SUIT & TIE: The Black Horse

SUIT & TIE

 

 

LANCELOT_

 

As expected, Jun did what Jeonghan had suspected. Although, it relieved both parties that everyone was still doing fine. Jun was grateful with the event but it was hard to communicate somehow. They both should be careful with their gesture.

 

“You first.” Minghao initiated for the first time.

 

Jeonghan could feel more than grateful to Minghao for volunteering him. That way, they could talk as per usual inside the dressing room quietly.

 

DRESSING ROOM_

 

It was quiet for a while until Jun spoke “How are you?”

 

Jeonghan was surprised “To be honest, I am not fine.”

 

“I am sorry.” Jun sincerely apologized.

 

Jeonghan bit his lips tightly. “I don’t know what to say… Maybe, I cannot really hide anymore.”

 

Jun looked at Jeonghan in the eye. “Jeonghan, you might not like what I am about to say but you cannot stop now.”

 

“I know that. I can’t just gather myself together… I have no time left.”

 

“Order me what to do. Besides, you hold Minghao’s heart.”

 

“Jun… I have something to tell you.” Looking intently and determined towards Jun “I promised to let him go after there are all done.”

 

Jun was surprised. “What did you do?”

 

“I tried to get him on our side.”

 

“How sure are you he will not betray?”

 

“I cannot assure you that but if I don’t risk it, I will definitely lose.”

 

“But what you are asking is impossible. You know the man has crimes to pay.”

 

“But I realized, he is just like me, Jun. He’s young and was used by his parents. Let me save him.”

 

“I cannot, Jeonghan. It’s too risky.”

 

“Then, I will make it happen.”

 

Jun sighed. Jeonghan had already made up his mind. “Let me see what I can do but you have you give me something in exchange of that request.”

 

“You can have me.”

 

“Are you-“

 

“I do not have anything right now but if you wanted to have revenge then…”

 

“Stop it! You are out of your mind!”

 

“You don’t have a choice either when things doesn’t go well... Jun I am saying you this, so don’t you dare tell me what to do and not to do. I trust you. I don’t know how after all that happened, I still trust you and I trust your plans but don’t you ever endanger everything for me.”

 

Jun couldn’t help but to fear for Jeonghan that time. He was dumbfounded and he seemed become uneasy.

 

“By the way, can I ask you a favor? I want to ask if you could make me a bracelet.”

 

“What for?” asked Jun curiously.

 

“I want to give Minghao something.” Jeonghan smiled faintly. “I might not have known him completely but I saw a part of his heart when I asked him to cooperate with me.”

 

Jeonghan ordered a hard pure gold laminated bracelet in opalescent enamel. The thickness was in 5mm circumference and could be adjusted by the wrist. The other end holds a pure gold in egg shape while the other was made of another egg shaped jewelry that was inspired of faberge’ egg. As Jeonghan instructed make it as simple and elegant for everyday wear.

 

“Understood. I’ll just warn you to be careful. Not all people can have the purest of intentions like you. Especially Kai… he can kill you.”

 

“I’ll remember that. Call me when you are done with my suit. I need to see you privately.” Jeonghan instructed. Jun nodded.

 

After Jeonghan, Minghao was next. He requested the same item. However, it was the opposite of Jeonghan’s request. His was elegant and expensive. It was a flamboyant design displaying different kinds of precious stones only for Jeonghan to wear. Minghao wanted Jeonghan to feel like a queen for that matter and it was his way to express how true he was towards him.

 

Upon departure from the boutique, Jeonghan whispered to Minghao “Would you like to take me out tonight? I want us to be alone, if you may.”

 

Minghao smiled “I would love that.”

.

.

.

 

PRISON_

 

Eunwoo called SeokMin to be his Attorney. He was in the visiting room when he met with DK “How are you doing?”

 

“You really are a son of a , DK. You sure knows no boundaries. You accepted my request?”

 

“Sure do. If you call. I have to answer. That’s our job. I cannot deny you and you know that. Don’t play dumb. Besides, I am who I am. I don’t have bias so I always win.”

 

EunWoo giggled. “That’s bull.”

 

“Bull it is.” smirked DK.

.

.

.

CHOI MANSION_

 

“Seungcheol, listen up. DK has EunWoo’s case.” said Minhyuk to Seungcheol after visiting his mother and brother in their old home.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“DK told me EunWoo called him to get him out of prison.”

 

“He should’ve declined it.”

 

“You know he couldn’t. Other than he’d be discovered that he’s on our side and it would be illegal refusing a client.”

 

“Would he let him go?”

 

“EunWoo has still control outside that are unknown. Who knows if EunWoo threatened him. Anything could happen, Cheol. EunWoo is very good at cleaning his mess. If he goes out there which I have a strong feeling he would, he’d definitely go after Jihoon and Jeonghan. I hope he doesn’t know Mingyu’s mission yet.”

 

“What do you suggest, hyung?”

 

“Let me go see Jihoon.”

.

.

.

That night, while Minhyuk was about to go to see Jihoon at his place, there has been an attack on going at the governor’s place. Men came there armed. They even took out their best bodyguards. They were outnumbered Chan had to force himself to fight with all his might.

 

“Chan!” shouted Jihoon in the middle of the shootout. “You go ahead and save yourself.”

 

“Have confidence in me.” smiled Chan. Meanwhile, Jihoon was to get his own gun when Chan noticed him. “You don’t dare join me here. I’ll try to cover you up. You go first, governor. I will go right next to you.”

 

“This attack. This is probably EunWoo.” Jihoon grunted as they both defended their place together. Thank goodness the neighbors became alerted and police immediately came out to rescue.

 

Jihoon was about to be shot while taking the safe route however, Chan managed to gun the man down in no time.

 

“That was awesome.” praised Chan to himself.

 

Jihoon sighed. “Don’t take your eyes off the enemy, Chan, you brat!” and scolded.

 

Soon Young came to meet them in no time and was quite surprised that this kind of thing happened. It was really not predictable among all the possibilities he calculated. “This has to be a work of someone powerful.” Soon Young grunted at the rescue.

 

On the other hand, Minhyuk became worried, especially when he saw the state of the house. It was terrible. It was just a relief when he learned Jihoon and Chan were okay with Soon Young.

 

The next day, after the commotion, the Governor didn’t miss going to work. That afternoon, he received a call from the authorities saying he needed to be at the port by 5:00pm. Jihoon was wondering what it was. The way they said it was urgent. So, as soon as possible, they went to the port to see what’s in it.

 

INCHEON PORT_ AFTERNOON

 

Jihoon and Chan were alerted with the number of policemen in the area. He had no idea what was happening but he had a feeling that it was probably a set up because he knew they weren’t really able to stop EunWoo just yet. Not by just putting him behind bars. They need to know his source and the reach of his powers. He’s afraid DK could still find a way out to free him.

 

They saw policemen and dogs roaming around to investigate. “Chan, did you already clean this area?”

 

“I know I did.”

 

Looking at the authorities nearing his cargos, Jihoon became anxious.

 

“Jihoon-ah! Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting home?” suddenly called Soon Young from a far, thinking it was a coincidence to see both the governor and Chan along his way to a briefing not knowing about the active operation. Soon Young, on the other hand, came there by a command telling him that he needed to do ocular inspection to brief the police to the next raid.

 

“What the hell is happening, Soon Young?”

 

Soon Young was confused. “I am here to do a-“ he stopped when he noticed an active operation he wasn’t informed of. “What the hell-“

 

“Don’t tell me-“

 

“Give me a sec. Let me handle this. Don’t let your guards down.”

 

“Wait! Hyung! That’s a Chinese vessel. If that contains your shipment that should have been here long time ago, it means... I mean- I cleaned everything in here but there’s nothing I can do with the upcoming shipments.” looking at the ship docking, Chan was stuck. “!”

 

“This should be EunWoo. Just like last night. He won’t stop until he gets me.” grunted Jihoon.

 

“Don’t tell me, you ordered again? Aren’t we cl-“

 

“Of course, I didn’t, idiot! I was true to my words. It was the last order we are expecting to dispatch. I ordered that long time ago even before we had a conversation and there’s no way I could cancel it. The supplier vanished after we had the deal. I thought they were gone after the CIA raided many warehouse. But… if that really contains that shipment, I am doomed.”

 

“EunWoo has still loyal people with him.” Chan murmured.

 

It shocked them to hear dogs barking at their direction.  All men in uniform faced them immediately as they pointed a gun at them.

 

Even Soon Young was surprised. “What’s going on?”

 

Chan instinctively covered Jihoon. “Stay back.”

 

“You are not even as good as Vernon yet. Where’s this confidence of yours coming from, really?” He teased.

 

“You know hyung, it won’t hurt if you say ‘be careful Chan. You are like a brother to me and it’d be lonely if you die.’ Smirked Chan teasing the older.

 

“Seriously? You still have the time to ask for that?” replied Jihoon in annoyance.

 

“Just trust me. I’ve been training, you know.”

 

“What’s going on?” asked Soon Young to the men in uniform.

 

“Captain!” they all greeted. “We are here because we received an intel that there are cargos coming with illegal products.” looking at the governor beside their captain, the leader ordered a cease. “Governor Lee, we apologize for our action.”

 

“I don’t mind.” said him coolly. However, he was anxious inside.

 

DOCKING OF THE CHINESE VESSEL_

 

All the police were alerted. “Go now!” ordered the leader of the operation. They had the warrant to do so, so no one could ever halt them.

 

That time, Soon Young and the Governor came from not far to see which cargo was involved. It was unfortunate that those three cargos they were up to was Governor Lee’s very own cargo boxes.

 

“Soon Young… those are my-“ Jihoon froze as he saw the numbers painted on the big cargo boxes.

 

On that moment, a man came stopping them “What is happening here?” asked the foreign man.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“I am the owner of this vessel. What business do you have here?”

 

“We have a warrant to inspect every cargo your vessel bear.” announced the police.

 

The man frowned. “How dare you! I came here in good faith as a new investor!” said the foreigner angrily. However, he had no chance of saving all the locks of the cargo they wanted to open because he was forced out of the area.

 

In there, they found powders per pack. “Sir! We found them!” signaled the other.

 

“Damn it!” murmured Jihoon because they knew that later on they’d found out whose cargo was it.

 

“What is it you see?” asked Soon Young meddling with the operation even if he had no authorization.

 

“Powders sir!” reported the other. However, there was one thing they noticed when the dogs didn’t bark after sniffing them.

 

The foreign man smirked and acted as if he was angry “How dare you! Those are my precious products. They are expensive and delicately produced! I’ll make you pay for it. How would I explain it to my business partner now?” he shouted.

 

Jihoon, after seeing the man closely recognized him. “Mr. Wang?”

 

“Oh goodness! Governor! These men damaged my goods. My apologies but I cannot save them on my own.”

 

Jihoon, Chan and Soon Young were puzzled, even the policemen who were still observing the products. “Those are the confectionaries you ordered from France, Governor. I-“

 

Jihoon understood now why Jeonghan wanted their partnership to happen. Besides, being honest with Jeonghan would definitely bring good benefits. Jihoon knew he trusted the right man. He smirked and as per usual, acted cool. “You better explain to me why in particular do you have my cargo to inspect with?”

 

“Sorry, Governor. We don’t have any idea.”

 

“Wrap this up now. This must be some kind of distraction.” Soon Young stated.

 

Policemen went to finish the orders while Jackson came towards Jihoon with a friendly face. “How was my acting?” he confidently whispered.

 

“So. So.” Jihoon teased.

 

“I was impressed.” Chan added.

 

Jackson winked and said “Would you mind treating me a good meal after this? I am famished.”

 

“To anywhere you want.” Jihoon smirked.

.

.

.

CHOI MANSION_

 

JaeWon paid a visit after learning that the Chois were complete in their home. “Minhyuk… Seungcheol, I have something to ask.”

 

The three sat altogether with a deep and serious conversation.

 

“Have you ever encountered the codename ‘Tailor’?”

 

“We knew him.”

 

Jacob was alerted. “You knew him? You mean he’s been working with you all along?”

 

“Of course. Jun knew about him too.”

 

“!” JaeWon murmured.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“It has called my attention when Julia informed me about this ‘Tailor’”

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“Whoever is using this codename, he’s an impostor.”

 

“What?” both became alerted and they also admitted they saw his face. Not only that, they both cooperated and give all the information they could discover.

 

“He’s gone.” said Seungcheol. “Jun said he wasn’t able to rescue him from an assassination plot.”

 

“No, Seungcheol… that codename was being used up until now. I also discovered that DK, somehow, had the resources to contact him and order some work.”

 

Seungcheol became really agitated. “How come h-“ when he remembered Jun specifically told him that DK was behind ‘Tailor’s’ death. He didn’t reveal it yet to JaeWon knowing what he’d feel if he’s heard of how his own son behaved. He thought deeply on as how DK managed to still work with him when he’s the one trying to kill Joshua in the first place? Something was not right. Then after a while, he thought that DK probably be either threatened back or has another plans. He admitted that DK was peculiar somehow yet his reasons and actions were beyond extreme. Just like how he remembered DK showed care for Jeonghan the last time he visited him. Guess he knew now where Jeonghan would get that bizarre attitude.

 

“Let me do something about it.” Seungcheol volunteered quietly.

 

“No. He’s alive.” revealed Minhyuk. “I was there when DK tried to fire at him. I admit I am the one who told DK that he’s an ally knowing his role. He still doubted it and warned me to be cautious.” Minhyuk became uneasy. “If anything bad happens to DK, it is all my fault.”

 

Both were surprised. “What do you mean?” now, it’s more confusing.

 

“Joshua knows I am alive already, Seungcheol. That means we are being trapped around in circles now before we’re going to be eaten alive by our enemies.”

 

“They are patient.” Murmured Seungcheol when he thought of someone who could do this mess. He suspected EunWoo.

 

“But why are they still in contact if DK tried to kill him?” asked JaeWon.

 

“I don’t know yet. This is really confusing for me. JaeWon, how did you know that the new tailor is an impostor?”

 

“I am the ‘Tailor’. The original and only one. I was the one contacting you anonymously through keeper. Unfortunately, I left my post due to some circumstances. I was arrested and hidden. I instructed ‘Keeper’ to hold everything when time come he couldn’t contact me anymore. I know Jeonghan was involved. There’s no way I could stop him anyway. He’s a smart kid and he knows what he’s doing. I told ‘Keeper’ there’s someone coming. ‘Tinker’ is his codename. Seungcheol, I believe the one you called was ‘Soldier’. He specializes in assassination and he’s a master of strategy.”

 

In their surprise, no wonder Jun was so mysterious. He was cold when he kills or does his mission. “Have you met him?” clarified Seungcheol.

 

“Yes. He is Valentin Paget. We call him by the name Moon Jun.”

 

“Thank goodness.” Both brothers sighed in relief after hearing they’ve got the right guy.

 

“So… you think ‘Keeper’ didn’t give any information to the one who’s posting as ‘Tailor’?” asked Minkyuk.

 

“I am sure. I already saw him before I got here.”

 

“So, the only problem we have now is the one that introduces himself as Hong Joshua.” stated Minhyuk.

 

.

.

.

Seungcheol went to hunt for DK, however, he couldn’t be found anywhere in his place that night. Seungcheol might have known why. His hearing with EunWoo would start tomorrow and he could be out there trying pull up strange shows again. Nevertheless, he didn’t stop looking for him.

 

TRIAL_MORNING

 

DK showed up in court after a night of mysteriously disappearing. He wasn’t able to meet Seungcheol when he just missed him from his house. He was ready. EunWoo had confidence in him.

 

At the trial, Even though the debate was heated, DK manage to ask for a non-guilty plea due to the lack of evidence of the other side. With that, it helped EunWoo to bail and to claim back his freedom.

 

“Nice work, Atty. Lee.”

 

“What can I say?” DK smiled confidently. “I can win the impossible. I will bail you as soon as I fixed the papers demanded by the judge. Just a day or two will do. Can you do it?”

 

“Don’t worry about me. I can manage.”

 

“You are really something.” DK smirked after knowing EunWoo already got his hands all over the prison. “Very well, congratulations to your freedom. Let me just go ahead and prepare for another case of mine.”

 

“Very well. I’ll see you soon. Thank you.”

.

.

.

As DK walked out the courtroom, people were criticizing him for freeing a criminal.

 

A car fetched him with a greeting saying “You are damn so famous right now, Atty. Lee.” said his driver, Joshua.

 

“That’s my kind of charm.”

 

“Let’s go home.”

.

.

.

CONGRESSMAN KIM’S RESIDENCE_

 

“What is he thinking?” Mingyu grunted in learning that DK managed to win EunWoo’s case. Soon enough, he received a document from DK by Dino.

 

“You are Jihoon’s assistant.”

 

“Yes but these are from Atty. Lee.” stated the young man. “He said this is an important document and you should be the one keeping it.”

 

Looking at the envelop, it stated a report regarding state’s environmental issues. “This is not the time for this. What does he want from me?”

 

“I don’t know, Congressman. I am just here to deliver.”

 

Mingyu dug on those documents. They were really are documents for environmental issues. However, there were pages that seemed absurd. Mingyu was currently on a dilemma of what to do, especially when he was agitated and pressure to the current situation regarding EunWoo’s bail.

.

.

.

The next morning, DK going to the court to deliver the files needed for EunWoo’s freedom, was busy on his beeper.

 

“You sure you wanted him to go out?” asked Joshua from the front.

 

“Sure. It was a job. Loosing is not a choice for me, Josh.” DK smirked. “I need to go somewhere after I bail EunWoo. Could you block all my appointments today?”

 

“Including your meeting with your cousin? He demanded for you.”

 

“Tell him, I’ll meet him tomorrow.”

 

Just that very moment, Mingyu received a message from his beeper coming from Seokmin stating ‘I need to talk to you regarding the case I sent you. Call me when you found something.’