A date with a jerk...how great

Bad Business

I can't believe I'm doing this...“, you mumbled and sighed when you waited for the jerk to arrive in front of the CoEx Center. You were 5 minutes too early...though you didn't want to come here – especially because the SM Main Office moved to this place.

Plus it was Saturday – the first Saturday some of the other girls decided to stay at the dormitory and hang out together. You also wanted to join them but Kyuhyun was more than good in destroying your plans.

 

„You're too early.“

 

You felt a heavy feeling on your shoulders – hands which moved on your clothes. Immediately your whole body felt like being under electricity. In shock you grabbed your handbag and turned around, swinging the bag high into the air. It was more of a reflex than an act of purpose but it was enough to hit Kyuhyun right in his face.

 

YAH!“ Kyuhyun shouted grumpy when the bag hit his face. „Are you stupid or what?!“

 

The people around you were suddenly watching you which made Kyuhyun hiss in annoyance and displeasure. “Jeez...you're driving me nuts all the time...!”

 

“What did you expect? You scared the hell out of me!“, you replied angrily and snorted.

 

“But who reacts like that? This is almost attempted murder!”

 

“Stop whining, are you a man or a boy?”, you hissed at him and shook your head. “If you're acting like this I'm going home again...gee, seriously...”

 

„Yah...you were the one asking me out, not the other way round. So if someone is leaving, shouldn't that be me?“ He started chuckling and nudged you.

 

“Don't touch me!“, you told him and slapped his hand. “It's not like I really wanted to do this...“

 

You regretted your words immediately as you saw Kyuhyun's glimpse of happiness fading in his eyes. He even looked rather sad and disappointed now. Just as you examined him now you noticed that you two were here in partner looks.

 

“Couple fashion?”, you spoke out your thought, causing Kyuhyun to notice it, too and smirk brightly again.

 

Both of you were dressed in black sweatshirts and simple blue jeans. You had your hoods up and sunglasses hanging on the edges of your collars.

 

“See? It's how the higher mights want to tell us something.”, Kyuhyun claimed.

 

“Nonsense! This is just coincidence!”, you disagreed and put on your sunglasses. “Let's go!”

 

 

For a while you were following Kyuhyun without even knowing where he was leading you to. You haven't been to the CoEx Center before but when you even passed the aquarium you felt a bit awkward. Which places would await you in here?

 

There were several coffee shops, a Samsung Store and even more...and then there it was – the movie theatre.

 

„We'll go and watch a movie. I'll go and get the tickets.“ Kyuhyun pointed at the entrance of the theatre and started walking.

 

Did he really want to watch a movie with you? You frowned just at the thought of it. It seemed unnaturally corny. No matter how much he tried to impress you – this couldn't be one of his own character traits. No way!

 

„I bet he'll fall asleep during the movie just like last time...“, you muttered and trotted to the cinema center in which a curved TV wall was installed. The sound was booming from each side so you weren't able to notice Kyuhyun, who had sneaked up from behind again.

 

“____-ah!”

 

AISH!”

 

As before your hand bag made an athletic twist in the air before it greeted Kyuhyun's face.

 

GODDAMNIT!”, he cursed. “You should carry a warning sign around your neck!”

 

Kyuhyun sounded calmer than before. He didn't get upset that easily anymore. Instead he just rubbed his face and waved at you to follow him to the snack shops.

 

The scent of garlic popcorn, kimchi fries and shredded fish straps were lingering in the big hall.

 

“You want some snacks?”, Kyuhyun asked you. “Sweets? Popcorn? Something to drink?”

 

You just shook your head. “I'm alright.”, you told him. It was very uncommon for you to let someone buy food or other things for you if you didn't like the person too much. It just didn't feel right to you. And even if you liked the person you still would pay for yourself...because somehow you wanted to be an independent person who did not have to rely on others. Especially not on men.

 

“But this would be a quite bad date if I can't even buy you something to drink.”, Kyuhyun complained about your decision to stay completely sober.

 

“Nah. It's enough that you paid the movie ticket for me...that's even more than I would have asked you for.” Because what you had asked for was nothing. Yes. Nothing.

 

It couldn't be helped. No matter how much you felt sorry for Kyuhyun who obviously tried hard to make this become a nice date, you couldn't enjoy it too much. This was not a real date. It was a favour you owed him for being that rude during a stage performance. And you told yourself several times that this would be the last time to date Cho Kyuhyun. Seriously.

 

“Well then...I buy something for myself.”

 

After Kyuhyun bought a bagful of candies, he led you into the movie theatre auditorium. You didn't know which movie Kyuhyun had chosen but you begged in secrecy that it was no horror movie. The last thing you wanted to happen was that something like in the horror ride at Everland would repeat.

 

While you were worrying about the movie, Kyuhyun had started eating the candies with pleasure.

His strange noises – he was producing them on purpose! - which should have been pleasurably notes to the taste of his sweets, made you watch him eat. Though you didn't want to eat some, you were staring at Kyuhyun as if he was a monkey at a zoo who had figured out for the first time that bananas were edible.

 

“Want some, too?”, he asked you playfully. “Then come and get you some~!”

 

He placed one of the candies between his teeth and moved his eyebrows up and down, causing you to furrow yours and flinch back in disbelief.

 

“Not in this life!”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. He wouldn't give up on it, would he?

 

“Which movie are we gonna watch tonight?”, you asked him to change the topic.

 

“Well...I chose something to get some romantic atmosphere.”, he answered and left you unsatisfied.

 

“What does that mean?”, you wanted to know. “A romance?”

 

“Far from that.”, he responded and started chuckling.

 

“You...you didn't...!”

 

“I know how scared you are of ghosts and stuff...so why not having you grabbing my shirt again and pressing your body against me, huh? My lap is free for you tonight. You can over right now, if you wish to.”

 

„You – are – a – bad – person!!!.“, you complained grumpy, making Kyuhyun laugh in amusement.

 

“You don't want to? Then how about this?” Just to provoke you, he held out his hand to you.

 

“No way!”, you huffed and sat down on your own two hands.

 

“Did you just...?” Kyuhyun watched you in disbelief for a few seconds before he burst out into laughter. “Oh man, you're hilarious!”

 

Once the movie had started you two became all silent. The beginning was not as terrifying as you had expected but still the exertion felt horrible. As much as you concentrated on the movie (or to be honest to direct your eyes into one of the corners of the room, so you wouldn't see any scary scenes and Kyuhyun wouldn't even notice), Kyuhyun's eyes were captured by your hands. When you caught him observing your hands, he didn't even notice that you were looking at him. His hands were even twitching around nervously.

 

Never ever!, you thought as on the screen a horrible face appeared, screaming loudly, causing you to scream even louder.

 

“KYAAAA!”, you squealed and grabbed Kyuhyun's shirt at his chest, throwing yourself at him like a heavy sack of rice.

 

Kyuhyun, who remained irritated in the beginning, started laughing and patted your shoulders.

 

„Why taking the hand, when you can have my whole body, huh?“, Kyuhyun asked you.

 

„Shut-up!“, you barked but in the very next minute the ghost mutant appeared again and again you were squealing and burying your face into Kyuhyun's chest. Even if it was amusing him. Even if this was exactly what he had wanted to happen...you didn't dare to look up a second time. Instead you remained in this position, breathing in Kyuhyun's way too attracting scent while grabbing the cloth of his sweatshirt as strong as possible.

 

Just after ten minutes Kyuhyun suddenly got up and dragged you out of the auditorium.

 

“What's wrong?”, you asked him confused.

 

“It's no fun to watch a movie when you're acting like this...I mean... I'm a gentleman. I can't just simply use your fear to have you that near to me. That's no fair play.”

 

For a minute you stood still and glanced at him.

 

“What's wrong with you now?”, he wanted to know, getting a short nod as an answer which he wasn't able to understand.

 

“I see...”, you just mumbled. A gentleman, huh? You weren't quite sure if it was right or simply his scam.

 

„Let's take a walk, I have to go a bit...my legs are falling asleep, I guess.“, you suggested and Kyuhyun didn't object. You two were strolling through the CoEx Center without a certain destination until you came across an Arcade Games Corner.

 

„Whoa!“, you said and pointed at it. „Let's go there!“

 

Kyuhyun was about to notice it when you were already running towards the first game machines.

 

„You're playing video games?“, Kyuhyun asked you sceptically when you had stopped in front of a machine and looked for your purse.

 

„I don't simply play them – I already mastered this beautiful kind of art!”, you told him and started the machine. It was a Zombie Survival Game machine for two.

 

“Let's fight!”, you shouted in excitement and grabbed one of the plastic guns which were meant to be used as controllers. “Or are you scared, little maknae boy?!”

 

„What? Not even in your dreams...!“, Kyuhyun answered huffy.

 

You two were fighting each other hard. Very hard.

 

“Damnit! You weren't joking! You're really good at it!”, Kyuhyun snarled breathless.

 

“If you think this is good, just wait until I get to fight you at a X-Box or a PC!”, you warned him and laughed with a winning smile.

 

Kyuhyun gazed at you, fascinated by your happiness. This honest laugh, this pure joy. He hadn't seen it on you before. And he had to admit that it was the most beautiful he had ever seen you.

 

“Wow...you're pretty...”, the words slipped over Kyuhyun's lips.

 

Both of you had stopped concentrating on the game. Kyuhyun was still watching you while you slowly turned your head to him, seeing that he wasn't laughing and that there was no irony in his words. It was scaring how serious Kyuhyun meant all of this.

 

“Yah...!”, you slowly found your speech back and directed the gun at Kyuhyun. “You lost...!” The plastic gun made a short clicking sound and then the screen turned bright yellow and red, telling you that you were the winner.

 

Kyuhyun was still not speaking but looking at you like he was frozen.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun...”, you tried to wake him up from this strange trance mood, “...since I won...how about treating me some ice – cream?”

 

“Ice cream?”, Kyuhyun asked.

 

„Yupp, a soft ice. Go and buy me one.“, you demanded and put a satisfied smile on your lips. It felt better when Kyuhyun was a jerk. You rather met him as a jerk than as a romantic love fool.

 

„Okay...I'll be back in a minute.“, he agreed and smiled.

 

While he was buying the soft ice you went outside andsat down on a bench on the opposite of the Bongeunsa Temple across the street and watched other people walking by. It was so strange...being on a date with Kyuhyun.

 

The sad fact that you've never really been able to go on a date with Leeteuk haunted you like a moth the light. This was so unfair...so utterly unfair!

 

„Here you are.“ Kyuhyun was back with the ice cream. He handed one over to you and sat down next to you.

 

„Huh?“ You were torn out of your thoughts and looked perplexed from your ice cream to Kyuhyun.

 

„You're not gonna thank me for that?“ Kyuhyun poked you and again you hit his hand.

 

„Why do I have to? I won this one.“ Cheeky, like you used to be, you stuck your tongue out at him and then laughed before you tried some of the ice cream.

 

„Bah.“ Kyuhyun mugged and then his hand wandered to your ice cream before he pushed it into your face. He started laughing when you looked at him outraged. Your face was full of ice cream now!

 

What was that, you BABO?!“

 

While Kyuhyun was still busy with laughing you did the same like him. You pushed his ice cream into his face, making him look the same like you and now you were the one who laughed.

 

You crazy brat!“, Kyuhyun blustered.

 

You're the crazy brat, not me! That was my pay back!“, you were still laughing at his face.

 

Stop laughing!“ Kyuhyun huffed and then pinched your cheek.

 

He dropped his ice cream first, then yours was following before you two ended up in a fight of pinching each others cheeks.

 

Stop that!“, he told you and dragged you towards him.

 

I'm not even thinking about it!“, you replied.

 

It was more or less a side effect but somehow you ended up kneeling over his lap. This was the first time you had to look down on Kyuhyun. He looked up to you and for a moment you felt like time stopped. Your heart started bumping like there was no tomorrow and then...Kyuhyun touched your face and wiped away some of the ice cream at your lips. His fingers stopped at your chin and he looked deeply into your eyes before he pulled you gently down to him. With his eyes closed, he came nearer and nearer.

 

YAH! What the hell are you doing?!

 

SLAP!

 

After you realised what he was about to do you slapped him in the face and jumped up. Angrily you wiped the rest of the ice cream with your sleeve away and glanced furiously at Kyuhyun.

What was he thinking?! Why the hell did he try to kiss you?!

 

Don't tell me you didn't feel the same like me! I could hear your heart bumping!“ Kyuhyun grumped and stood up.

 

Don't you tell me you really thought I would like to do that!“ You moved towards him and starting hitting him on his chest with your forefinger.

You just can't go around and kiss other people! Not after they broke up with your hyung a short while ago! Didn't you even think about how I feel the whole time? I did not want to come here! I still like Leeteuk! How can you even assume that I'd like to kiss you?!“

 

There was appreciation in Kyuhyun's eyes. He really felt guilty now. Like he did something terribly wrong.

 

Mianhe.“, he mumbled. “You're right...I was a bit...selfish...”

 

Yeah, excuse accepted.“, you said roughly. „And now take me home, this date is over!“

 

Unfortunately you had to walk a long way. Kyuhyun didn't want to take a taxi. The SNSD dormitory was way too near to take one, he had said.

Because you were still angry, you remained silent until Kyuhyun started to say something that made you feel awkward.

 

„I'm sorry.“

 

Astonished you looked up to him.

 

What do you mean?“, you asked him. He didn't look back at you, his eyes were fixed at something that was in front of you. He had his hands in his trouser pockets and was just as easygoing as ever. Sometimes he looked way to cool and handsome.

 

When you had to have the surgery. I want to excuse for what I said. I was really mean...and I didn't even mean it. And for calling you goat girl...and our first meeting. I've been quite a jerk...you must hate me for how I acted until now...I was just...I don't know....“, he confessed.

 

With rounded eyes you quickly looked down so that he couldn't see how this simple apology of his could kick you out of your right mind.

 

„N-Nevermind...I got used to it.“

 

Kyuhyun snorted. “This is nothing you should get used to.I promise I'll never be like this again.”

 

“Can I ask you something?”, you asked Kyuhyun who shrugged.

 

“Go for it.”, he told you and placed his hands in his pockets.

 

“Why did you even want to take me out on a date...why do you...like me?”

 

I actually don't know. It just happened...”, Kyuhyun answered but he wasn't honest to you this time. There was a reason why he started being interested in you. There was a person who was always talking about you. Always keeping you up in his conversation topics...and this person was not Leeteuk.

 

Finally you arrived at the SNSD dorm. You stopped and turned around. Kyuhyun stopped as well and watched you carefully.

 

I'm sorry for forcing you to go out on a date with me.“, he mumbled again. „If I could make up for that again, I promise I would do it immediately.“

 

No need to make this up.”, you told him. “It's alright. I don't need anything.”

 

Are you sure? I could help you...maybe getting along with some of the SNSD members? I heard that you don't get along too well.”

 

It made you suspicious why Kyuhyun knew about all of this.

 

Are you already planning on something, Cho Kyuhyun?”, you asked him.

 

What if I knew how you could get along with...for example Jessica?”, he explained and smirked.

 

Oh...you really are an evil-maknae...but I think we've got a deal.”

 

In fact both of you just had their own profits in their minds. You were thinking about getting along with Jessica. Kyuhyun was thinking about how to get you spend your time with him without being angry about it. And there it was: The solution to your problems was so simple.