Chapter 24 - Anika's Anger

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Lotte World…October 7, 20XX]

“Hey, honey.” Ivan ran towards Anika and kissed her cheeks. “Sorry for being late. Did you wait long?” Anika shook her head. “Great. Do you want to go inside now?”

“Actually, I’d prefer it if we move our date to a private place.”

“Your place or mine?”

“Yours.”

Ivan chuckled and nodded his head. They went towards the parking lot and rode Ivan’s car. He drove towards his condo unit. As soon as they got inside the unit, Anika slapped him.

“W-What?”

“You’re a cheater.”

“Me? Oh, no. Honey, I didn’t cheated on you. I promise.”

“That’s not what I meant, Ivan. You’re a cheater. The deal was supposed to be one-on-one yet you, a coward, called your friends to gang up against a girl.”

“You know about that, huh?”

“Yes.” and another slap was given to him. “That’s for being a gangster.” slap. “For lying.” and another slap, a much stronger one. “And that’s for hurting Chase.”

Ivan held his cheek and chuckled bitterly. “Are you seriously choosing her over me? I’m your boyfriend, she’s just your friend.”

“Maybe if you aren’t such a jerk and a horrible brother, then maybe I would have stayed.”

“You know about us being siblings too? Damn, J’s going soft. She never let that information goes to anyone, because she doesn’t acknowledge it. But now…I guess she does.”

“She had always acknowledge you as her brother. You’re just too proud to notice it. You’re always competing against her, yet all she wants is a brother who treats her right. Haven’t you stop for awhile and thought why she always accommodate your obsession of being number 1? That’s because she wants you to acknowledge her, not the other way around.”

“And you know that because…? Did she told you?”

“No.” Anika let out a sad smile. “But I can see it. I know her too well, trust me. She wanted a brother, because her mother is too busy and your father is too strict.”

“You know about that too? What don’t you know? Is J talkative around you?”

“I told you, I can see it. She doesn’t need to tell me, I can read her well without words.”

Ivan stopped for a second before he chuckled. “You and my sister are so good together, that makes another reason for us to end up together. What do you think?”

“Are you crazy?” Anika looked at her weirdly. “I don’t want you anymore, Ivan. I’m done.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m here to confront you and pay you back for what you did to Chase--”

“Oh, you’re calling her by her second name? That’s something she never lets ANYONE call her. Did you use love potion? How come you gets this privileges?”

Anika took a deep breath. “Ivan, you’re an idiot.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes. I don’t know how I just noticed that now. But yeah, you’re an idiot. You’re selfish, horrible, wicked, evil, jerk and any other horrible words in the world. I can’t believe I didn’t saw this before but now, I have and I don’t think I can stay another moment with you.”

“I can’t allow you to leave me, Anika.”

“Oh, but I can. I can leave you and I will, Lance. I’ve got more important person in my life, and you are not one of them. You’re just a piece of…trash, that needs to be out of my world. I’m breaking up with you, Ivan Park.”

Anika immediately turned around and walked out of his unit. She rode the elevator and closed the doors before Ivan could enter. As soon as the elevator stopped at the ground floor, she rushed out of the complex and searched for a taxi.

“Anika, wait!” Ivan called as he ran after Anika.

“Leave me alone, Ivan. We’re done. I don’t want you, anymore. And I know that you don’t want me too. Stop this, because I don’t want to be a part of Chase’s downfall.”

“No, this is not about JC anymore. This is about us. I do love you, Anika.” he looked at her sincerely. “I promise. At first, I didn’t even know that you and J are close so why would I court you? It because you caught my interest. So, please…give me one more chance.”

“I don’t care if you’re interested in me. The moment that you considered me as a weapon to defeat Chase is the moment that you let me down, both for Chase’s part and for yours.”

“Winning against J is important to me, but so are you. Why can’t I have both of that?”

“BECAUSE CHASE IS IMPORTANT TO ME!” she yelled as she snapped her head around to face him and glared at his face. “Why can’t you see that? She’s important to me and I don’t want to hurt her. She’s my bestfriend, Ivan. Don’t expect me to hurt her intentionally.”

“But you knew me longer…I’m your boyfriend before even meeting with her.”

“Yes, but she showed me care more than you did. She cares about me, to the point of getting hurt herself. And I still want to kill you for that…honestly.”

Anika turned towards the street again and searched for a taxi. Instead, she saw a familiar black and blue car approaching and stopped on the other side of the street. It was Erika’s car, Anika was sure even if the windows are tinted. The plate number was enough to know.

‘KED-729’ Anika thought and chuckled to herself. She was about to cross the street but stopped and faced Ivan for the last time. “The next time you hurt Chase, physically or emotionally, I will really kill you. Remember that, Ivan.” with that, she turned around and crossed the street towards Erika’s car. She knocked on the window and Erika opened it.

“Done talking to your loverboy?”

“Ex-loverboy. And yeah, we’re done. Let’s go?”

“Are you sure, unnie? It doesn’t look like he’s done yet.”

“What--” before Anika could finish, she felt a hand held unto her arm. It was Ivan, ofcourse.

“Anika, please think about it more…”

“I did, and I’m totally done. Final decision, no regrets.”

“But--”

“Dude, that’s enough.” Erika cut him off as she got down and stood beside Anika while glaring at Ivan. “She had already said her decision, respect it.”

“Stay out of this, idol. This is none of your business.”

“You made it MY business the moment that you attack my buddy, Mr. Park. I’m the leader and I’m pretty sure I let Mrs. Jeon down because of what happened.”

Ivan looked like he had enough and was about to raise his hand but a fist already got to his jaw first. It was Anika’s fist.

“Don’t you dare think of hurting another member of 4D.” Anika said, while Erika and Lei just stared at her in shock. “They’re my family, understand?” Ivan couldn’t answer as he was still laying in the cold ground. But Anika didn’t mind as she opened the door of the backseat and climbed in. “Goodbye, Ivan.” she closed the door completely.

Erika let out a chuckle as she look at Ivan for the last time before going back to the car. She started the engine and looked at Anika via the mirror infront of her.

“Where to, Ms. Choi?”

“Hospital.”

===========================================================================