Broken Bonds

Bad Business

"What the heck is this? " Kyuhyun sounded as shocked as you were feeling.

 

Your mouth just kept being wide opened without anything coming out of it.

 

"I'm gonna kick that guy's , I swear!", Kyuhyun then barked. "There's really no help, he's interfering everytime!"

 

Funny fact: Nichkhun had said exactly the same about Kyuhyun.

 

"Don't get mad, oppa....I'll clean this mess up.", you promised even though you didn't know how.

 

How far was Nichkhun willing to go to get you back? Did he even want to get you back or did he simply want to destroy Kyuhyun and you?

 

 

Back at the dormitory your unnies and the manager were already waiting for you.

 

"Where the heck do these photos come from? What are we supposed to tell the media now?!" The manager was freaking out as usual whenever there was a scandal about you girls. "You girls are doomed now! This scandal will break your neck!"

 

"But it's not even true. I'm not with Nichkhun!", you argued, causing the manager to laugh about your words.

 

"Then where do these selcas come from? They clearly show you two kissing!"

 

"They are old."

 

Tiffany was strengthening your back. "They were before Nichkhun and I started dating. Tell that the media. I'll confirm it."

 

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yoona were looking up to her, completely perplexed. Nobody had even dreamed of Tiffany supporting you after the whole Nichkhun fight.

 

"Unnie...", you mumbled and wanted to interfere, cry and thank her but Taeyeon's feet that in the very next moment kicked your leg, silenced you with a stabbing pain.

 

"You think the media will eat that? So easily?!"

 

"We'll all confirm it.", Taeyeon agreed with Tiffany. "After all these scandals being confirmed, there is no need in hiding this couple scandal, too. If we tell everyone that it's not true and that Nichkhun's account might have been hacked or something, we are maybe able to clean up the mess."

 

"But he will fight back.", you said.

 

"He can fight as much as he wants. I will not lose this time! I will never!, Tiffany declared with stern eyes.

 

 

And there the press conference went the day after the scandal news hit the South Korean nation.

 

All your girls were standing up for you, telling the reporters that everything was a misunderstanding. And they ate it. They all were believing in this made up story until something happened that you had feared but not really had seen coming.

 

It was Nichkhun.

 

"This...is not...true!", he yelled through the conference room. "She loved me! She loved me....really!"

 

Nichkhun wasn't even able to walk straight. He was moving unsteadily towards the long table where each of the SNSD girls was seated.

 

"She wanted....to marry...me! Tell them,____! Stop this nonsense lie!"

 

With his words the whole audience broke out into an uproar.

 

"Yah! You stop finally!", Tiffany shouted angrily. "You are the one doing nonsense!"

 

The audience wasn't calming down again. This was just too good as a scandal. A completely drunken Nichkhun. His ex - girlfriend speaking up against him...and his alleged current girlfriend and now fiancée. What the hell was wrong with this world?

 

You're eyes were wandering up at Tiffany, begging her to save you. When her eyes met yours, she nodded and made you appreciate her as your unnie even more.

 

"I'm sorry to all of you because the only scandal is coming from Nichkhun himself. He and ____ used to be a couple long before he started dating me. He broke up with me because he wanted our maknae back but unfortunately this was an one-sided love. And as the result you have a completely drunken man in front of you who tries to spread lies about our precious sister. I'm sorry for him but for our maknae' s and our sake, we can't tolerate such a lie."

 

The audience suddenly silenced as if they were waiting for Nichkhun's reaction. And indeed his reaction was the worst you could have imagined.

 

He suddenly started sobbing and crying.

 

"Tiff...Tiff...I thought you loved me...how...how can you do this to me? I'm sorry I broke up with you because of ____....but how can you stab my back like this now?"

 

He wasn't able to hold a grab of himself, instead he lost it all and heartbreakingly started crying. The girls all watched him with a mixture of suppressed pity and forced, hard indifference. And you...you felt terribly guilty for this.

 

"____....", he then directed his words at you. "I love you so much....I gave my everything for you...why do you throw me away like trash? Why do you do that? What did I do to deserve all of this? I don't want to live like this...I can't...", he sobbed and immediately all eyes were directed at you who just looked back at Nichkhun with pure shock.

 

"No...!", you huffed out of breath.

 

"No!"

 

The doors of the conference hall were opened in another surprise. Taecyeon and Wooyoung were entering and both grabbed Nichkhun to get him out of this media fiasco. They were accompanied by a rain of camera clicking and shouted questions.

 

This was by far the worst scandal you've ever been involved in.

 

 

"Thank you."

 

After the press conference was over, you had followed Tiffany to tell her your gratitude.

 

"I didn't do this for you.", she said in a cold manner.

 

"Nichkhun threw me away without hesitating a bit. Accusing you of doing this and blaming me for supporting you in this case...I'm the person that suffers the most and that was mistreated. It really upsets me how Nichkhun was behaving. He is just as bad as you are. Playing up as the victim is terribly wrong. I just don't want him to be like this - because he's absolutely not in the position to whine and sulk. So don't get me wrong. This is nothing else than the penalty I chose for him."

 

As she said.

 

You silently nodded as an answer halfway disappointed and halfway understanding. To be honest you had expected nothing else than that but somehow hope was some very cruel false friend.

 

 

It was stupid to expect that the scandal was calmed down after the press conference. It became just bigger and bigger.

 

"This scandal is such nonsense! I should probably just walk out there and tell them that we're a couple!", Kyuhyun voiced out in his anger while the Suju and SNSD members were having a break together.

 

"And jump into the scandal, too? That's suicide, Kyuhyun-ah. You will just worsen the situation.", Donghae tried to convince the maknae and sighed.

 

"Too bad that it's true.", Taeyeon agreed with him. "And Nichkhun is currently going on spreading all the rumors...we're messed up..."

 

"It's all your fault!"

 

It was the first time that Seohyun joined one of the conversations you had while having a break with the other SM artists.

 

"It's always you two!", she repeated herself and directed the words at Kyuhyun and you.

 

"Are you seriously starting this again?!", Kyuhyun immediately started fighting back. "Just back off!"

 

"I should back off?! You are destroying my career and life, too! So don't be so selfish about your love troubles! It's all our lives that you're destroying! It's all your fault!"

 

"Yah, yah!", Hyoyeon interfered. "Stop this nonsense immediately!"

 

Seohyun wanted to continue arguing but the next moment the SNSD manager entered and all of you were silenced at once.

 

"Are you done fighting? I've got something important to tell you.", he said and all of you watched him with strained nerves.

 

"Girls Generation will go on hiatus for a while. We'll see how the reaction goes on and if it calms down before we can let you perform again.", he informed you. "Until your comeback you are free doing whatever you want. Take a break, work in the fashion or drama industries. Just don't cause more scandals. This is actually more than SM can bear with at the moment."

 

He nonetheless looked at you and Tiffany then.

 

"...except for you two.", he added. "You're not allowed to attract any attention! You caused too much damage to our image. This means: No TaeTiSeo and no New Generation until this scandal is off the table!"

 

Both of you nodded and then the manager took his leave.

 

"No TaeTiSeo?! That's your fault!", Seohyun barked again, this time also including Tiffany.

 

"Shut up, girl! You're so focused on yourself, it's starting to piss me of, too!", Tiffany shouted back at her.

 

This was the the end of Soshi bond. After this day SNSD never was like before. The group was ultimately split and the bond would never be able to recover as you would have to figure out in the future.

 

 

In the evening Kyuhyun had accompanied you to the dormitory. Donghae and Kangin also followed Taeyeon and Jessica, so everyone would be able to slowly swallow the news of the SNSD hiatus.

 

"I'm worried.", Jessica finally spoke the words which were bothering her the most. "What if this is a permanent hiatus? How are we going to survive then? "

 

"You have a lot of potential, sweetheart. How about fashion? Modeling and designing would be a great opportunity for you.", her boyfriend Donghae appeased her.

 

"No matter what happens...I'll be on your side,____-ah.", Taeyeon assured you. "And you rascal, never leave our maknae hanging again! If you had stayed with her from the very beginning we would have one problem less!"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. "I promise it, Leader-nim!"

 

You just arrived and opened the main door when suddenly Yoona rushed towards you girls.

 

"Emergency! Emergency!", she called full of panic.

 

"What's wrong, Yoona-yah?", Taeyeon asked her perplexed.

 

"Taecyeon-oppa called me...Nichkhun is completely freaking out! He's trying to kill himself! He climbed at the balcony and swears he's gonna jump!"

 

All of you looked at Yoona in shock.

 

"What?!"

 

"This weirdo....this is too much!", Kyuhyun snarled and then all of you hurried into the first taxi you could get.

 

 

Taecyeon and Wooyoung were the only ones who were with Nichkhun at the 2PM dormitory when you arrived. While Wooyoung had opened the door for you, Taecyeon was trying to convince Nichkhun to get back into the room.

 

"Come back, Khun! The hell are you doing?!", Taecyeon shouted at Nichkhun.

 

"Oppa, we arrived!", Yoona greeted him out of breath. "Oh my! Since when is Nichkhun like that?!"

 

"He's drunken since we got him back from the press conference. He's like an angry little child and nobody can really get a hold of him, so we tried locking him into his room. But then he climbed from balcony to balcony like a monkey and now is threatening us he'd jump!"

 

"Khun!" You shouted and walked past the couple.

 

Nichkhun slowly turned around, revealing his more than drunken face. He still had a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

 

"____....you're here.", Nichkhun greeted you with a drunken smirk. "Wanna witness how I die?"

 

"You idiot! Come back again, what is the sense of doing this?!", you scolded him but Nichkhun just went on climbing the balustrade.

 

"Let's play some Titanic here, hon. And then die together!", he suggested and laughed hysterically.

 

"No! Worst idea ever!", you told him and moved towards the balustrade. "Come in now! Khun, you're totally drunk!"

 

"Drunk?", he started laughing in drunken amusement. "I don't get drunk - I get awesome."

 

You wished he wouldn't act like a little child right now and his words just made you shake your head. "Stop this nonsense and come in now!", you repeated your request, causing his mood to switch 180°.

 

"I don't want to! I don't want to live in a world without you!", he sulked and loosened on of his hands of the balustrade. Inside the others started panicking all the more.

 

"Hey! Stop it now!"

 

"I won't stop! You used me! You broke me! And at the press conference you denied everything! You're a liar, ____! I wouldn't have expected this from my best friend!"

 

"You're my best friend, Khun! I'm worried right now so come back inside! Please!"

 

Nichkhun looked at you and switched the language into korean just to make everyone understand what was going on.

 

"If I come back inside...will you marry me?", he asked you.

 

You gulped and thought of Kyuhyun who was standing just a few meters behind you.

 

"No, I won't.", you answered.

 

"Then I won't come back again. Marry me or I'll jump!", Nichkhun decided his actions to rely on your actions.

 

And with this he crossed Kyuhyun's line of patience.

 

"Come inside immediately, you punk!", the Super Junior maknae snarled at your Thai ex- boyfriend and tried to drag him off the balustrade.

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?!", Nichkhun shouted angrily and then the fight between the two guys started when Nichkhun suddenly punched Kyuhyun right in his face.

 

Kyuhyun struggled backwards and Nichkhun jumped off the balustrade to get close to Kyuhyun.

 

"Give me back my girl, you !", he shouted furiously before Kyuhyun hit him back.

 

The two guys were fighting each other, hitting, kicking and pushing them until Nichkhun managed to catch a second of Kyuhyun being careless). He grabbed Kyuhyun's collar and pressed him against the balustrade.

 

"I swear I'm going to kill you!", Nichkhun growled at Kyuhyun and started chocking him. "If killing myself doesn't work, I'm gonna kill you!"

 

"Nichkhun, no!", you screamed in panic and tried to drag Nichkhun's arms to make him lose hold of Kyuhyun who was starting to choke.

 

"I swear by god, if you kill him, I'm the one jumping off this balustrade right after! So let him go now!"

 

Nichkhun wasn't even listening anymore. He was way too focused on choking Kyuhyun. Luckily Taecyeon was coming from behind and ripped Nichkhun away from your boyfriend.

 

"Stop it now!", he shouted and finished Nichkhun with a fatality punch which made him lose conscience.

 

Once Kyuhyun was freed again, he coughed and snapped for air.

 

"Are you okay?!", you asked him worriedly but Kyuhyun wasn't able to answer yet. He just held still and concentrated on breathing steadily.

 

"What happened to Nichkhun to become like this...? He'd never been like this before....", Wooyoung asked pitifully and sighed. Taecyeon and he carried the K.O. boy back inside.

 

You were just looking shocked at the others while you patted Kyuhyun's shoulder, who still coughed.

 

 

"This is all my fault...!"

 

You hadn't spoken until you went back to the dormitory. And when you arrived everyone was looking at you without a hint of understanding.

 

"You're not!", Donghae told you angrily. "Nichkhun is going crazy at the moment - that doesn't give him the right to kill anyone!"

 

"I totally agree! He should get a hold of himself again!", Yoona said and sighed. She was extra angry because Nichkhun's acting had made it impossible for her to spend the evening with Taecyeon. He and Wooyoung had to babysit Nichkhun.

 

"But I messed everything up...because of me my group is on hiatus now. Because of me the group is split again. Because of me my best friend went insane...I don't want all of this anymore... I just want some rest...and that everything is like before again.", you begged and started crying. This all was bothering you a lot. Especially because you felt responsible for all the bad outcomes. You could totally understand the anger and hatred of everyone towards you.

 

Kyuhyun hugged and sighed, gently patting your back. Yes...The music industry was no playground. It was a world of chaos and disaster. And you had just become the witness of one of its cruel faces.

 

 

Kyuhyun stayed with you the whole night and when you woke up in the morning a lot of the girls were already gone.

 

"Since we're on hiatus, they all went to see and live with their families for a while.", Taeyeon explained to you while packing her own stuff when you walked into the living room.

 

"Oh...I see...", you agreed and watched her.

 

Kyuhyun came out of the bedroom and passed you girls, shortly stopping to give you a kiss on the cheek.

 

"I've to leave now. Work is calling me back, but we'll meet in the afternoon.", he told you and then left.

 

"Sometimes I wish we wouldn't live in a dormitory.", Taeyeon suddenly spoke more in her thoughts than in reality.

 

"Huh?", you wondered.

 

"Privacy with your boyfriend would be so much better than sharing a small bed with him and a room with a lot of girls, huh?", she pointed at your current situation and chuckled.

 

Compared to you, the others girls didn't let their boyfriends stay overnight because they wanted some lonesome time with them. But Kyuhyun and you just lived with the fact that there was no privacy and that you just could be together the whole night if you accepted the circumstances.

 

"It's a bit narrow, but it's okay. You should try sharing your bed with Kangin oppa, too.", you suggested.

 

"I might be smaller than you, but oppa is a bit bigger and heavier than Kyuhyun. I doubt that it will be as comfortable as with you two.", Taeyeon answered and laughed.

 

You joined her laughter and for a moment it felt nice to be around her. And it covered the fact that you would be completely left alone after she left...

 

Without your unnies the dormitory seemed so empty and unfamiliar, it made you feel even more lonesome and strange.

 

After your failed trying to distract yourself by watching TV because the news were full of the SM JYP couple scandal, you had decided to order some Jajjangmyeon and waited in the kitchen, thought - struck and bored.

 

When the deliverer finally arrived you happily opened the door.

 

"You're ordering food for just you alone? Didn't you think about me when you ordered? I'm hungry, too!"

 

Kyuhyun was staying in front of you, carrying the delivery box which was supposed to be handed to you by a deliverer - not Kyuhyun.

 

"O-oppa....", you welcomed him in confusion. "What are you doing here? Don't you have to work?"

 

"I'm done with work. And forget about the noodles. I have a surprise for you.", he declared.

 

"Another one?", you wondered and caused him to laugh.

 

"Yes, I do. Close your eyes."

 

You were skeptic but did what he demanded and after you had closed your eyes you felt him putting a blindfold and headphone on you.

 

A playlist of your favorite songs was playing, making it impossible to hear anything. You were blind and numb right now - and dragged around by Kyuhyun.

 

He dragged you out of the dormitory....but where he led you then you couldn't tell. You were entering a car, driving for a while...then leaving a car...walking around...and then you were seated somewhere. Did Kyuhyun have the plan to kidnap you?

 

He suddenly put the headphones and blindfold off you again.

 

"Huh?! Did you lose your mind, Cho Kyuhyun ?!"

 

You were sitting in an airplane first class seat.

 

"Where are we going?!", you asked him in terror. "This is kidnapping! "

 

"I can't tell you.", he told you and grinned. "Just be patient...we'll be there in a few hours...and you're not working anyway. Your group is on hiatus. You can't even go home and meet your family while all your unnies are out. So why don't you spend your free time with me?"

 

"But what about your work?", you went on asking.

 

"We're on hiatus until our leader is back from army. So I am free, too."

 

This wasn't appeasing you yet but at least it calmed you a bit. It was still confusing what Kyuhyun was doing but he had some point so you kept being seated quietly and waited until Kyuhyun numbed and blinded you again when the plane landed.

 

He was again leading you around and at some point you felt utterly stupid. More over it got more and more uncomfortable to walk around like that so when he had enough mercy to release you, you felt all the more happy.

 

The ground under your shoes was soft while salty, fishy wind was blowing through your hair and hot sun was burning on your skin. When Kyuhyun released you, you were first blinded again by the bright sun which was reflected on the ocean.

 

"Welcome to the Maldives Islands!", Kyuhyun declared.