SUIT & TIE: Retractio

SUIT & TIE

 

 

Jun was inside an old boat the first thing he guessed when he woke up. He was probably transferred from the yacht while he’s asleep. He felt that they were now in some place in the middle of the sea based on the tremendous shake of waves.

 

Jun was tightly gripped on a seat in an isolated space with mouth covered. It was pitch black. He couldn’t even identify whether it is already morning or if its still night. He lost the track of time after he lost consciousness. After a few moments, there entered three people. One came and sit near him while the other two standing across his position. He glanced with a grimace to the people guarding him as if he could speak anger right through his gazes.

 

“You cannot do anything, lad. Even if you manage to escape, there’s nowhere else to go.” the huge man laughed.

 

Jun settled for a while. He took time to think what to do. He waited and waited for a perfect chance to escape. Jun was sensing that they were placed in a fisherman’s boat, or worst, just a flat floater enough to carry a box such as the one he was in. That’s how they work anyway.

 

Food was delivered.

 

“Eat.” said the person who delivered.

 

“You have to untie me.” Gazes as sharp as knife.

 

“You can’t fool us, Mr. Moon. Use your mouth!” ordered the other.

 

As the guard went out, Jun noticed that they might probably be in a much decent ship far from what he imagined. Calculating how many people might be inside the ship, there should be a captain managing the ship, at least two engineers, a cook with that decent meal, and probably 5 or more body guards to guard him. Not ordinary ones, but people who were trained to be someone like him

.

.

.

Leaving the ship, Seungcheol’s vibe became lighter. Seungkwan who was asked to fetch him became puzzled. It was the first time he’s saw Seungcheol’s aura fresh as if he had no problem at all.

 

“Boss.” greeted Seungkwan. “Should we drive to the restaurant where Vice President and Vernon are?”

 

“Tell them to order for the four of us so we can eat as soon as we arrive.”

 

“Yes boss.”

 

<<

 

“Choi Seungcheol. You’ve created quite a big mess.” With smirk on the man’s face who disguised as a waiter. “Get down.” He said as he pushed Seungcheol towards the ground to shoot the person coming from the balcony with his silencer.

 

“You!” after seeing who the man was. His eyes were obviously in great shock.

 

“You are reckless.” smiled the other.

 

Seungcheol became speechless. He was dumbfounded knowing who the man was.

 

“Yah! What happened to you, Cheol? Have you seen a ghost? You are all pale.” the other man exclaimed. “You should be more careful, Cheol. You almost died!” he scolded.

 

A familiar voice rang into his ears. Seungcheol believed that it was somehow a hallucination of some sort based on what he experienced that moment. But a strong tap awaken him from what he knew as his delusions.

 

The man in a waiter’s uniform finally removed his cap revealing his identity. “Hi, little brother! It’s nice seeing you again.”

 

Looking fazed, puzzled and all kinds of confusion on his face, he wasn’t sure how to react. “Mi-Minhyuk hyung… how on earth---?“

 

“I’ve missed you too, Cheolie~” greeted Minhyuk in return. “Sorry it took long. I hope you are taking care of Jeonghan well.”

 

With disappointment on his face knowing that he’s done nothing but terrible things to Jeonghan, he apologized. “It appears like he’s the one taking good care of me, hyung.”

 

“I will meet you soon. More importantly, protect Jeonghan at all costs. The enemies are closer.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Gavril Ivanov is close finding who Nikita is. I assume you know by now…. His men is on the move.”

 

“He’s married with me.” Seungcheol defended.

 

“Doesn’t matter, Cheol. He will claim what’s his. Guard Jeonghan with all your might, brother. Bloods might spill soon.”

 

Seungcheol was frightened losing Jeonghan than himself.

 

“How do I-“

 

Without letting him finish his sentence, the other one interrupted. “I hate to interrupt you but, we need to go before someone finds out.”

 

Seungcheol directed his gaze to the other man in black who was now changing into a server’s uniform when he saw his familiar face. “You!”

 

The other smirked “Hey.”

 

“What the-“

 

“Keep your mouth shut, Mr. Choi. No one should find out. This is against my will.” said Mingyu cautiously with the surroundings.

 

_END OF FLASHBACK>>>

 

Seungcheol, on his way to the restaurant to meet Jeonghan, thought too many things at once. Although, he’s happy seeing his hyung alive, it worried him that Minhyuk would risk his life again to the same reason why they had lose him the first time. He was also scared losing Jeonghan.

 

Life is full of surprises. It was making Seungcheol more anxious.

 

RESTAURANT_

 

Seeing Jeonghan, his heart beats too much. Jeonghan was still threatening him of a divorce. He thought his mind wouldn’t change that fast.

 

Vernon was about to go after seeing Seungcheol’s arrival. However, Jeonghan insisted he and Seungkwan should stay and have dinner with them as a family.

 

As usual, they were sitting on Jeonghan’s favorite spot but the orders on the table were all Seungcheol’s favorite. He realized that Jeonghan cared for him so much, more than he was required to. He was aware of the deal they had when they got married. But he realized that it was impossible not to care so much for the person who was sincerely taking care of you. He wasn’t aware of how Jeonghan thinks but he probably stick on the rules. That’s how he would play. The lesser the feelings, the lesser it disappoints. That’s their rule.

 

Seungcheol sat in front of Jeonghan like in normal days. Dinner with business as usual. After the food, Seungcheol asked for a private talk.

 

With Jeonghan and him left on the table, Seungcheol uttered in the most direct way. “Are you serious with the divorce?”

 

Jeonghan was a bit surprised but he replied calmly. “Yes.”

 

“I want to know the real reason, Jeonghan. I know it’s been hard for you, especially for the past few months with the threats but I can promise you I won’t let people touch you even in my grave.”

 

Jeonghan sighed as he become more decided uttering in an inaudible sound. “That’s why I cannot stay.” Seungcheol was still waiting for his answer and said “I believe you are sincere with your promises but I am afraid my decision will not change.”

 

“You don’t believe me, do you?”

 

Jeonghan smirked. “Do not place me in that position, Cheol. My decisions are final. Thank you for everything.” Jeonghan stood up ready to go.

 

“It’s not the ideal marriage you wanted, Jeonghan. I know it. You are being forced into this because you have no options but… let me do my job for you at least.”

 

“It’s already done, Seungcheol. You’ve done more than enough.”

 

“Tell me how can I make you stay?”

 

“We’ve talked about this, Cheol. You’ve carried me on your shoulders in years. Longer than what we had plan. It’s time to end this madness.”

 

Seungcheol halted Jeonghan from going. “Don’t leave me.” However, Jeonghan remained cold as he went quietly to their car.

.

.

.

DAY AFTER THE SHOW_

 

Yoon JaeWon, also known as Jacob Holmes, was strolling around the boutique in Seoul to look for Moon Lancelot.

 

It’s been months since he’s gone, Jacob came back to solve what he had left temporarily on his sons hands. Thanks to Soon Young’s dedication, he managed to crack a few things.

 

JaeWon walked bravely inside Lancelot, even if it means a great risk. “Is the old Moon inside?” He inquired to the receptionist.

 

“Yes Sir. Do you have an appointment with him?” asked the new tailor filling up Jun’s position in his absence.

 

“No. But tell him it’s Jacob. He will know how urgent it could be.”

 

“Yes sir. Have a sit first and I will call him.”

 

“Sir, I am in a hurry.”

 

The young tailor hastened and called the old Moon. The old man was on his black suit with a scarf resting on his shoulders when he greeted JaeWon.

 

“Jacob!” With a surprised expression. “I’m glad you came to me. It’s been long years.”

 

“Can we talk in private?” asked Jacob as a precaution.

 

The two talked inside a secluded space inside their mansion. Jacob was giving information to Lancelot about the Russians, but left what he knows between Korean and Chinese on himself. He proposed a discreet plan on how to catch them in action. Those mafia names he gave includes the Ivanovs and the Kaverins. To be honest, JaeWon wasn’t sure if Lancelot would agree with him especially that he knew he was on the Ivanovs side. It also brought up the name of their previous partner, Marco Paget, who died tragically in the hands of the Russians as what he’s told.

 

“If this plan works, Lance, we could avenge Marco.”

 

“I agree.”

 

“I heard his son survived.” Comes his real intentions.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Poor kid. Is he well?” asked Jacob in curiousity.

 

“Yes. I believe so.”

 

“Could you tell me where he is?”

 

“I had him hidden. It’s better for you not to follow. It might tip him of. You know how Gavril goes too far with his revenge… He’d banish them until the last drop of a traitor’s blood.”

 

“I have something to give him. It’s actually Marco’s favor before we part ways. He gave me something to give to his family but I got caught on the way and failed to give it. Despite that, I believe his son deserves to have at least the item his father owns. He valued it and I think it’s also a memory to remember.” JaeWon explained.

 

“Let me hand it.”

 

“If you could give me a chance to meet him. I’d be glad.” Jacob replied.

 

“But you need to be discreet on this. I cannot protect you this time, Jacob. I am torn between the Russian’s now. I have to have their trust.” Advised the older. “He’s in London right now, working his magic to avenge his family.” He sighed in worry. “He’s been through a lot. I am worried on how far he’d like to take his revenge. He’s getting reckless.”

 

“Then let me talk to him. I will try my best.”

 

“Thank you, Jacob. I hope he’d listen to you.” After JaeWon left, he called the men he’s ordered to take Jun out to the sea and ordered for his death.

.

.

.

CHOI RESIDENCE_

 

It was late night. The couple was about to rest but Jeonghan noticed someone dressed in all black outside. The first person he thought was Jun.

 

He came out discreetly and carefully without letting Seungcheol know.

 

“Who-“ Jeonghan asked from a distance knowing that he might be a different person based on the frame of his body.

 

“Jeonghan.” Whispered the other as he came close removing his cap to be identified.

 

“Joshua!”

 

Joshua hushed him. “I am no longer working for Atty. Lee. I need to hide since my identity has been discovered.” Joshua giving him his number in case. “Call me here. Let’s get in touch. I’ll just be in the shadows. Don’t tell anyone that we meet.”

 

Jeonghan complied.

.

.

.

BORDERS OF RUSSIA_

 After a few uncountable days in prison._

 

In the contrary of how he’d spend a normal day in London, strolling outside their house while thinking of the next collection, Jun was still inside a dark room with guards strolling around nonstop. Instead of having a warm and relaxing shower, he was poured with numerous punches and slams causing bruises and wounds all over his body.

 

After they received the call. Russian mobs gathered around him with a grin on their faces. “Poor little moon.” one murmured.

 

Jun read and understood the situation well.

 

“You shouldn’t have defiled your father. Look at you! You wasted all Lancelot’s effort that he had invested on you.” stated the other.

 

“You think we didn’t know how you snuck your little nose to places you shouldn’t have? You are underestimating the Old Moon, lad.” revealed the other. “He knows what you are doing… everything.”

 

“Too sad you won’t be able to see your sister again.” revealed the other. “You think a single man like you could turn down two powerful families that easily? What a jerk!” laughed the guard frivolously.

 

“My sister is dead.” Jun replied angrily for involving his dead older sister in the conversation.

 

The two of his interrogators scoffed and laughed. “That’s what the old man told you?” they said mockingly.

 

“You are hopeless.” men laughed around him.

 

“Your sister is alive and is currently living as a nurse in New York, for goodness sake.”

 

Jun was surprised with the revelation. He wasn’t sure if they’re just making it up. “I saw her dead.” recalling the night the tragedy happened.

 

“He saved her as a blackmail in case you will not obey him. It seemed he didn’t need her anyway.” Teasing him endlessly while inhaling smoke from his cigarette.

 

“That’s not true.”

 

“Oh poor you. But don’t worry I heard she’s got her own family now. Same as you, the old moon kept and took care of her to act as a hero after he ordered the slaughter.”

 

“Moon Lancelot… he is a devil. His mind games are hideous. There’s a rumor she stayed inside a mental institution for quite some time for what the old Moon had done with her. She totally had no idea.” as they laughed loudly. Just like the grim laughter he heard while his family was under attack by Russian men that very night. As a child, he’s heard too much. Shouts from the torture, plea and anger.  Jun, who’s called Valentin Paget, was still a boy full of dreams that time. However, it was all ruined after witnessing how men dragged both his mother and older sister ruthlessly. He saw men them countlessly while he couldn’t do anything. He was just by the corner, hidden. Poor boy, he couldn’t move as his legs trembled.

 

Marco Paget, his father came rushing by the door, firing to the intruders to save his family. However, the more he fought, the more it made both his wife and his daughter’s life at risk. The mobs grabbed Marco helplessly, battered him like some kind of a useless thing. Marco was forced to in front of his helpless wife and daughter. It was evident how terrible the mobs treated them. They disgraced them and he couldn’t even protect them. Marco cried helplessly pleading to spare his family as he blamed himself in this tragedy that happened to his family.

 

That time, Jun’s older sister saw him right by the corner going out. His sister signed him to stay put as much as possible. That’s the time she tried to run but a mob snatched him back and made her kneel. Valentin became more scared with the tension as he snuck himself securely by the shadows. He stayed hidden witnessing his mother gunned to death and his dad slaughtered with knife. His visions became blurred as he’s getting unconscious by the time he heard another gunshot.

 

“You, bastaaaaaaaards!” Jun shouted in anger after hearing the truth that’s been hidden from him. He felt being used. His anger raged, it’s as if his eyes would turn red the moment he wanted blood as a payment for what they’ve done to him and to his family.