There is something in the air

Bad Business

Since the unlucky event had happened you avoided Nichkhun the best you could – and made Victoria more than happy. You were thankful for every rehearsal you had because it was the best distraction you could think of. And Nichkhun did this one and only favor to you to not come and visit rehearsals anymore. Maybe he got busy himself. Hopefully. You were lucky – you had a lot of rehearsals. The old albums were rerecorded in korean, japanese and mandarin so you had to practice most of the time. The label wanted to promote you with multilingual albums and guess what – it worked.

 

„New schedules for you girls.“, The manager said and handed everyone of a folder in which the schedules were collected in. Yours looked extra thick.

 

„Wow...your new schedule looks busy...“, Tiffany mentioned and looked at the top sheet in your hands.

 

You read it carefully and then looked up in shock. „Battle?“, you asked the manager.

„A dance battle?“

 

„Yes, there is a dance battle planned in which you will challenge some of Korea's best cover dance groups. But don't worry the actual groups on your list will train you.“

 

Why the hell did you have to fight other dancers? Other groups' dancers? You didn't really get that.

 

„Why do I haveto do that? That's so stupid!“, you muttered very unhappy.

 

„There are some people who say you don't deserve it to be a SNSD member or even misfit SM entertainment, so they want the groups to fight you.“

 

„But she's a SNSD singer, not a dancer.“, Taeyeon promptly said. „That's not fair!“

 

„Of course it's not. That's why she has to practice with the other groups. They will dance together with her to set equal chances.“

 

With your fingertips you touched the names of the groups. SHINee, Teen Top, U-KISS, Super Junior, BEAST, Chocolat, 4Minute, Block B and 2PM. You stopped at 2PM.

 

Oh crap!“, you shouted and the girls' heads turned into your direction.

 

2PM...!

 

Your face went bare while the manager went on speaking without even noticing your facial expression. You couldn't follow his wors because your thoughts were angrily swirling through your head, crushing into each other and causing you a bad headache. The fact that you had to face Taecyeon and Nichkhun again scared you. Right at the moment they enter you would immediately be reminded of the bathroom scene again. And you didn't want that....

 

„By the way: You should read the last point on your agenda. You and Nichkhun should get along very while by now, so you might like that.“

 

The manager's words made you look at the very last point on that stupid sheet of paper, causing you stomache ache additionaly to your headache.

 

„Huh?“ The words 'Duet with Nichkhun' felt like somebody was beating you up violently.

 

„Nichkhun and you are free to choose any song you want.“, the manager informed you.

 

And all of a sudden you felt like being thrown into a lake full of piranhas.

 

 

At least you weren't that unlucky. You had good luck because 2PM was the last group that was named on the list which ment that you would meet them last. So you had a lot of time until you would meet them again. That was what you thought – the reality was completely different.

 

When you entered the SM Office they handed you a timetable. On the top was one name written. Nichkhun.

 

Geeeeeez....!!!

 

You had to meet him first...why?! WHY?!

 

Nervously you walked down the floor to the rehearse rooms. The door of one of the rooms was already opened and a guy with a lot of paper in his hands stood in it, reading something that was written on the sheets. You gulped. Nichkhun was already there. He was all alone, there was neither a Taecyeon nor someone else from 2PM.

You winced just at the moment you saw him and thought of just running away...and then there was he. Your rescue. Your saviour. Taemin.

 

„Oppa!“, you hissed and quickly ran over to him. Nichkhun hadn't noticed you yet.

 

Taemin looked at you in surprise but smiled happily once he overcame the first wonder.

 

„______-shi, what's up?“, he asked you.

 

„PSST! Be quiet!...uhm...please! I have to hide...could you help me please?“, you begged him and he started chuckling.

 

„Hiding? Don't tell me you are hiding from Nichkhun-shi? I heard you would practice with him first...your co-members are already practicing without you, aren't they?“

 

With a short desperate look, biting your lower lip and pulling at his sweater, you showed him how deeply your desire of hiding was.

 

„Okay, okay...come on, I'll help you hiding.“

 

He beckoned shortly at you and you followed him into the SHINee rehearse room.

 

The other members looked up when Taemin brought you in.

 

„_____-shi? I thought we would practice on Wednesday with you.“, Onew said confused and frowned.

 

„We changed the schedule.“, Taemin answered for you and gave you a short side look which you replied with a desperate giggle.

 

„Ah, really? I didn't know that... “, Onew mumbled.

 

„Common, hyung. This is free training now anyway. The choreographer will join us in the afternoon, so why not starting to practice now?“, Taemin begged and the leader slowly gave in to the maknaes plead.

 

The song you had to practice with them was Ring Ding Dong. And it was harder than you thought. You directly did more than half of the steps wrong and the boys most of the time laughed at you because you made funny noises while doing mistakes.

 

Especially Minho and Taemin enjoyed making fun of you.

Taemin started to imitate you everytime he saw you making another mistake until you didn't want to practice with them anymore. Your anger caused even more SHINee laughters.

 

„That's really mean!“, you whined. „How am I supposed to learn it when you always make fun of me...?!“

 

They started laughing out loud and just Onew shook his head trying to keep himself together. „You will learn it – definitivly. But for now time is over. We'll meet again on Wednesday.“

 

„Let's go and get something to drink, you must be thirsty.“ Taemin came to your side and accompanied you out of the room.

 

The two of you went to the vendor corner near the foyer, giving Taemin the chance to ask you a question that was bothering him the whole time.

 

„Why are you hiding?“, he suddenly wanted to know from you. „Don't you like Nichkhun-shi?“

 

Quickly you shook your head. „I like him, that's not the reason.“

 

„So you like him too much?“, Taemin reasoned.

 

„NO! That's not it either! It's just...something happened and I can't face him since then.“

 

Taemin furrowed his brows.

 

„Something happened? So he is the one who likes you too much?“

 

Again you shook your head. Taemin wanted to know the reason but you would never tell him the truth. It was way too emberassing to tell him that you couldn't meet again with Nichkhun because he saw you nacked when you tried to fix that stupid broken shower. The image of the floor with the masses of water and foam on it didn't want to disappear from your head.

 

„I won't tell you,it's to emberassing for me.“, you said and sighed.

 

„Hmm...I won't give up. One day, you will tell me, I'll make you do!“ Taemin seemed as if he really liked that challenge. He smiled at you, handed you the softdrink that the vendor machine spit out and then bowed for his goodbye.

 

„We'll meet again on Wednesday – if you're not hiding from us then.“

 

You laughed at his words and also bowed.

 

„See you on Wednesday.“

 

 

After Taemin was gone, you sighed and looked at one of the vendor machines.

You thought of Nichkhun. He must have waited for two hours already. Maybe he was still there...should you go and look for him?

 

Another sigh escaped your lips.

 

Noona!!!“ A excited shout threw you out of your mind.

 

Noona...that probably wasn't you. You were almost everytime the youngest. But the owner of the voice was heading toward you, waving wildly and having a very big smile on his face.

His face was hidden behind big sunglasses but his curly hair and his lips alone gave you a hint who this person was. Today was the practice with Teen Top, wasn't it? Then this must have been...

 

„I'm Niel! Nice to meet you, beautivul Noona!“

 

His way of talking to you without even knowing you in person until now made you wince. It was so untypical...should you like it? You didn't know.

 

Niel noticed your expression which must have probably shown your thoughts openly.

 

„Oh...uhm...mianhe!“ He quickly bowed. „I'm sorry to be that excited to meet you...but I'm a huge fan of yours!“

 

His words made you wonder again. He was your fan? Seriously? Or was he just kidding? An idol being a fan of another idol...this just seemed so weird to you. But you had to realize early that this was nothing special when the next idol fanboy was on his way to join Niel.

 

Niel-ah!“ Someone was running down the floor and came towards you. It was Chunji.

 

What are you doing here? You can't just run away like this...! We have to prepare our training with SNSD ____.“

 

Niel just grinned at Chunji and pointed at you.

 

I found this beautiful Noona here.“, he said with a proud smile, making Chunji's eye widen and letting him gasp.

 

________-shi!“, he said full of respect and then bowed.

 

I'm your biggest fan~!“, he declared and without your permission he took your hands. „Would you do me a favour and take a photo with your biggest fan?“

 

Yah! You're not her biggest fan! I am!“, Niel huffed and took your hands out of Chunji's. „And don't touch my precious Noona's hands!“

 

Niel's hostility towards his own co-member shocked you more than it shocked Chunji. But there was no time to think deeper about it because Niel directed his next words directly at you.

 

Noona, you will take a photo with me, won't you?“

 

Uhm...uh...I'm sorry...later maybe but now I have to do other stuff...“, you stuttered and wished Taemin back. At the moment this was a bit too much for you to deal with.

 

Later? You mean when we'll practice together??“, Chunji wanted to know. He sounded hopeful.

 

Yes, then we can take a photo...but I have to go now....mianhe.“ You quickly bowed but the guys didn't give up.

 

We can accompany you to your next appointment!“, Niel offered, no, commanded.

 

Yah!“ The sound of Nichkhun's voice was more pleasant than you had expected. The fear of meeting the thai member of 2PM was forgotten while the desire to get away from Teen Top was so strong.

 

You can't leave me waiting like that!“, Nichkhun scolded you without even looking at one of the two boys. He just grabbed your wrist and dragged you with him.

 

N-NOONA?!“, the two boys were calling you but you didn't turn around, you didn't response. You just let Nichkhun take you away from this weird situation.

 

Where were you?!“ Nichkhun sounded more than angry after he closed the door of the rehearse room behind him. I waited for you the whole time! You knew we had to meet!“

 

His anger caused you a really bad conscience. Of course you felt bad but seeing him again made you even feel uncomfortable. With a quick side look you avoided to meet eye with him.

 

What is wrong with you?!“

 

I'm sorry...“, you said. „...but I had to practice with SHINee...“ That was a bad excuse and a lie but at least it was what you really did.

 

Is it because of the bath-“, Nichkhun wanted to point but you stopped him immediately.

 

Don't say it!“, you interrupted him harshly and shut his mouth quickly with your hands. „I don't wanna hear it...ever again...please.“

 

You know you don't have to be emberassed by that...it's okay. I just pretend like there was nothing, okay? We'll never talk about it ever again.“ Nichkhun murmured through your fingers. That was a nice promise but still you felt awkward around him.

 

Really?“

 

He finally put your hand away of his mouth.

 

Yupp...well...except for if I see you for another time, then I can't promise not to mention it again.“ He chuckled and you hit him softly against the chest.

 

Don't make fun of me! You know you will regret it!“, you warned him but now laughed as well. „I'm sorry I let you wait...“ Your tone changed and your bad conscience won over you.

 

That's no problem...I can forgive you this time. But tomorrow you have to meet me, promise me to be there.“ Nichkhun held out his little finger for a pinky-finger swear.

 

Okay, I'll promise.“

 

 

After Nichkhun let you go again you had to meet the girls to practice a Super Junior choreography together. Of course you would have prefered to practice with SuJu and Leeteuk themselves but they were still on tour and there was no chance to meet them beforehand. At least they would come and join you at the dance battle itself.

 

On your way to the room you passed by a guy, leaning against the wall and looking at you. He was looking intensely at you even though you didn't know him. He somehow looked familiar to you but you couldn't remember you've ever met him before or not. The guy was not saying anything. He just looked at you... this behaviour was somehow creepy. It would be the best to just ignore him.

So you quickly passed him by and hoped not to meet him again.

 

 

To practice Bonamana with your unnies was okay. But to practice with Teen Top afterwards was not as easy as you thought. Niel and Chunji always fought over who should explain the steps to you until L.Joe started to show you how it worked. Even after you were done with today's practice Chunji and Niel fought about who could take a picture with you first.

 

It was like a release to look for an ideal song with Nichkhun the next day though he wasn't that easy to decide with. Nichkhum himself chose lots and lots of lovesongs you all refused.

 

Isn't there any song we can sing that is not a lovesong?“, you asked him, getting more and more annoyed.

 

That's quite difficult...most of female-male duets are lovesongs. If you have one in mind that is not, let me know.“

 

In the end you two found a matching song. After searching through the world wide web you decided to perform 'Empire State of Mind' by Jay Z and Alicia Keys and Nichkhun even left the rapping part by Jay Z to you while he sung the female lines.

 

People will wonder about us singing that song like this. Maybe they will even think that we have the typical thai problem of being caught in the wrong body.“, Nichkhun joked.

 

Nichkhun and you started practicing and you were impressed by his ability to sing the female lines that easily. The other way round Nichkhun was impressed by your rapping flow. You two practices until you were interrupted by a sudden knocking at the door. A smiling guy entered the room.. He was an absolutely dream boy, looking more than handsome and laughing in an adorable way. It was U-KISS' Kiseop.

 

„Woah! You're a real rapping genius!“, he said „Now I understand why people say you misfit SM. It really sounds as if you're a YG trainee.“

 

While Kiseop was talking, Nichkhun checked on the time.

 

„Oh my, time ran out way too quickly...well...then we'll do the rest tomorrow with the vocal coach.“, Nichkhun suggested.

 

It's already over?“, you asked irritated.

 

Yupp, it's even late. I guess that's why he's here.“, Nichkhun answered.

 

True story.“, Kiseop agreed. „I was already standing outside for 5 minutes but I couldn't help but listen to you two.“, he admitted and chuckled. „So, can we leave?“

 

You nodded and waved at Nichkhun before you left and followed Kiseop to the next rehearse room.

 

Kiseop – shi? Which dance will we practice?“, you asked him shyly. He was your U-KISS bias what made you feel nervous around him.

 

Call me Oppa, ________-ah.“, he said and smiled. „We will practice Neverland. You know that song?“

 

You quickly nodded. „Of course I do! I love it!“

 

Kiseop chuckled and you smiled happily.

 

On your way you passed the creepy guy by again. He was again leaning against a wall and observing you like a lion who was hungry.

 

Oppa...? Maybe I might seem crazy right now....but did you see that guy over there too?“, you asked Kiseop insecurely. Maybe you started to freak out and imagining people following you.

 

He rubbed his chin and his eyes wandered towards you. „Yes...but that's nobody you should spend your time with. Better you avoid him, I suggest. Ahh...here we are. May I introduce you to the bunch of most y men alive?“

 

Kiseop chuckled again and opened the door to one of the rooms. You nonetheless threw a look over your shoulder, facing the creepy guy again. He was constantly staring at you. Creeper...

 

The other members were already waiting and welcomed you friendly. With SHINee you got along better but the U-KISS members – and especially Kiseop – were also like good friends and they supported you a lot, helping you with all of your problems.

Most of the time you talked and didn't practice. It was interesting to hear what they tell you about their label and where the differences betweens yours and theirs were. And of course Kiseop made you prove your rapping skills in front of the others.

 

 

You're still here?“

 

You were surprised to meet Nichkhun in the late evening on the SM floors.

 

Yupp, I visited Victoria-Noona.“, he answered. „How was it with U-KISS?“

 

I like them, it was fun to meet them.“, you smiled at him.

 

Wait until you start practicing with us, you'll have the most fun, I promise.“

 

Really? Why?“

 

Of course – we have Junsu and Wooyoung “

 

You started laughing. „So he is your secret weapon? Not you? Awww...I thought you would have some special moves or else to make me laugh.“

 

Special moves? Me?“ Nichkhun frowned.

 

Of course. Thais always are a bit weird, you know what I mean?“

 

Weird?...Aish! Don't tell me you mean I look gay or something like that! Come here, you cheeky girl!“

 

Nichkhun grapped your wrist and pulled you to him. You tried to escape and turned around. Quickly he wrapped his arms around you and his grib tightened. Your laughters filled the air until Taemin came out of one of the doors and looked at you both – irritated and even a bit shocked.

 

What are you two doing over there?“, he asked. His expression was frozen, there was no hint of a smile or something like that like it usually was.

 

Nichkhun quickly let go of you and took a step away.

 

Uhm...just playing around a bit.“, you explained to Taemin.

 

Ah...alright...well...then have fun. I don't want to interupt you.“ Taemin's voice sounded somehow huffy. He passed you two by and Nichkhun and you changed short irritated views.

 

 

Your next stop on the 'You – Have- To – Practice- With'- list was BEAST. BEAST was next to Super Junior and U-KISS the band you were the most excited to meet.

Happily you walked down the floor to enter the room they would meet you in when suddenly there was again this guy...this creepy guy. You slowed down and strictly looked away. This guy was more than strange...who was he? And why was he hanging around this area like that the whole time?

 

You wanted to pass him by but then his voice made you stop immediately.

 

Long time no see, Candyfloss. Or should I call you Ulzzang Baby by now?“

 

Gladly you were standing next to him and didn't have to face him. This guy creeped the hell out of you. You almost got a panic attack when he turned into your direction. You gulped before you did the same and faced him. Eventhough he was creepy, he as beautiful.

 

Uhm...excuse me...but I don't know you.“, you said and tried to walk again but the guy grabbed one of your wrists. Why did guys always have to grab your wrist? And why did you always fail in trying to get free?

 

„Don't you even think about leaving me behind like this.“, the guy said.

 

I'm serious...I don't know you. And if you won't let me go now, I'll cry out for help!“, you warned him.

 

His response was a simple laugh.

 

You sure you want to do that?“, he asked and held his smartphone right in front of your face. He showed you a picture...a picture of some of the SNSD and Super Junior members together. It was a photo from the day you all went to the theme park.