Chapter 17 - Chase and Anika's Secret

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Dormitories…September 17, 20XX]

After another useless day of finding Siyeon, Jeril returned home tired. However, the tiredness in her body gone when she noticed Anika was holding a familiar piece of paper. Her feelings was replaced with dread.

“When did you received this? How did you received this? Is this the reason why you’re avoiding us? Who’s Lee Siyeon? Why didn’t you told us sooner? Tell me, Chase!”

“Can you calm down a little?”

“Calm down? I’m sorry but I can’t do that right now, not when I found out about this by myself and not from you. I thought you trust me.”

“I do. It’s just that…it’s hard to explain.”

“Then, try.”

“No. I can’t drag you into my business. I can’t put you in danger. I’m trying to protect you guys, can you please just leave me alone?”

“I can’t do that, Chase. You said it yourself before, we can deal with this together.”

“What can you guys possibly do against a gang leader?”

That made Anika stop. It was true, they can’t possibly go up against gangsters. Erika is an idol, it could ruin her career. Lei is the Council President, it could also ruin her position and she probably doesn’t know how to fight. And Anika…well, she couldn’t too.

“But you shouldn’t be dealing with this alone.”

“Trust me, I’d rather be alone in this one. All of you got something to lose, I have none.” Jeril let out a sigh. “Can you please keep it a secret from the others?”

“And what? Act like I don’t know anything?”

“Exactly.”

Anika glared at Jeril and shook her head firmly. “No.”

“Wha--? Why?”

“Because Ked unnie and Lei deserves to know about this. Ked unnie is our leader and Lei could help us with this problem. We need to tell them.”

“We’ll tell them after everything’s done. I need to stay away from you, for now.”

“No, Chase. I can’t do that, I can’t keep this a secret.”

Jeril rolled her eyes and resorted to her secret card; aegyo. “Pleasee~ Anika unnie~” she said in a high-pitched tone, making Anika blush at her cuteness.

“Tsk, fine. I will keep this a secret, only because you rarely use aegyo.” Anika muttered, looking away from Jeril to calm her heart. “But only till we take care of it.”

“Yeah, I’ll take care of it as soon as possible.”

“No, Chase. WE will take care of it as soon as possible. I’m with you on this one. I’ll help.”

“Why are you so damn stubborn? I told you, I don’t want to involve you in this.”

“There’s nothing you can do, I’ve already seen the pictures. Just let me help you with this. And if I’m with you, you don’t have to be lonely again.”

“Who said I’m lonely?”

“Fine, I’ll rephrase it. I’m going to be with you, because I’m lonely without you. Happy?”

Jeril couldn’t help herself but smile at the embarrassed Anika infront of her. “Alright, alright. There’s nothing I can do if you can’t live without me.”

“Don’t twist my words, Jeon.”

“Oh, isn’t that what you’re implying?” Jeril muttered with a teasing smile.

“Yeah, that what I said. Now, can you please stop teasing me about it?”

Jeril laughed and nodded her head. “Well…if you’re on board, you’d have to stay away from Erika and Lei too.”

“I don’t see any problem with that.”

“Why?”

“Ked unnie and I got into a little argument and Lei wouid probably be with her, anyway. So, I’m stuck with you.”

“That’s a pain.”

“You don’t want me with you?” Anika asked with a pout in her face, making Jeril panic.

“No, no. I do, okay? I want you with me, please don’t cry.”

Anika laughed, confusing Jeril. “I was just kidding. I’m not a crybaby.” she explained but Jeril was just wearing a pokerface.

Jeril suddenly jumped on her and tickled her sides. They got into a tickle-fight and didn’t stopped until the front door opened, revealing Erika and Lei.

“Told you.” Erika said to Lei. “She can’t resist Anika.”

“I didn’t come back for Anika.” Jeril stated coldly as she stood up, helping Anika stood up after. “I’m just here to get something.”

“Oh…so, you’re still being weird?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright, then. Tell me if you’re ready to stop being weird, we’ll be here.”

“That’s good to know.”

Erika just smiled at Jeril before proceeding to enter the room and went to place some food she was holding into the table. Lei also entered the room and closed the door before going after Erika into the kitchen.

When the two were gone, Anika and Jeril looked at each other and exchanged firm nods. Keeping a secret with your friends/groupmates/roommates will be hard, but they had to. It’s only for a few days, because Anika knows that Jeril will fix this immediately.

Erika and Lei appeared after a few minutes, holding plates and utensils. “We bought lasagna when we passed by the cafeteria, come here and let’s eat.”

Anika was about to answer Erika but Jeril cut her off. “We’ve got other things to do, sorry. You two enjoy, we’ll be back later.” she said, grabbing Anika’s hand and drag her out.

“Where are we going?”

“You said you wanted to help, right? I’ve got an assignment for you.” Jeril stated.

“What is it?”

“I’m looking for Lee Siyeon but couldn’t find him on the streets, so I thought that maybe he’s also a student. Your father is the CEO of an entertainment so maybe they have some backgrounds about students in different school around our area. Can you look at it?”

“My father only have backgrounds about talented students.”

“Siyeon is a dancer ever since elementary. We were in the same dance studio, so I know. Maybe the entertainment managed to see him, so I’ll know where he is.”

“Alright, I’ll head at the building right now. Be careful finding him, okay?”

“You too.”

With that, Anika went to her father’s entertainment while Jeril headed to the alleys once more. Unknown to both of them, Erika and Lei were listening.

“You’re weirder than Jeril unnie, do you know that?”

“I do.” Erika answered with a smirk. “Where’s the fun in being normal?”

Lei just shrugged her shoulder as an answer. “Are you sure you’re not going to help them?”

“Not now, I’m curious what they’ll do. But ofcourse, we also need to enstablish a plan how to catch that idiot gangster. I won’t let him get away with this.”

“Alright. But we need to make sure that this plan won’t do any harm to us, okay?”

“I’m not the leader of 4D for no reason, Lei. Don’t worry, I got this.” Erika said with a wink.

“Alright, what’s your plan?” Lei asked and Erika’s smirk widened. “It’s not illegal, right?”

======================================================================