SUIT & TIE: Final Fitting

SUIT & TIE

 

 

Vernon wasn’t able to return that night. Wonwoo had to pick him up. Thank goodness no one’s around the Ivanov mansion that night since Kai had his own business to attend to while Gavril was confident Jeonghan won’t leave.

 

“Call me.” Jeonghan noted on Jun.

.

.

.

“Vernon, if you see this message, call me as soon as possible.” Note stated in the beeper.

 

When Vernon had the chance to call, he reported that Soon Young was confirmed to be with Kai and EunWoo. He added that they were changing location.

 

Jun getting the message was already relieved to leave Vernon with that assignment. He was now looking forward talking to Minghao.

 

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING_

 

Minghao was called to meet with the agents. He thought it was a real deal. However, he didn’t know how to act. He was anxious. “You ready?” called Jeonghan from the landline. “Call me before taking any deal, alright?”

 

“Sure. I am pretty nervous.”

 

“Don’t be. Just be yourself. Tell them what you need.”

 

“Okay, I will contact you as soon as possible.”

 

Minghao, inside a private room in an isolated place waited for agents who promised to meet him. After a few more minutes, they appeared and it surprised him to see “Minhyuk!”

 

“That’s right. I am quite surprised you didn’t know yet. EunWoo didn’t tell you? He planned to kill me. He actually did kill me once.” Feeling angry as soon as he remembered. “He appeared as innocent as he could be. Tsk!”

 

“You are the spy?”

 

“You can say that but he’s just the man who delivers everything we tell him to.” stated the other. “I don’t think you remembered me.” JaeWon stated. In fact, Minghao wasn’t able to recognize him indeed. However, JaeWon was the person who saved Minghao from the raid when he was younger. He was also the one who saved him from drowning the last time he got engaged to a young Russian filaudite.

 

“I see you’ve changed your mind.” stated Minhyuk.

 

“I took this chance when the opportunity came.”

 

“May I know your reasons?” asked JaeWon.

 

“Jeonghan wanted to be free and I will give it to him.” Answered Minghao innocently yet arrogantly.

 

“You are trying to impress Jeonghan, if I am not wrong.” scoffed Minhyuk out of sarcasm.

 

“You can say that. I don’t know why I am doing this up until now.” Minghao admitted. “All I want is to make Jeonghan’s uneasiness go away.”

 

“Impressive. I didn’t know you can think of that?” asked Minhyuk.

 

“I didn’t know either until Jeonghan asked me the impossible.”

 

“Your life might be at risk here.” reminded JaeWon as he proposed what his deal was going to be. Minghao, knowing his crimes would probably give it the justification but he was scared that Jeonghan would go away.

 

“Jeonghan cannot know what I’ve done.” stated Minghao. “If I need to be in solitary (prison or an isolated place) during the investigation, let him visit me. That’s all I can ask.”

 

Looking like Minghao was really serious, Minhyuk warned “We are not the one to decide. Besides, you seemed not to know the weight of what will happen.”

 

“You might be right. I might end up miserable that’s why I need that deal. I know Jeonghan would never love the likes of me. So consider this as leverage.” Minghao stated.

 

JaeWon couldn’t believe what he’s hearing “You are ready to sacrifice everything just for the love you cannot have anyway?”

 

“I desired of him long before since I met him. I knew he could never be mine.” Minghao forced a smirk. “Seungcheol loved him so much. I can see why. Jeonghan is not an ordinary person. He didn’t do anything wrong to be with someone like me in the first place.” remembering a call he received last night.

 

<<

 

“Minghao, it’s me.”

 

Minghao hearing Seungcheol’s voice in calm tone threatened him much more than a reprimanding or angry one, considering what happened to Jeonghan and him. “Seungcheol? What’s this call for?”

 

“Listen to me… I want you to protect Jeonghan no matter what happens. That’s all I can ask for. Take care of him more than I should have.” Seungcheol with his trembling voice. “I am begging you.”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“I- I might not able to see him.”

 

“You sound strange. What is going on?”

 

“I will fight for the freedom my family deserved, Minghao. I know that what Jeonghan longs is the same thing. Give it to him and I will back out.”

 

“You are actually scaring me.” Knowing that he considered Seungcheol as a friend and rival, it was shocking to hear such words coming from his mouth.

 

Seungcheol smirked with a scoff. “You did consider me a friend, do you? You silly! And you dared to really get my wife with your little crush on him. You think I didn’t know you really liked Jeonghan?”

 

“You… is this some kind of a joke or even a threat?”

 

“No, Minghao. I am calling to tell you to take care of Jeonghan. I love him but I-“ pausing for a while with his regret “I didn’t’ deserve him.”

 

“Seungcheol, this really bothers me.” Minghao raised his concern.

 

“I am going to war, Minghao. I am not sure what’s gonna happen next.”

 

“Are you nuts?!” exclaimed Minghao.

 

“Take care, brother.” And Seungcheol hung up.

 

_END OF FLASHBACK>>>

 

 

Minghao before signing the agreement asked “What is it like to be free?”

 

At that time, JaeWon and Minhyuk clearly saw the ‘Minghao’ Jeonghan was talking about. They both realized that he was a victim too.

 

“All I can tell you is you might find true happiness in the freedom Jeonghan desires.”JaeWon smiled as he remembered how Nikita and Tristan looked like when they first met his family. Despite the sadness, they were able to move on and live a happy and free life.

 

“Thanks.” answered Minghao as he signed the agreement.

 

The agents gave their plan to Minghao before they left. Minghao, on the other hand, was getting himself ready to the possible danger he might face. After he got home he called Jeonghan as soon as possible. “I signed the agreement, Jeonghan.”

 

“What? Are you okay with that? I told you to-“

 

“I find it reasonable. I also asked something.” Minghao smiled. “Can we meet tomorrow before we go to Lancelot for the final fitting?”

 

“Of course. I would love to. I think we should meet at your place. Let me cook something for you.”

 

“That sounds nice.” Minghao smiled after hearing Jeonghan’s proposal. It eased his anxiety a bit.

.

.

.

Jeonghan made breakfast for his whole family, including Gavril and his brother Kai. He served everyone his home cooked meal but Jeonghan, Vera, Wonwoo and Vernon enjoyed their beautiful meal outside in the garden, if they may. They wanted a peaceful breakfast, at least before the chaos.

 

“One more!” Requested Wonwoo. But Wonwoo wasn’t the only one who wanted for second. Vernon and Vera as well.

 

“How could you cook this good right before the fitting?” Vera complained.

 

All of them giggled “I don’t know why. It just happened that I am in a mood for cooking. By the way, I need to go to Minghao’s place before the fitting.” Jeonghan smiled. “See you at Lancelot, alright?”

 

“Hyung… why would you-“

 

“Can I not go over a friend’s house?”

 

“Since when did he become a friend to you?” asked Wonwoo with one eyebrow lifted.

 

“You silly. You don’t know how he wanted to take care of me.”

 

“I do have a hint. He likes you so much that’s why.” Vernon stated.

 

“No doubt about that.” added Vera.

.

.

.

MINGHAO’S RESIDENCE IN ST. PETERSBERG_

 

Jeonghan and Minghao had a great chat over their meal. That’s the reason why Jeonghan didn’t eat much during their breakfast at his father’s mansion.

 

“I hope you liked the food that I cooked.”

 

“Sure does. No wonder why Seungcheol likes eating home.” Minghao stated “He always goes home everytime I ask him to go out, really. I’m glad to have tasted your cooking.”

 

“You will eat the food that I cook from now on.” Jeonghan noticed the other seemed uneasy. “Something bothering you?”

 

“I am a little scared.”

 

Jeonghan smiled and admitted “Honestly, me too.”

 

“I met Minhyuk and told me stories from the other side. I didn’t know he’s an agent.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised knowing that Minhyuk was still all over their case. Moreover, he introduced himself as an agent. “What?”

 

As Jeonghan looked surprised, Minghao was sure he had really nothing to do with the deal. “Let’s just have a successful operation, Jeonghan. Imagine we are just in the movie.”

 

“You are silly. Minghao, I didn’t get to tell you how grateful I am that you are with me. It means a lot.” Jeonghan took out a small box and gave it to Minghao. “I am supposed to give that to you tomorrow but I thought that would be our engagement gift.”

 

“Hold on. I have one too.” Minghao took his present from a drawer and gave it to Jeonghan. “Let’s open them together.”

 

Upon opening, both saw bracelets. They didn’t really expected it. Each had different character based on the design. “This looks elegant!” Minghao exclaimed as he never thought that a simple bracelet would look like that elegant. Minghao immediately wore it. “Thank you. I love it!”

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan was loss of words because the bracelet Minghao gave him was one of a kind. It has stones in every space on that small ring. “This is… Minghao, you did spend a lot with this.” as JEonghan recognized the stones attached on them. “This is beautiful! Thank you.”

 

“I know you didn’t want too much extravagant but, I couldn’t help. You deserve a jewelry every queen have."

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Thank you. That’s sweet of you.”

.

.

.

LANCELOT_RUSSIA

 

Abbot was arranging the orders before their clients arrive. Jun, on the other hand, was preparing weapons. “Bro! I think the couple is here!” Abbot shouted.

 

Jeonghan and Minghao met Vera, Kai and Vernon by the entrance. On the other hand, Wonwoo got to drive for Gavril from another meeting.

 

While waiting for the others to come, Jun went ahead to deliver their clothing to fit in each dressing room. Jun visited Minghao first and find him anxious. Obvious with the looks on his face. “You good?”

 

“Yeah.” Minghao trying to hide the fact that he’s thinking more than about the operation. He was also worried that if Jeonghan knew who he really was, he’d leave him just like anybody else.

 

“It’s natural to worry before the wedding.”

 

“No. Oh yeah. Of course.” Minghao stuttered then asked “Jun I know you and Jeonghan have special connection. Your friendship does tell me you knew him and he knew you too.”

 

“What are you trying to ask here, Minghao?”

 

“I mean, do you think, Jeonghan would stay with me?”

 

Jun smiled. He’s a little troubled to be honest because Jeonghan really does make people fall in love with him the moment they meet eyes. “No matter how bad your past is, Minghao. I assure you, if he says he’ll stay, he will.”

 

“That’s a relief.”

 

“You really are in love.”

 

Minghao was surprised but he didn’t have something to say either.

 

Next stop was Vera. Jun was briefing Vera about the plan as well as Vernon. He would do the same with Wonwoo. Meanwhile, checking upon Jeonghan, Jun uttered no words but fix the suit properly.

 

“You are not saying anything?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Just stand still.” Jun installing something on the collar and the cuffs.

 

Jeonghan stood still while Jun was busy finishing up the suit. The moment Jun was done he dropped everything quietly as he looked Jeonghan in the eye. “Jun?” Jeonghan frowned, quite puzzled with the other’s quietness. “Is th-“

 

Jeonghan’s words were cut when Jun suddenly reached for his lips. The kiss was so delicate and longing. The moment Jun cleared his thoughts, he felt ashamed and paused for a while. He had lost his mind for a moment and now he didn’t know what to feel. “I’m sorry.” said Jun. Still a bit dazed, he couldn’t figure out what to do next.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan became confused. He was in a state of shock and was frozen. It’s like the time stopped inside the dressing room. If its not for the loud crashing sound, they weren’t able to move to look and see what happened outside.

.

.

.

Wonwoo was driving Gavril to the boutique. They came across an intersection, just a few meters away from the shop when Wonwoo noticed a truck coming continuously from their sides. It happened so fast, Wonwoo couldn’t dock the truck coming their way.

 

It was a loud crash, even people from the next street would hear it loud and clear. That sound made Jeonghan and other come out to see. In their surprise, it was one of the Ivanov’s cars. The car was badly pressed on the right side by the truck while the other side was halted by a pole.

 

Jeonghan came crumbling down when he saw the scene. Minghao comforted him while Vernon tried to go towards the car to see if there’s anyone who survived.

 

Jun saw how bad the accident was, unfortunately, he had doubted that it was truly an accident after seeing Kai calm and smiling at the scene.

 

INSIDE THE CAR_

 

Wonwoo was badly hurt. He passed out for a few minutes but he managed to be aware of his surroundings. He felt his head spinning. When he opened his eyes, he had a recollection of the moment he saw the truck coming towards them. Wonwoo touched his head and saw blood coming out. Then, he looked beside him and saw Gavril Ivanov unconscious, possibly dead. The first thing he did was to check if Gavril was still alive. Wonwoo felt a weak heart rate on the old man’s pulse. He tried to pull him out but his body was pressed with the car’s body. The next thing he knew was being pulled out of the car.

 

“Hey, you okay?” asked Vernon and Jun the moment they brought Wonwoo to a safe place.

 

All saw the flame slowly eating the car until it exploded. Jeonghan and Vera were out of words when they realized that Gavril was left inside the car.

 

“This is-“ Minghao also lost his words while witnessing the event.

 

Wonwoo was brought to the hospital. He acquired injuries but he could still move. He was conscious. Fortunately, no major injuries for him. On the other hand, unfortunately, Gavril wasn’t able to survive the blow.

 

“Jeonghan. Is Jeonghan okay?” asked Wonwoo the moment he realized what really was going on.

 

“Wonwoo, I’m right here. Are you okay now?”

 

“You need to be extra careful.” Thinking of the possible culprit. “They are moving so fast. Something made him so angry.”

 

“What do you mean?” Vera added since she, together with Vernon, was with Wonwoo that time.

 

Wonwoo tried to remember what changed the night before the fitting, he narrated “Last night, Gavril changed some things. I remembered he say, he should have done this long ago. He said he wanted to put everything in place.”

 

“Are you sure you want to continue?” asked Jeonghan seeing Wonwoo hurting.

 

Wonwoo nodded and said “We don’t have time.”

 

“We postponed the wedding for dad. Although, it just got to last only for one day.”

 

“No, Jeonghan. That’s not it… I think Kai planned this. He had someone from the outside to do this.”

 

“EunWoo.” Vernon grunted.

 

 Wonwoo keeping himself awake, he added “They fought last night after he returned home. Kai argued about the will of your father but-“

 

“Let me guess, he chose Jeonghan to be his heir?” guessed Vera.

 

“It’s not like that. Gavril and Kai argued about his portion of will because he’s not contented with his share.” Wonwoo looking at the siblings, he continued “Gavril divided his properties equally to his children. When Kai knew, he obviously didn’t like it. I bet he will do his best to get what he think is fair.”

 

Everyone, even Vera was in complete shock upon Wonwoo’s revelation. “He did that?” Vera asked as if there’s no way she could believe it.

 

“Early this morning, the reason why he took me to drive him personally is to witness everything he planned to do. The last minute, Gavril chose to remove Kai as his main heir to his biggest companies. He left nothing but the castle and small businesses to Kai.”

 

“That would anger him if he knew.” Vera murmured.

 

“Once he knew about this, he’d come directly to you, Jeonghan. Your father left you the rest that’s Kai supposed to have.”

 

“Dad really didn’t know what to do with his treasures and his kids.” Vera sighed.

 

“I kept a copy to somewhere safe. One is kept by your family’s lawyer.”

 

“It’s unusual he trusted you.” frowned Vera.

 

Wonwoo smiled. “You two are busy. I guess he chose me because he knew I won’t stop him from doing so. I mean, he couldn’t trust Kai anymore, who else would he trust when you two are not present?”

 

The fact still fascinated Vera “I’d say, dad somehow loves me.” Vera added.

 

Wonwoo smirked. “He said he’s proud of how hard headed you are. It reminded him of you mother.”

 

“That might mean something… I have to go and fix dad’s ceremony.” As a daughter it was her duty. Moreover, she somehow felt sad after realizing his father really cared for her too.

.

.

.

Kai was meeting EunWoo at the restaurant.

 

“You are a devil. How could you do that to you father?” EunWoo stated after seeing Kai well after learning his father’s death.

 

“Well, Persephone, he’s been stubborn all my life. Unfair too. It’s really annoying and frustrating how he treats me. It’s time for me to rule. Anyway, job well done! You deserve a toast. That was on point.”

 

EunWoo smirked. “I didn’t know your brother Tristan would be the one driving.”

 

“Dad does whatever he feels like it.”

 

“Then, I guess, it’s father like son.” EunWoo toased with Kai. “Tristan survived, am I right?”

 

“Yes. I don’t care anyway. Do you have the tape I asked?”

 

“You should’ve considered it done once you ordered me to do so.” Tossing the tape, EunWoo added “You think Jeonghan would fold over that tape?”

 

“I have to make him fold. Did you do justice for me?”

 

“What do you think of me? That’s my specialty, Kai. Don’t you dare criticize my work.”

 

Kai chuckled “You are exceptional, EunWoo.”

 

“I know.”

.

.

.

That afternoon, a package was handed to Jeonghan the moment he stepped foot on the mansion/ castle. He asked where it came from but the guards didn’t know. When Jeonghan opened it, he saw a Betamax tape.

 

Vernon was the one who was with him when he saw the tape. It worried and angered Jeonghan at the same time. “They will pay for this.” Jeonghan grunted with fists and mouth clenched tightly.

 

The content of the video was his brother, Soon Young being tortured heavily. Even Vernon was angered on what he saw. It was brutal. “Hyung, let me take this. I need you to-“

 

“I will take care of this. I just need you to rescue Soon Young.” With tears he couldn’t hold anymore. “Vernon… please save Soon Young. He- he will die out there. Please!”

 

“What are you planning to do?”

 

“Keep Kai’s eyes on me.” with glaring eyes, Vernon could tell that Jeonghan wouldn’t just stop. “If I must kill him, so be it.”

 

“Hyung you will re-“ Vernon stuttered seeing Jeonghan was serious.

 

“Let me go with you.” Wonwoo volunteered. “You cannot do it alone.” carrying some silencer and a few new armory from Gavril’s collection. “I had the key. Don’t ask me how I got it.”

 

“You okay to fight?” asked Vernon.

 

“Are you kidding me? This is nothing.” Wonwoo grunted with a smirk.

 

“I’m sorry but can you do it tonight?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“You don’t have to apologize. We are waiting for orders like this.” Wonwoo answered.

 

“Besides, Jun cannot be bothered with this matter. I’ll update you. You and Vera should really stay close.” Vernon recommended.

 

“Gun.” Jeonghan requested making the two others alerted. “Hand me a gun.”

 

“Hyung, you cannot kill him.” Vernon reminded.

 

“Pray that I won’t see his face tonight.”

.

.

.

Wonwoo and Vernon were on their mission. They monitored every action of the guards and made their plan. Suddenly, they saw EunWoo and he was obviously in charge with Soon Young that time.

 

Wonwoo, surprisingly, brought a camera with him. Vernon was stunned “You cared bringing that device with you?”

 

“Well, Jeonghan said he’s too clean to get arrested after he was freed. This would help with the evidence. You see, we have technology to catch these guys.” Wonwoo smirked. He seemed enjoying the mission.

 

“Don’t tell me you are enjoying the situation.”

 

“Not really. But it’s nice to have someone beside me in a mission. It’s been lonely for the past few years.”

 

“Bet it does.” Vernon with binoculars watched their routes. It seemed they moved in some warehouse, which would be easier in case there’d be back fires. “I think we are ready, Wonwoo.” Looking at the other he asked honestly. “But I need to know first how good are you?”

 

“Probably not better than you or Jun but you can trust me.” Wonwoo assured.

 

“Once we get Soon Young, back me up.”

 

“Gotcha.”

 

“Don’t die in there.”

 

“No, I won’t.” Wonwoo smirked. “You gotta make a call.”

 

Vernon contacted Jeonghan and reported. “We are ready, hyung.”

 

“I trust you two. Bet back here alive. That’s an order.”

 

Both answered “Yes, hyung!” With glaring eyes and armory covering all over their bodies, the men armed themselves with the most powerful gun they’ve got.

 

“How about a competition.” suggested Wonwoo.

 

“That’d be great. I am telling you I won’t slack.” Vernon smirked.

 

“You got it.”

 

Vernon and Wonwoo went to the front door of the warehouse and started raining bullets to the people outside as if they were announcing war out loud.