Bitter Truth

Bad Business

 

„What are you doing here?!“, you asked him back. „Why aren't you in Seoul?!“

 

„Your boyfriend sent me! Okay? He couldn't come himself so it was my job to take care of you while you're here. Plus, I'm the only one who's allowed to come to Thailand. I have the best reason – 2PM promotion.“

 

He shrugged his shoulders and came in. Sooyoung quickly walked in front of you while you two were still discussing.

 

„You can't just come here! And why did Kyuhyun send you here? “

 

„Maybe because you've got another guy here? Having a lover next to your boyfriend isn't the best way to show your man – he called himself like that – how much you love him.“

 

„Stop that!“, Taeyeon interrupted the two of you. „Stop talking Thai around me! At least in my hotel room I want to her the Korean language!“ She covered her ears with her hands and shook her head.

 

„Uhm...alright, unnie.“

 

You just lost the plot because of her interruption.

 

„I'll be here as long as you're here...and I'll make sure that this Yoshi won't harm you any problems.“, Nichkhun declared in his usual stubborn way and crossed his arms.

 

„I don't have an affair! Not at all! This is all promotion! A fake story!“, you began to freak out. You couldn't held a face palm back.

 

„Sorry Baby, this is how it works. I'll be your bodyguard from now on.“ He smiled and then went back to the door. „But now I have to check in...otherwise I'll get no room for the night.“

 

You rushed behind him. „Bodyguard? I call this babysitter! I can't believe Kyuhyun-Oppa did that to me!“

 

„Be happy – I'm your best friend. Just imagine he would have send you a real bodyguard...a stranger. That would be more of a problem, didn't it?“

 

With this he silenced you. You reacted with an angry pout and then closed the door behind him.

 

„Babo! Babo, Babo, Babo!“

 

„Who? Kyuhyun-Oppa or Nichkhun-Oppa?“, Yoona asked.

 

„Both!“, you answered and disappeared into the bath room.

 

 

The night was hard, the morning even more. You couldn't sleep too good and now you were more than tired. The weariness mixed up with some very strange nausea you couldn't explain.

 

„Tired Baby...“, Yuri said and patted your head slightly. „You have to be awake to practice today...the concert is very soon...remember it's your first real SNSD concert.“

 

She was right – this was your first real concert. Until now you only had to practice single performances but now you had to practice whole choreographies, leading one into another. You'd never realized it until now.

 

„Ouh...damnit.“

 

You entered the lobby when Nichkhun greeted you. „Good morning, ladies! I hope you had a nice night.“

 

The rest of the girls who slept in other hotel rooms blinked at Nichkhun in wonder. They hadn't known that he was here until now.

 

„Oppa, what are you doing here?“, Seohyun asked him puzzled.

 

„Taking care of the baby girl.“, he answered while chuckling.

 

 

It was like in Seoul. While you practiced, Nichkhun was observing you but somehow it was distracting. During break your cell started to ring.

 

„Yoboseyo?“, you answered it. Nichkhun looked at you while you listened to the other one's voice. He noticed how your eyes widened and you looked even a bit shocked.

 

When you were finished you started to pack your things. „I have to leave earlier!“, you said.

 

„What? Why?“, Hyoyeon asked you perplexed.

 

„It's an accident...I'm free the manager already knows about it.“

 

Nichkhun followed you quickly after you hurried outside. You were phoning again.

 

„Manager-nim? I'll take a day-off!....no, it has a good reason. I'll do some more promotion, Yoshi-shi called me, I'll hang out with him.“

 

„What? You'll hang out with him again?“, Nichkhun interrupted you during your phone call.

 

„Uhm...who that was? No one...“, you quickly told your manager and looked angrily at Nichkhun to shut him up.

 

„Yes, thank you.“ After the phone call was over you started to scold Nichkhun.

 

„What are you doing?! That's important!“, you told him off.

 

„Important? Meeting this guy again?!“, he asked you indignantly.

 

„Aish! You don't have any idea of what I'm doing here...!“

 

Again you took your phone.

 

„Yoshi? It's me, _____. Could you take a day off and tell your manager you're out with me, please?...please! It's important! Oh, PLEASE! What do you want to hear from me? I'm begging you to do so?...okay, okay...yeah, thank you.“

 

„Huh?“ Nichkhun looked at you – now totally confused. „I really don't get what you are doing right now.“, he realized and silenced.

 

„Well...you wanted to be my babysitter right? Then you have to visit someone with me now.“

 

 

You were standing in front of a big villa in the Bangkok area of Ari. Nichkhun's eyes were wide awake when he looked up and down just the front door.

 

„Who is living in there?!“, Nichkhuns asked you impressed by the luxurious looking front side of the house.

 

„You'll get to meet him...now...“, you whispered when the door opened and a tall, asian woman came across you with her arms wide opened to hug you.

Nichkhun was irritated by your words 'You'll get to meet him'. Who was he?

 

„________-darling!!!“, the woman shouted happily and hugged you. „I missed you soo, sooo much!“

 

Nichkhun's mouth dropped open and he blinked before he formed the words with his lips but without any sound. 'Ladyboy?'

 

'No!', you responsed quickly and shook your head.

 

The woman turned around and looked at Nichkhun.

 

„OH MY GOOOAD?!“

 

Yes...that was the first thing you thought after seeing how she reacted.

 

„2PM NICHKHUN?!“ The woman grabbed Nichkhun's cheeks and treated him like a little child. „YOU'RE SOOOO HANDSOME!“

 

Face palm.

 

You sighed in embarrassement and then slightly touched her shoulder.

 

„Pi Cat...please...do me a favour...leave him alone.“

 

She chuckled but took your hand and dragged you inside. Nichkhun followed you – now insecurely.

 

„He's upstairs – already waiting for you.“, Cat informed you.

 

„Which floor?“, you asked her.

 

„3rd.“

 

„Room?“

 

„Meeting room.“

 

You gulped and slowly started to walk up the stairs. There was no elevator in this big, big house...unfortunately.

 

After knocking shortly you opened the door of the Meeting Room and Nichkhun followed you quietly.

 

„You're like always...knocking but not waiting until I open the door for you...or at least invite you to come inside.“, the man behind the big, expensive desk said. Nichkhun couldn't understand a single word. It didn't even sound English.

 

„He's talking German...“, you whispered to him after you saw his puzzled face.

 

„And you're bringing some more guests? Ah....Asian boy. Your boyfriend?“

 

You quickly shook your head but the man didn't even look at you.

 

„I told you...only European guys are good boyfriends and husbands.“ He stood up and Nichkhun was shocked by the height of the man. He was about 50-55 years old but still in a good shape and nearly one and a half heads taller than him.

 

„May I introduce my father to you, Khun?“

 

„Your father?!“ Nichkhun's jar dropped but then he caught himself back and bowed.

 

„It's a pleasure to meet you.“, he said really politely in his best English but your father simply ignored him.

 

He walked towards you and then grabbed your face.

 

„Nice work...really nice work...I would have made it a bit different...better in some ways...but it's no bad work, I have to admit.“

 

Nichkhun paused at this strange behaviour of your father. By the way how your father inspected your face and how he touched the parts where scars were hidden behind good work and a bit of make-up, Nichkhun could tell that he was talking about your plastic surgery, right? How could he not be upset because of it?

 

„Thank you. Made me suffer a lot.“, you said slightly.

 

„Yeah...but the scarves healed really well. I think you got that from your mother.“

 

You laughed amused. Your father had always been like that. And he was totally obsessed with plastic surgery. He never let others do one on him but he was a really wealthy hospital CEO in Thailand. They offered plastic surgery as well and everytime you came to visit him he wanted you to have one...to make 'his created face even more perfect'.

 

„Anyways...I never thought you would really become one of those chicks who jump around and sing on stage. I'm proud of you, little bunny.“ He rubbed your head and ruffled your hair completely before he walked towards the door. You knew that he hated girlgroups but he was still cheering you. That made you smile happily and Nichkhun looked just more and more confused the longer he was inside of this room.

 

„You two are staying for dinner, huh?“

 

Suddenly the strange weariness from this morning returned and the nausea hit your stomach. You felt dizzy and from one to another moment your smile disappeared. Nichkhun immediately noticed it and frowned.

 

„Yeah...“, you agreed weakly to your father's invitation. „Alright.“

 

„Okay, then see you later, bunny.“

 

It was not like you two were kicked out...but your father more or less really did so.

 

 

You have a really strange father.“, Nichkhun said after a while when you were walking back to enter the sky train. Nichkhun was hidden behind big sunglasses and a cap so that people couldn't recognize him to easily.

 

„Why do you think so?“, you asked him.

 

„Well..the way he inspected your face. He was talking about plastic surgery, wasn't he?“

 

You nodded and then Nichkhun went on speaking.

 

„He had this glimmer in his eyes – like he was amazed by what you had done to your face. Usually parents freak out when they see their children cut their faces into pieces to make a new one out of it.“

 

„I know – but I love him.“, you said and smiled sadly.

 

...and something else I wanted to ask you...can it be that you feel sick lately?” Nichkhun wondered why you had looked kinda sick when you were accepting your father's invitation to have dinner with him.

 

N-No, I don't...I'm just tired, I guess.”, you answered and gulped.

 

Nichkhun still wasn't satisfied by your answer.

 

There must be more behind it...

 

 

Nichkhun accompanied you to the restaurant your father had told you to come to.

It was an expensive one and Nichkhun simply sighed and rolled his eyes when he stood in front of the building. You laughed quietly and shook your head.

 

Your father had brought some business associates with him and introduced you to them.

 

This is my daughter and her famous boyfriend.“ , he said and the men all were surprised by your appearance.

 

You never told us you had a famous daughter!“, one of them said.

 

You sat down on your place with a plastic smile. Nichkhun saw it just at time and worried again.

He knew that you had thought this would be a nice familiar dinner...but it was simply promotion for your own father.

 

It really was a business dinner. Nichkhun and you were simply decoration to impress the others. Only your father's girlfriend was talking to you two and asked a lot about your job and how you got to know each other really and not in television.

 

After the dinner was over (and it took way too long!), your father decided to visit a bar with his companions but before you could go with them, the weariness and nausea hit you back again.

 

On your way out of the restaurant you suddenly froze and looked at the ground.

 

Oh crap...”, you breathed out in exhaustion and then lost consciousness.

 

 

When you woke up again, you were laying in a hospital bed. It seemed to be one of your father's hospital as the emblem on the wall reminded you of his wealth and business skills.

 

Are you alright?”, Nichkhun immediately asked you when he noticed you getting up slowly.

 

“I guess so...what happened...?”, you asked him.

 

You suddenly knocked out. We brought you here immediately and your father already did some tests on you...I told you you were looking sick! Why didn't you tell me?!

 

I don't know...I just felt so weary lately...and had this strange nausea...

 

Nausea...____ can it be...that you're pregnant?

 

Pregnant?! Are you kidding me? I just slept with...but...that can't be...it was just a few days ago...

 

As soon as Nichkhun wanted to comment the door opened and your father stepped in. He seemed very concerned.

 

What is it?”, you asked him and he simply handed you a clipboard where your data was written on.

 

You silently read what was written on the sheet of paper and said nothing after that.

Nichkhun glanced over your shoulder and read it as well.

 

Oh my god...“