Chapter 50 - We're 4D

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Kim Family Mansion…March 31, 20XX]

Today is Sae Young’s graduation day but Erika was just sitting in the couch of their living room. Even though she wanted to come and watch, she knows that her parents wouldn’t allow her.

She was in the middle of switching channels, finding the right one where the live broadcast of their school’s graduation, when the door suddenly opened. She looked up and saw that it was all of her idol cousins who are entering the house right now…

Kim Dahyun, Kim Minjoo, Kim Chaewon, Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung. They all marched towards the living room and sat down on the couch opposite to Erika.

“Uhh…what are you doing here?”

“We’re explaining once your parents are here.”

“Why?” she asked once more but Dahyun didn’t answered.

Erika squinted her eyes in suspicion but decided to let it go. She knows how their family could be stubborn so there’s no point in forcing them to answer, she decided to wait.

It didn’t take long enough for Mr. and Mrs. Kim to come home. And just like Erika, they were also shocked at seeing the new generation Kims sitting on their living room…

“Are you kids having a mini-family gathering?”

“No, aunt. We’re here to talk with you.” RM answered.

“About what?” instead of answering Mr. Kim, they pointed to the couch where Erika is sitting so her parents sat down beside her. “What’s going on? Why are you kids here right now?”

“Like Joon said, we’re here to talk.” Jin stated. “It’s about Erika.”

“We want you to let her attend their graduation.” Taehyung added.

“And if you wouldn’t allow it, then let’s have a bet.” Minjoo muttered.

“To see whoever the crowd likes more, Ked or 4D.” and Chaewon finished.

“Are you kids seriously challenging us?” Mrs. Kim displeasure is evident. “Leave our house now. I don’t want any of you right here at this moment if you’re going to talk nonsense.”

“If 4D wins, you’ll let them train together.” Dahyun said, not backing out. “But if Ked wins, she’ll forget about interacting the 4D members forever and would focus on herself.”

“WHAT?!” Erika exclaimed. “ARE YOU ALL OUT OF YOUR MIND?!”

“That’s the only way we can think of right now, cous…”

“WE’RE NOT GOING TO DO ANY OF THAT EVER!”

“Wait a second…” Mr. Kim interrupted.

“DAD! Are you seriously thinking about this? How cold-hearted can you be?” Erika let out a huge sigh. “Do you want me to just forget about them like that? You’re the worst…”

“But it’s also better to hear the public opinion.” Mr. Kim explained. “So, I agree.”

The kids cheered inside while Mrs. Kim and Erika is looking at the patriarch of their family like he had just lost his mind. And Erika could only sigh in defeat, not bothering to fight back.

“Change right now, Ked. You’re performing in 10 minutes.” Dahyun informed.

Erika cursed her cousins before running up to her room and changing into the nearest outfit. She ran back down again and they drive towards Sae Young as soon as possible.

When they got there, Erika was already being called on stage so she hurriedly grab for an earpiece and microphone then ran up to the stage. She saw her members watching but didn’t have to time to do anything as the familiar instrumental of Euphoria started playing.

“This is Ked’s song for her 4D members.” the emcee, Son Chaeyoung, stated.

 

You are the sun that rose again in my life, the second coming of my youthful dreams

I don’t know what this feeling is, whether this is all a dream

 

The dream is a green oasis in the desert, the ‘a priori’ deep inside of me

I’m so happy I can’t breathe, my surroundings become more transparent

 

I hear the faraway sea, across a dream, over a horizon

Going to that place that becomes clearler

 

Take my hands now,

you are the cause of my Euphoria

 

Erika finished the song and the crowd cheered for her. Before she could come down the stage, Chaeyoung announced that the group 4D is now performing. Lei, Anika and Jeril climbed up the stage but Erika couldn’t say anything as the sound of Heart Shaker started.

They finished the whole song, singing their parts without changing their position as they dance. After the song, instead of going down, another TWICE song started playing…

 

The memory that was pounding my heart is now gone

My memories like the moon and make me swallowed up, so they make me laugh

 

My heart goes tok tok tok, knocking knock knock knock

If you’re listening to this song…

 

Like the sun and the moon in the sky, although we can’t meet like them

You and I, you and I, you and I, don’t forget that we’ll be together

 

When the night passes, if you look at the sky

Like the moon in the daytime

 

You and I, you and I, you and I, I will always be by your side

 

Erika couldn’t help but smile at what her members are singing, especially what they’re trying to say to her. That they would always be together no matter where they are…

 

You’re still shining in that sky that I think of

Are you by chance thinking of me right now? That makes me cry

 

My heart tok tok tok, flowing down knock knock knock

If I just stay still and close my eyes

 

The seasons we were together will come back to me, it feels like they’ll hug me

 

They repeated the chorus but was now changing position, moving forward to Erika and surround her as they continue to sing towards the next part of the song…

 

Even if the night and day passes, even if time passes

Remember that I will always be by your side

 

I eagerly waited for it, we will someday meet

You and I, you and I, you and I, like a dream I don’t want to wake from

 

When the night passes, if you look at the sky

Like that moon in the daytime

 

You and I, you and I, you and I, I will always be by your side

 

Lei stood beside Erika and smiled before singing the last part as she held the leader’s hand.

 

I’ll be by your side…

 

The crowd cheered once more as the 4D members got down the stage, leaving Erika alone. Chaeyoung walked towards her and wrapped an arm around the younger girl’s shoulder.

“Now that we’ve seen our precious idol in both side of the coin, which one do you prefer?”

The people attending the graduation all screamed the same reply…and Erika’s fate is sealed.

=======================================================================

Check out Dreamcatcher's Yoohyeon cover of Euphoria~