A part of SNSD

Bad Business

There was no help. This jerk Kyuhyun had made you feel that bad that you were looking for the restrooms. It wasn't that difficult to find them and there you were able to refresh yourself at least a bit so you wouldn't enter and face the managers looking and smelling like a run-away goat.

 

The difficulty came up when you went out of the restroom again. Where did you have to go now? The receptionist hadn't told you before, had he?

You were sure he didn't!

 

For another two minutes you were just standing there, thinking intensly about if you should go downstairs again, asking the guy another time and being held as a unorganized, childlike woman who couldn't live on her own at all or you would just look for the room all by yourself.

 

„Hmmm...“

 

There were a lot of doors. Lots and lots of doors. Lots and lots of opportunities to embarass yourself... difficult decision.

 

As if it would help and change something of your current dilemma, you went on your knees, folding your hands together and started praying out loud (whereas you had never been religious...).

 

„Hello there? Somewhere upstairs? Can you hear me? I need to find the room I have to go now...if you're existing by any chance, can you give me a helping sign?“

 

And all of a sudden the door on the opposite side of the floor was opened, a man facing your really weird action.

 

„...“

 

„...“

 

You were frozen, your eyes big rounded, your mouth forming a diagonal that was about to drop out of your face.

 

„You are...?“, the male SM worker asked you and frowned, not sure what to say about your behaviour.

 

„Uhm...I'm a new...trainee. I have to meet up with some people here but I don't know where to go...“ You quickly took the letter out of your bag and handed it to the man. He read through it and nodded slightly.

 

„You have to go to conference room number 5, it's written there.“, he told you and pointed at a number that was – very big – written in the letter.

 

Daaaaaaaamn it!, you thought, hitting yourself in your mind for your own stupidity. It was written there....how could you not notice it before?

 

You were sure that this guy must have thought that you were utterly stupid. Hopefully you would not meet him too quickly again.

 

„Aaaaahhh...yes. Thank you very much!“, you said in very polite korean, bowed, took the letter back and walked quickly away.

 

„It's the other direction!“, the guy shouted after you and you made a very, very quick turn, marching back, avoiding to face the guy while passing him, and then reached the conference room no 5.

 

Was it just imagination or was that guy chuckling? GEEZ!

 

 

After knocking at the door, you entered the room and bowed. There were already four men sitting at a round table, inviting you to take seat next to them.

 

„You're very welcome.“, the man sitting on the opposite side of you said and nodded slightly, reading through a document that was in front of him.

 

„You took a while even though the receptionist had called us before when you arrived.“, the one on your right side said and faced you with a very serious expression.

 

You were clearing your throat uneasily. „Yes...I'm sorry about that...I went to the restrooms...haha...ha...“

 

The temperature in this room was really high, wasn't it? You felt like you were sweating a lot, your hands where cold but wet, your throat and mouth completely dried out.

 

Best first impression, ____, good job...

 

„We won't take long, you just have to sign the contract, the rest will be explained to you by your manager later.“, your opponent went on, the others nodding in silence. „We already sent you a copy of the contract, so you should be aware of everything that is written in there.“

 

You gulped and nodded. Of course you had known the contract by now. It was a 10-years contract, counting from the first day of your debute. The contract including all rights about decisions of plastic surgery, stage performances etc.

 

To be honest it sounded nothing else like a contract to become a puppet. A SM entertainment toy.

But you were willing to sign it no matter what. It was a slavery contract but to you it was the most important thing on earth.

 

The guy to your left handed the contract and a biro over to you. Without hesitation you signed the paper, the men appreciating your quick cooperation when you gave it back.

 

„Fine. Then you're dismissed.“

 

Everyone got up from their seats and bowed slightly.

 

The guy to your left stayed with you while the other three men left the room.

 

„Hello, I'm the manager of the group you'll join.“, he introduced himself. „Usually it's not common but you will join a group that is already existing for a while.“

 

Your heart stopped beating. A group that already existed for a while? That ment you would join either SNSD or f(x)?

 

Your mouth dropped open making the manager laugh a bit.

 

„Nice to meet you, I'm SNSD's manager and I can assure you your life will be really hard from this point on.“

 

Even though saying something like that, he was smiling brightly.

 

Somehow you felt like you had just jumped into a boat not knowing if it was directed to heaven or hell.