Chapter 64 - Weekly Idol

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[4D Dormitory…August 16, 20XX]

The girls were preparing, because they were going to record their first variety show as a group today and all of them were excited. Their first variety show would be Weekly Idol.

Erika wore a denim shorts and a white longsleeve under a black t-shirt, Anika wore a simple striped black and red shirt and a red short, Jeril wears a plain white oversize shirt under an oversize denim jacket and black shorts, while Lei wore a floral purple shirt and a black skirt.

“Are you girls ready?” Erika called out and the other girls immediately ran out of the kitchen.

“Why didn’t you eat breakfast with us?” Anika mumbled, wiping her lips with a tissue.

“Cause we’re going to Weekly Idol, I’m sure they’re going to cook some beef.”

The girls laughed at their leader’s sparkling eyes with the mention of beef. They hurriedly got out of the dorm and into the car to head down the venue of Weekly Idol.

--

“Let’s welcome the top-searched group that is newly-debuted, 4D.”

“4 different person, 4 different character, 4D! Annyeong-haseyo, we’re 4D.”

“Hello, 4D. Welcome to...” they all dubbed in sync. “…Weekly Idol, yeah. You are now the hot topic of K-Netizens and it’s only been a few days, wow. We’re honored to have you.”

“We’re also honored to be here.” Lei greeted warmly, making all the hosts find her cute.

“Thank you, maknae-ssi.” the female host stated. “How about let’s start now, huh?”

“Let us begin with the introductions, then. So, what does your greeting means?”

“It means that we’re four different type of person but we became a group.”

“I see. Each members has their own charm.” the 4D members nodded. “Alright, let’s hear your intro then, so we could see the different charms and how you’re all different each.”

“Ne.” they all answered and Erika bowed first. “Annyeong, my name’s Kim Erika Dane. Stage name is Ked, in-charge of being the 4D’s leader, main rapper and face of the group.”

“What’s your charm, Ked?” Erika smirked and glanced at the camera to shoot a flying kiss.

“Being girl crush.” she answered with a wink and everyone clapped their hands, except Jeril.

“I think being an ahjusshi is the right term.” that got everyone to laugh while Erika glared at her buddy. “Anyways, annyeong. I’m Jeon Jeril, stage name Chase, the main dancer of 4D.”

“Your charm, Chase-ssi?” Jeril just raised her fist and clenched it tightly. “Oh, you’re tough.”

“Not really.” Anika interrupted. “She’s actually afraid of ladybugs.” they laughed once more but Jeril pouted. “Oh, I’m Choi Anika, the main vocalist and unofficial mother of our group.”

“It’s actually official.” Lei informed. “And I’m Son Lei Min, stage name is L. I’m the visual of the group and the maknae, nice to meet you.” she tilted her head cutely after finishing.

“That was cute, maknae-ssi.” one of the host commented and clapped his hand. “I hope you can still maintain your sunny attitude after our next segment, the 2x speed dance. Start!”

They immediately find their place and danced to the music playing. (2x speed Forever Young)

Erika’s part was slow at first but after that was so fast that even the host was shocked to hear it, they didn’t imagine the beat of the song would be this fast but 4D handled it with ease.

 

I could die in this moment!

 

They all laughed when Anika screamed it out as they danced to the chorus. Then, Erika’s rap came and they all groaned as they danced. Lei and Jeril’s part followed and it was also fast.

The only time they had ease up was on the bridge. But then Jeril’s part after that strained their body once more as the beat was too fast. But they actually managed to end it correctly.

“WOW!” the host exclaimed and clapped their hands for the group. “That was amazing…”

“Give them water.” one of them said and the staff started giving them each a water bottle.

--

“They’ve proven their skills with the 2x speed dance, and now I wanted to see how good they are in all genre of dancing.” the host said. “So now, it’s time for Random Play Dance!”

“Since you accomplished 2x speed earlier, you’re receiving two types of food of your own choice later. And if you win the Random Play Dance, we’ll give you all a wish coupon each.”

“Wish coupon? Like, a coupon that could give us everything we need?” the host nodded.

“Your songs all have choreography in it, so we’ll play all of it randomly. Are you ready?”

“Yes!” with that, the music started. It was their outro, Rain in The Spring Time. “Fighting!”

They started to dance the choreography when it suddenly changed into Serendipity. The girls moved to the side and let Jeril dance her solo song, then came in Rendezvous 18.6y.

All of them were actually doing great, the host had admittedly underestimated this group. They were in a professional level. One second with the song, and they already follow up.

Singularity played, then 24/7, 4 o’clock, then Stigma, Lie, Euphoria, Would U and went back to Forever Young for the last song. After that, they had managed to clear all of the Random Play Dance segment. When they did, they all jumped in celebration together. They made it!

“You kids are seriously…” the host shook his head in disbelief with a chuckle. “…amazing.”

“Kamsahamnida.” the girls thanked him and they all bowed in gratefulness for the host.

“Alright, let’s give you all your prize. Wish coupon for everyone!” they yelled in excitement.

--

After the filming, the 4D members are all holding something in their hands. Erika wished for a limited edition TWICE headphones designed by one of the host, Anika requested for a set of house supplies, Jeril asked for a leather boots, and Lei received a new polaroid camera.

========================================================================