Chapter 15 - Over

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Football Field…August 20, 20XX]

Lei approached Timothy, who was sitting in one of the stand in the field. When she was near him, she saw the black eye and the busted lips and she wasn’t proud that she actually felt happy that Erika did that to Timothy for her.

“Are you okay?”

“Y-Yeah, it’s nothing. I deserved this.” Timothy wiped the seat beside him and motioned for Lei to sat down, which she did. “So, why did you call me out here?”

“Do you remember our first date? You took me here, the most unromantic place I know.”

“Well, you’re the first person I took to a date. I never really had any experience with relationships before, it was always just hook-ups.” he stated and Lei nodded as answer. “Look, I’m really sorry. I should have told you what I feel before doing what I did.”

“Hmm…” Lei hummed, taking a deep breath before asking. “Why’d you do it?”

“What?”

“Why did you cheat on me?”

Timothy contemplated whether to tell Lei the truth or not, but considering that this may be the last time they’ll see each other, he decided to tell her the real reason. “I…lost interest in you, I guess. I mean, it was nice at first when I was just trying to court you but when I got you, I realized that…I miss the chase. I’m really sorry, no offense.”

“None taken.” Lei answered with a bitter chuckle. “I can forgive you, but consider the fact that I could also forget about you.”

“Yeah, I totally understand that. It is better to erase every momeries you have with me. That way, you can easily move on.”

“Did you…loved me, even just a little?”

“I did.” Timothy looked at Lei and gave he a sad smile. “It’s just that…old habits die hard, especially if isn’t enough to kill.”

“So, I wasn’t enough?”

“No. No, Lei. You’re more than enough, you’re perfect. It’s just that…you’re not for me. I will never deserve you. I will never be someone who deserves anyone. That’s how it is.”

“That’s not how it is, Timothy. Everyone deserves to be loved, even you.” Lei reached for Timothy’s shoulder and patted it. “I’m just not the one you wanted to be with.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know how there’s always a line between us?”

“My playboyness?”

“The girl you left in America.”

“What? No!”

“Yes.”

“We’re through. I don’t love her anymore.”

“Yet, you did. And you still do, she’s the line between us and you will never be happy as long as you’re caught up in the middle. Go and settle things with her, then be happy.”

“Lei…I was happy with you.”

“Not as happy as you will be if you’re with her. It’s fine, I’m good. It doesn’t matter if I was just a rebound.”

“You’re not just a rebound, you’re my bestfriend before being my lover.”

“Well, as your bestfriend…I want you claim the one that got away, so that you’ll be happy. If you won’t do it for yourself, do it for me. It’s my last wish as your girlfriend.”

“So, we’re breaking up?”

“Our relationship doesn’t have any direction now, so yeah. Let’s just break up, for both of our sake. You’ll finally be happy, I’ll finally moved on.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yeah, as sure as I was when I allowed you to be my boyfriend.”

“And isn’t that a decision you regretted?”

“Then, this will be the second time I’ll make that kind of decision.”

“Lei…”

“Timothy, please. Go after her.”

Timothy let out a deep sigh before nodding. “If that’s what you wish, then I’ll grant it.”

“Thank you.”

“No, Lei. I should be the one thanking you. You really are perfect, you know.” with that, Timothy kissed the top of Lei’s head one last time before walking away.

Lei watched Timothy walked away and was a bit confused when he came back running. He whispered something in Lei’s ears before leaving completely. When he was out of sight, Lei looked down and started to tear up again. She doesn’t want to cry but couldn’t stop. Until…

“Son Lei Min?”

Lei looked up and her eyes widened at the sight. “OMO! KIM TAEHYUNG?”

V laughed and nodded his head. “Where’s Timothy? I need to talk to him.”

“H-He already left. But…you can probably still caught up with him.”

“Alright. Thanks.” V smiled his famous rectangular smile and hugged Lei. “It’s alright, Lei.”

Lei was shocked when V comforted her, she figured that he probably knew what’s going on. But nevertheless, she hugged back and they stayed like that for a few seconds before V broke the hug to ran after Timothy.

Lei sat there for awhile and saw that the sky was getting dark. She waited for the rain to start pouring but when it did, someone covered her with an umbrella. She looked behind her and saw Erika holding an umbrella for her. Jeril and Anika were sharing an umbrella behind them.

“Guys…”

“Come on, L. It’s time to go home.”

Lei looked at Erika, to Jeril and to Anika and back to Erika before smiling and nodding her head. “Sure, unnie.” she stood up and they walked back to the dorm together.

When they arrived, they gathered and sat down on the living room but was engulfed with silence. No one made a sound until Erika grabbed Anika’s guitar and started strumming. Then, she sang.

 

I know that hesitation, because even if you speak from the heart…

It will come back to you as scars.

 

Knowing the song and its purpose, Jeril also joined in to sing her part.

 

I will not say such obvious thing as ‘have strength’.

I will tell you, tell you my story.

 

Erika smiled before continuing to rap.

 

What did I say, I said we would win

I couldn’t believe (for real) could we win or not.

This mirage that isn’t a mirage, did we made it?

(No) I was here, it was you who came to me.

I do believe your galaxy

I want to hear your melody.

How will the stars of your galaxy embroider your sky?

Don’t forget that at the end of my despair, I found you.

You are my last reason, standing at the edge of my cliff.

Live.

 

When I hate being myself, when I just want to disappear forever…

I open one door and there I was in your heart.

 

If you open that door and come in, I’ll be waiting for you there.

It’s okay to believe, I’ll comfort you.

Magic Shop~

 

Drink a cup of warm tea, and look up to that galaxy.

You will be okay, oh, here in Magic Shop.

 

So show me, (I’ll show you)

So show me, (I’ll show you)

So show me, (I’ll show you)

Show you, show you.

 

Lei looked at Erika and remembered the last thing Timothy said to her. “By the way, can you please look after Erika? She may be the egoistical idol that everyone knows, but deep down she thinks that she doesn’t deserve anyone. And I just want you to make sure that she felt love while being in your group. She never felt that way before, since she was always alone. But now that you’re here, please take care of her like the way you took care of me.”

“Why are you staring at my face, President Panda?”

“Unnie…” Lei suddenly kissed Erika’s cheeks and smiled widely. “Thank you. I love you.”

Erika’s eyes widened for a second before she back away from Lei. “Woah, woah. I know I’m everything, but I’m not gay. Sorry, L.”

“Unnie! That’s not what I meant!” Lei whined as she pouted, making Erika chuckled before pulling her into a hug.

“I’m kidding, I know what you meant.” Erika smiled. “I love you too.” she whispered and looked over Lei’s shoulder to gestured for the two to join in, which they did.

The four of them hugged before Jeril asked something. “You know, I was wondering why was Taehyung oppa here.

“I called him.”

“Why?”

“Because when a Kim ruins something, a Kim should fix it back. Timothy ruins it, so I let Taeyhung oppa fix it.”

“It could be you, though.”

“I’m not good at fixing things, I’m good at ruining it.”

Lei looked at Erika with concern but she was only answered with her famous eyesmile, because the only way to hide the pain is to fake a smile.

======================================================================