Chapter 6 - First!

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Academy of Art’s Auditorium…July 01, 20XX]

Today was the first unit evaluation and the three members of unit 4 was nervous as hell. They were used to performing alone but now they were in a unit. It made them nervous knowing that one mistake could cause the whole team to have minus points.

Erika noticed the look in her members’ face so she walked towards them and patted their shoulder, making them jumped up due to the sudden touch. They all turn around and looked at Erika.

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?”

“As hell.”

“Language, Jeon.”

“Sorry.”

“Anyways…why are you nervous? You’ve been performing ever since entering this school, right?”

“We always perform alone so it’s kind of scary when we’re a unit. We could cause troubles for you, Ked sshi.”

“Troubles for me? Why? Are you going to screw up our performance?”

“Aniya, but…maybe something might happen that will screw it up.”

“Can you please stop being negative and cheer up? We can do this. Nothing is impossible, remember?”

“Aren’t you nervous, Ked?”

“Me?” Erika asked with a chuckle “Ofcourse, I am.”

“EHH?” they all reacted

“Everytime I perform, I’m nervous as hell. Moreover, different countries are watching. But I never let my fear get ahead of me and not allowing me to perform well. Just remember…no matter how many times you screw up in the stage, enjoy the performance so you won’t have any regrets.”

“Ohh…” they reacted again “Kim Erika is so cool.”

“I know right.” Erika agreed as she wink “Now, it’s our time to rehearse. Remember what I said, okay?”

“Hmm.” the three answered before climbing up the stage

Erika got their microphones and earpiece and distributed it to all members “Try testing the mic.”

“How?”

“Just say random words.”

“Hello, everyone. This is Son Lei Min. Council President, Son Lei Min. Please take care of me.”

Erika showed a thumbs up to Lei then continue to test her mic too “Hello, Son Lei Min. President Panda, Son Lei Min. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.”

Y-YA!” Lei reacted to Erika’s teasing “Stop being cheesy, Ked sshi.” she added, making Erika laugh

“Ah, mic check. Mic check. Mic, mic check.Jeril tried too “This mic is making my voice weird.”

Anika handed Jeril a different mic “Try this.”

“O-Oh…” Jeril agreed and got the mic “Mic check. Oh, it works. Thanks, Anika.”

“No problem, Chase.”

Is everyone ready? Let’s start our rehearsal.” Erika announced and the music started

After rehearsing, they returned to wait for their turn to perform. After a while, it was finally their turn.

“Unit 4 from the fourth year. Anika Iniel, Jeril Chase, Erika Dane and Lei Min.”

They were about to climb up the stage when Erika held unto their shirts. They all looked at Erika with a ‘what?’ look in their face.

“Let’s do a chanting.” Erika stated and put her hand out then the others followed “One, two, three…Unit 4, fighting!” she shouted then they all climbed the stage

They positioned themselves and the music started.

 

Don’t think of anything

 

Everyone was shocked to hear Jeril’s voice. It was a perfect combination of a deep and a high voice. It attracts people to listen. And that’s the reason why Erika made her sing Jungkook’s part, to catch the attention of the audience.

 

Don’t say anything, not even a word. Ayo~ Oh~

Just give me a smile. Yeah~

 

I still can’t believe it

All of this seems like a dream. Ayo~ Oh~

Don’t try to disappear. Yeah~

 

Is it true? Is it true?

You~ You~

You’re so beautiful that I’m scared

 

Untrue~ Untrue~

You~ You~ You~

 

Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me?

If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and shatter

I’m scared, scared, scared of that

 

Will you stop time if this moment passes?

As though it hadn’t happened,

I’m scared, scared, scared I’ll lose you

 

Butterfly, like a Butterfly

Just like a Butterfly. Bu-butterfly

 

Butterfly, like a Butterfly

Just like a Butterfly. Bu-butterfly

 

You’re just like a Butterfly

From afar, I steal glances.

If we touch hands, will I lose you?

You shine in this pitch darkness, that is the butterfly effect

Your light touches, I forget the reality at once

 

It’s like a wind that gently me

It’s like a dust that gently drifts along

You’re there but for some reason I can’t reach you, stop

You, who’s like a dream is a butterfly high to me

 

Jeril can also rap. This gangster is actually talented even though she’s always causing troubles and fights.

 

Untrue~ Untrue~

You~ You~ You~

 

Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me?

If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and shatter

I’m scared, scared, scared of that

 

Will you stop time if this moment passes?

As though it hadn’t happened,

I’m scared, scared, scared I’ll lose you

 

From my heart, a barren noise

I don’t know if this is reality or a dream

My Kafka on the seaside

Don’t go to those woods over there

My heart is still broken over you

The small pieces guttered down darkly

(I just wanted to vaporize like this)

My love that is forever

It’s all free for you, baby

 

Everyone screamed when Erika speaks in English using her accent and plus she winked to the crowd. After the rap, they continued the last part while Erika did the adlibs to the song.

 

Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me?

If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and shatter

I’m scared, scared, scared of that

 

Will you stop time if this moment passes?

As though it hadn’t happened,

I’m scared, scared, scared I’ll lose you

 

Butterfly, like a Butterfly

Just like a Butterfly. Bu-butterfly

 

Butterfly, like a Butterfly

Just like a Butterfly. Bu-butterfly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What do you guys want?” Erika yelled from the drinks station “Softdrinks? Juice? Milk? Choco drink? Or do you want to drink alcohol? I’m old enough to buy.”

“Ya! Stop being a bad influence to the kids.” Anika scolded “Just grab each kind of drinks and let’s go.”

“Should I grab the alcoholic drinks too, eomma?”

“No. And stop calling me ‘eomma’.” Anika complained as she started to walk while Erika pushes the grocery cart with a pout

“Where are the ‘kids’ that you mentioned?” Erika asked, referring to Jeril and Lei who are the maknaes of their unit

“I told them to grab our snacks for the drive-in movie. Is it really okay for you to drive a car?”

“I’m turning 19 on November. I got a license when I turned 18, last year.”

“Woah, how nice. I turned 18 on April but I haven’t gotten to have a license. My dad won’t allow me.”

Erika just chuckled as they walked towards the maknae line. They put the snacks they’re carrying into the cart and they headed to the cashier. Erika paid for what they bought because she was the only one who’s carrying money in them, more like credit card.

After paying, they put the snacks in the backseat together with Jeril and Anika cause Lei chose to sit in the passenger seat while Erika started the engine and they drove off towards the open theater to watch the drive-in movie. Erika parked the car in front and they all went out and sat in the hood of Erika’s car.

The movie started and they enjoyed watching it while eating snacks and drinking different kinds of drink their hands could reach and grab. They were totally into the movie when Jeril’s phone rang so she got it from her pocket and answered the call.

“Hello? Oh, Mom…I’m with my teammates…Thank you…Yeah, we’re celebrating right now…A present? What is it?” Jeril talked to the other line and suddenly her eyes widened “YOU DID WHAT?”

===================================================================================