SUIT & TIE: The General

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: The General

 

Night came to Choi’s Mansion, Se Jong thought she was dreaming upon the person she met by their door, happy and well despite some apparatus connected to half of his body. A complication and a abig scar he had after the accident. He could walk freely but not the same as before.

 

“Mom.” Greeted Minhyuk to his mom. While seeing his mom in awe, the young man embraced his mother tight because he knew he had caused her so much pain. “I’m back.” Minhyuk whispered dearly.

 

“If this is a dream… let me not open my eyes anymore.” murmured Se Jong who was crying nonstop.

 

“Mom. I am alive. You don’t have to worry. Sorry it took me so long to go here.” Se Jong adoring his son’s lovely face.

 

Se Jong rejoiced that night while talking to Minhyuk about the details. It was the happiest moment of Se Jong’s life as she promised to herself never let anyone take the people dear to her ever again.

 

“Don’t leave me anymore, Minhyuk.”

 

“Don’t worry mom, I am not going anywhere. Who says I will leave you?”

 

Cupping Minhyuk’s face. “Minhyuk, please tell your brother to stop what he’s doing. Let us take care of it.”

 

“I already told him. But he’s gone too far. Let me help.”

 

“My boy, I will not let you. Stay here. Nobody should know. Our enemy is more than the Chinese now. Did you know about Jeonghan’s identity?”

 

“Yes but not long until I’ve gone missing. I’m worried about him too.”

 

“Son, let us talk to Jeonghan. I think he’d understand.”

 

“We cannot let him go, mom.”

 

“Tell me, Minhyuk, do you love Jeonghan?” As Se Jong suspected.

 

“For sure.” Minhyuk admitted awkwardly.

 

“Then why give him to Seungcheol?”

 

“He can protect him. I’ve been chased mom. I cannot drag him to the grave with me.”

 

“And you think keeping him would do us good?”

 

“We have but one more alas with him, mom. Besides, I dragged him into this. He is my responsibility. Let’s have faith. We can all get out from this mess.”

 

 “You don’t know who to trust, son.”

 

“That’s why I have you, Seungcheol, and Jeonghan.” Minhyuk smiled.

 

“And your father?”

 

“Nope. I probably don’t. He’s a bit-“ sighing. “I don’t know. I thought I somehow felt so distant from him.”

 

Se Jong became sadden. “Then, stay hidden. They will not stop without getting you.”

 

“I might need a little rest. I’ll ask people for favors, don’t worry, no one will know that I came back from grave.”

 

.

.

.

NIGHT_ CHOI RESIDENCE

 

Jun appeared suddenly by the door without prior notice. It alerted the young couple to hear a doorbell in the middle of the night. Seungcheol advised Jeonghan to stay behind while he checked.

 

“It’s Jun.” said Seungcheol.

 

“Thank goodness he is fine.” Jeonghan said in relief.

 

“I don’t think he’s that fine.” Stated Seungcheol with a sigh showing jealousy. “You are that happy, huh?”

 

Jeonghan rushed to the door to meet Jun. On the other hand, Jun greeted Jeonghan with a warm smile as always despite the bruises and stitches all over his body.

 

“You look terrible.”

 

“I am. I shouldn’t show myself in this state because I know you would scold me but I can’t wait any longer. May I come in?”

 

“You’ve disappeared suddenly, Jun. You made us worry.”

 

“I say, there’s no need to worry. This is my job. May I come in?”

 

Jeonghan welcomed him warmly.

 

“Glad to see you alive, Jun.” Stated Seungcheol.

 

“I cannot die easily, Seungcheol.” Handling him documents regarding the unexpectedly wide business of illegal drugs even in high positions of the government. “That’s what Agent Jacob recovered from Judge Yoon.”

 

“Did you meet dad?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“He fetched me.”

 

“Is he fine?”

 

“Yes.” Jun smiled as Jun looked at Seungcheol. “You know what to do.”

 

“Will hand these discretely to the officer.”

 

“Officer?” asked Jeonghan cluelessly. “Don’t tell me-“

 

“He’s involved anyway.” Said Jun. “You can’t stop him, Jeonghan.”

 

“He has a duty.” Added Seungcheol.

 

“Seungcheol. We’ve talked about this.” Jeonghan grunted.

 

“He’s the one asking.”

 

“And you allow it?”

 

“Nope. I said no, but he got his way in. It’s more dangerous if he’d act alone… He should have a backer.” looking at his wife fuming in anger. “You better not confront him like that Jeonghan. He will only rebel against you.”

 

Jeonghan knew Seungcheol was probably right. “Tell me what he’s up to.”

 

“He’s joining the Lees.” Added Seungcheol in dread.

 

“What?” Jeonghan answered stressfully.

 

“I know. I’m sorry, he moved all by his own this time.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“It must be my fault.” stated Jun. “I will back him up. You don’t have to worry.” Looking serious, finally. “But you… we need to know your plans too, Jeonghan. You’ve been on your own recently.”

 

Guess Jun had found him. “It’s not that dangerous.”

 

“I am listening, Jeonghan.” said Seungcheol partly interrogating since Jeonghan has been keeping secrets from him.

 

“That’s nothing. I just- I just gained partners. That’s all.”

 

“You better not stick your nose out there, Jeonghan. It’s too dangerous for you.” Stated Seungcheol.

 

“Not only for me but for you too. We need back up, Cheol. You plans cannot work hundred percent, mind you.”

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Coz I know you won’t allow. I cannot stay being the princess in this relationship. I am not as weak as you think.”

“Let’s discuss these matters to make it concrete.” suggested Jun.

 

“I will meet Minghao tomorrow.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“You should not flirt with him. He’s a monster, you know that.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“I agree with Seungcheol. That man knows no limit when he’s obsessed with something or someone.”

 

“In that case, you can keep me safe, right?”

 

The two older men became hopeless.

.

.

.

 

RESTAURANT_

 

Minghao’s meeting with Jeonghan beside the Choi Shipping’s Main Office.

 

Minghao and his assistant, who’s legs were partially impaired due to the shot the last time Minghao had doubts, were waiting calmly by the reserved seats Jeonghan booked.

 

“Hi! I believe you arrived early.” Greeted Jeonghan as he sat with his lovely smile.

 

“No. We have just arrived.” Said Minghao with gladness. “Let’s eat first, shall we?”

 

“Of course! I hope you’ll like it here.” Jeonghan looking at the assistant standing beside them who seemed looking pale. “Wonwoo, come seat with us. I’m sure it’s alright for Minghao, right?”

 

However Wonwoo declined politely.

 

“I’ll be fine here.”

 

Jeonghan looked Minghao. “Minghao… I’m not comfortable with him standing up.”

 

Minghao, without a doubt, easily gave up. “Alright.” Looking at his assistant to let him know that he’s allowed to eat. Pretending that his leg wasn’t hurt didn’t work on Jeonghan as he noticed.

 

“You look hurt.” Said Jeonghan.

 

Minghao became alerted.

 

“No. I’m fine.” Answered Wonwoo tenderly. Minghao darted his eyes to his assistant upon hearing a cheesy tone from his cold assistant. It gives him chills every time Wonwoo does that.

 

“What happened? You look so pale, Wonwoo. You cannot escape my eyes.” Jeonghan scolded.

 

“Just lack of sleep.” Wonwoo smiled. “I made sure all the designs are perfect for your taste, Vice President. I don’t want to fail you.”

 

“Oh dear. I’m sorry.”

 

“Nothing to worry about. I’ve been busy as well.” Wonwoo giggled. “It was young master’s fault.” Said him confidently.

 

Minghao was alerted.

 

“Oh no! You should take care of yourself.”

 

“I will. Thank you… You too, Minghao. You are looking pale. What’s happening to you guys?” Jeonghan played with Minghao as usual.

 

Feeling flattered that Jeonghan also noticed him. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I felt better after seeing you, Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan giggled lovingly. “Thank you.”

 

Sketches of the designs were presented during their lunch but prototypes were shown inside Jeonghan’s office.

 

“They are lovely!” he exclaimed in excitement after seeing Wonwoo’s elegant yet minimalistic designs as desired. “Just as I want it to be. Thank you.”

 

“Glad you like it.”

 

“Of course! And you know… I’ve just talked to Ms. Vera about this. I think she wants to open her own in Russia as well.”

 

“But that business is only for you.” Said Minghao.

 

“I know honey. That’s why when she goes to you. Give her another option. Wonwoo is mine. Please.” Said Jeonghan. Wonwoo smiled.

 

“How about me?” pouted Minghao.

 

Jeonghan enjoyed how he played like a baby. “Oh Minghao. Don’t worry, you will be always a darling for me.” He winked. “It’s just business. Isn’t it good for you?”

 

“You think so?” asked Minghao seeing blindly with Jeonghan’s ideas.

 

“Well, I feel honored that you made this business exclusive for me but I think you should talk. After that, you can decide.”

 

Wonwoo stepped out for a while. Jeonghan noticed he did it for a talk. He excused himself after a few seconds from Minghao to go to the washroom and meet Wonwoo.

 

“You okay, Wonwoo?” asked Jeonghan worriedly.

 

“Yeah. Somehow.”

 

“You look really unwell. Should I give you medical assistance?” looking at the other’s pale complexion.

 

“No. Not needed.”

 

“Can you tell me what happened?”

 

“He found out.”

 

“And?” asked Jeonghan nervously.

 

“You are right, the pin saved me.”

 

“Do you think he buys it?”

 

“I don’t know yet.”

 

“Then, let me call someone. Hang in there, Wonwoo.” Jeonghan smiled as he touched Wonwoo’s face affectionately.

 

“Thank you but you don’t have to do so much. I am afraid I might drag you into this.”

 

“Worry not.” Jeonghan winked. “Let me play a role.”

 

Jeonghan see them both by the door with a smile after the meeting but Minghao couldn’t help but notice that Jeonghan was somehow forcing it.

 

“Something wrong, Jeonghan? You can’t keep secrets with those lovely eyes of yours, honey. It’s too expressive, I can easily tell.”

 

Jeonghan showed a surprised expression. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. I was just preoccupied by something.”

 

“Seungcheol… and I am guessing his childhood sweetheart who is too perfect. I will admit that I am quite scared of him.” Minghao suspected and bluntly admitted as it was the initial and only problem Jeonghan talked about with him the last time. “That bastard needs a kick on the .” He grunted showing empathy to Jeonghan despite the favorable situation for him. “I will talk to him. You might want to talk to somebody too. You can just call me. I’ve got plenty of time today.”

 

“Thank you, Minghao. That’s sweet of you.” Jeonghan thinking of how he could talk to Wonwoo much longer, he suggested “You know what… I might be taking all your time this time. You are right! I need to let it out before it kills me. I will not go home tonight. Let’s spend the night together in one of our ships and relax.”

 

Minghao was glad. “Thank you for the invitation.”

 

“I will prepare food for you and for Wonwoo as a token of my gratitude.” Minghao displayed dismay once he heard that Wonwoo would have to join them. “You two need rest and reward! And I need relaxation.”

 

It’s an acceptable reason and quite a privilege to decline. Minghao approved of it. Besides, he could easily drove Wonwoo somewhere if he doesn’t want to see him.

 

 

.

.

.

Vernon was out on the field while Seungkwan was assigned for Seungcheol as of the moment since Jeonghan said he’d stay in the new renovated ship that night. The handsome body guard was to deliver the documents to the young officer he’d meet in their house.

 

“Officer.” Vernon called.

 

Soon Young was surprised with the visit that night. “Hyung! What can I do for you?”

 

“Seungcheol hyung made me deliver these to you.” Seeing a basket of chocolate assuming there’s an information beneath a pile of imported goods. Looks good and appealing as well.

 

“Oh. Thank you!”

 

“Come in.” he offered.

 

“No need. I have to run another errand, Soon Young.” Smiled Vernon. “Enjoy the chocolate. And Jeonghan hyung said don’t eat it at once.”

 

“I know that.” Said Soon Young pouting as he saw Vernon driving with a grin on his face.

 

Meanwhile, he went to some cold place where no one would easily see him. During that night, he turn his headlights on and off repeatedly signaling that he was ready to meet. A young man stood in front of the car. Seemed familiar.

 

The younger man knocked. Wearing his jacket and cap. It was difficult to recognize the stranger. Vernon let him in as he received a pile of documents immediately after he entered.

 

“Is that all?” asked Vernon for an unexpectedly small amount of data.

 

“That’s all you need.” The other man revealed his face.

 

“Chan!” Vernon recognized vaguely.

 

The boy smirked. “I surprised you, aren’t I?” settling a little bit on the seat he added. “You are fighting against your boss.”

 

Vernon admitted quietly.

 

“You must be very angry.”

 

“It’s a long story, kid.”

 

“I can tell. You. Quietly waiting for the right time. That’s a hell of a patience, Mr. Chwe.”

 

“Yeah. It was hard at first.”

 

“That document, the governor said keep it discreet. He doesn’t want his name on it.”

 

“Tell him he has nothing to worry.” Assured Vernon. “He knows very well how I work.”

 

“Got that. Can you drop me somewhere? I don’t know if there’s any transportation left here. It’s too late.”

 

“To where?”

 

“My house.”

.

.

.

The night wasn’t finished with Vernon yet. After driving Chan to a house near the shore, he drove to Atty. Lee’s office.

 

Lights distracted DK’s sight from the 2nd floor of his house. It was blinking brightly, he had to answer. It was an immediate visit and he assumed it is of a discreet manner.

 

DK’S PRIVATE OFFICE_

 

“What can I do for you?” asked DK to the man carrying an important message with the folder he’s holding.

 

“I thought you need me.” Smirked Vernon passing the document to the young lawyer.

 

Receiving the folder, DK asked Vernon to seat as he gave a drink.

 

“You’ve been working hard.” Said Attorney Lee pouring a scotch onto Vernon’s cup.

 

“I have been.” Taking the pleasure of the scent of the expensive scotch.

 

Looking on what’s inside. “My cousin did well.” approved of the war that’s coming. “You are probably right.” Looking at the body guard sitting with him.

 

Vernon smirked with confidence.

 

“I need you.”

 

“Tell me what to do, Atty. Lee.”

 

“How about Seungcheol and Jeonghan?”

 

“I will take care of them after I receive your order.”

 

“Clever. What do you want in return?”

 

“Freedom.” The other stated.

 

DK smirked. “Very well. If freedom is what you wished. I am here to back you up.”

 

“And the order?” asked Vernon.

 

“Don’t be in a hurry. Why don’t you stay here for a while, Vernon? Let’s hang out a bit.”

 

“I don’t have much time to rest, I am afraid. Maybe next time.”

 

“Alright.” despite feeling disappointed, he went to open his cabinet, took out a very beautiful gun and said “I want you to punish the man who ordered my mother’s execution. Clean.”

 

“I cannot promise a clean scene. I am fighting with a possible match here.” Said Vernon.

 

“I see. Can you do it?” half doubting on the sicario.

 

“You are not in the position to doubt me right now, Atty.” Said Vernon feeling playful as of the moment.

 

“Well, I am.” with a sarcastic tone and expression.

 

“You don’t have to worry. You know why I am better than anybody else?” He smirked as he finished his scotch without a single drop. “I got nothing to lose. I love games like this. Either way is freedom for me.” pertaining to both success and death. Whichever comes first.

 

“We are good, then.”

 

“I should get going.” stated Vernon confidently. “I am going to make them pay.”