No one takes away my prey!

Bad Business

You said no. The first time was a no. The second time was a no. And the third time ways - of course – a no. But Kyuhyun didn't want to give up. He was clinging on you like a monkey on a tree. The thing was, the more he kept being around you, the more you got used to it. It's already been three weeks from when Kyuhyun had asked you first. After your 112th rejection he gave up asking every time and just asked when there was a very obvious chance he could ask.

During lunch time Kyuhyun had become your steady companion, so you had given up early and went over to the SuJu room to have lunch with everyone. The SHINee room you had decided to avoid since Taemin had brought up such a scandal about you two. He was even suspended from schedules because of his behaviour and now the tension between you and the other SHINee members was a bit...weird.

 

In the evenings Kyuhyun either picked you up nearby the SNSD dormitory or called you. You tried your best to keep it a secret that you started dating Kyuhyun, but you acted more than suspiciously so your band mates soon asked you about it.

 

It was Friday evening and the girls started to pack their things for their weekend trips to their families. Only Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yoona didn't pack because they wanted to spend a weekend with you. They even insisted on you staying at home for this weekend so you could spend some time together as a group.

Yuri and Seohyun were in the kitchen to prepare the dinner while you observed the others packing their stuff. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and you were sitting in front of the TV, the two girls discussing about the newest aired drama.

 

“By the way...can it be that you started dating someone ____-ah?”, Hyoyeon asked – it doesn't sound like a typical 'by the way' topic at all!

 

“N-No, I don't.”, you answered sheepishly, getting all nervous and silent about this dangerous topic. You especially didn't want to talk about something like this while Taeyeon was walking through the apartment, watching you with such a judging expression on her face, when she heard Hyoyeon asking you.

 

“Yah!”, Hyoyeon scolded you, “Why are you lying to your unnie?!”

 

“Are you sure? I think you started dating Kyuhyun after the Idol battle on stage.”, Sooyoung commented. She was not even looking at you – but on the TV! So why the heck couldn't she just keep shut?!

 

“It's not like that!”, you denied, now sounding a bit more angrily but helpless at the same time. “Why don't you believe in what I say?”

 

Yoona suddenly entered the living room, sounding very excited.

 

“What are you talking about? Kyuhyun and ____-ah? Are you a couple now? How great! I was worried about it because Oppa told me that you two had difficulties when you started dating!”

 

Shoot.

 

The was Kyuhyun telling Yoona about you?! Whyyyyyy?!

You had loved to give yourself a facepalm but now that Yoona had revealed the secret anyway, there was no sense in denying it anymore.

 

“Thanks unnie...”, you breathed out depressed. “Yes...we're dating...but no...we're definitely not a couple!”, you finally admitted.

 

Sooyoung suddenly jumped up from the couch. “I KNEW IT!”

 

Hyoyeon also started hooting in excitement. Taeyeon was the only one looking at you in shock.

 

“You're dating?!”, Sunny was on her way to the front door to place her stuff there when she caught your conversation. “You're dating Kyuhyun?! Thanks god!”

 

Sunny made a pose of victory, having her hands in fists and praising to the ceiling. “THANK YOU!”

 

“What?”, you voiced out in confusion about Sunny's weird acting.

 

“She's still into Sungmin-oppa. Don't pay too much attention at it...”, Hyoyeon answered you ans shook her head.

 

“Well...”, Taeyeon mumbled. “I guess it's fine as long as you don't get caught by anyone.”

 

 

In the meantime Kyuhyun also got caught.

 

“So how is it between you and the Ulzzang Baby? Did you finally got to the second base?”, Donghae teased Kyuhyun as always.

 

Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Leeteuk were looking up at Donghae in disbelief.

 

“Hyung!”, Kyuhyun tried to warn him but it seemed as if Donghae didn't know about Sungmin's and Kyuhyun's agreement.

 

“I mean you're dating for a while now, so is she your girlfriend now or not?”, Donghae asked and sat next to Sungmin who suddenly turned his face towards Kyuhyun, becoming all pale and having a shade of bitter gloom around it.

 

“You rascal...”, Sungmin started thawing from his ice cold shock.

 

He slowly got up and then everything went extra fast.

 

I'll kill you! I swear I'll kill you!”, he suddenly shouted and jumped at Kyuhyun. There was shock and panic spreading between the guys and when Sungmin started punching Kyuhyun, Siwon and Ryeowook were hurrying into the room. Siwon and Donghae immediately tore Sungmin down off Kyuhyun but he was hitting his fists and legs around everywhere in pure anger.

 

He was the one who was nearest to you! He was the one who always comforted and cheered you up! He was the one who liked you! And then his so called 'brother' took you away from him!

 

“I told you I like her! I told it to you! We had an agreement! And still you broke it!“

 

“Hyung...please...“, Kyuhyun came towards him and tried to calm Sungmin down but he refused, pushed the other SuJu members away and then built himself up in front of the maknae.

 

“Don't come near me! You're not my dongsaeng anymore! And I'm not your room mate or else either, you understood me?! I'm done with you!“ Sungmin passed the others and left the room, fuming in anger. The guys heard the door smashing and then there was nothing but silence.

 

Kyuhyun looked at the others, his glance stuck at the leader who walked towards the maknae slowly to...slap him.

 

“You don't deserve someone like ____-ah!”, he hissed hostile at the young lad. “She doesn't deserve to be plaid around with and then be dumped like all your former ex-girlfriends. This- is- not- okay! I won't accept this and I won't accept you either like this! We're done, too!”

 

The other members watched their leader with widened eyes. What the heck was going on right now?

 

“Hyung...”, Donghae tried to appease the angered man, “Don't you think you overreact a bit. I can understand that you want to defend the little SNSD maknae, we all want to, but abandoning our own maknae for that sake?”

 

“What do you think, you know about ____-ah and me?! I can tell you – nothing! Sungmin can freak out as much as he want, I don't care about that. Because the first one who dated ____-ah and can call himself her ex-boyfriend is me! So just keep like that out! I can't hear it anymore!”

 

Leeteuk also left the room in pure anger.

 

This was it. Super Junior knew about it now...and what did it mean?

Kyuhyun won a girl but he lost 2 of his hyungs.

 

 

The girls were still excited about the new and Sooyoung decided it was time to celebrate. So she made her way to the Supermarket to buy some beverages, especially beer.

 

Each girl, except for Seohyun, was waiting for Sooyoung in the living room with you. Seohyun meanwhile had locked herself in her room, reading books or something similar. Yuri had tried to convince her to join you, but she had refused, telling her that she wouldn't celebrate nonsense.

 

“Yah...we're celebrating once in a while and she says no? What's wrong with her?”, Taeyeon commented on Seohyun's rejection.

 

The ring suddenly bell and made the girls look up in wonder.

 

“Why isn't she just typing in the code as always? Did she buy so much beer?”, Tiffany wondered and got up to check what was wrong with Sooyoung.

 

“Girls...!”, she then shouted when she had checked on the little screen next to the door who was standing in front of the main door downstairs.

 

“It's Sungmin-shi!”

 

“What?!”

 

Sunny and Taeyeon were the first to hurry to Tiffany. You followed then quietly. Tiffany let Sungmin in, already opening the dormitory's door and waiting for him to arrive with the elevator. When he walked through the floor, he pointed at you girls.

 

I'm not accepting it!”, he yelled angrily.

 

The male voice made the girls wince at once. Everyone stepped aside when he made his way through the girls and stopped in front of you.

 

I can't accept it! I won't!“

 

„Whae...? What are you talking about?“, you blinked at him in shocked. What the heck was he talking about?!

 

„Kyuhyun and you! I forbid it! At least until you gave me as well the chance to conquer you!“

 

„You what?!“ Your girls' voices echoed.

 

„If you go out with Kyuhyun, you have to go out with me too!“, Sungmin insisted harshly.

 

You were overwhelmed by his words and glanced at your unnies, looking for help. Taeyeon seemed just as puzzled as you, Tiffany made a face and Sunny didn't look too good.

 

„Oppa...You should take a seat and get rest for a moment...I think you're losing your mind.“, you suggested to him but he refused immediately.

 

„I don't need a rest! There is just one thing I need! A fair chance! You didn't give me one! Now I want one!“

 

You wanted to tell him that you were already more than busy with Kyuhyun but Sunny gently touched your shoulder and turned you halfway into her direction.

 

„Give him a chance...believe me he deserves one.“, she whispered towards you, confusing you just all the more. Didn't she still have a crush on him?

 

„Uhm...uhm...I....“, you muttered.

 

„Do it for me....okay?“, Sunny tried to convince you. You turned a bit around to face Sunny, who looked so sad that you felt bad. You felt like being forced to accept Sungmin's offer.

 

„Okay...I'll give you a chance, Oppa...“ Oh man...Kyuhyun would probably hate you for that.

 

„Whoa...? Really? Thank you so much, ______-ah! I'll swear I'll conquer you with a far better way than Kyuhyun will!“, Sungmin promised to you and grabbed your hands.

 

„Let's meet next Saturday night. Alright?“

 

You nodded silently and then he gave you a kiss on your cheek. You had taken a step back in irritation but he still succeeded in giving you a quick kiss.

 

„See you then.“, Sungmin said and winked before he left.

 

With a burning cheek you stood there and watched him go. It felt so terribly wrong. With this you would hurt four persons: Sungmin, Sunny, Kyuhyun and yourself. Thinking about Kyuhyun being hurt the most. This was just terribly wrong.

 

 

The rest of the night you had to inform the others about what was going on between Sungmin and you. But honestly spoken, you weren't even sure what it was. This was way too irritating for you and made absolutely no sense.

 

When Sooyoung arrived back at the dormitory and found all of you acting weirdly, Taeyeon informed her what she had missed - and of course she was more than disappointed for having such a thing going on in the dormitory and she wasn't there.

 

“You serious?!”, she voiced out. “ANDWAE!”

 

 

Basically you would have gone to see the Super Junior members at their rehearsal room but you didn't want to meet neither Kyuhyun nor Sungmin the following week. The question if Kyuhyun knew about Sungmin's dating invitation for you flew through your head many times. How was he feeling about it? At least he had stopped calling you, and he wasn't asking for you either...and somehow you started missing that annoying jerk.

 

The days flew away like nothing until it was Saturday and you stood in front of a club. Sungmin had picked you up at the dormitory and brought you to some fancy undercover club. He had promised that you wouldn't have to worry about reporters or stuff because this club was especially exclusive – just for idols.

 

„I promise you will have a lot of fun!.“, he said with a bright smile.

 

„Uhm...okay.“, you replied with an insecure smile.

 

Still you were a bit puzzled why he wanted to visit a club. Did he really wanted a date in a disco? Kyuhyun's dates with you were more...well...normal? It was like world was upside down. The aegyo god Sungmin seemed to be a party prince while the evil-maknae Kyuhyun seemed to be a romantic, little boy...that was way too confusing for you.

 

„Let's go inside.“, Sungmin suggested and already grabbed your hand to drag you into the club. He didn't have to stand in line...he was some kind of special guest or else.

 

Inside it was really full. And most of the people there knew Sungmin. They all greeted him and glanced at you in many ways. Some of them were curious, some of them fascinated...but some of them were also envious. There were different idols and actors you've seen before in TV, so your glances back at them were more...fascinated than anything else.

 

„Sungmin-ah! Didn't know you'd come here tonight.“, a guy called Sungmin and when you looked up you noticed that this guy was...Kim Sangbum! Your absolute favourite actor! You were a fan since you saw him the first time in Boys Over Flowers.

 

„Well then let me introduce you the reason why I'm here...this is SNSD ______-ah. She's my date for tonight.“, Sungmin introduced you to Sangbum.

 

You gasped a moment but then bowed. „I'm glad to meet you!“, you quickly said.

 

„It's a pleasure for me to meet you too. I'm Kim Sangbum.“, he introduced himself.

 

„Yes, I know...uhm...I mean...yeah...“

 

Sangbum started laughing when he saw you muttering and blushing.

 

Sungmin joined him for a minute and then gave Sangbum a slight slap on the shoulder.

 

„I'll go and get some drinks for my date and me...could you take care of her for a minute? I think someone could steel her away from me if I let her alone...“, Sungmin said. The words steal away echoed inside of your head. Kyuhyun was a thief for him...and now you gave Sungmin the opportunity to steal you from him. That was so unfair...

 

„I'll swear I keep an eye on her.“, Sangbum replied and Sungmin went to the bar.

 

„Well...but I think I might be the one who steals you from him.“, he added when Sungmin was out of sight.

 

You frowned and then shook your head. „You wouldn't do that...you and Sungmin-Oppa are friends, aren't you?“

 

„Yupp...but sometimes you have to sacrifice even friendship.“

 

He looked seriously into your eyes and laughed again.

 

„I'm just kidding. You should have seen your face!“

 

The insecurity was still in your face but you managed to pretend to laugh as well.

 

„Well...it would have been a pity...because I'm a SoEulmate-Shipper.“

 

Sangbum's laughter disappeared.

 

„You really are? Well then I have to disappoint you...Kim SoEun has another boyfriend. For a long time already, I guess.“

 

Your eyes widened after he told you about this. Kim SoEun had a boyfriend? One that was not him? Did that even mean that they have been dating in the past for real?

 

„Oh...“, you made surprised.

 

„I'm back~!“, Sungmin sang happily when he arrived with the glasses in his hands. He gave you one of it. A sweet but still a bit sharp fluidity was in it.

 

 

Sungmin didn't leave a chance out to introduce you to everyone he knew in the club. Most of them knew about your date what surprised you a lot. Sungmin seemed to be more than proud because you said you would go on a date with him. That caused you an even worse conscience.

 

The night was full of new people to meet, some dances with Sungmin and a lot of drinks.

You two ended up at the roof of the club because Sungmin didn't feel well after the couple of drinks.

 

„How come you can drink so much...?! That's impossible!“, he complained and leaned against the banister. He looked up into the sky and then back to you.

 

„I'm half German, don't forget that.“, you answered and chuckled.

 

„Right...I forget about that a lot of times...“, he mumbled and then sighed.

 

You went next to him and also leaned against the banister to see what he was looking up in the sky for. The stars were shining brightly, just like the moon. It was a nice night. A romantic one...you were sure Kyuhyun would have loved it. Wait! Why were you even thinking about him now?

 

„Why do you like me?“, you suddenly asked Sungmin. He glanced at you in wonder.

 

„Why I like you?“, he asked.

 

„Yes...why do you do? I mean...I don't get it.“ You couldn't even understand why Kyuhyun liked you. Everything was like a dream to you. Not always a good one...but it was worth everything.

 

„I told you about my relationship with Soonkyu before...you know, after it I felt like I could never trust in women again...you gave it back to me. I can talk about a lot of things to you...things I could only talk to Soonkyu before.“, Sungmin answered after he thought about it for a while.

 

„Like Sunny-unnie?“ You felt more like a scapegoat or a refund. „Are you sure you're not using me as a refund? An alternative to my unnie?“, you asked him seriously.

 

„You don't believe I really like you?“, he asked you back. You found disappointment and anger in his voice.

 

„I'm asking you about that. Just to know, not because I'm already thinking it's like that.“, you informed him.

 

Sungmin calmed down a bit. „No...I don't think like that...“, he said.

„Soonkyu is one of a kind...and you are also. There is no way to be an alternative.“

 

Yes, there was. There always was. You didn't have to be like someone to be the refund. If there was hope, people always tried to grab it and make it stay. That is what you learned your whole life. Before you went to South Korea you're life wasn't easy...you had to deal with a lot of struggles and problems. All of it made you think about your own point of view. The refund thing.

You had been broken hearted because of Leeteuk and now suddenly Kyuhyun confessed his feelings to you. It hadn't even been a long time when you started dating Kyuhyun then.

Was Kyuhyun your refund? Your hope after Leeteuk dumped you? Who would you really want to be with then? Was it Kyuhyun? Or would you still prefer Leeteuk over him? Was it even fair to date anyone then? From all the guys you still liked Leeteuk best, didn't you?

 

„I think unnie still likes you.“, you suddenly told Sungmin, who looked back at you in shock.

 

„What are you talking about?“, he wanted to know.

 

„I'm serious. She likes you...more than you might think.“

 

Sungmin shook his head. He didn't want to talk about Sunny with you. It made him feel awkward and like you were about to dump him.

 

„It's late...I'll go and get our jackets. You'll wait here?“

 

You nodded and he left you alone.

 

It was silent and lonesome now. Nothing but your own thoughts were beside you and the thought of Kyuhyun as a refund stuck in your head like a chewing gum.

Right now you needed someone to hold you and tell you that everything would be alright. You weren't sure about which arms you wanted to have around you: Leeteuk's or Kyuhyun's? Or even Sungmin's?

But you knew: You had to make a decision...sooner or later.