Take care of my Baby

Bad Business

It was dark inside of the SuJu dormitory. Of course it was. Everyone was at their family's houses right now....except for Sungmin. The farewell of you was a slight and cool one. It was not what Sungmin had hoped for. He was a bit disappointed about himself.

 

With a short sigh he the light.

 

„Well you're home already?“

 

Sungmin jumped a step back, nearly out of the door again when he heard Leeteuk's voice and saw him sitting on the floor, waiting for his dongsaeng to arrive back home. Sungmin just glanced back at him in irritation.

 

„God damnit, you scared the heck out of me, hyung!What are you doing here?“, Sungmin sighed in relief and stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

 

„Taeyeon-ah told me about your little act in the SNSD dormitory last week and how you forced ___ to go on a date with you...what do you expect of it?“, he wanted to know.

 

„What I expect?...Why do you want to know?“

 

Leeteuk looked down at the floor before he looked up again and sighed.

 

„I want to know because you're after my girl.“

 

After his girl?! Sungmin's eyes widened. He couldn't help but chuckle bitterly about it.

 

„Don't tell me you like _____-ah as well?!“

 

Leeteuk stood up and slowly walked towards Sungmin. He stopped in front of him and shook his head - his eyes full of sadness.

 

„It's not just that I like her...I think I have to tell you something.“

 

 

Leeteuk informed Sungmin about your former relationship and why you weren't a couple anymore.

Sungmin listened patiently but shocked. His heart broke step by step with every single word Leeteuk told him. You had loved Leeteuk all the time Sungmin had thought he had a chance to make you like him. Everything was false...everything a misunderstanding...everything hurt.

 

„You have to know...from the first day I met ______...I knew she was meant to be with Kyuhyun. I don't know why...but when you see them together – doesn't matter if they are fighting or not – it's like they are heaven's match for each other.“, Leeteuk explained wisely. His chest burned. It was like his heart was ripped out of it. “I didn't accept it myself until Taeyeon asked me why you were freaking out like this. I thought about myself and the right I have to accuse Kyuhyun of anything. In fact I don't have any right to tell him what to do and what not. I'm not ____'s boyfriend anymore and I'm not Kyuhyun's father. We have to support each other...so I apologised to Kyuhyun once I figured out that I was acting like a little, spoiled kid.”

 

Sungmin listened patiently to Leeteuk. He thought about his hyung's words. Kyuhyun and you were meant to be together?

 

„I refuse. I won't accept that.“, he said stubbornly. “And even if I act like a spoiled kid...I do like ____ and I don' think Kyuhyun is the type of man to make her happy! You know him, I know him even better. And I swear, I don't think they will stay a couple for too long – because Kyuhyun is too selfish. He'll dump her once he's bored or once she acts in any way he doesn't like...how is that possible to work out? She will be one of many and that's not how you can treat her!”

 

„I know...but maybe this time it's different...call it fate. I have to let her go as well.“, Leeteuk said.

 

„I don't believe in fate.“, Sungmin still didn't want to hear anything about it.

 

„Then let her go for her own sake. Well...not only for her own sake – for yours too. She will always choose Kyuhyun over you. There's no way to win against him.“

 

Sungmin gulped. „...I can't.“, Sungmin said broken-heartedly “I can't believe that this is true...____ has to open her eyes...Kyuhyun is no match for her.”

 

 

When you entered the dorm after Sungmin had brought you back, you felt relieved and bad at the same time. It was silent and lonesome. Only Sooyoung and Taeyeon wanted to stay over this weekend and they were probably sleeping right now. The girls had decided that at least two would stay with you at the dormitory during the weekends so you didn't have to be all alone. It was nice...but somehow you felt like Taeyeon just wanted to make sure you wouldn't go overboard and invite Kyuhyun to the left alone SNSD apartment.

 

You slipped out of your shoes and relaxed a bit when you. Your heart felt heavy and you wished you'd been able to speak about what happened today to anybody...but they were all asleep. So you grabbed your phone and typed in the very first number that crossed your mind.

 

„There are two options: First – You're calling me to break up because your date with Sungmin-hyung was brilliant. Second – You're calling me to tell me your date was horrible.“, Kyuhyun answered the phone. Sure...of course he knew about the date.

 

“Nothing of it.”, you answered back.

 

“So you're calling my during the night because of what? By any chance...can it be you want to ask me to come over?”, he assumed and you heard him chuckling.

 

“Not even in your wildest dreams.”, you told him and had to laugh yourself. It felt good to hear his voice. Especially to hear his warm yet cheeky chuckling.

 

“So...how was your date with hyung?”, Kyuhyun wanted to know. He sounded hesitant...but of course he wanted to know how his hyung tried to impress you. And if he had better chances than him.

 

“It was weird, if I'm honest. Oppa is the kind of guy to get a girl some fancy dates...”, you said and sighed just thinking back at how Sungmin had brought you into a club.

 

“Then...my dates were better?”

 

“They were.”

 

Kyuhyun was silent. Indeed you knew exactly what he was doing right now because you could hear how the cotton of his clothes was moving. He was silent, but he had started a happiness dance right now. You started laughing when you suddenly heard some shallow sobbing.

 

“The heck was that...?”, you asked – now with strained nerves. You hated stuff like this...creepy stuff.

 

“N-Nothing!”, Kyuhyun answered, feeling like being caught.

 

“There is something in the dormitory...”, you mumbled, signalising Kyuhyun that you didn't mean his dance performance.

 

You hold still and listened if the sobbing appeared again. And there it was – a creepy whining in the darkness. Immediately you froze.

 

„Please...please don't! , , !“, you whispered and panicked.

 

You couldn't tell why you believed in the existence of ghosts but you did – and this was bad! It was just like in those horror movies.

 

“What's wrong?”, Kyuhyun asked you irritatedly. “Is hyung standing in front of your apartment, stalking you?”, he added in amused irony.

 

„Yah! That's not the time to make bad jokes!“, you huffed and pouted even though you knew he couldn't see it.

 

„What's wrong?“

 

„There's a ghost in our apartment...you know how much I fear them...!“, you informed him.

 

„You want me to do something about it? I'm at my parents' house how am I supposed to rescue you this time?“, he asked ironically.

 

„You really can't come?...please?“, you demanded and let your voice sound aegyo.

 

„....“ Kyuhyun became all quite. You had never used aegyo on him before and at the moment he was absolutely not able to handle it. Of course you wanted to laugh about his reaction but the crying appeared another time.

 

„There it was again!“, you shouted.

 

„What?“

 

„The ghost!!!“

 

„You can see it? Baby, I think you need to see a doctor.“, Kyuhyun suggested, stressing the last part especially. He was still making fun of you for telling him to go see a doctor when he confessed to you the first time.

 

„Aniyo! I heard it! There is someone crying in the dark!“

 

Kyuhyun kept remaining in silence.

 

„Cho Kyuhyun...?...Oppa?!“, you fast-paced called him. Why didn't he answer anymore?! No hearing his voice anymore left you in pure terror.

 

„You should hide or something I don't want to lose my potential girlfriend.“, his voice sounded like he had to fight the laughters in his throat.

 

„That's not funny! I'm really afraid, you Babo!“

 

You hurried through the floor. Maybe you could wake Taeyeon and Sooyoung up to rescue them as well. Or better - get rescued by them.

 

The crying became louder and louder. You stopped in front of one of the rooms.

 

„Omo! The crying is in one of our rooms!“, you said.

 

„I guess one of your unnies is drunk and therefore crying now. Open the door and see who it is!“, Kyuhyun told you.

 

„Aniyo! The ghost will kill me!“, you refused.

 

„Open the door, I said! That's no ghost!.“

 

„...!....!!...Kyaaah!!!“ You opened the door and quickly shut your eyes.

 

The crying stopped and you looked into a bright room where Sunny sat on the floor, her eyes all red.

 

„...unnie?“

 

You shut your phone though Kyuhyun was still on.

 

„What are you doing here? I thought you would go to see your family.“

 

Sunny quickly stood up and wiped away the left tears.

 

„I changed my mind. I thought some extra practices would be nice for the weekend.“, Sunny said and faked a smile. Her eyes were all puffy and red. No way to hide she was crying.

 

„...what's wrong with you?“, you asked her. Was it because of today? Sungmin? „Oh no...don't tell me it's because of Sungmin-Oppa.“

 

Sunny shivered but shook her head. „No...no...not because of him...“

 

„You still like him, don't you?“, you asked her obliviously.

 

Her eyes rounded and fell a bit open. „Where do you know that from?“

 

„Sungmin-Oppa told me about your relationship...after that it was easy to see what you were feeling for him.“, you answered. And of course Hyoyeon had told you enough about it, too.

 

Sunny nodded wordless.

 

„Why don't you tell him?“, you wanted to know.

 

„Tell him what? That I made a mistake when I broke up? Great idea...he hates me because I left and cheated on him. I was just...curious and bored, I guess...I didn't appreciate what I had when we were a couple. I don't deserve him. Plus he now likes you...and not me.“ Sunny's lips trembled and her eyes were filled with tears again.You couldn't stand seeing her looking like that and hugged her.

 

„I think you should talk to him...I can't return his affection...so you should go and talk to him before he finds another girl who will.“

 

„You really don't like Sungmin that way?“ Sunny gasped.

 

„No, I don't. We're friends but I don't feel like there is more between us.“, you told her.

 

„But I can't go there alone...maybe he doesn't even want to talk to me...“ Sunny was full of insecurity. You tried to mitigate it.

 

„I'll come with you tomorrow...okay?“

 

Sunny nodded and smiled a bit...until your cell began to ring.

 

„Damn! I forgot that...!“ You held it up. „Worried Kyuhyun, I think.“

 

You smirked and both of you started chuckling.

 

 

You kept your promise and the next day you two were heading for the boys' dormitory. It was already Sunday evening so each SuJu member was back home again. Eunhyuk was the one opening the door for you.

 

“Oh...Kyuhyun-ah! You've got some visitors!”

 

Sunny and you entered the building and the loud trampling hurrying down the stairway was exposing you how excited Kyuhyun was about the news. When he arrived at the main door, he played all cool but he was a bit breathless and his hair messy because he hadn't expected any visit.

 

“____ah!”, you cheered and ruffled through his hair as if it would help him. “This is the first time you came to visit m- oh! Soonkyu-shi, welcome!”

 

Kyuhyun bowed quickly and you saw how the spark of hope in his eyes was slowly fading as he had figured out that he was not your main motivation to visit the SuJu dormitory.

As Kyuhyun's excited voice had cheered through the dormitory everyone knew who was visiting them and therefore Sungmin was the next to greet you.

 

Sunny and you noticed Sungmin who came down the stairs and you two bowed again to greet him as well.

 

Sungmin-Oppa, my unnie wants to talk to you!“, you said and pushed Sunny gently into his direction.

 

Sungmin gulped. He had thought the whole time about Leeteuk's advice...and here his words came to reality. His heart got another crack. He just had to accept the fact that Kyuhyun was the right guy for you and now? Now you brought his ex-girlfriend to him. That was a lot to bear with. And it showed him one thing for sure: You were not interested in being his girlfriend one day. Not even a bit. Trying to get him together with his ex- girlfriend...which girl would ever do this if she was interested in more than friendship? Right. No one.

 

Pain numbed his whole body. But still he smiled gently. He had to smile. He didn't want you to see how broken he was now.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed your hand and everyone could see how happy he was – the complete difference to Sungmin.

 

We'll go upstairs as long as they talk, okay?“, he suggested and dragged you upstairs.

 

Sungmin and Sunny watched how you two left hand in hand, burning Sungmin's heart all the way down. Leeteuk was right. Sungmin had to accept the fact that you would never choose him over Kyuhyun...and he couldn't hate his co-member forever.

 

Sungmin took a deep breath and looked up the stairs, mumbling all to himself

 

Well...then take care of her...and don't you dare hurting her! If you do I'll kill you first and then get her for myself!“

 

 

This was the first time you saw where Kyuhyun lived. Kyuhyun had an own computer in his room. Of course he had...he was Starcraft-obsessed. What made you feel less comfortable was something pinned on the other side of the room. It was the photo Sungmin had taken the day before you had to undergo plastic surgery...he had liked you for a long time now...it saddened you.

 

Kyuhyun observed you carefully while you examined the photo.

 

“You know...you're like a candy.”, he said, “Bringin Soonkyu-shi to hyung... I would have never expected that you would do such a thing.”

 

You looked up again to glance at Kyuhyun with big rounded eyes.

 

You're awesome...like a special candy. A sour candy on the outside but with a sweet surprise center.” He chuckled while he said that.

 

This was it. One of the moments he usually asked you to be his girlfriend. And as expected he opened his mouth to ask you. But to your wonder the words that escaped his lips were not the ones he had planned to say. They were very different.

 

I love you.”

 

Time seemed to be extra slow now. Kyuhyun's face showed how shocked he was about his own words and how nervous he got. He didn't know what he should expect you to answer now.

 

In your head everything was upside down. The thoughts of the last night were again stuck in your head. Was Kyuhyun a refund? Or were your feelings real? And why had you even to think about it?

 

Could you...could you please say something...I think I'm dying because I'm so nervous.“, Kyuhyun demanded and scratched the back of his head.

 

I...I...“ The words 'Thank you' already lay on your lips when suddenly the door opened and Leeteuk stood in the room.

 

Kyuhyun-ah, Sungmin-ah and Sunny-shi are downstairs, I heard ______-ah is here as well.“, he said and then looked at you in wonder. Seeing you together alone in Kyuhyun's room made the leader feel more than uncomfortable.

 

Oh...I'm...mianhe.“, he apologised and then went out again.

 

Oppa, wait!“, you called him and wanted to run after him but Kyuhyun grabbed your wrist and dragged you back. His face showed how angry he was.

 

Why are you following him? I just...I just told you I love you right now and in the very next moment you're running after Leeteuk-hyung? I can't stand this if you still have feelings for my hyung...you have to decide: If you follow him, you'll lose me. If you stay, get over him.“, Kyuhyun left you the choice.

 

You looked to the door and then back at Kyuhyun. And then... you stayed.

 

Something in your heart broke when you let Leeteuk go but you knew a bigger part of it would have broke if you left this evil alone that glanced at you with worried and afraid eyes.