DEAR READER, CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET? -JIYONG

I Just Called Him Idiot

 

CHAPTER 44

[JIYONG’S P.O.V]

Did you remember what I said in my P.O.V before?..The P.O.V that said I was at the mall buying something for Dara?(that ruined my day and made me lost my good mood and end up on being rude to Dara)..well..I have to be honest what is that ‘something’ I bought for her..
But can you keep a secret? If yes, then good. Well..I bought an engagement ring for her ‘cause obviously, I am planning to propose a wedding to her. But I’m planning to marry her after graduating from college.
SHHHH..zip your mouth okay?..thanks.^_^
I have to say, the ring is quite..well..expensive. Let’s just don’t mention the exact price ‘cause you might leave your mouth open until the ending of this chapter. Okay, back to the subject..I didn’t really care about the price..I bought it because it’s gorgeous..just like my girlfriend.

Now, I am driving to the airport with Dara. And I’m really really praying that there will be no delays that will happen on our way to New York. I can’t let Dara be put in danger again.
“What did they say?” Dara asked.
I kept my eyes on the road “Oh..uh..you mean our friends?..well, they’re now at the airport waiting for us.” I said.
Dara leaned and smiled “Looks like they’re really excited for our leave huh?” she said.
I smiled as well and rubbed the back of her palm. “Hmm..maybe.” I said.
Dara let out a deep sigh and looked out the window “I’ll miss Seoul..” then she looked down.

“Daraaaaaaa!!!!...” Bom said running as she came running toward Dara and gave her a bear hug.

“oof..” I heard Dara said.

“Yah..Bom, don’t hug her too tight. She just recovered from an operation, remember? Her wound is not yet healed completely.” TOP said as he pulled Bom way from Dara.

“Sorry ‘bout that, Dara.” He apologized as he wrapped his arms around Bom “And..Ji..Bro..We’ll miss you.” Then TOP hyung started to hug me..(but in a manly way).

“Yeah..Hyung’s right.” Daesung and Taeyang agreed and joined the TOP-AND-JIYONG-HUG-SESSION.

“ehem..” SeungRi cleared his throat “can I join?” he asked.

I let go of our TOP-AND-JIYONG-AND DAESUNG-AN-TAEYANG-HUG-SESSION and looked at him..I have to be honest..I sound like a girl now but..I can feel my eyes misty. I forgave him already and..he’s my bestfriend since pre-school..I can’t just forget all of that.

“Ofcourse, bro..” I said as I hugged him (ofcourse in a manly way as well even though I sound like a girl already.)
“Jiyong..take care of our Dara okay?” Minzy said.
I smiled and looked at Dara “ofcourse..” then back at Minzy.

“SeungRi, take care of your baby..arasso? Dara told SeungRi.
“Deh..” SeungRi said.

*             *             *

“Babe, what’s wrong?..are you alright?” I asked. We’re now inside the airplane and I found Dara’s face all soaked in tears.
She wiped her tears and sniffed “Yeah..it’s just that..it’s just that..that..I’ll miss everything..everyone.” she said then she started to cry a bit louder.
“Yeah..me too.” I said as I my hands to her hair to comfort her.

Now I’m starting to get bored. We’ve been travelling for hours and it’s killing me.
I have the ring inside my pocket and I’m a bit..well..excited to take it out and propose to Dara.
“Jiyong..” Dara’s voice said. I was so startled, I flinched.
“Wh-what” I asked. My voice was shakey.
“Nothing..” she said. That’s it?..nothing?..Oh well, I better go back to my thoughts. I can’t sit still on my seat. I’m dying to take out the ring and propose..Oh gahd.

I turned left..

I turned right..

then in the middle..


I just can’t sit still!!!...Oh gosh, this is killing me.
“Kwon Jiyong, will you please sit still?!..you’re annoying me.” Dara scolded. Okay, now she sounds like my Omma.
“yes mommy.” I mimicked like a little child.
“What?” she asked.
“Oh..uh..nothing.” I said. Then I took a deep breath. “Well..uh..Dara..” I said as I started to kneel infront of her. Then an ahjumma on the other side was looking at me like I was nuts and so is Dara.

“I just can’t wait for a few more hours to do this but..” (just to remind you..I already have the ring in my hands..I already took it out from the box.)
“Dara, will—“
Then the sound of broken plates cut us off.
“What was that?” Dara asked in a worried expression as she quickly stood up to check what it was. I stood up quickly as well.
It was the flight attendant who was serving food and accidentally dropped piles of plates.
I cleared my throat to get Dara’s attention..
“So uhm..” then I pulled her back to her seat and I started to kneel again.
“Dara..will—“ I was about to show her the ring then I realized that the ring is not in my hands already.
F*****************************************CK THIS SH*T!.
I lost it. I was so worried about the stupid plates that crashed I accidentally forgot about the ring and drop it as I stood up.

I started to look under the seats but there was no ring. AISHH..
“Jiyong?..are you alright? What are you doing?” Dara asked. I didn’t want to tell her that I am supposed to propose then I accidentally lost the ring. It would just spoil everything and I don’t want to worry her.
I faced her and tried to act normal as if nothing happened “Uh..nothing..nothing..” I said with a smile.
“Just uh..I said I’m sleepy. Let’s rest?” I said.
“Uh..okay.” Dara said.
<*sigh of relief> thank goodness she agreed and didn’t asked more questions. My eyes felt heavy and I decided to sleep a little and promise to look for it by tomorrow.

------------
HMMM..WILL JIYONG BE ABLE TO FIND THE RING?..OR HE’LL BE FORCED TO BUY ANOTHER EXPENSIVE RING?..LET’S SEE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. ^_^