Chapter 47 - The Leader's Secret

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

“That is what being a Kim really is.” Erika chuckled bitterly. “Everyone thinks that being a Kim is easy cause we’re the most powerful family, and they couldn’t be more wrong.”

“AND YOU KEPT THIS FROM US?!” Lei exclaimed, causing Jeril and Anika to calm her down.

“Lei, you need to calm down. Let her explain first, okay? There must be a reason.”

“There is.” Jeril answered instead, causing the two vocalist to face her quickly.

“YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS?” Anika exclaimed this time, letting go of Lei.

“I told her. And before you react badly, hear me out. There’s a reason for everything, I do everything with purpose.” that got all of them to calm down. “No interruptions, please.”

“I’m going to get ointment for your cheek first.” Jeril muttered, disappering towards the kitchen while Anika and Lei continued to glare at Erika until the dancer returned back.

Lei grabbed the ointment and applied it on Erika’s cheeks instead. “Explain as I treat you.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Erika immediately answered. “Anyways, my parents are perfectionist. I’m sure you already know that, but what you didn’t know is that they don’t know about 4D.”

“You didn’t told them?”

“They would never had agree.” Erika sadly smiled. “They don’t want me in a group, they think it would just be a burden that I have to bring, that’s why I kept you guys a secret.”

“And here I thought we have a no secret rule.”

“I’m sorry. I only kept it as a secret to keep you safe…”

“How would it keep us safe if we don’t know anything about it?”

“Because that way, only I would would be troubled by my own family. I don’t want you to worry more problems, other than finally debuting.” Erika argued. “Do you think that we’ll make it this far if I told my parents about you guys? No, we would not. Not at all…”

The girls stayed quiet, knowing what Erika said was true. Maybe they wouldn’t even be four if Erika had told her parents right from the start. Maybe there wouldn’t be any 4D…

“I was going to tell them once we debut, but they already found out.”

“Do you think they’re going to make you stop being a member?”

“I think? No, Jeril, I know they’re going to make me stop…”

“But why can’t you tell them what you really want, like what I did.” Anika suggested. “They will listen to you, you’re their daughter.” with that, Erika bitterly chuckled once more.

“You don’t know how many times they had declined what I wanted. Do you think I’ve always wanted to be an idol?” the girls were shocked. “That’s right, I don’t. I’ve wanted to be a music producer when I was little, but they said it wasn’t going to bring fame at all.”

“Your family is even wicked than ours.”

“You don’t say.” Erika stopped for a second. “But as a Kim, I had to bring fame. Our family is needed to always stay on top, we need to be perfect…so I followed everyhing.”

“But we’re the first exception…”

“You guys are the only exception…” Erika leaned back at the couch and closed her eyes. “They are going to keep me away from you. When that happens, kindly go on without me.”

“We’re not going to do that.”

“Yeah, we’re 4D. We’re debuting as four.”

“We can’t go on without you as our leader, unnie.”

“If you wait for me, there’s no guarantee you’re going to debut. And I can’t let you take that risk for me, especially that we’ve already come this far. It’s a leader’s order…”

When Erika says it’s a leader’s order, then that means it’s final. They can’t disobey the leader.

“But will you atleast try your best?”

“I always try my best, especially for you guys.”

“Then, we will wait for you to until our graduation.”

“And if I can’t make it, you’ll graduate without me?” the girls nodded. “Alright, we have a deal.” with that, Erika stood up. “I need to go now, I’ll see you when I can…”

“You’ll come back to us, I know you will.”

“I hope you’re right, President Panda.”

They all smiled sadly as they watched their leader leave their own dorm room. Erika gave them one last eyesmile before closing the door and disappearing out of their sight.

Entering her car, Erika turned the radio on and put it on full volume. She took a deep breath before she started driving off towards the Kim Mansion where her father is waiting for her.

====================================================================

This is the shortest chapter I’ve published because I cut it off, the angst is too much. Can their parents just let them have what they want? Geez…