Fired or Hired

Blind Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aish I'm going to be late again!" Min Jisoo cried as she hurriedly tried to rush out the door, but not before grabbing her older brother, Min Yoongi's half eaten toast full of strawberry jam out from his hand and shoving it into her own mouth.

"Yah! You want to die?! Make your own toast!" Yoongi hollered at his little sis. She didn't care to respond until after she had put on her shoes.

"Mianhae Oppa, I'll cook you dinner later! I'm already running late. Annyeong!"

And she lands a kiss on to his cheek quickly before running out of the door.

Yoongi instantly cheered up. If anything, he loved his sister's cooking more than anything. Jisoo had gone to culinary school to become a chef, but since the Min family were struggling financially at the moment, she stopped going to school and started working part-time jobs to help the family.

Min Yoongi had always had a love for music and he would often compose and write music. His only audience would be his little sister. They had a really close sibling relationship. He was quite protective of his baby sis, as where Jisoo loved him enough to put her dreams on hold so he could achieve his. He wanted to become a producer and share his music with the world so he continued to study at the best Music University in Seoul.

"Oh god, Mrs. Yoo is going to kill me!"

Jisoo ran as fast as she could to the bus stop that was at the corner of their tiny home in Seoul. She waited impatiently as the bus came to a full stop and the door opened revealing Mr. Kang, the bus driver.

"Late for work now are we Jisoo?" He quietly chuckles as Jisoo rush up the step and paid her bus fare before grabbing the seat right behind Mr. Kang.

"Good morning Mr. Kang and yes! This is the 3rd time this week. I'll be lucky if I don't get fired."

Jisoo sulked to the elderly man. In all honesty, she didn't want to go in. The words of Mrs. Yoo repeated in her head.

'If you are late one more time, you can kiss your job goodbye! Don't test me Min Jisoo!'

"Aishhh, should I even bother to go in?" She bit her nails, a habit that would arise whenever she was feeling nervous.

Once the bus reaches her stop, she quickly said her goodbye to Mr. Kang and rush on inside. She tried to sneak her way into the tiny coffee shop but was stopped by none other than Mrs. Yoo herself. She had her hands on her hips as she glared at the girl.

**********

Jisoo's POV

"You're late again Min Jisoo!" The cranky owner of Yoo's Latte hissed through her clenched teeth at me.

I gulped as my eye widens in horror at the older woman.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Yoo! Please don't fire me! I really need this job!" I pled to her while rubbing my hand furiously, begging as if my life depended on this one job.

In all honesty, I could probably find another job, but I hated the feeling of getting fired. And I also hated the process of looking for a new job. The application, the interview, and the waiting to see if I landed the job or not.

Working in the coffee shop wasn't my only part-time job. I also worked at night in a bar as a bartender and don't usually get home until after midnight. I just recently started the bartender job so I am still getting used to the hours and juggling both jobs. Well, only one now since Mrs. Yoo just fired me.

As much as I hated the job, I loved the aroma of the coffee and the sweet vanilla smell of the creamy baked goods. It had become a part of me and I found myself addicted to the coffee of this tiny shop.

I slouched and moved towards the front counter where my ex-coworker was working. Mrs. Yoo's eyes watched my every move for a second before telling me to get out of her shop.

"I'm here as a customer not your worker anymore. What kind of service is this kicking out a customer?" I sassed back to her. She scoffed and rolled her eyes before turning away from me and going to the back of the shop. I sighed in relief and resumed to order.

I wanted to drag out as much time as I could before going back home. I didn't want my parent to worry that I've lost one of my jobs. After receiving my caramel latte, I turned around and bumped right into a girl and almost spilled my latte on her.

"Sorr- Oh! Min Jisoo?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the lady who looked my age. Why did she look so familiar?

"Ne... Who are you?"

"Sunni. Choi Sunni. We went to school together."

Her name and face finally clicked in my head. Choi Sunni, the pretty and popular girl in high school. The girl that every guy wanted and every girl wanted to be her. We weren't friends. Just acquaintance who went to the same high school.

"Oh, Choi Sunni. Hi, how are you?"

"Great, perfect! Never been better!"

Her sarcastic tone sure didn't make it sound as perfect as she was saying. I was about to bid farewell and make my way to the tiny booth in the back but then I saw her face lit up as she eyed me up and down.

"You know Jisoo, maybe you could help me quick. I really need to go somewhere else right now, but there's a meeting going on right now and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter