Chapter 35.1 - Merry Christmas

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…December 24, 20XX]

Like she said, Erika did come home. She was back in the dormitories and they were having their own Christmas party. Ofcourse, a Christmas party isn’t a Christmas party if there won’t be any gift-giving so they decided to have a secret santa.

They were going to exchange gift later at 12 midnight but now, they were cooking in the kitchen for their dinner. Well, Erika and Anika were cooking while Jeril and Lei were decorating the place. It was like things never changed, and it felt great.

“You weren’t lying when you said that you can cook.”

“Ofcourse, I’m not. Like I told you, I tried to be perfect.”

“You are perfect.” Erika smiled when Anika said that without hesitation. She couldn’t help but wrap the younger girl into a warm hug as she rock her back and forth.

“You’re a softie.”

“I’m not!” Anika denied but she also wrapped her arms around the idol. They let go after a few seconds to avoid another incident like what happened on December 18th, when they hugged too long and was rocking too much that the TV was bumped and fell down.

They continued their cooking and smiled when they heard the maknae fighting outside. Lei came in after a few seconds with a pout and walked towards Erika with her puppy eyes.

“Can you please help me instead?”

“What’s wrong with Jeril?”

Before Lei could answer, Jeril entered the kitchen with a poker face and was holding a broken Christmas ball. A box of broken Christmas balls. Instead of scolding them, Anika laughed.

“What happened?”

“I stepped on it when I lost my balance cause Lei was being a brat about the position.”

“I just wanted it to be perfect, okay?”

“Alright, alright. That’s enough.” Erika interrupted. “Jeril, you can be Anika’s assistant here. I’ll help Lei outside so we don’t have anymore arguments and could finish early.”

“Sure.” the two maknae answered and Lei went back to the living room while Jeril stayed.

“So, was it really an accident or you did that on purpose?” Jeril faced Anika with a smirk before swiping some flour to the older girl’s cheeks with a chuckle.

“What do you think?”

“On purpose. You want them to spend more time together because of what happened.”

“Oh, dear Anika. You know me too well.”

The two of them laughed and continued with their cooking. More like, Anika cooking and Jeril handing her with what she need. On the living room, Erika and Lei were doing much more better than what Jeril and Lei were doing earlier.

Lei was the one putting the balls in the Christmas tree while Erika handed her different colors. Erika was also holding unto Lei’s feet to make sure the maknae doesn’t fall down.

“Are you also putting a mistletoe?” at the sudden question, Lei lost balance and was about to fall so Erika threw away the box of Christmas ball to catch her. “You okay?”

“T-Thanks.”

“My pleasure.”

Lei cleared as she slowly stood on her feet, blushing at what just happened. Erika just chuckled before grabbing a mistletoe and handing it Lei and the girl blushed more.

“W-We’re not doing this.”

“Why not?” Erika asked with a teasing smile. “It’s such a waste if we don’t use it.”

With a sigh, Lei moved the ladder to the living room and put the mistletoe in the middle of the ceiling. Just after she put the mistletoe, Jeril and Anika came out of the kitchen and saw it. They laughed together with Erika while Lei pouted.

“It was Ked unnie’s decision, stop laughing at me.”

They laughed once more but this time, Lei joined in. After that, they finished decorating while Jeril and Anika prepared the food and the table. When they were done, they called Lei and Erika to eat dinner. After dinner, they went to watch some Christmas movies.

“Home Alone is a classic, we should watch that.”

“I want to watch The Grinch.”

“You’re a grinch.” Jeril faked a gasp while Anika went to slap Erika’s shoulder. In the end, they decided to watch Glee season 4 because Erika said she’s inlove with Melissa Benoist.

“You have a type, don’t you?”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Good Girl.” Erika laughed so hard that her and Lei’s popcorn flew around but in the end, she nodded her head and it earned another round of laughing from the members and her.

They sang along the songs in the series and by the end of ‘You Have More Friends Than You Know’ sang by Marley, Blaine, Unique and Sam, Jeril and Erika noticed that Anika and Lei were asleep. Jeril stood up to get some blankets, wrapping them on the sleeping ladies.

“I’m really glad you’re back, leader.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“Please don’t leave Lei again, or else I’ll beat you up.”

Erika chuckled and nodded. “I’ll keep that in mind.” a thought crossed Erika’s mind and she motioned for Jeril to follow her to the balcony. “Can you keep a secret? Even from Anika?”

“Uhh, I guess.”

“Alright. I’ll tell you something.” and Erika started to tell Jeril about her situation, about why she left those couple of months and at the end of it, Jeril smack the back of her head. “Ow!”

“You deserve that.” Erika pouted but didn’t say anything. “Why me and not Lei?”

“Well, you and I are buddies while she and I are bestfriends. I mean, it’s true that Lei had a little more value to me and that’s why I don’t want to tell this to her.”

“You don’t want her to worry.”

“Yes. But I need someone to be with me other than Lei, so I told you. I know you’ll have my back.” Jeril smiled and nodded her head before patting Erika’s back.

“I got you, buddy.”

They talked in the balcony and went inside when it was cold enough for them. They prepared the presents and went to wake Anika and Lei cause it was about to strike midnight.

“Alright, let’s start our Secret Santa.”

Erika’s Santa was Lei, which she had predicted, and the girl had given her a dark blue denim jacket. “You look more cool wearing that. And I decided denim cause you have lots of leather jacket already.” Erika laughed and thanked Lei before handing her gift to Jeril.

“Geez, I can’t believe you’re my Secret Santa.”

“Shut up and open the gift, Jeon.”

Erika got Jeril a pair of gloves and two brass knuckles. The gangster’s eyes immediately twinkled as she went to hug Erika, which causes everyone in the room to be shock.

“I love it so much, thanks.”

“Yep, no problem. Now, let go.”

Jeril rolled her eyes but let go, patting Erika’s back once more before handing her own gift to Anika cause she was her bestfriend’s Secret Santa. Jeril got Anika a pair of Timberland boots, which was Jeon Jungkook’s suggestion. And hearing that made Anika celebrate.

“Oh, gosh. I can’t believe you ask THE Jeon Jungkook for boots suggestion.”

“Well, it’s a gift for someone special. I had to use the cousin card.”

Anika blushed and thanked Jeril with hug before handing Lei’s gift to the maknae. Lei opened the gift and laughed hard when she saw that Anika got her the album for Erika’s new comeback. It was already sold out before she could buy it so she wonder how Anika got this.

“I thought this was already sold out.” Lei asked Anika, who immediately looked at Erika so Lei looked at Erika too. “This is from you?” Erika chuckled and shook her head.

“It’s not. The company didn’t gave me any albums because it was limited edition.”

“Then, how did you got this?” she was facing Anika, this time.

“Ked unnie helped me get that one from a fan. I paid him, ofcourse, but Ked unnie helped by giving him an autograph just so he would give it to me. It was really limited edition.”

“Ofcourse, it’s Ked.” Lei said proudly, causing Erika to laugh and nodded in agreement.

After the Secret Santa, Erika gave Lei a present as her bestfriend. It was scarf and she personally wrapped it around the younger girl. Ofcourse, Anika also got Jeril a present and it was a black sweatshirt that says ‘PUNK’ in white bold letters.

For them, it was the best Christmas ever.

========================================================================