Chapter 27 - Finding Ked

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…November 2, 20XX]

Lei woke up and noticed that they were still in the couch. But she also noticed that there were only three of them; her, Jeril and Anika. Their leader was nowhere to be found. So she stood up and headed to the kitchen, hoping to see Erika, but the girl wasn’t there.

Lei shrugged her shoulder and went to start her day. They’re going to have an assembly later cause sembreak had already ended. So, after she was done, she woke the other two up.

“I’m going to leave now to prepare for the assembly. I didn’t cook any breakfast, so grab me some if you head to the cafeteria before going to the auditorium.” with that, she walked out of the dorm room and headed to the Student Council office.

“Good morning, President.” the Vice President greeted when she entered the office after patrolling the campus, like she always do.

“Good morning, did you had a happy sembreak?”

“I did. We decorated our house into a horror house and had people enter, it was fun. How about you, President? How’s your sembreak? Did you went home?”

“I didn’t went home, but I had fun too.” Lei smiled as she continued doing her speech. “By the way, did you see Ked sshi around? She left the dorm early.”

“I didn’t see her around when I patrol the campus. Maybe she had a schedule?”

“Nope, she doesn’t have a schedule until November 11.” the Vice President thought about when she saw the idol and she remembered something.

“I saw her walked out of the dorm while carrying a suitcase, which she put in the trunk of her car, then drove off.” Lei looked at the Vice President confusedly.

“A suitcase? With clothes?”

“I don’t know.”

“That’s weird.” the Vice President nodded in agreement before walking towards her desk to start doing her work. Seeing that Lei was still in deep thought, the girl chuckled.

“Stop worrying, President. She’ll come back for her classes.”

“Right…” but somehow, Lei had a feeling that Erika won’t make it to their classes later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Lei was right, Erika didn’t come to their shared classes. So, Lei went to visit Jeril and Erika’s shared one. Like she expected, their leader wasn’t there too. She was about to leave to ask Anika, when Jeril saw her and approached her.

“Have you seen leader nim? She wasn’t in our first period and now, she’s also not here.”

“I haven’t, unnie. She’s absent in our shared class too, I’m going to ask Anika unnie now.”

“Alright. Update me via text, okay?” Lei nodded then walked to Anika’s class. When she arrived, she saw that the girl was looking at her phone like she’s boring a hole in it.

“Anika unnie.”

“Lei.” Anika immediately stood up from her seat and walked towards the maknae. “Have you seen Ked unnie? She was absent earlier on our shared class. I tried texting and calling her, she’s not replying nor answering it. I’m getting worried, it’s not like her to ignore me.”

“I know, unnie. I went to ask Jeril unnie too but just like you, Ked unnie was absent.”

“What’s going on? Did she said something when you two left the dorm?”

“No, she was already gone when I woke up.” Anika let out a sigh and tried calling Erika again. But just like earlier, their leader didn’t answered and it went into voicemail.

“Ked unnie, where are you? I’ve called you 14 times now, please call me back as soon as possible. We’re getting worried here.” Anika ended the voicemail and faced Lei. “We’ll go to the entertainment after class to see her schedule--”

“She doesn’t have any schedule. She’s free until November 11, she told me.”

“Then, we’ll ask her managers if she told them where her destinations for today. We’ll go later, so you should go to class right now.” Lei nodded her head and went back to class, hoping that the time would speed up so they could go now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After class, they headed to Choi Entertainment’s building and went to Anika’s father.

“Sweetie, what are you doing here?”

“Hey, dad.” Anika went to kiss her father’s cheek before standing beside Jeril and Lei. “We’re here to ask about Kim Erika’s schedule. Does she have anywhere to be?”

“Erika? Oh, Ked. No, no. I don’t think so. We had given her a day-off until the 11th since the recording was already done, she only have to wait when we release it on the 12th.”

“She wasn’t in her classes, so we thought that maybe she had told her managers about her destinations. Can we talk to her managers?” Mr. Choi got his phone and dialed someone.

“Can you come to my office with the rest of your crew, please? Thank you.” after a while, 4 people entered the room. “Have a seat and answer these young fellas, will you?”

Anika, Jeril and Lei faced Erika’s crew and introduced themselves. “Hey. I’m Ked’s manager, that’s her stylist, her bodyguard and her assistant. The four of us are the only crew of Ked.”

“Only four?”

“Yes, just the four of us. We were hired by her mother, so she couldn’t really change us unless her mother says so. But we got along well now, so what do you want to ask?”

“We wanted to know if she told you that she’s going somewhere. She wasn’t in class.”

“She wasn’t?” Erika’s manager grabbed her phone and opened her messages. “Oh, yeah. She texted me to check up on her school. Apparently, she left a note there.”

“My mom must have had it. Let’s go back to school right now, before she go home.”

“Do you mind if I come with you?” Erika’s manager asked as she stood up. “That kid didn’t told me anything other than that, so she must have want me to read the note too.”

“No problem. Just follow us.” Erika’s manager smiled and they headed to the parking lot after Anika had bid goodbye with her father. They rode their car while the manager also rode her’s.

The three of them had a bad feeling. It was weird since Erika never goes an hour without messaging for updates. Even her manager find it weird that she would make her go to the school just to tell what’s going on. To know the answer, they all needed to go to Sae Young.

They drove back to academy and headed immediately to the office of Jeril’s mom. When they got there, the principal was still doing some paperworks. She looked up and saw her daughter with her groupmates and a young lady, making her confuse.

“Jeril?”

“Hey, mom.”

“What’s going on? Is there something wrong?”

“Did Ked unnie left a note?”

“Ked? Oh, yeah. She did. I haven’t read it yet, I was swamped with paperworks.” Mrs. Jeon opened her drawer and handed the envelope to Jeril. “Why don’t you read it out, dear?”

Jeril opened the envelope and read the note. “Mrs. Jeon, I’m here to inform that I will be absent for the next days or so.” she stopped and glanced at Anika and Lei before continuing. “My mother had ask for my appearance, and it must be important. I am now on my way to meet her and I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I’m sure I’ll try to be there as soon as possible. Please take care of 4D cause now I’m off to America--”

“WHAT? AMERICA?”

“Love, Ked.” Jeril finished and put the note back to the envelope. “Our leader’s in America.”

=======================================================================