The Anthem

Bad Business

Two weeks after your surgery your face didn't look like a car crash anymore but you still felt uncomfortable next to the SNSD members at the dorm and to the other SM musicians at the SM Office. Everytime you heard the boys from Super Junior or SHINee coming into your direction you quickly ran away and hide. One time f(x)' Amber crossed your way and you hide your face behind your hair. Amber must have thought that you were some kind of crazy trainee.

 

All the days you only could take place at singing and language lessons. The doctor forbid you to train dance or sports because it was too dangerous. You could hurt yourself and destroy something in your face plus your legs were hurting a lot. The doctor even cut out some muscles out of your legs to make 'perfect legs' out of them. Now they were really hurting. You were even unable to walk properly. The first week you couldn't walk at all and had to be transported in a wheelchair.

 

In this time SM Entertainment announced that you would be the main rapper and one of the main singers in SNSD. This made your realtionship to Yuri and Hyoyeon better, both of them were friendly and caring now. Jessica disliked you even more. She didn't talk to you anymore and if she had to, she was rude. Seohyun ignored you as well...but this was nothing that changed from the beginning.

 

Today was the first day you would join the other members' training again. Taeyeon and Tiffany were already in the practice room, beginning their warm- up and stretching.

 

„______-ah! You join us today?“ Tiffany smiled at you and beckoned you over. She had become one of the most friendly to you. It just took her a while to get used to you.

 

„Today is the first day of our new choreography. I doubt that SME would let her take another day off when something like this is on.“, Taeyeon said but you could clearly hear how displeased she was because the label let you practice even though you were still hurting because of the surgery. Taeyeon had become really overprotective over you.

 

You and Tiffany nodded silently and then Yoona and Yuri stepped inside. Seeing you again caused Yoona an outbreak of excitement. Yuri, too, couldn't hide her excitement. It was funny how you were able to strengthen the Soshi-bond between some of the members.

 

„_____-ah, today not hiding? You will scare the hell out of the choreographer!“ Yuri laughed and and hugged you.

 

Someone whisteled and you girls looked to the door where three guys were standing. All of them had a grin on their faces.

 

„Hey girls, how'ya doin'?“ Donghae came in first and was followed by Eunhyuk and Sungmin.

 

You haven't seen Eunhyuk for a long time and smiled brightly when you saw him.

 

„Ulzzang Baby, you look good. A little bit swollen but not too bad.“, Donghae said to you and laughed a little bit. You knew that this was a lie. You had scares all over your body. Your face looked like you survived the Texas Chainsaw Massacre itself and the pain you felt in your face and legs reminded you of your surgeries every single second.

 

„Unfortunatelly Kyuhyun isn't able to see you...he refused to come with us.“ He went on and laughed about it but you thought that it was not funny at all. You hoped that you had scared Kyuhyun with your slap so that he would never ever come to see you again. Especially not now shortly after the surgery.

 

„You saw the red hand print on his cheek? ______-ah, you really are strong!“ Eunhyuk seemed to be amazed by the fact that someone hit Kyuhyun.

 

„Ignore that. He's always like this.“, Sungmin said smiling.

 

You guys fell into conversation until Jessica and Sunny came in. It was as if the whole atmosphere made a dramatical twist. The laughters died, the voices silenced. The warmth that had filled the room had become an icy cold.

 

Sungmin was the first who escpaed. „I have to go...“, He told you quietly and moved out of the room with such quick steps, he looked as if he was about to run.

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk gave each other worried looks before they followed him with Jessica's curious eyes on them.

 

„What did they want?“, She asked.

 

„Meeting our Ulzzang Baby.“, Yuri answered.

 

Jessica snorted.

 

The dance training was exhausting but funny. You liked to dance with the other members and everytime one of you made a mistake you could laugh about it. It even made you forget your hurting legs. The choreographer was the only one who didn't laugh...and Jessica most of the time. She acted like a prima donna since Yuri told her that Donghae came to see you. You hoped that Jessica understood that it was only a joke but it didn't seem like that.

 

After the training you were given the new lyrics for the new album's songs. The first which you would record and with which you would celebrate your debute was called 'The Anthem'.

 

Well...it really was an anthem. The song was about SM Family and it was like a christmas story about Jesus Christ' birth. And you were Christ in this case. If this was SM's strategy to drum up your fan base they were truely insane. You uncomfortably pulled on the edges of your shirt.

 

„They'll hate me...“, You whispered.

 

„Pardon?“,Yoona asked you.

 

„The fans...they will hate me after they hear the song. I'm new, it's natural to dislike me...but with this song they will absolutely hate me. I mean...I'm Jesus!“ You would be the most hated girl in South Korea. Nooo! This was not what you wanted...!

 

„Keep cool...we will all protect you...and then you will be one of us – officially.“ Hyoyeon poked your cheeks. She had listened to your and Yoona's conversation. „And if you worry about the image you will set up about yourself, just be a bit self-ironical in interviews. That will help you a lot, I guess.“

The advice was kindly ment but didn't help you feeling better for now.

 

„Yes, that's what I think, too. Don't worry too much. Haters gonna hate.“, Yuri told you.

 

Their words didn't really relieve you but they gave you a little bit of hope.

 

The next day seemed just like the day before. You entered the room and after a while Donghae, Eunhyuk and Sungmin came inside, too.

 

„You already saw the lyrics? How are they?“, Donghae wanted to know. Taeyeon chuckled.

 

„Our Baby Girl is afraid to be hated because of the lyrics.“, Yuri replied.

 

„Really? Why?“, Sungmin asked with a frown.

 

„Have a look.“ You walked towards your bag and took the sheet of paper out of it where the lyrics were written on. The boys read it and started laughing.

 

„Okay, the lyrics are quiet special...but don't worry,____-ah. Kyuhyun, Henry and Zhoumi had problems, too. You'll get over it and once the fans are used to you, they'll start loving you.“, Sungmin smiled at you but you couldn't give him a smile back.

 

„They are handsome guys. Who am I? Right now I'm looking like a jellyfish.“ Everyone in the room started laughing except you.

 

„That's not funny. I'm serious about that...I don't want to be the fans' most hated enemy ever.“

 

„Enemy? You'll be an idol, don't forget that.“ Eunhyuk put his hands on your shoulder. „Just calm down everything's gonna be alright.“

 

You sighed. It was useless to go on talking about this topic. They would all say the same to you.

 

The upcoming happiness in the room was like the day before destroyed by two girls entering with a cheerful „Hello~!“. Sunny's and Jessica's appearance caused the same reaction to the guys like before. Sungmin again was the first to react.

 

„Ah...it's so late already, we have to go!.“, He said and rushed outside.

 

Was he serious? Something was wrong with this behaviour, you could clearly tell, even though you didn't know him for so long.

 

„Wait!“ You followed him outside and grabbed his arm when you two reached the middle of the floor.

 

„Something going on?“, Sungmin asked and looked at you a bit puzzled.

 

„Not with me. With you. What's wrong? Everytime Sunny-Unnie comes into the room you flee.“, you straightly told him your obervation, making him shudder and freeze in shock.

Just a few seconds later Sungmin recovered from his shock, turned around and started to walk again. You let your hands off his arm and watched him appalled.

 

„Oppa!“

 

Sungmin didn't manage to escape from you. You catched him again when he tried to hide in the restrooms.

 

„Yah! What are you doing? Don't follow me into the restrooms!“, Sungmin scolded you when you were about to go inside the mens' room, too.

 

„Aniyo! I'll come too if you don't tell me what's wrong with you!“

 

Sungmin made a face, shaking his head and pushing you gently away from the restroom doors. „You're crazy, you know that? Crazy and stubborn.“

 

„If it brings me far it's not a bad thing.“, You said smiling „Plus, I really care about you and something is not right with you.“ Sungmin was there for you when you needed someone the most. Maybe you started being clingy but you felt as if you owed him at least a bit of your sentiment.

 

Just by looking back at you, Sungmin had to accept that there was no way out of it. That you wouldn't give up easily and that fighting would cost him more effort and strength than just telling you what was bothering him.

 

„Okay, come with me, I'll tell you about my...problem...with Lee Soonkyu.“

 

Sungmin led you to a quiet corner where both of you could take a seat. Sungmin sighed again. This topic seemed to be a not so nice one.

 

„Soonkyu and me...used to be a couple.“, He explained to you. You gasped. Another couple! A cute one! „So that's why it's very difficult to be around her.“

 

„Why did you break up?“, You asked him.

 

„Quiet simple...Soonkyu left me..because of another person.“ Sungmin's eyes seemed to look into nowhere. He was far away with his thoughts. „And I can't forgive her for that.“

 

„Who was the other person?“

 

„It's a person from SM. They have been so close since ever...but I had never thought there would be more than friendship with them...I mean...they are both girls.“

 

You gasped again but this time not because it was something really cute. It was shocking. There were lesbians in SNSD? Or did she started dating another idol at SM? Or maybe one of the staffs?

 

„You mean...unnie is...nooo...“

 

„She is...I guess. I don't know if they're still a couple or not but since then I couldn't stand Soonkyu around me anymore. In public when we're in front of the cameras it's okay because we are forced to get along well...when we're not it's not that easy. It's hard for me.“

 

You thought about Leeteuk and his broken relationship with his former girlfriend. First Leeteuk, now Sungmin. Who would be the next person you get to know more about and who had to go through a painful breakup?

 

„Do the others know about that?“

 

„Yes, they do.“ Sungmin gave you a sad smile.

 

„Ouch...“, You said and looked like someone hit you on the knee. Sungmin watched irritated but then started to laugh.

 

„Ouch? That's what you've got to say about it?“, He asked you and you nodded.

 

After he admitted what was bothering him you understood his reaction but to be honest you didn't know how to help him.

 

 

The dance training was over and you girls relaxed a bit.

 

„Hey, how about eating lunch with the Oppas?“, Hyoyeon asked and grinned.

 

„Good idea, let's ask them to order something.“, Jessica nodded and went outside the room to get some food coupons.

 

„We eat lunch with the SuJu members?“, You asked and looked surprised.

 

„Yes, sometimes.“, Taeyeon answered.

 

„Let's go.“ Yoona linked arms with you and Taeyeon and dragged both of you outside.

 

The Super Junior training room looked similar to yours. The boys sat on the floor in a circle and watched you curiously. Jessica and Hyoyeon were already sitting next to them. Hyoyeon was talking to Eunhyuk and smiled at him like it was the happiest day of her life. Jessica sat next to Donghae who had his phone in his hands. He was already ordering something. It was very difficult to deny that between Super Junior and SNSD was no romantic tension.

 

„_______-ah! Come over here!“, Yesung beckoned and you walked towards him to sit between him and Siwon. You looked to Sungmin who didn't look to good after Sunny sat down next to Shindong who was right face to face to him. Instantly you looked through the room, examining every single SNSD member, thinking about who could be the one who was with Sunny.

 

„Long time no see!“, Leeteuk greeted you and cut off your thoughts with his voice. You twirled around and smiled at him with your cheeks blushing. At least you thought they blushed, you still couldn't feel anything in your face from the surgery.

 

„Yes, I'm happy to see all of you again.“

 

You heard something snorting. Kyuhyun was as well sitting in the sitting circle. Once you faced him you felt uncomfortable again because of the remains of your surgery. Shoot! Why did you have to have lunch with them today?!

 

Kyuhyun didn't pay you much of attention, so you were entertained by Leeteuk, Yesung and Siwon until the food was finally delivered.

 

„I want Ulzzang Baby to feed me.“, Donghae required once you unpacked the dishes. Jessica looked at you with warning eyes.

 

„Uhm... Jessica-unnie is sitting next to you...why don't you ask her, Oppa?“, You asked him and looked down to your chopsticks.

 

„But I want SNSD's new girl to feed me...“, He whined and pouted like a little child.

 

„Yah! Stop that aegyo!“, Sungmin told him off and gave him a slap on his backhead.

„If she feeds you I wanna be feeded, too! My aegyo is far better than yours!“, Sungmin claimed and the guys started laughing.

 

Taeyeon put some rice on her chopsticks. „Say aaah~!“

 

„Wha-?!“ Sungmin got her chopsticks in his mouth and choked on the rice. He started coughing.

 

„I think it's better if everyone feed themselves.“, Taeyeon said in her full wisdom causing even more laughters in the group.

 

You were nearly done eating when someone sneaked into the opened training room.

 

„Anyeong Haseyeo!“ The guys were standing in the doorway, scanning the room to find someone. Their eyes had a stop at you.

 

„Huh?“ Leeteuk leaned backwards to see who it was. The SHINee members were looking at you. Taemin nudged Minho with his elbow and they whispered about something.

 

„You wanna join us?“, Leeteuk asked. „We're almost done.“

 

„No, we were looking for the SNSD girls but they weren't in their room so we guessed they were here.“, Onew answered.

 

„What's up?“, Taeyeon wanted to known and got up from the ground.

 

„It's about your new member's debute.“ All of their eyes were on you.

 

„Yes? Go on.“, Taeyeon said and looked at them with her eyebrows furrowed.

 

„You knew we all will perform together?“, Onew asked.

 

„What does that mean?“, Jessica was the one who furrowed her eyes now.

 

„I heard even BoA will come to perform with us.“, Taemin told you.

 

„What? BoA?“ Your eyes rounded. BoA would perform at your debute as well?!