobody would see you together.

 

When you arrived, Nichkhun hadn't been there yet. You sat down on a bench and impatiently scratched the stones under your shoes from the left to the right and back again. You were about to suffer a heart attack because you got more and more nervous the longer Nichkhun took.

 

Somehow Kim Bum's and Sooyoung's words were replaying over and over in your head.

 

...That expression girls have on when they have a crush on someone...

 

... You never thought of Nichkhun as a possible boyfriend...try to see and accept him like it...

 

„Nonsense...“, you told yourself and shook your head when suddenly Nichkhun arrived at the playground.

 

„You're talking to yourself again?“, he asked you and grinned.

 

„I'm not talking to myself!“, you denied and pouted.

 

„Of course you did. You're always talking to yourself when something is bothering you.“, Nichkhun said, sat down next to you and smirked amusedly.

„Or whenever you think about past conversations...then your reciting the whole conversation aloud without even noticing.“

 

Your eyes widened when you heard Nichkhun talking about some facts like that about you which nobody else knew...except for yourself of course.

 

„So...you made up your mind?“, Nichkhun went on and still smiled towards you.

 

His smile gave you the chills. A cold shiver was running down your back while his smile was warming you up from the inside.

You saw him in another light for the very first time. Sooyoung was right...you just never gave Nichkhun the chance to prove he could be the one for you. Now that you were thinking about it, it didn't seem that impossible anymore.

 

„...yes...“, you answered insecurely.

 

„Doesn't sound like it.“, Nichkhun argued and chuckled nervously as well.

 

„I did...“, you contradicted and looked away. „I think...we should...“

 

You looked at him, the mouth already opened to say something...

Nichkhun just looked back at you, still smiling, his eyes warm and charming directed towards you.

Your heart skipped a beat. A really violent one, as if it wanted to force you to give him a chance.

Ant then...

 

„...try it.“

 

After saying this, you felt Nichkhun's hand grabbing your shoulder and pulling you over to him.

With his left free hand, he softly grabbed your chin and turned your face arount into his direction.

His smile got even brighter and brighter.

 

„And now say it again while looking into my face.“, he demanded with a sweet, shining glim in his eyes.

 

You gulped exhaustedly but granted his wish. „...I think...we should try it...“

 

Nichkhun showed you his brightest smile and kissed you on your forehead.

 

Your heart was rushing and heat was overwhelming and colouring your face in a dark red.

 

„You're so cute!“, Nichkhun said when he noticed you turning red and pinched your cheeks. „And I'm so happy~!“

 

He chuckled lovely which made you seriously smile.

 

 

Dating Nichkhun ment that there were no differences between before and after. He hung out at the SME building as often as he did before you had to go to Thailand.

He didn't even mean to rush and go head over heels for couple stuff. Until now he did not even try to kiss you once since he knew that you had still some trouble because of the break-up with Kyuhyun.

There was just one single thing which hat changed – your own behaviour.

 

You were overly cautious about being seen together with Nichkhun. Not even all of your unnies knew that you had started dating Nichkhun.You were still burdened by the experience of your relationship with Kyuhyun being caught, so you kept it your little secret.

Sometimes it was a really stupid behaviour of you because before you started dating, Nichkhun already visited you very, very often.

 

 

„Hurry up!“, you told Nichkhun and hurried out of the SNSD training room.

 

„Why so fast-paced?“, Nichkhun asked. In contrast to you he seemed to be super relaxed.

 

„Just because!“

 

It was obvious how displeased Nichkhun was about your short explanation but there was no help, he had to do whatever you wished for.

 

You walked quickly in front of Nichkhun, who was following you sighing when suddenly something crossed your mind.

 

„Oh damnit...I forgot my keys in the training room!“ You stopped, looked at Nichkhun who just shrugged, and then hurried back into the room while Nichkhun was waiting outside.

 

He was leaning against one of the walls and looked through the hallway when suddenly someone crossed his view. It was Kyuhyun, just coming out of the Super Junior training room. He was alone and after closing the door, he realized that he wasn't alone at the floor. His eyes met Nichkhun's but Nichkhun quickly looked towards the opened SNSD training room door, pretending not to have noticed Kyuhyun at all, and started shouting.

 

„Honey, hurry up. You really don't need to worry about us being caught together...It's no big deal that we're a couple now.“, he said loudly in perfect korean, pushed his body away from the wall and walked into the training room, so Kyuhyun could not see him starting to grin.

Nichkhun did nothing less than making sure that Kyuhyun knew how Nichkhun's positing had changed during the past months and how he had passed Kyuhyun in your personal ranking.

 

„Huh?“, you looked puzzled at Nichkhun. „Again this topic? And since when are you talking korean to me?“

 

You only got a chuckle and a shrug as an answer but just shook your head and left the room together with him.

The floor was already empty again, therefore you didn't even realize to whom Nichkhun's words were originally dedicated to.

 

„Let's go to some special place today.“, Nichkhun suggested suddenly.

 

With a nod you agreed with him. „Where are you planning to go?“, you asked him.

 

„You'll see.“

 

 

The place Nichkhun wanted you to show was the coffeeshop in which you met the very first time.

 

„Ahhh...I remember this place.“, you said and smiled.

 

„I hoped so. Since we met here I use to visit this place whenever I have some free time to.“

 

„And you wanted to visit this place together with me again today?“

 

„Yupp. I wanted to give something special to you today, that's why.“, he explained and chose a place to sit and hang out.

 

Something special? Your eyes widened immediately and your body froze. Somehow you did not like Nichkhun's suprises...last time he confessed to you which made you get into a really uncomfortable situation.

 

Nichkhun noticed it when he sat down and you were still standing. He started laughing and pulled you down, to the chair next to him.

 

„Don't look like that, it's not as if I'm forcing you to wear couple rings or stuff...well...at least not exactly.“

 

You just gulped and looked with rounded eyes at Nichkhun, who just went on talking.

 

„I can remember when our agencies decided to spread rumors about us...what would they say if they knew we became a real couple now?“, he said and chuckled.

You didn't response anything which made Nichkhun quickly stop chuckling.

 

„Well...I think I'll get us something to drink.“

 

He looked for his wallet and grabbed his cell phone first. It was blinking but Nichkhun simply ignored it.

 

„You got a message.“, you told him.

 

„So what?“, he asked and finally got his wallet. „You're more interesting than a little message.“

 

„You should look up the message. Who knows, maybe it's your manager.“, you told him strictly.

 

Nichkhun smiled and looked up the message.

 

„It's Taecyeon. He asks if we want to hang out together with him and Yoona.“, he informed you and handed you his cell.

 

„Huh?“, you took it but obviously were confused.

 

„Answer him whatever you want. I'll get us some coffee now.“

 

And gone, he was.

 

You looked at the screen and wanted to start tiping when suddenly a new information popped up at it.

 

Kyuhyun wrote:

'Hands off, No. 2!!!'

 

When you saw the message, you had to look twice at the screen. Your chest tightened and you felt like you were about to suffocate.

 

Quickly you laid the cell back at Nichkhun's place and looked away. You didn't want to read Kyuhyun's name again. But somehow...

 

Hands off...

 

It ment that Kyuhyun knew about you and Nichkhun. And it ment that he didn't like it. So he was jealous? Seriously?

A spark of hope lightened up in your heart.

 

You wanted to check the screen again to make sure you did not only imagine those words but Nichkhun was back too soon.

 

„What did you answer to Taecyeon?“, he wanted to know.

 

„Uhm...“, you hesitated and uneasly moved from one edge of your chair to the other. „I didn't answer. “

 

„Why?“, Nichkhun wanted to know.

 

„I...just...didn't feel like it...“

 

You got a frown for this answer.

 

„Then I'll answer him later.“, Nichkhun said and took a sip of his coffee.

 

Silence covered both of you. Nichkhun was drinking his coffee while you were just holding the cup, not knowing what to do or say because your mind was fuzzy and filled up with thoughts of Kyuhyun.

You two kept silent until Nichkhun took something out of his pockets.

 

„About what I wanted to give to you...“ He grabbed one of your hands and put something onto your wrist. It was a shining black wristband with sparklings stones in it.

 

„Couple rings are a bit...over the top. But I like the imagination of you having something with you which reminds you of me at anytime.“

 

You gulped and looked at Nichkhun's hands which were still holding yours.

 

Kyuhyun's voice screamed through your head.

 

'Hands off, No. 2!!!'

 

Stop!, you nearly shouted it.

 

Nichkhun winced back and looked irritatedly at you.

 

„W-What's wrong?“

 

„I can't take this! I'm sorry!“ You put the wristband off in a hurry and handed it back to Nichkhun before you rushed out of the coffeeshop.

 

Nichkhun jumped up and wanted to follow you but he let you take your leave because he knew everything else would just worsen the situation...even though he did not understand what was wrong with you.

 

„Gee...was the wristband too much?“

 

With a short sigh Nichkhun grabbed his cell to write Taecyeon that the idea of meeting all together wasn't that good at the moment, when he finally saw the reason of your strange behaviour.

 

Kyuhyun.