Chapter 56 - One in a Million

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Choi Entertainment…June 30, 20XX]

It was finally the day of their monthly evaluation, the last misson before they debut or atleast they hope so. They practiced really hard just to win this one so they could debut.

“Because of my amazing luck, we’re going to perform last once more.” Erika annoucned with a grin but none of her members listened. “What’s wrong? Are you guys okay?”

“We’re fine, unnie.” Lei answered with a forced smile. “We’re just a bit nervous right now.”

“Why would you be nervous? We practiced day and night to perfect our performance.”

“We’re just worried that we’ll make mistake somehow…” Anika added this time.

“Didn’t we already talked about this? Our first evaluation as a group in Sae Young Academy, did you forgot about that? You were nervous that time too, but I told you to enjoy it and…”

“And we won.” Jeril finished. “We won because we enjoyed it without any regrets…”

“That’s right. Don’t let fears get ahead of you and perform like it’s the last one.”

Erika was about to say something more to get the nervousness off her members when she felt someone tapped her from behind, she turned around and suddenly felt nervous.

“Mom, dad…what are you doing here?” she stuttered. “Aren’t you supposed to be in USA?”

“We wanted to see your performance.” Mr. Kim answered. “Don’t disappoint us, okay?”

“What your father is trying to say is we’re here to show our support to you in your decision. We were against it so we wanted to see how good you are to get everyone to vote you…”

“Somehow, that doesn’t make it better.” Erika whispered under her breath. “Uhh…thanks.”

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim walked away and been replaced by the rest of the Kims cousin and tackled Erika down the ground, making the rest of the 4D members laugh at their leader.

“Air!” Erika screamed out, causing her cousins to finally stood up. “Geez, you guys are crazy.”

“We learned from the best.” Minjoo muttered, winking at Erika. So, it runs in the family…

“I’m not a barbarian.” the 4D leader stated as she stood up and dusted her clothes. “What are you all doing here anyway? Are you here to pressure me too? Cause it’s not working…”

“We’re here to support you, dummy.” Namjoon mumbled as he playfully smack Erika’s head.

“Careful, Joon. She may get a head concussion before perfoming.” Sowon said teasingly.

“Having you here is already enough to give me a concussion, you guys are really loud.” Erika said with a glare. “You really had to bring everyone, didn’t you? Huh, Dahyun unnie?”

“Sorry.” the TWICE member raised her hand in surrender while smiling her famous eyesmile. “I was curious to see your One in a Million performance so I invited TWICE and…”

“We decided to all come together too.” Taehyung finished as he appeared out suddenly.

“Why can’t you just watch it live? It’ll be broadcasted, anyways.” Erika could just let out a sigh in defeat. “Nevermind. You’re all here anyway, so just go and have a seat will you?”

The Kims saluted at their youngest and went out of the backstage. The 4D members could hear the cheers when the famous idols emerged, causing Erika to sigh once more.

“You’re getting stressed, leader.” Jeril couldn’t help but tease their poor leader.

“Try having a huge family on your shoulder, let’s see how well you’ll do.”

“They’re fun, though.” Lei commented. “I’m an only child and my cousins are all distant, so I admire your family. I wish I had someone to support me right now too.” and then…

“We’re here, Lei.” turning around, Lei came face to face with her own parents this time.

“I called them.” Anika stated. “Jeril’s parents and my parents are coming too, by the way.”

“I’m glad you did that.” Erika whispered at Anika with a smile before walking away. “I’m going to grab them all a seat, just wait here.” then she left the rest of the 4D members.

Lei doesn’t quite know how to act with her parents this time, so she was shocked when they just smiled at her and ruffled her head before following the direction that Erika left with.

“I think they meant that they support you..”

“Yeah…I think they do.” Lei mumbled with a smile.

After a few performance, it was finally 4D’s turn and Erika had returned just in time. They climbed the stage and prepared in their position, waited until the TWICE song …

 

You gotta know that you're one in a million

 

Erika turned around and started walking towards the front, then sang her part as she dances.

 

Look for me, if there's something annoying you

 

Jeril and Lei turned around and started dancing as they sang their own parts…

 

Look for me too in a day full of happiness

 

Those which makes you tired and sick

Take it tome and hand it over to me. Yeah~

 

Anika turned around and joined them in dancing as Erika sing the chorus…

 

One in a million, cheer up, you're something special

One in a million, the only one in the world

 

Then, she emerged from behind and danced as she sing…

 

You're a masterpiece. You are perfect

One in a million, I believe in you, you're perfect

 

It's useless to be mad on those who ruined your mood

When it's unsolvable as you think, temporarily take a deep breath

 

Whatever they say, don't be afraid

Shout out loud with the only voice in the world

 

They repeated the chorus and turned around after, leaving Erika to sing her own bridge part.

 

You gotta know that you're one in a million

I wonder what's the meaning of the special existence

 

Anika and Jeril turned around at the same time that Erika turned back and sang their parts, with Jeril smiling at Anika as she does Jeongyeon’s highnote in One in a Million.

 

Whatever they say, don't be afraid

Shout out loud with the only voice in the world

 

They all turned around to dance the chorus last and sing together at the end of the song…

 

(You gotta know that you're one in a million)

You gotta know that you're one in a million…

 

(You gotta know that you're one in a million)

The only one in the world, yeah~

 

(You gotta know that you're one in a million)

You are perfect

 

You gotta know that you're one in a million

 

With that, the song is finished. They held hands and bowed to the audience before disappearing at the backstage to wait for the result whether they’ll debut now or not.

“And the first place of this month’s evaluation is…” suspense pause. “…4D.”

=========================================================================