Chapter 57 - First Song

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…July 04, 20XX]

The girls were just hanging at their dorm room when they all received messages from their phone at the same time. They grabbed it and opened the message to see it was all the same.

 

Get to Choi Entertainment, as soon as possible. -Mr. Choi

 

Anika’s message says dad, though. But it doesn’t matter cause they all get dressed and headed to the entertainment as soon as possible like what the message had told them to.

When they arrived, they were guided to the recording studio instead of the CEO’s office. Erika had a feeling what’s going to happen but she decided to wait for the own staff to tell them so she wouldn’t ruin the surprise for her members, she wanted to see their reactions.

“Alright. So, Ked may have an idea on why I called you here.” Erika nodded. “And I guess she didn’t told you cause you’re not really excited right now.” once again, she nodded.

“What are we doing here, appa?” Anika asked, looking back at Erika and her father.

“You’re here because…your first song will be given and we’re going to record it today.”

The girls screamed in unison as they jumped around the place, making Erika and Mr. Choi chuckled at them. After they calmed down, Mr. Choi explained everything to them.

“The song is titled Forever Young and it’ll be the title track for your debut album, 4Ever. It’s a full album with 11 songs but we’re still producing the rest so we’ll start with this one.”

Mr. Choi handed the music sheets to them so they could see their parts and who would sing first. And since Erika was the first one singing, she stood up and went inside the booth…

“You already know how to record, right?” Erika nodded. “I’ll just play the song, then.”

Erika adjusted the microphone and wore the headphones then waited for the song to start…

 

Don’t go, just stay

Let’s stop time now, if I’m with you…

I could die in this moment

 

Erika finished her recording and Anika followed in, after her is Lei then Jeril. They managed to create a demo but they’ll have to record a few more to finalize the song completely.

“Alright, we’re done…” Mr. Choi stated. “You can go home now, but come back tomorrow.”

“What are we going to do tomorrow?” Jeril asked, out of curiosity, and Erika answered it.

“We’ll be practicing the song’s choreography tomorrow, your favorite thing of all…”

And Jeril almost squealed, but Jeon Jeril Chase does not squeal so she opted to smile instead. The 4D already knows what she feels when she smiles, because it’s rare to see her do that.

The next day, Jeril was the first one up and woke everyone up with a scent coming from the kitchen. They all followed the scent and saw their main dancer was cooking something.

“Are those pancakes--”

“--or brownies?”

“I tried, okay?” Jeril muttered, raising her hands in surrender. “I was just following the steps at the back and I didn’t know how…it turned out like this. Even I don’t know what it is…”

“Let’s just call it pancake brownies.” Lei stated and took a bite. “Hmm…it’s actually edible.”

“Ofcourse, it is. I didn’t make a nuclear bomb, maknae-ssi.” Jeril said, shaking her head.

“Well…since Chase made an effort to make this, let’s just eat this as our breakfast.”

“I don’t about you guys, but I don’t want to die yet.” Erika murmured, earning a smack in both shoulder from Anika and Lei. “I’m kidding, geez. And stop hitting me, I bruise easily.”

With that, the 4D members sat down and eat Jeril’s…pancake brownies. After that, they headed to the entertainment and was greeted by the best choreographer they could ask.

“Momo unnie!” Erika ran towards the TWICE member and hugged her tightly. “You’re here!”

“I’m also right here, Ked.” a timid voice called out, and Erika turned her head to see Mina.

“Mina unnie! You’re here too!” she jumped up to the other TWICE member and hugged her.

“We’re going to help you with the choreography.” Momo stated. “It was supposed to be your cousin, Chungha, but she was busy so we decided to step in. I hope that’s okay…”

“More than okay, you two are the best dancer I know.” then she faced Jeril. “Yes, offense…”

“I’m going to kill you.” Jeril muttered, glaring at her childish leader before Anika stopped her.

“Let’s just start, shall we?” the two TWICE members nodded and started teaching the rest of the 4D members the choreography of their first song. It wasn’t hard to follow, so it was nice.

After an hour, all of them got the choreography down and started practicing together with the dancing couple before they decided to just dance themselves. Mina and Momo also told them the formation during their parts so they already completed it in just one day…

“After the choreography, what’s next?” Anika asked this time and that made Erika smirk.

“There’s only one thing missing, Choi.” she stated to add suspense. “Ofcourse, it’s the MV.”

=========================================================================

Fun fact: the pancake brownies really happened in real life. C and I went to J’s house and she cooked for us, but the result were…yeah, but it taste good though so we finished it all. I still remembered it up to this day. We always went to J’s house all the time after that but we didn’t let her cook again, unless you considered Pancit Canton as something then she did.