"Oh, not again."

I Just Called Him Idiot

 

"Attention. We will be arriving at the airport for about 10 minutes. Please prepare yourselves. Thank you."
 
 
As the passengers heard the announcement they took their luggages and bags as they waited for any signals as well as Ji Yong and Dara. "Let me do it for you." Ji Yong smiled as he took the bag for Dara. "Thank You." Dara blushed, as if they were still new couples. The passengers started to stand up, and it was the signal for the both of them to do so as the people started going out. As they took their step on the ground, they sighed with relief.
 
"We are really here." Ji Yong smiled as he held Dara's waist but he, then saw the ahjumma again looking back at them with smile far from her annoying look earlier in the plane. He took a glance at Dara as he noticed that the ahjumma was walking towards them. He wanted to avoid recalling the issue.
 
 
"Wait here for a second." Ji Yong smiled as he walked towards the ahjumma. "Yes?" He asked.
 
 
"Mr., Pardon for what happened earlier. I just want to ask you if this is the one you were looking for?" The ahjumma showed him the ring that has sparkling Diamond on it and he was surprised enough to be happy which made him slighlty chuckled. But he covered it, afraid that Dara would see it.
 
 
"Thank you. Really. I don't know how to thank you but thanks really." Ji Yong took the ring with a smile. "Oh, if you want something, feel free to ask me." Ji Yong added, as he gave his calling card and the ahjumma smiled.
 
 
"Farewell and have a nice day!" The ahjumma waved her hand as she walked away.
 
 
"Hey, Ji. What did the both of you talked about?" Dara curiously asked. "Oh, nothing much. It's about the issue earlier. We just fixed it." He smiled as he quickly kept the ring as they headed inside.
 
 
"Let's wait here. The car hasn't arrived yet." Ji Yong said as he sat down, as well as Dara. "You must be so tired, you could take a rest first or take a nap." He soflty placed her head on his shoulder. When he saw that she was sleeping, he took the ring out but a guy in a hurry bumped him and the ring fell off again. "Oh, damn. Not again." He sofly said, staying still on his position."Huh? What is it?" Dara opened her
eyes.
 
 
"Oh, nothing. Wait here for a second." He nervously said as he stood up, trying not to be obvious that he was finding something. "But Ji... Hey." She called but Ji Yong didn't seem to hear her. 
 
________
 
"Hey, Dara!" A guy called her out, waving his hand. Dara stared at the guy, recalling the familiar voice and looks. "B-brother?" She stood up. "Yes. It's me! How are you? I missed you so much!" Thunder hugged her so tight. "I missed you so much too!" She hugged him back. "Oh, where's the other person with you?" He asked. "Yeah... Oh... There he is!" She pointed at him as  she called him out. Thunder looked at where she was pointing and he smiled. "Oh... HE." He grinned.  
 
 
Ji Yong was walking towards them, doesn't have any idea who's Dara with. He stood beside her, eyeing the guy. "Thunder. You are?" Thunder stretched his arms with a smile. "Ji Yong, he's my brother." Dara whispered. "Oh, ha...ha... I am Kwon Ji Yong, you can call me anything you want..." Ji Yong felt embarassed and thinking that he has to be really nice so  he would like him and if he didn't, his plans would be ruined.
 
"Oh... You're so funny." Thunder chuckled and shook his hands with him. "It's nice meeting you." He made a brotherly hug with Thunder.
 
 
"Ugh...Ji, let's go." Dara awkwardly said. Oh, jeez. I'm acting so stupid.
 
------
Ji Yong opened the car's door for Dara and he went inside after. "So, you have to take care of my sister, okay?" Thunder chuckled as he looked at them on the backseat. "Of course I do. Mark my words." Ji Yong smiled. "If you didn't?" Thunder raised his brows. "I should be ready to face the consequences, then." Ji Yong seriously replied. "I'll be marking your words." Thunder smiled. "Hey...You guys are so serious." Dara interrupted.
 
 
"Oh, sorry. I just love my dear sister so much that I have to make sure she's in good hands." Thunder winked at her. "She's surely in good hands, don't worry brother-in-law." Ji Yong smiled. Thunder laughed. "Okay, thanks." 
 
 
Dara blushed.  After the whole conversation, everyone kept silent. They were just resting and preparing for the long trip. Dara was leaning  at Ji Yong's shoulder and Ji was holding her hand tighlty. "Hey... Where have you been a while ago, anyways?" Dara soflty asked. Ji Yong opened his eyes. "Oh... Nothing. I just dropped something." He replied. "Really? Why didn't you tell me?" Dara asked curiously. "No. It's okay. It's not that important." 
 
 
"What is it?" Dara asked.
 
 
"No, really. Nevermind that. It's nothing." He smiled.
 
 
"No. Just tell me. You've lost something in the plane too, right?" Dara curiously asked.
 
 
"C'mon, bro. Just tell it to my sister." Thunder cut them off.
 
 
"Are you?" Dara continued, looking at him seriously.
 
 
Ji Yong's POV
"Are you?" Dara asked me, but I knew she didn't want to mention the word, 'cheating.' And it seemed that her brother was thinking the same too. I'm in trouble again. I don't want to give her brother a bad impression. Do I have to tell her now? Oh, no. This is between life and death situation. I can't tell them now... yet. I don't have any ring. They were starting to interrogate me. What should I tell them? 
 
 
"No, bro. Seriously. Just answer it directly." Thunder was so serious, looking at me suspiciously. 
 
 
It's not what you think, okay? I mean. I can't cheat on her. I don't cheat. I promise you. 
 
 
"Then what?! Just one answer, Ji. Don't let me think that you're cheating. I don't want an arguement."
 
 
Please, just once. Trust me. I'll tell everything at the right time. 
 
 
"What do you mean?" Dara's tears were forming, starting to run down her face. "Bro, I think you've said the wrong words a while ago." Thunder was so serious. 
 
 
Oh, please! I mean it. Everything I've said earlier, I really mean it! Fine. I sighed with relief. Forget everything.
 
 
"Forget everything? What?! Ji Yong?" 
 
 
"What I mean is, I'll just forget the plans--"
 
 
"Plans? I can't understand, please explain e--MMMMmm Ji..."
 
Okay, this might be the most embarassing thing I've done in  my whole life, kissing a woman infront of her brother. This is the only thing I could think of to stop her. I don't know what would happen after this. Her brother might kick my as* off or  he won't allow me to marry her or what. But, I have to explain... at least...
 
 
Dara was quiet. Speechless with her eyes wide open, as well as her brother. 
 
 
"I was planning to... propsose. But, I lost the ring." I sighed and paused as words came out from my mouth. "Okay, I was finding the ring in the plane. I accidentally dropped it when the flight attendant accidentally dropped the plates, after we've arrived here, the ahjumma returned it. And while we were waiting for the car, a guy.... running... accidentally  bumped onto me and for the second time..." 
 
 
"Ugh... I'm so sorry,guys. I feel so stupid right now." I made a deep heavy breath. Couldn't look straight at them and suddenly I felt Dara's warm hands, on my cheeks. "Is that it?" She was smiling at  me but I was so disappointed with myself that I couldn't manage to say a word anymore. "Go on. In this kind of epic fail situation, ring doesn't matter. Right?" Thunder smiled. "Would you still like to?" Dara asked. 
 
 
"Of course... Please marry me." Ji Yong smiled. 
 
 
"Here. A temporary ring." Thunder handed him a silver ring from his necklace. "That's our grandma's." He chuckled. 
 
 
Ji Yong smiled and he inserted the ring on Dara's finger. "Though it doesn't fit my finger well enough." She chuckled. 
 
I realized that even if you have the most expensive diamond ring in this world, you couldn't still use it... Its still useless if an epic fail occured. And it isn't the one that'll make someone happy. Proposing is enough. Take note. Always expect the unexpected.
 
 
At least we would be getting married...soon...very soon...