SUIT & TIE: Alternative

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: Alternative

 

Choi Shipping Main Office_

 

SeokMin arrived into Seungcheol’s office at the right time before he left. Seungcheol wasn’t expecting him at all. Nonetheless, he tried to entertain him the best as he could.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Seungcheol the moment his dear friend SeokMin entered.

 

“You are so cold as ever, Cheol. I wonder how Jeonghan manage to forgive you with that attitude.”

 

Seungcheol smirked. “This won’t work with him. He’s rebellious than I am. All I do is to submit to him and get what he wants.” As he invited the kind lawyer to seat.

 

“Oh! Good for you then and for the people around you knowing that you are much tamer than the Queen. Did you know that a smart Queen makes a good king?”

 

“I know.”

 

“Anyway, I met Jeonghan just right before I went to you.”

 

“You go to our house?”

 

“Yes, for Mr. Yoon’s case. We cannot talk somewhere else, it’s too complicated.”

 

“I see. And what’s the reason of your visit?”

 

“You little brat continue to do whatever work your brother has left before he went missing, are you?”

 

“You know my brother?”

 

“Aigoo. Did he not mentioned me? Not even once? I’m sure he’s always telling things about you. I almost think that I am a brother too.” He teased.

 

“Not a-“ when he recalled Minhyuk was telling about this friend, Seungcheol forgot the name, that’s going to college and stating that he’d be sad because they’d go to a different university. “Well, yeah. He might have mentioned you once.”

 

DK became hopeless.

 

“You are very smart.” Seungcheol leaning towards the table. “How did you find out?”

 

“You’re brother is worried about you.”

 

“And how am I supposed to believe you? We are on a different side.”

 

“You mean Jihoonie? Don’t get me wrong. I am a different. I came from a very humble family. My career is a hard earned.”

 

“Right. What is it you want to talk about?”

 

“I just want to advise to stop whatever you are doing Seungcheol. You know that those dogs won’t easily let go of a traitor.”

 

“I am very aware of that.” Remembering the dead man shot innocently-although, part of their gang doing illegal things.

 

“I don’t think you get it.” Said SeokMin firmly.

 

“Believe me, I do. A man shot in front of me without even giving him the benefit of the doubt. I’m sure I would totally get it.”

 

SeokMin was worried despite the surprise. “Who did it?”

 

“The Chinese brat, Xu Minghao. Who else? He’s a total psycho.”

 

“Well, aside from the Russian, he’s the only one I could think of.”

 

“Interesting that you don’t suspect your beloved cousin.”

 

“He’s not the kind of guy. He’s just greedy but he never handle those things. He doesn’t like dirty stuffs. No wonder how he made that reaction the last time he was gone.” Recalled how pissed the small Governor was.

 

Seungcheol smirked. “Anything else? I’m hungry and I want to go home.”

 

“Ya! You are not listening!”

 

“Did you know that Minhyuk planned our marriage?”

 

“What?” exclaimed SeokMin. Another mystery huh?

 

“Seems the answer is ‘No.’” smirked Seungcheol after SeokMin exaggeratedly “Well not exactly arrange. He agreed to it.”

 

“What’s with him?” asked SeokMin curiously.

 

“I don’t know. Jeonghan told me that Minhyuk confessed his love to him.”

 

“Well, that’s what I thought from the way he told me about that mysterious someone. But it is weird, you see? Instead of him marrying the love of his life, why give him to you?”

 

“It’s as if he knows where his life would end.” Sadden Seungcheol.

 

“But Cheol, Jeonghan knows something. If Minhyuk wanted to protect him because he simply loved him, engaging him with you is not the way. There’s something fishy about it, don’t you think?”

 

“That’s what I’ve been curious about. So what are you thinking?”

 

“There is something about him that we don’t know.” SeokMin started questioning Jeonghan’s existence and his secrets. “Probably, Minhyuk knew this that’s why he chose to give you Jeonghan instead.”

 

Seungcheol squinted his eyes and thought deeper. “Is it possible?”

 

SeokMin couldn’t tell just yet. He’s still missing that certain piece. Seemed like the two families were hiding something. He thought that he might be keeping the investigation regarding that for the meantime. He wanted to find out all by himself before he make a move.

 

Meanwhile the body guards outside started a conversation awkwardly. Vernon has seen many assistants with SeokMin since his service with the old Choi. He could tell that no one really stayed for long. Now it’s new again. Guess, its SeokMin’s game to keep changing players.

 

“You may sit.” Vernon started the conversation.

 

“No. I’m going to be fine.” Sent a sweet smile unlike his previous badass and boastful assistants from before. It’s so refreshing to see a sweet person beside a devil.

 

“I insist. I think it’s going to be long.” Said Vernon observing the two talk from the outside.

 

“Alright then. Thank you.”

 

“Would you like anything? I can ask for water, tea or coffee for you.”

 

“Coffee, then. Thank you.” Said him confidently as if he’s not afraid of anything.

 

“Got that.” He smiled and asked an assistant to get those for the both of them.

 

“You are new.” Vernon got curious again.

 

“Yeah. By the way, my name is Joshua.” Reaching his hand to the other man.

 

“Vernon.”

 

“Nice to meet you.” Said the two.

 

“How long have you been working for Attorney?”

 

“Just a few weeks ago.” Smiled him.

 

“I see. You look like the most fragile among his previous candidates.”

 

“Many told me that.”

 

“What makes you join him?”

 

“He’s been asking me about this job a year ago. I am just a bartender, but he wanted me to apply for a high position like this and said he’d train me.”

 

“Interesting.”

 

“He’s persistent. We play chess. From there on, he keeps coming back just to play the game with me.”

 

“I see. He must have seen something in you.”

 

“He hates me when he loses. He even said he likes me because he hates me. He’s absurd, to be honest.”

 

Vernon smirked. “Must be hard for you.”

 

“Can’t deny it. It’s been only weeks since he started teaching me, but I don’t think I will get used to it.”

 

“He’s a dangerous man.” Suddenly uttered by Vernon.

 

Joshua looked at him and smiled. “That’s what I notice too.”

 

“If you need anything. I will be available for a talk. Though, I can’t give a good advice, just to listen.” He chuckled. “Jeonghan hyung always call me for that.”

 

“Your other boss?” Diverted his interest to the younger boss the Chois have. “He’s brave and intelligent, that’s what I think of him.”

 

“You can tell? Well, he is.” Vernon proudly announced.

 

“I can see, you like him more than your boss here.”

 

“Yeah. He’s more of a human, I should say.”

 

“I guess, you have a point. Why did you apply for this job, Vernon?”

 

“I am like an adopted son to them. I lost my parents when I was very young. Mr. Choi adopted me.”

 

“You live with them, you mean?” concluded Joshua.

 

“Yes. Like a family. And Seungcheol hyung is like a brother to me. He’s not like that before.” He sighed.

 

“There must be a problem.”

 

“Yes. His heart broke into pieces.”

 

“That’s a tragic.” Paused in a while and excused himself from the conversation after seeing Seungkwan going towards them holding some documents Jeonghan forwarded to be signed by Seungcheol.

 

“Seungkwan?” wondered Vernon because he’s never seen him delivering that late. At the same time, he introduced the both to each other. It was a little shock for Seungkwan, although, he managed to calm himself down before he could create a big fuss over seeing a person, he’s not supposed to know.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Vernon looking at his clock pass eight in the evening.

 

“Jeonghan hyung wanted to give this to Seungcheol hyung because he knew he was still here. And I have to get something I left.” Sighed after his messy day.

 

“I’ll have it. You go home right now.”

 

On the other hand, Joshua interrupted and said “I’m sorry, could you give something to Vice President Choi. I think I might have left out something. It’s from Mr. Yoon. It’s so careless of me.”

 

“A letter?”

 

“Yes. Mr. Yoon said, it’s a letter for his wife?” answered Joshua.

 

“Oh! Probably for her birthday.” Said Seungkwan.

 

Joshua smiled. “Will go with you. Can you wait for me?”

 

“Sure.” Smiled Seungkwan.

.

.

.

 

SEMI; COLON BAR_

 

Jun met the ‘Tailor’ that late night inside an unusual space inside a bar. It’s a small room for private conversations.

 

“Any news, Tailor?” asked Jun who’s playing the role of the Soldier in the team, being the one on the field.

 

“We are going to move fast.” Stated the ‘Tailor’, a nickname being the one to connect all the agents across Korea. He’s the one in charge- Joshua Hong. There’s a reason why he’s asked to do it. He patches circumstances, documents and people to create a way to connect. He has the same as Jacob Holmes during his time. He had to wait for years to build his character in a certain place. Live it to blend while doing the assigned mission.

 

“I discovered something and it might change my plan. I have to confess about things that I might need in order to succeed. By the way, ‘Tinker’ brought me the message personally.” Said Jun.

 

“Have you find him?” asked Joshua.

 

“Yeah. He’s in a very dangerous battlefield right now.”

 

Joshua agreed as he bit his lips, “I know and we must keep him alive. We owe him half of this case, Soldier.”

 

“How did you find him and why did the CIA send him really?”

 

Joshua started telling a story “He found me after talking to Agent Holmes and Jeonghan. About his mission, I don’t really know the instructions the higher ups gave him. They said he managed to survive among the 7 agents that was dispatched.”

 

“I see. I almost got him killed.” Said Jun. “I was tracking Jeonghan when I was alerted by a kidnapping.”

 

“Thank god, you didn’t.”

 

“It just confused me how Jeonghan made a weird action like he’s known him. Someone close.”

 

“Set that aside first, soldier. For now let’s focus on agent Jacob Holmes.”

 

Jun was interested hearing it. He was trying to find the man for a long time.

 

“He’s using the alias Yoon JaeWon, Jeonghan’s father. He’s in great danger. They want him dead. Listen. Let’s find the traitor who busted them out the operation. He’s still alive right now.”

 

Jun heard this story all over again just like what his father Moon Lancelot was telling him. Now he knew there were conspiracies on each other’s statements. But it didn’t confuse him, instead, he actually find out about the truth. It’s by Wonwoo’s revelation.

 

“Leave it to me, Tailor.”

 

“Don’t act on your own.” Reminded Joshua.

 

“Don’t worry, everything will be reported to you. I will make sure it’s clean.” Jun stated.

 

“About Choi Jeonghan. You might have encounter him many times.” Stated Joshua.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I know him. Now, it’s clear to me.” Said Joshua which brought surprise on Jun’s face.

.

.

.

CHOI RESIDENCES_ LAWN

 

After reading a note left under the coast from the new secretary of SeokMin, he was confused. The note stated “You are in trouble, Jeonghan. You need SeokMin for now. Stay put and be careful. I received the Keeper’s message from you. Let’s meet soon. Will let you know. - Tailor”

 

On the other hand, forwarding the message to Jeonghan, Seungkwan noted it on the top of the files so his boss would notice. Jeonghan read it and he knew he was about to get ready.

.

.

.

Seungcheol came back not in a good mood. It was late and Jeonghan thought he was tired. He let him do whatever he wished to. He just asked if he’d eat, but when Seungcheol declined, Jeonghan immediately rest. That night was a cold night. Seungcheol chose to sleep at the couch without Jeonghan knowing. Morning came, that’s when Jeonghan knew there was a problem.

 

That morning, the only normal thing Seungcheol made was the usual reading of newspaper and drinking his coffee. The rest was unusual. Jeonghan tried to ask him about the problem, but Seungcheol said “I need to work on something. I’m sorry, I am busy.”

 

That moment, Jeonghan felt the heaviness in that statement. He was scared of Seungcheol for the first time. That’s when he had the idea to go to SeokMin to have an appointment to see his father.

 

Jeonghan consulted him about the things that bothers him.

 

“Did you tell attorney SeokMin about all of us, dad?”

 

“He knows nothing yet, Jeonghan. I didn’t tell him.” holding his son’s hands. “Let’s wait for the signal. I need you to be alert.”

 

“Should I trust my instinct?”

 

JaeWon smiled. “You’re best at it, Jeonghan. I trust your decisions.”

 

“And what if I am wrong?”

 

“You will be fine, honey. You are brave and powerful. I know we can get all through this. I love you, son.”

 

Jeonghan nodded and tried to be brave.

 

“I am sorry for everything.” Said JaeWOn.

 

“That’s not a problem dad. I am grateful to you and to mom. I should do my part as well.”

 

“Son, please, don’t do anything. I’ve called for help. For now, let’s rely on Atty. Lee.” Worried JaeWOn.

 

.

.

.

Going back home from the visit he had with his father, Jeonghan, upon pondering in a short while, suddenly asked Seungkwan to drive him to Lancelot. Seungkwan had to make turns just to chase the light going to the other side.

 

“Do you need to collect something?”

 

“No. I just want to make an appointment.” Answered Jeonghan calmly but his mind was all in chaos. Better know the answers to his questions and confirm his doubts so he could move forward.

 

LANCELOT_

 

As usual, after the bell rang, they immediately could see the gorgeous man greeting for them. Although with a surprise on his face seeing unexpected guests.

 

“Jeonghan, what can I do for you?” Asked Jun. However, indicating that Jeonghan had this serious concern, he would go straight to the point. “Something had happen, isn’t it?” Meanwhile, Seungkwan was left outside.

 

 “We need to talk.” this time, Jun noticed something strange about Jeonghan. Instead of showing fear or naughtiness, the beautiful male displayed fury. He seemed uneasy.

 

Jun was startled. He’s never seen Jeonghan so furious or maybe anxious as before. This time, he loses his composure and knocked himself with emotions he’s been keeping from the stress.

 

They went inside a dressing room with what they assumed props, Seungkwan had clearly no idea what they’re going to talk about but he guessed that it’s about marriage, since he witnessed Seungcheol not in a very good mood this morning.

 

Alone in the dressing room, the furious stare Jeonghan was masking on his beautiful face became more intense as he asked. “Is it you?” questioning the identity of the tailor ever since he felt strange from the man in black who tried to rescue him from Wonwoo.

 

Jun became confused. “I don’t get what you are talking, Jeonghan. State it clearly.”

 

“That night I was kidnapped, was it you?” begging for the truth because it’s been haunting him for long now. He knew that his guts might have lead him to the truth this time.

 

Jun paused a bit and became serious and admitted “If you are asking about the man who pointed a gun cold bloodedly to the man who captured you, then, yes. It was me.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He almost ran out of breath when he learned. “Tell me the truth, Jun. Who are you, really?” feeling betrayed by some childish play they were trying to lure him.

 

“It’s better if you know me as I am now.” Said Jun coldly. That made Jeonghan remember how Seungcheol treated him since yesterday as if they don’t care.

 

“Oh, god!” Jeonghan covered his face in surprise. Walked back for a little space to breathe. “What is it that you want from me?” he became anxious, feeling lost at the moment.

 

“I’m just here for a job.”

 

“Is this planned from the very beginning? From the first time we met in the ship, did you just play with me?” disbelief, Jeonghan felt his heart broke. “How dare you!”

 

Jun didn’t know the reason when did this happen and why but the only thing he could do right now is to hold Jeonghan tightly on his arms. “I’m sorry I kept these things from you. I cannot blame you but help me understand where is this coming from?”

 

“Answer my question first, Jun!” Jeonghan demanded desperately.

 

“Our first meeting… that was unplanned. The rest is.” Jun confessed.  

 

It brought tears on Jeonghan’s eyes. “!” he was messed up. As Jeonghan couldn’t contain anymore, he fell into his knees with tears overflowing down to his cheeks. He looked restless and quite emotional “I’m tired, Jun. I’m so tired.” Crying endlessly.

 

Jun took pity on him. He grabbed the other’s arms gently and pulled him back on his feet. “Tell me how can I help.” offered Jun with the sincerity in his heart.

 

Trembling, devastated and drowning in tears Jeonghan was having a breakdown “I-I really don’t know.”

 

Jun hushed the poor beauty as he wiped Jeonghan’s tears gently. “Come here.” Welcoming the sad beauty into his arms, so warm and tight.

 

“I don’t know who to trust right now. I’ve decided to do this mission whole-heartedly before. I was sure I that I can but-“ He breathed heavily. “suddenly, all are becoming impossible. I- I don’t even know why Seungcheol is acting like that.”

 

“Jeonghan!” Jun reprimanded. “You are not like this. Look at you! You are a mess. If you started this, then at least, finish it! Don’t be scared when the future isn’t giving you a clear sign of victory, be scared when you are losing yourself for a goal. I will be with you. Always.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. Probably getting awaken by the scolding as he realized that Jun might be someone who was watching along the shadows. “You knew.” still scared as he moved far from the man. “You knew about me and my family. You knew about everything!”

 

“I know all about you but I don’t know about everything.“ showing his tapping devices. “I knew you more from here. I am called by your husband to work for him. And you happened to be working with my colleague and now partner, ‘Tailor’, who came here years before me.”

 

Surprised as he was he asked “Then, tell me how am I supposed to trust you now?” clearly with fear on his eyes after learning that the person he knew was just a fantasy created by heartless people just for a mission. Jeonghan felt a total idiot.

 

“You don’t have to. Believe in yourself.” Advised the man. “Stand firmly, Jeonghan! Use your strength to protect your family. If you need to numb a part of your heart, so it won’t hurt, then do so.” Jun trying to condition Jeonghan as desperate as possible. “Look, you’ve come this far. I know it keeps getting harder but you can’t leave now. If you need help, I will be here.” Said the tailor sincerely.

 

“Seungcheol is not the same person as yesterday. His stares are killing me. I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Relax, Jeonghan.” Calmed the tailor. “I’ll let you sober here for a while, but I need you to go back home as soon as possible. Seungcheol sure is waiting.”

 

“I’m so scared of him right now.”

 

“Do you have a clue why he’s acting like that?”

 

“None.”

 

Jun couldn’t help but to think what could possibly offend Seungcheol.

 

On the other hand, finding an empty house that night, Seungcheol got easily furious. Even Vernon was surprised on how angry he was when he learned that Jeonghan wasn’t in the house.

 

“Call Jeonghan.” Ordered Seungcheol coldly.

 

Vernon abided. Seungkwan was the one to answer and told them the truth. Immediately, Seungcheol ordered “Get me there. Right now!”

 

Vernon was terrified on how his boss acted. He suddenly became like that ever since he talked to SeokMin the other day. “What has happened, hyung? Is there anything I can help?”

 

However, Seungcheol ignored and displayed an angry expression. That time, Vernon was afraid that Jeonghan might get hurt. He didn’t know yet the reason but Seungcheol looks dangerous.

 

Arriving at the store, Seungcheol walked fast and heavy. Even Seungkwan was scared of how he appeared before them.

 

“What happened?” asked Seungkwan to Vernon.

 

“I don’t know either. Where have you been?”

 

“We met Attorney this morning. Then to the prison.”

 

“How did you two get here?”

 

“Jeonghan hyung ordered me so. But I don’t know the reason.”

 

Vernon sighed heavily. Seungkwan was puzzled on the situation and it’s getting him anxious.

 

“Jun. get my wife out here!” Seungcheol shouted.

 

Jun, on the other hand, sensed that Seungcheol was as angry as hell. Jeonghan became scared as he, again, trembled. Noticing it, the tall tailor moved his body in front of Jeonghan to defend him. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you. Stay right back.”

 

When they came out, Jun approached. “What’s wrong, Seungcheol?”

 

“Give me my wife, right now!”

 

“Calm down. What’s happening?”

 

Seungcheol, instead of answering, looked Jun in the eye as he approached to steal Jeonghan away from him. Fortunately, Jun halted it as he held Jeonghan back as firm as he could.

 

“Don’t touch him.” Seungcheol threated.

 

“Don’t get me wrong, but I can see where this is leading to. I will give him to you once you calm down.”

 

Seungcheol was offended and threw a punch on the tailor’s face. It startled the people around the shop, good thing there was no costumer inside since it’s closing hours already.

 

“Stop!” demanded Jeonghan. “Alright. I will go with you.”

 

“Jeonghan, no.” Stopped Jun.

 

“I’ll be fine, Jun. thanks for your time.” Escaping from Jun’s grip.

 

Holding Jeonghan protectively. “Stay here.”

 

That time, Vernon instructed Seungkwan to stay in the car because it’d be a hell of a fight if they weren’t stopped. He needed to rescue.

 

“Hyung!”ran Vernon before Seungcheol becomes uncontrollable.

 

“Jun, I’m warning you.” Glared Seungcheol.

 

“And what? I doubt you can kill.” Jun insulted confidently. “If you want to threaten me, point a gun on me.”

 

“Son of a !” Seungcheol cursed as he was up to another attack, but Jun was clever to act before him. Jun’s knuckles dived right into his face so hard, making his lips explode.

 

“Stop, you two!” shouted Jeonghan. “I will go home with you, Cheol. Let go of me Jun. I can handle this.” he insisted and walked away to get to the car.

 

“You are riding my car.” Said Seungcheol firmly.

 

It was the first time the two fought like that. They were never seen so serious before and it worried both of their body guards since the reason was unclear. It was quiet inside the car. No one dared to talk.

.

.

.

FAR FROM SEOUL_

 

Inside a luxurious house, a man was coming back to life again. He’s regained consciousness although not fully recovered as he was still in heavy breathes, he said “I should get out of here.”

 

A man came near him as soon as possible. “You need to stay. Look at you. You’re lucky enough to have rescued that time.” With all the respirators attached all over his body.

 

“I cannot. My family is in danger.”

 

“Let me take care of it for you.” Said the man. “If you want to keep moving, make sure you recover as soon as possible. For now, let me deal with it. Just tell me what to do.”

 

“I can’t drag you on this too.”

 

“Then how do you think you can move in your condition? You’ve done more than enough. Besides, I am your only way. Let me take care of this. They will pay for what they did to you.”

 

“Thank you, my friend. Did my message got through Jeonghan?”

 

“I made sure. Yes, it did.” A smile on a wonderful and knightly man. “Focus on your recovery first, Minhyuk.”