Chapter 33 - Problems after problems

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Academy of Arts…November 30, 20XX]

“Son Lei Min, please report to the dean’s office immediately.” hearing the announcement, Jeril and Anika immediately looked at Lei with confused expression.

“What’s going on?”

“I…don’t know.”

“Well, you should go check it out.” Lei nodded her head at Jeril before standing up and heading towards the dean’s office. When she arrived, she knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

Lei opened the door and looked at their dean. “You called for me, miss?”

“Ms. Son?” Lei nodded. “Yes, yes. Come in and have a seat, there’s something we need to talk about.” Lei entered the office and took a seat infront of their dean.

“What is it, miss?”

“I’ll go straight to the point. You’re our valedictorian this year and it’s normal that we keep tabs on your grades. And I can’t help but notice that it’s been starting to slip this day. Your test results got down and so is your participation. Is there something wrong, Ms. Son?”

“N-No, miss.” Lei lied. Ofcourse there was a problem, it was Erika. But she’s not going to tell that to the dean, she can’t do anything about it anyway. “I’m sorry about my grade.”

“Oh, it’s fine. I’m fine with it as long as you’re fine, but I talked to your parents…”

“YOU DID WHAT?” she exclaimed, shocking the dean. “I-I’m sorry, but did you said that you called my parents? Please tell me that I misheard what you said.”

“You d-didn’t. I indeed called your parents to ask about your situation. It’s protocol.”

“Fck.” the dean was shocked once more, hearing the calm and collected Council President curse as she ran her fingers through her hair. “I’m so dead.”

“I’m sorry, Lei.”

“No, miss. It’s fine, I’ll handle them. Thank you so much.” with that, Lei immediately left the dean’s office and went to look for her unnies because she knows what would happen soon.

She found Jeril and Anika in the dorm room. But before she could explain the situation, her parents had already came. Jeril and Anika excused themselves to have Lei talk to her parents.

“We heard from the dean about your grades, Min.”

“I can explain, dad.”

“I don’t need your explanation, Lei Min. All I want is for you to take your studies seriously. What have you been up to lately to neglect those? And don’t tell me it’s the Council.”

“It’s a personal problem, I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize, sweetie.” her mother smiled, but it wasn’t warm for her. “We were worried that something might going on to make your grades slip. Tell me, was it those girls who were just here?” even though it wasn’t an accusation, Lei snapped.

“Leave my friends alone in these. They don’t have anything to do with my slip of grades. In fact, they are the reason why my life here is enjoyable. And stop acting like you care about me, all you want to do is to make sure that I graduate as a valedictorian. You don’t care about anything except rewards and fame, so would you just leave me the hell alone?”

Saying that Lei’s parents were surprised would be an understatement. They were shocked and startled when Lei talk back unrespectfully. Lei was always respectful to her parents but now, she just had enough of sht from them. Especially, in her situation so…snap.

“Okay, young lady. That’s it. I’m taking you out of here and into the mansion. You’re grounded for a long time.” her dad said, causing Lei to regret what she did…for a second.

“Fine. Whatever. I don’t care anymore.” Lei stood up from the couch and started packing. Without another word, she ran out and into the parking lot where their family driver is.

“Young miss.”

“Please take me to the mansion.”

“But your parents…”

“They can take a cab. Please?” with a smile, their family driver nodded and opened the car for her. She entered and waited for the driver to join in and drive her off to their mansion.

When she arrived at the mansion, she thanked their driver and ran up to her room. She locked the door and throw her backpack somewhere before laying down on the bed.

“Damn it!” she yelled, tossing around the bed. “What am I going to do? Fudge!”

Lei kept on tossing and turning around the bed before she stopped when she realized something. Ked unnie. She groaned as she clench her fist on her hair. ‘How am I supposed to make Ked unnie go home when I’m not even at home.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, someone rang the doorbell below. Lei hoped it was one of her members, but she knows it was hopeless. They don’t know the address, plus she doubt they know what happened to her. Her phone was confiscated so she can’t do anything to ask help.

“This .”

Lei went to the window to see any car, to give her clue on who was visiting their mansion. It was either a relative or a business partner, yet she doesn’t see any car outside. ‘That’s odd.’

Then, someone knocked on her door. She move away from the window and went to open it. She was shocked to see who was waiting on the other side of the door. It was none other than the famous, art-loving, dimpled rapper. Son Chaeyoung.

“Hey, Lei.”

“Unnie, what are you doing here?”

“Helping you. Now, won’t you let me inside so we can talk?” Lei opened the door wider and let the TWICE member inside. “Heard what happened to you from 4D, are you okay?”

“No, not at all. This totally , I was in the middle of making Ked unnie back home.”

“Oh, right. Yeah, Ked returned back to her apartment. I forgot. Well, she actually told us about that and I’m sorry I didn’t told you in advance. It wasn’t ours to tell.”

“I understand.” Chaeyoung smiled softly and nodded. “So, what do you mean helping me?”

“I’m going to talk to your parents about the rules of your grounded period. For once, you should have your phone back.” Lei nodded her head. Yeah, she really need her phone.

“And what if they won’t agree?”

“I know how to convince a person, Lei. Just calm down and let me handle it, okay?” with that, Chaeyoung winked at her and leave the room. It took Chaeyoung exactly 10 minutes before she came back, holding Lei’s phone in her hands. “Here you go.”

“Thanks, unnie. How’d you do that?”

“Talked to them how important to be updated on your school works. And I managed to lessen your grounded period. It was supposed to be until graduation, but I managed to make it one month. So, you’ll be fine.” Lei smiled widely and went to hug Chaeyoung.

“Thank you so much, Chaeyoung unnie.”

“Anything for 4D and my cousin in law which is Ked.” Chaeyoung hugged back. They talked for awhile before Chaeyoung had to go back to the TWICE dorm. “Hold on there, alright?”

“I will. Thanks for the help, unnie.”

“Anytime, dear...”

After Chaeyoung left, Lei immediately went to text Jeril and Anika about her situation. She was about to text Erika too, but realized that she doesn’t know about her new number or if she even got a new phone. So, she just turned off her phone after messaging Jeril and Anika.

=========================================================================