Chapter 4 - Falling Apart

4D: Book of Friendship

3rd Person’s POV

[Sae Young Academy…June 18, 20XX]

Even though Lei said that they’ll practice as soon as possible, they weren’t able to do it. They were always unable to practice together because Lei was always busy with Student Council, Jeril was out fighting, Anika was always somewhere else.

“President, there’s more paperworks to do. Is it okay if we do it tomorrow? I’ve got to practice.”

“Me, too. I need to practice. Let’s take care of this tomorrow, then.”

Lei stood up and made her way towards the practice room assigned to them. However, no one was there except for Erika, who is wearing headphone while closing her eyes.

Lei approached Erika and patted her shoulder, causing the older girl to open her eyes and took her headphone off.

“Sorry, did you wait long?”

“I always wait long. Where have you all been, anyway?”

“I’m busy with the Council. Ever since the evaluation, there’ve been a lot of paperworks because of the sections changes. I’m sorry.”

Erika chuckled and stood up “I understand, President Panda…” ‘President Panda?’ Lei thought “…but we must practice too for the next evaluation since we’re a unit now.”

“I know. That’s why I’m here. Where are the others, though?”

“I don’t know. I immediately went here after my schedule to practice but no one was here, at all.”

“You had a schedule? You should be resting, Ked sshi.”

“Nah, I’m fine.”

“How about we call it a day and you rest in your dorm room? We’ll practice tomorrow. Do you have schedules tomorrow?”

“I have schedules everyday so that my next week will be vacant but my schedule tomorrow will end quickly so I’ll be here early.”

“Aren’t you tired?”

“Not at all.”

“Alright, then. Let’s practice tomorrow. I’m really sorry for being inattentive to our unit.”

“That’s fine. You’re not the only one, anyway.” Erika joked as they exit the practice room and headed to the dorm building “Tomorrow, then. Be there, okay?”

“I will. Rest well, Ked sshi.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Lei finished her council works early in the morning so she could head to the practice room. When she arrived, Erika wasn’t there yet so she played the music they’re going to go with, BTS’ Butterfly.

Lei was getting used to the slow beat when the door opened, revealing Erika.

“Hey, you’re here now. How about the others?” Erika asked as she enter the practice room

“I texted Anika while I asked about Jeril to the Principal but she doesn’t know where her daughter is.”

“Tsk, that gangster. If she continue this, I’ll be the one beating her up next time.”

“Woah, calm down.” Lei said with a chuckle when her phone vibrated “Anika replied. Wait…WHAT?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Anika texted she won’t be coming to the practice today. Let’s do it tomorrow, she said.”

“Should I beat her up too?”

“Aniyo, don’t do that.”

“But they’re pissing me off.” Erika said irritated when the door opened “Oh, great. Finally, you’re here. Wait…HEY! What happened to you?”

“Leave me alone.” Jeril answered as she sat in the floor “So, are we practicing or what?”

“Where the hell have you been, Jeon? Answer me, rude kid.”

“Shut up, prideful idol.”

“How dare you?”

“Enough!” Lei interrupted “What happened, Jeril? Why do you have bloods in your shirt? And why do you have wounds in your hand? Is that a knife cut?”

“It is. Some gangsters I fought used knife. Now, can we forget about my situation and practice?”

“We can’t practice with your hand bleeding. Let’s go treat it in the infirmary.”

“I’m fine.”

“You’re not. Stop disagreeing and let’s go.”

“Aish, I don’t want to. Mind your own business.”

“Every student in this academy is my business. Do you want to go or do you want me to tell your mother about this and have her treat your wounds, instead?”

“Fine, fine. I’ll go.” Jeril answered as she immediately stood up “Don’t tell my mother about this because she’ll freak out and take me to a hospital.”

“I won’t but we need to treat that so…come on.”

Lei walked first while Jeril and Erika followed. Erika suddenly hit Jeril’s shoulder.

“YA! What’s your problem?”

“Ya? I’m older than you. And what’s my problem? My problem is all of you. You know we’re practicing so why the heck are you out there fighting, huh?”

“That’s none of your business. I consider fighting fun.”

“Fun? I’ll fight you instead, if I have to.”

“Ked sshi!” Lei called in a scolding tone “Stop asking for a fight. You’re an idol, for pete sake.”

“But…tsk, fine.” Erika surrender “If you won’t show up tomorrow, I will kill you.” she added before going to another direction instead of following Lei

Lei and Jeril wondered why but they headed to the infirmary, anyways. Lei got the first aid kit and inspected Jeril’s wound.

“Did you shield a knife using your hand?”

“I did. How did you know?”

“Your wound says it all. Anyway, it will sting a little. Can you handle it?”

“I’m totally immune to pain—AWCH!” Jeril shouted when Lei put a cotton with alcohol in the wounds “YA! Who told you to use alcohol?”

“I thought you said you’re totally immune to the pain?”

“I thought you’re gonna stitch it. I don’t want alcohol, I want you to stitch it.”

“It’s not that deep so it don’t have to be stitched but it needs alcohol to disinfect the wound.”

“I don’t need it.” Jeril answered as she got her hand and stood up “Thanks for your concern but I’m f--“

“You’re not leaving.” Lei said as she made Jeril sit back and put alcohol, making the gangster feel the stinginess “Don’t worry. We’ll be done immediately.” she added then started bandaging “Done.”

“Tsk. You should have bandage it without using the alcohol.”

“Shouldn’t I get a ‘thank you’ instead?”

“Fine. Thank you, President. Now, let’s go back to the practice room. That idol must be pissed now.” Jeril muttered as she stood up “Where is she going, anyway?”

“I don’t know. Let’s go back to see if she waited in the practice room.” Lei answered and stood up too

They headed back to the practice room and was shocked to see Erika there together with Anika.

“Oh, Anika? You’re here, now? I thought you said you won’t be coming to practice today.”

“Yeah, but that idol drag me here.” Anika answered as she glared at Erika “By the way, how did you know I was in the rooftop?”

“You’re always there.” Erika answered as she stood up and went infront, facing the other members “Now, let’s get this thing clear. Are you still committed to be a unit in this coming evaluation?”

Erika asked that seriously, making the others shocked to see Erika’s serious face. Erika was always the smiley-type idol so it was rare to see her serious face.

“If you’re not committed to be a unit, tell me. I’m doing my best to be attentive to our unit because I know we need to be a team. However, it’s not possible if I’m the only one doing my best in attending our practices. You should be ashamed, you know? I’m an idol but I still head here to practice with you.”

The three could only listened to Erika’s serious rant. What she said was true so they couldn’t answer her.

“We can’t be a unit if we always act like this so answer me, what do you want to happen?”

“I’m sorry, Ked sshi.” Lei apologized “I’ve just been really busy because of the changes in sections.”

“I understand that. But, President, I’m busy with my schedules too yet I always make time for you. But you’re not the only problem here. How about you, Choi? What’s your excuse for lazing around?”

“I wasn’t lazing around.” Anika defended “I’m just tired.”

“Tired?” Erika repeated then scoffed “Okay, I’ll accept that for now. Jeon, what do you have to say?”

“Stop ranting.” Jeril answered “Look, I don’t want to be in our unit. I don’t even want to be in this school at the first place. Why don’t you just do things without me?”

Erika clenched her fist and bit her lips “Then, why don’t we do things on our own this time? I’m sick of you.” she stated and exit the practice room with a slam to the door

==================================================================================