Chapter 48 - Grounded

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

Like Erika had expected, she was grounded. Her phone, laptop and all gadgets had been taken away. Even her school activities or any activies at all. She was isolated completely…

She was fine with it, but her father is giving her a cold shoulder and that’s what she couldn’t handle. Her father may not always be there and may be a perfectionist, he would still treat Erika like a real father would treat her daughter. But right now, she was being ignored.

“Eat dinner with us now, Erika.” her mother said one night…

“Yes, mom.” she took a seat and started eating with them.

“Do you have a schedule tomorrow?” Erika shook her head. “Good. There’s someone I want you to meet, it’s a possible business partner and I want you to negotiate instead.”

“Oh, okay.” she nodded her head and continued eating. “Aren’t you worried I’ll fail?”

“Your father decided this, and I’m sure you wouldn’t fail him.” this surprised her.

“You decided?” she asked her father, who looked at her for a second. “Why?”

“Your idol career is falling down, I’m starting to create a back up plan.” her father stated. “I know you’ve made a mistake, so I’m giving you a second chance. Do this one properly.”

“If I do this properly, will you take my grounded period off?”

“No. But I will allow you to continue your idol schedules again…”

“That sounds fair.” Erika nodded. “Who am I meeting up tomorrow?”

“It’s the daughter of Ahn Enterprises’ owner. She’s also an idol like you. Her father couldn’t meet up so he’s letting his daughter attend instead, and that’s what I’m doing too.”

Erika just nodded her head and proceed to eat again, while thinking who could the daughter be? Was this someone she knew? She never knew any of the idols’ profile except TWICE’s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Erika wore her formal outfit. Black jeans, white shirt, navy blue tie and a black blazer over them all. She wore her navy blue boots and headed to the meeting place.

Since it was the daughter, they were meeting in a private restaurant. To avoid being seen by the cameras, Erika had to wear a cap and mask as she entered the venue. Once she’s in, she took it off and looked around for a familiar face of an idol. When she saw it, she’s surprised…

“Ahn Yujin?” the younger idol looked up and smiled her bunny teeth dimpled smile.

“Kim Erika Dane, wow.” she stood up from her seat and shake their hands. “Have a seat.”

“Thanks.” Erika took a seat infront of Yujin. “I didn’t know you’re the daughter of the owner of Ahn Enterprises. You took me by surprise, unnie didn’t told me anything about this.”

“Well, your cousin always keep me a secret anyway.” Erika chuckled.

“You know how people would react, she just wants to keep you safe…”

“I know, but I also wants to tell the world that she’s mine.” and the girl pouted.

“I wonder how my cousin managed to keep up with you, your aegyo is terrifying.”

“HEY! I’ve had enough of Yena unnie telling me that, you don’t need to add up.” Yujin pouted even more. “Anyways, back to the reason why we’re here. Let’s get started?”

“Yeah, sure.” and the two of them started talking about their family business. Yujin already agreed even before she knows it was Erika’s parents cause the business’ surname is Kim and her girlfriend is Kim Minjoo. Call her whipped, but she love her girlfriend. “We’re done.”

“I could finally go back to the love of my life.”

“Thanks for giving time to meet me.”

“Anything to help my in-laws...”

“Speaking of helping, can I ask you a favor?” Yujin nodded, saying it was okay and asking what it was. “I need to borrow your phone, I’m going to call someone important.”

“I didn’t know you’re in a relationship.”

“I’m not, it’s my group members.”

“I didn’t know you’re in a group.” Erika groaned, causing Yujin to laugh. She just loves teasing the Kims. But she handed her phone to the older girl, anyways. “I’ll wait here.”

“Thanks, Yujin.” Erika got the phone and smiled when she saw the wallpaper, it was her cousin. “Damn, this girl is really whipped.” she muttered as she dialed a familiar number.

(Hello?)

“President.”

(KED UNNIE?!)

“Yes, it’s me. Look, I won’t be calling for long. I’m just here to tell you something.” Erika took a deep breath. “I won’t be able to make it up after all, please go on without me.”

(Wha--?) Erika turned the call off, cutting what Lei would have asked her. She couldn’t let herself hear what the girl would say, otherwise she would have changed her mind.

“Here you go, Yujin.” she handed the phone back to the younger girl. “Thank you so much.”

“It’s just a phone, Erika unnie.” Yujin said with a laugh, putting her phone in her pocket.

“You don’t know how much I appreciated that.” Erika smiled. “Take care of Minjoo unnie for me, okay? She is the daughter of Sana unnie and Tzuyu unnie, don’t hurt her.”

“I promise not to. I would rather die than hurt her intentionally.”

“Good. Now, stop being cheesy and go back to her. She’s waiting for you.”

Yujin bid her goodbye to Erika and started to head back to the IZ*ONE’s dorm. Erika stayed inside the cafe for a few moments, calming her thoughts down and properly arranging it.

After that, she stood up and drive back home. Her father was waiting in the living room.

“How did it go?”

“It was great, they’re in.”

“Good. I know you could do it.”

“Yeah.” Erika gave her father a small smile before excusing herself. But before she could leave, her father stopped her by calling out her name. “Yes, dad?”

“I’m sorry for ignoring you.”

“No, it’s fine. You were mad, I get it.”

“It’s not enough reason to forget my daughter.” Mr. Kim grabbed something from his bag and stood up from the coach to give it to Erika. “Your phone, don’t tell your mother.”

“Thanks, dad.” her father smiled at her and went back to sit in the couch. She had already started climbing the stairs, so her dad didn’t saw her smile faded. She doesn’t have anyone to text, what’s the purpose of her phone right now?

===================================================================