Chapter 7 - Dorm Room 4D

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…July 04, 20XX]

Jeril put the key in the keyhole and turned it around to unlock the door. After unlocking it, she opened it wide so they could enter their new dorm room. It was huge than any dorm room in the dormitories.

The room has a kitchen, dining table, living room, 2 double-deck, 4 study table and all appliances were present. It seems like the dorm room is perfect for four person, the four of them.

“Can I please take the lower bunk bed?” Erika asked as she put her bag in the lower bunk bed on the right side “I’m always too tired to climb up the upper.”

“Sure, no problem.” Lei answered “How about you, Anika? Are you taking the upper or lower one?”

“Lower. I’m scared of staying in the upper one.”

“Then, Jeril and I will take the upper bed. I actually like upper beds.”

If you wonder how they got there, the reason is Jeril’s mother. She called Jeril telling that she arranged the dormitory for them to be roommates together. They are now going to live together in this dorm room, the biggest dorm room in Sae Young Dormitories…Dorm Room 4D.

They arranged their clothes and things and eat lunch after cleaning up the place. While eating, Anika has something in her mind and Erika noticed it, as always.

“What’s on your mind, Choi?” Erika asked, making Anika caught off-guard “I know you want to ask something. What is it?”

“Ahh…it’s nothing.”

“Come on, you can ask anything.”

“Well…I was just wondering if you know how to cook.”

Erika choked on her food “W-Why are you asking that all of a sudden?”

“Because you were always described as ‘perfect’ since you’re a great singer, rapper, dancer, actress and etc. I wonder if you’re also great at cooking.”

“Actually…I am. I’m perfect, Choi.” Erika answered confidently with a wink “However, I never got to cook because of my schedules so I often eat foods from restaurants or foods in convenience store.”

“That’s not healthy.”

“I know. That’s why one of my roommate rules is that our dorm must always have home-cooked food in the table, especially when I arrive.” Erika stated “Let’s make some roommate rules and regulations after eating so we could live peacefully without fighting.” she joked but said it in a serious tone

After eating, they continued cleaning the remaining places to clean and finally settled in the couch after. They grab some paper and pens to write their rules with. After a few minutes, they all came up with rules. They were only allowed to give four personal rules while the general rules doesn’t have limits.

“Let’s start with general rules, first.” Erika started “Household chores must be divided into four members equally.”

“Agree.”

“Wait…” Anika interrupted “If we divide the household chores equally, that’s kind of unfair for Ked.”

“Right, she’s always tired.”

“Then, Anika should take care of my chores. You’re the mother of the group, please take care of our house well.” Erika joked but Anika nodded anyway “Ya, I was just kidding.” she said with a chuckle

“Ani, it’s fine. I understand how idols work because I was always watching them in my father’s entertainment so it’s fine.”

“I won’t trouble you, eomma.” Erika answered with aegyo, causing Jeril to cringe while Anika was resisting herself from smiling “Then, you can take care of my chores only if I’m too tired to do it.”

“Alright, deal. But don’t force yourself to do chores when you know you’re tired.”

“Yes, eomma.” Erika said with a salute “Then, let’s proceed to the next. General rule two, unnies and maknaes roles are applied. Meaning, maknae line will listen to the unnie line. Anika and I are the unnie line and at the same time, the parents of the group. You two are the maknae line.”

“Wait, wait. Why am I in maknae line when I’m just younger than Anika by 2 months? She’s in April while I’m in June, in the same year.”

“You’re in the maknae line because you act immature and childish. Period.” Erika answered savagely

The three stayed silent, it was their first time hearing Erika’s savageness in person. They heard and saw in YouTube some videos that show Erika’s savageness. Their thoughts were interrupted when Erika laughed heartily.

“Don’t take that personal, Jeon.” Erika stated “I didn’t mean that to be an insult. It’s just the way I talk. I’m sorry if I intimidate you with my tone.” she added with a chuckle

“A-Aniyo, it’s fine. I-I wasn’t intimidated.” Jeril lied when she was indeed intimidated with Erika

“Alright, then. Moving on…” Erika said then continued stating the general rules which is some simple rules that is often presented to a normal family “Next is our personal rules. Let’s start with Lei’s.”

“Okay, so…I’m not always serious but when I do, you must always listen to me.”

“Got it.” the other three answered

“Whenever I focus, I don’t want anyone to interrupt me. And lastly, I don’t want to get order a lot.”

“You’re the maknae, ofcourse we’ll order you.”

Lei sighed “I knew it. Tsk, fine. Three against one so I guess I can’t decline. But be fair to the maknaes.”

“We’re always fair.”

“Then, next. Jeril’s personal rules.”

“Don’t disturb my sleep, don’t climb my upper bed without permission, don’t interrupt when I focus on something and most of all, don’t wake me up early.”

“Alright. How about Anika’s rules?”

“Don’t disturb me when I’m busy. Don’t be loud especially when I’m studying. You can only be loud if no one is sleeping or doing something. Lastly, always keep our dorm room organize or else…”

“Yes, eomma.” the three answered in unison, causing Anika to glare at them

“Don’t call me ‘eomma’.”

“Then, let’s move on to my rules.” Erika said, ignoring Anika’s complain “Never ever disturb me, especially when I’m tired or in a bad mood. You don’t want to know what will happen if you do.”

The three youngest gulped as they listen to their oldest unnie’s rules.

“There should always be foods in our table when I came home. We won’t have curfew, however, you must always be safe and update me in where you are and what you’re doing because if something happens to you, I’ll be the one in trouble since I’m the leader and oldest. Do you understand?”

“Yes, leader-nim.”

“Great, that’s all for our rules and regulations.” Erika stated “Now, how about we introduced ourselves to each other before we officially became roommies.”

“Why don’t you start?”

“Alright, then. My name is Kim Erika Dane, initial is K.E.D that’s why my stage name is Ked. I was born in Manhattan, New York in USA and my mother is American so I’m half Korean and half American.”

“So, that’s why you’re a blue-eyed citizen.”

“How did you know my eye color is blue, Jeon?”

“Personal information in the school files…”

“Stalker. But anyways, yeah. My real eye color is blue but I wore different colored contact lenses since my eyes are damaged due to use of gadgets. Next is…my birthday is on November 11. I’m a Scorpio.”

“Scorpio is the worst sign…I mean, they’re the sign that you shouldn’t mess with.”

“That’s right. Don’t mess with a Scorpio.” Erika said with a smile in her face “Now, how about Anika?”

“Choi Anika Iniel, born in the Philippines, half Korean and half Pilipino, real eye color is brown, born on April 10 and I’m an Aries.”

“The same as me.” Lei interrupted

“That’s all?”

“Yeah. How about you, Chase?”

“Jeon Jeril Chase. Born in Tokyo, Japan and is also a half Korean and half Japanese.”

The others was shocked knowing that Jeril was actually half Japanese “So, that’s why your eyes are extra small.” Erika commented

“I guess. My real eye color is black and I was born on June 27, Cancer is my zodiac sign. That’s all. Next…Lei.”

“I’m Son Lei Min, born in Beijing, China. I’m half Korean and half Chinese. My real eye color is actually gray but I wore black colored contact lenses to avoid some reactions from the other people. I was born on March 26 and my zodiac is the same as Anika unnie, an Aries.”

“Oh, you’re calling me ‘unnie’ now?”

“Since we’re doing the unnie-maknae roles so I guess I need to call you that, right?”

“Right…”

“Well, that’s it. We’re official roommates now. Nice to meet you, guys.”

==================================================================================