SUIT & TIE: Redemption

SUIT & TIE

 

Since it’s decided that Jeonghan should be a part of this, Seungcheol and Jun should discuss their next step.

 

Jeonghan had now two entry to the full game with having business engagements with the Xu and with the Wang.  Jeonghan has been watching the whole time. And each time, he’s planning carefully but the plan wasn’t perfect yet. Hoping that Seungcheol and Jun could actually solve the complications of the mission.

 

That afternoon, the Choi couple was found in the shop of Lancelot to fit their ordered apparel. The old Moon, Lancelot himself was there to assist his son with the young couple. It was complicated to communicate with things that time because Jeonghan and Seungcheol didn’t know Lancelot was behind all of the cases.

 

“Beautiful couple!” greeted the old Moon.

 

Jeonghan carried away his sweet and charming talks. “It’s a pleasure to meet you in person, Mr. Moon. My name is Jeonghan.”

 

“How could I not know our superstar in our next show?”

 

Jeonghan giggled sweetly as he became flattered. “Thank you for the opportunity, Mr. Moon.”

 

“Should we discuss the deal you have offered us since you two are already here?”

 

Both the Moons and the Chois were set on the table with little treats that made Jeonghan so distracted. They talked about the offer. Lancelot loved the idea!

 

“We wanted to expand internationally, Mr. Lancelot.” Jeonghan briefly said. “Let’s conquer together.” And winked.

 

“My darling, I just have one question to ask before this deal is signed.”

 

Both were listening to the possible request or concern.

 

“I have a theme for that show.”

 

“Well, that’s something we can work on.” The beauty smiled politely. “We should invite you to our office or even in roving to present you the ship I think was the best for your show. Don’t worry, tell me if you need something. It’s a pleasure to have you as our client.”

 

“Well, it’s a good experience to have a fashion show in the sea for the first time.”

 

“I agree. Besides, it could be a good stage as a celebration for your 30th year in the industry.” Jeonghan persuaded more.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was left nothing to say because Jeonghan was and absolutely getting Lancelot as his client. As they closed the deal, Jeonghan was very pleased and said “Since it’d be in our ship, let me take care of your invitations, Mr. Moon. Consider that as a little token of gratitude.”

 

Seungcheol felt helpless with his wife’s behavior, but sure he couldn’t deny that it’s really effective on people. He’s perfect for the job. All shook hands while the little Moon said teasingly “You got my father right there, Vice President Choi Jeonghan. You knew we cannot turn that offer down, am I right?” he whispered.

 

“There’s no way. I’m quite greedy little moon.”

 

“Thank you for the offer.” Told the both of the Chois.

 

“Let’s work together harmoniously.” Said the old Moon, giving out a champagne for all of them to enjoy.

 

“To the partnership.” Raised their glasses. “Cheers!”.

.

.

.

Election was coming and it was crucial for Korea to pick their candidates, especially when names were listed as a suspect of getting involved in such a controversial issue regarding illegal business run by some government officials. People were getting all confused and Jihoon was one of them, wanting to run as a senator.

 

 Out of all the possible candidates, he was hanging on the edge of the cliff. The young politician was totally devastated. His teeth were locked tightly when he knew it was not his lucky year. And probably has no chance of running again in his lifetime because of the issue that were publicized because of his father’s death.

 

He had no choice but to agree upon the Yoon’s terms. But first, he needed Seungcheol’s permission to talk to his extended family just to give the note that he’s there to give some options because he needed it at that time. He’s making peace for now.

 

They met at the Choi’s office, now seemingly more relaxed than the last time he visited. “What do you want now, Jihoonie?” asked Seungcheol immediately as he was sitting signing the documents.

 

“I want a talk to your wife’s family and I want to work with your cub.” Jihoon requested.

 

“I need a valid reason, my friend.” Now focused on the other’s face.

 

“You know that my career is important to me.”

 

“And what is it for my wife’s family.”

 

“We’ll make a deal and they’d be the one I should talk to.”

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan arrived carrying another set of papers. It was his new proposal Seungcheol had to check. He sighed when he saw his wife carrying another batch and thought to himself “Why does he have many things in mind. He’s working too hard and I have to work harder.”

 

Jihoon looking at Jeonghan from the outside of the office with the acrylic glass in between them, he asked “You think your wife is innocent?”

 

“If you mean ‘our’ little business? Yes”

 

“He’s the son of two agents.”

 

“Well, he’s known cases, but not particularly ours.”

 

Jeonghan finally came in. “Got the final draft of the Moon’s show, honey. Good to see you here, governor.”

 

Jihoon greeted.

 

“What can we do for you?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“I’m here to actually get your husband’s permission to talk to your mother.”

 

“About the case Senator Lee?” insulted that Jihoon was right there in front of him talking to his husband.

 

“So, you know things?” showing interests talking to Jeonghan.

 

“I am aware. You think I will stop looking for the offender? I’ve got a way to know things, governor. Especially when you hurt my family. Who do you think raise me?” stated Jeonghan fiercely. “Try me.” He provoked.

 

Seungcheol was actually surprised. But what Jeonghan did was remarkable. Too clean would be suspicious given his wife’s background.

 

Quite threatened, Jihoon displayed quite amazement on how Jeonghan whom he knew as a little majestic and elegant had a monster inside him. “You are really Judge’s son.”

 

“Yes I am. What do you want? Talk to me first before you talk to my mother.”

 

“Jeonghan. I will take care of this.” Said his husband.

 

“No. This is between our families, Seungcheol.” Looking at Jihoon, he said “Let’s talk to my office. Seungcheol has a lot on his plate right now and I need his approval today, so I will be the one to entertain you.”

 

“Very well.” said the young governor.

 

JEONGHAN’S OFFICE_

 

“Tell me straight.” As Jeonghan looked the other in the eye.

 

Jihoon became so excited knowing that Jeonghan wasn’t an ordinary man. “You play so honest and sweet and elegant, my dear Vice President Choi. I couldn’t ever imagine that there’s a monster within you.”

 

“It should be obvious knowing who my family is, Governor. You are saying?”

 

“Tell me what you know.”

 

“I know not too much but I know quite an information. You get it?”

 

“Did you know that your brother worked for me in Seungcheol’s command, Vice President Choi?”

 

Jeonghan frowned. “He did?”

 

Looked like Jeonghan didn’t know and that’s were Jihoon smirked. “Everyone is keeping something from you, Jeonghan. It’s time to know more than quite enough.”

 

“I am listening.”

 

“I am running for senatorial position.”

 

“You know you won’t win, right? So you chose to tunr to your enemy.”

 

Jihoon chuckled in absurdity of how it end up. The last time he was the one threatening and now, the table has turned. “Yes. Exactly.”

 

“And?”

 

“I want to win in exchange of something in your favor.”

 

“From what I can think of, we do not want something from you because it’s completely all over for you.” Said Jeonghan with his winning smirk in his lovely face.

 

“I will offer protection for your father. He will get released.”

 

“He will with attorney Seokmin, governor.” Said Jeonghan indicating checkmate to the other. “My father did nothing wrong. He’s going to be alright, so thanks for your offer but we don’t need it.”

 

Annoyed that his cousin was really working on Jae Won’s case, he then offered “Anything you desire.”

 

“You are quite desperate, Governor Lee.”

 

“I am.” Jihoon admitted.

 

“What can you offer and we’ll see it through. I’ve known your family for quite a reputation, Mr. Governor.”

 

“I won’t come here if I don’t have something, don’t you?”

 

“I’m waiting.”

 

“You and Minhyuk. You are with him all the time. That means something, am I right?”

 

Jeonghan was quite surprised. “How did you-?”

 

“He purchased a ring before he’s gone missing. That’s why I’ve been wondering about your real relationship to Seungcheol. I don’t know what’s going on between you two but Seungcheol should never know. I know a little, just like you to mine. I know that Minhyuk is doing something nerve-wracking.”

 

“Why are you saying this, Governor Lee?”

 

“You knew Minhyuk, don’t you? And your relationship is quite important. I could tell by your expression.”

 

Jeonghan was caught in the act. However, there’s one more thing he’s afraid of learning about how far Jihoon’s knowledge regarding him would go. Hoping that he didn’t know that he was Minhyuk’s messenger, he continued his fierceness by his looks.

 

“Spit it now!” Getting agitated with the other’s statement.

 

Jihoon finding his alas “Well…” smiling with confidence again while the other hated it. “No need to talk to your mother now. She would have rejected me anyway. So it’s business between us, Vice President Choi.”

Jeonghan was getting nervous of where Jihoon would like to take him in this conversation but he was intently listening.

 

“As respect to the promise I had with Seungcheol and also for his effort protecting you, I will not elaborate, alright? But Minhyuk has angered a lot of powerful families.” Now calm and seeing there’s a chance with this one he said “I can give you a list of the people who could possibly took Minhyuk.”

 

“Possibly? Mr. Governor, if you want my help, I need something concrete.”

 

Jihoon scoffed with a smirk. “You are really smart. The Chois picked you perfectly for Seungcheol. I could help you narrow it down. Please do not tell Seungcheol about our deal. It would be hard if I gain another enemy.”

 

“You think he’s still alive?” asked Jeonghan curiously.

 

“Not that I know of. If I would be him, I’d rather die than live in this kind of hell being hunted all his life. Let’s just hope to find if not his body, his murderer.” Proposed Jihoon calculating for the probable cause.

 

“Are you confessing to me right now, Mr. Lee?”

 

“I’ve been a very bad boy. I’m sure you are aware of that already but Minhyuk? He’s a different lad. He’s kind but bold and fearless. He knows what he wanted and he would do whatever it takes.”

 

“How can I trust you? For all I know you could be one of those who wanted him dead.” Said Jeonghan angrily.

 

“Honey, I need you to relax. Minhyuk is my friend. I knew about his secret mission to stop. Believe me, I am the one who’s telling him to stop because it might endanger every one of us. I am sure you are aware of the evil inside Choi’s cruise ships.” The governor suspected.

 

Jeonghan got anxious but he didn’t show. He just shut his mouth and Jihoon even read it as he needed to persuade Jeonghan more to get a deal.

“I am telling you, I’m not behind Minhyuk’s case. Look, if you want proof that I am with you and true to my words, give me some time and I’ll come to you with information at hand.”

 

“Governor Lee, I am giving you 2 days to clear this out. I want to know the details and be sure it’s clear.”

 

“And? What can I get from you?”

 

“The equivalent of what you trade. You know the power of my mother, Governor Lee. They can turn tables around.”

 

“How sure are you that you will convince your mom?”

 

Jeonghan smirked. “There’s always a time for cease fire and hunting, Mr. Lee. Will focus first with my priority.”

 

“I am starting to like you now, jeonghan.”

 

“Sorry. I am already married.” He smiled.

 

Jihoon clicked his tongue and said “What a shame.” With a smirk forming in his face.

 

“I will wait for you and see what you can provide before I get you a good deal, Governor Lee.” Stated Jeonghan fiercely.

 

“Sure. Thank you for your time. But don’t expect Minhyuk alive. He’s probably dead. All you can do now is to avenge him. Did Seungcheol know?”

 

“No. I don’t want him to know.”

 

“Sure. Quite fair for you and for him to hide some secrets.” Said Jihoon as he walked to the door. “Will see you in two days. I also wanted to know what your relationship with Minhyuk truly was. It was quite fascinating he displayed love over you than Seungcheol is.”

 

By the time Jihoon went out, Seungkwan went in. “What’s happened, boss?”

 

Jeonghan closed the window and told Seungkwan “Jihoon know what’s my relationship to Minhyuk. He’s been spying on Minhyuk.”

 

Seungkwan was alerted. “Did he threatened you?”

 

“Let’s go to the car. We should not talk here.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“Should we go to Seungcheol hyung?”

 

“No. We need to plan. He has a meeting right now, am I right?”

 

Seungkwan nodded.

 

“We need to discuss things first.”

 

Reaching down the floors by the lift, Seungkwan saw his brother walking by the Governor Lee. They just passed by when the doors opened. He wanted to approach but his body froze.

 

“What’s wrong?” as Jeonghan noticed the paleness on his assistant’s face.

 

“M-my brother. He’s with Governor Lee.”

 

Jeonghan was terrified. “What?”

 

“Should w-“

 

“No. Governor Lee would find another way to pierce into you. I don’t want to be a burden.”

 

“Seungkwan.”

 

“I should think of a proper plan. It’s also for my brother’s safety.”

 

“I understand.”

 

CAR_PARKING LOT

 

“Jihoon was spying Minhyuk because he wanted to know who the possible rat could be.”

 

“What?”

 

“He said he knew someone who might have planned this.” Added the older one.

 

“Hyung, don’t believe whatever he say. You will get into trouble if you deal with him.”

 

“I know.” Jeonghan sighed.

 

“What should we do now, hyung?”

 

“As I can see, Jihoon was still innocent on the details but he is good at threatening people. He’s confident that he could take control. His powers are weak right now. Almost got nothing when he showed up yet he had the guts to negotiate. He’s good finding weakness. It’s such a shame that he was able to detect it on me. He’s a very dangerous man.”

 

Seungkwan agreed. “He always finds way to win.”

 

Jeonghan was thinking carefully. He knew he should talk to Seungcheol first but thought he could leave it for later. He’s got one good option on his table and said “Call EunWoo for me.”

 

Seungkwan was surprised with the order. “Why EunWoo?”

 

“I need to connect with Kim Mingyu without any malice Jihoon could smell. We need him down, Seungkwan. That’s the plan.”

 

“Roger that.”

 

Jeonghan called to offer his assistance to EunWoo and Mingyu’s foundation for the poor. The couple was glad knowing that the Choi could help them in their program and his funds would be of great help.

 

“Let’s meet soon.” Said Jeonghan in a happy tone over the line. “I have a proposal.”

 

“Sure! See you both!” said EunWoo.

.

.

.

ATTORNEY LEE SEOKMIN’S RESIDENCE_

 

SeokMin was living alone in a well decorated and spacious apartment. He living by himself but he’s got his parents a nice home as well. He’s got the nicest kitchen and a cool bar. It’s his favorite place inside his lovely home. Besides, he could think there more efficiently than by sitting in his office. That night, he’s taking a case with food already prepared for him. It was because of the Judge’s generosity that he had supply of food for three days. The young lawyer was too serious solving a case when Jihoon suddenly appeared.

 

“Did you order?” looking how plentiful his cousin’s table was.

 

“Nope. This is free.”

 

Governor Jihoon frowned. “I’ve never seen you with ‘free food’. Who gave you that?”

 

“My client. Judge Yoon.”

 

“She gave you that?”

 

“I asked for a take out. These are really good. You want?”

 

“No thanks.” Visibly disgusted over the food DK was feasting. “You’re really shameless, DK.”

 

“I know and I am proud of it. If not, I’d not be eating these food on my table right now.”

 

“How was your friendliness going with the Yoon family? Anything new?”

 

“Well, as of now, they’re focused on Mr. JaeWon’s case, not yours. Besides Seungcheol told you already that that cute police was actually your savior, is it? And you punish him for nothing. You must be embarrassed of yourself.” DK said boldly.

 

“I guess I’d take that. But this is the weirdest thing, don’t you think?”

 

“The what?”

 

“Did Judge know that his son is working for me?”

 

“He’s not. He’s working for Seungcheol, as I remember.”

 

“Right.” Jihoon smirked. “Why is he doing that?”

 

“Jihoon. Think.” While eating his meal. “You know, my dear cousin, I think Soon Young wanted to do this for Seungcheol because he knew how dangerous you are. Have you visited Na Young to confirm things and have a deal with you?”

 

“No. I visited Jeonghan instead.”

 

“Jeonghan?” confused the taller.

 

“You remember Minhyuk?”

 

“Of course. He’s my friend. Are you forgetting that? He’s my friend first, you know.” Feeling robbed with the information he had. “Yours is Seungcheol. You!”

 

Jihoon scoffed. “Right. We are not close but we are not enemies either.”

 

“What about him?”

 

“I traded Jeonghan with the information of the people who might have something to do with his situation.”

 

“What is it for Jeonghan.”

 

“Remember when I told you I suspected Seungcheol and Jeonghan’s marriage?”

 

“Yeah. Coz I expected that you are jealous someone had gotten your best friend away from you.” While chewing his dinner.

 

Jihoon sighed hopelessly. “I’m not. It’s just that, I suspected that Minhyuk is Jeonghan’s lover.”

 

“How so?” confused as he curved his other brows in an opposite direction.

 

“I’ve been investigating Minhyuk for quite a while that time when things weren’t good for the group. Actually, I’ve ran checks on all of us until I confirmed that Minhyuk was the one who’s betraying the whole community.”

 

“And?”

 

“I remembered Jeonghan being with him. Many times. I thought they were lovers.”

 

“How sure are you?”

 

“Well, people may have spread that rumor and Minhyuk was definitely giving him looks he wouldn’t normally give.”

 

SeokMin became fascinated realizing Jihoon that observant. “I didn’t know you know how to identify the ‘romantic’ looks, Honnie~” he teased.

 

“Will you please listen?”

 

SeokMin sat straight again and lend his ears.

 

“There’s a ring Minhyuk has purchased for him, I suppose, but when I learned that Seungcheol and Jeonghan were getting married, I became confused.”

 

“What if Minhyuk was the bridge on Seungcheol and Jeonghan’s relationship?” asked the other even though, he kind of approved Jihoon’s theory based on how Minhyuk talked to him about the love of his life.

 

“There’s a possibility but Seungcheol was on EunWoo that time.”

 

 

“You might be correct. Actually, I knew about the ring that time.”

 

“I think he had something to do on either Minhyuk’s love affair or Minhyuk’s assignment. You think Jeonghan knew?” asked the governor again.

 

“Why so? Well, he could see some transactions inside the casino if he’s a game master, but you think he’d be part of Minhyuk’s plan?”

 

“Jeonghan and Seungcheol were married to each other. Not with him. Isn’t it weird?”

 

“Oh- It is but… Jeonghan didn’t like Minhyuk as much as Minhyuk does to him. Maybe because he likes Seungcheol? It’s a complicated love, Jihoon. Not my expertise and not obviously yours. Why a sudden question about love?” DK frowned.

 

“There must be a reason why they were married to each other.”

 

“From what I heard, they came from the same brotherhood.”

 

“But Soon Young told us that Jeonghan and Seungcheol both love each other.” Remembered Jihoon clearly.

 

“Well… why not ask both of them.”

 

“You ask.”

 

“Why me? It’s so awkward.”

 

“Imagine it for me.”

 

DK had quite thought of that and agreed. Sighing with another job offer. “What about my payment for this?”

 

“Tell me. I need to fight this brave young man. He’s quite mysterious. He admitted he knew about us.”

 

“Ummm- that’s explainable, Jihoon. You are Na Young’s target and you beat his cute little brother up. Besides, he didn’t graduate Economics while working if he’s not as challenging to challenge you.” Making the other realized about it.

 

“Is he?”

 

“If I am not wrong, Minhyuk was always proud telling me about his intelligence. You see? Soon Young told us, Seungcheol won’t win against it. Besides, Jeonghan was the one who made you buy more than half of the shares of their new ship.”

 

Guessed his cousin had a point “I don’t know. Let’s call it a day. I’m so tired bargaining.”

 

“Alright. What’s your goal upon this?”

 

“Since there are a lot of mess, I need to start cleaning. The justice’s death was way out of the line.”

 

“And Jeonghan is the way, you think?”

 

“His family is the thorns in the flower.”

 

“Oooh~” amazed on how romantic Jihoon had become. “I get it. You think he can help?”

 

“Let’s see. I need to make sure I am trading with a good business man. Although, it’s undeniable that Jeonghan is smart. He’s the reason why the sales of Choi Shipping goes sky rocketing.”

 

“How about the CIA? They’ve been hunting all over the world now. Didn’t you see the news?”

 

“Yeah. Need to be careful.” Taking the wine to pour on his glass. “There’s definitely one here. Need to find the seed Minhyuk planted.”

 

“You are getting worked up, my dear cousin.”

 

“I know. That’s why I need your help. I need to get that fluffy officer in my side.”

 

“You might want to consult Seungcheol first since he’s the owner of the Yoons right now. You know how monstrous he could be. I wonder how Jeonghan handles him.”

 

“With a leash.” Jihoon joked. “He’s a hell of something.”

 

“Are you not jealous about their relationship?”

 

“Why would I?” telling that DK’s idea would be absurd.

 

“Because he’s your best friend?”

 

“No.”

 

“Or… should we say, not anymore.”

 

“Quit the accusations, DK. And when are you planning to stop consuming that poorly made food?” getting irritated every time he hears crunches on DK’s mouth.

 

“Will not. As long as I can have free food like this… probably not. I’m invited to her party anyway. I’m going.” DK giggled.

 

“For how long? I want the documents from her, DK.”

 

“Chill. I should get her trust first, you know. You are such an impatient brat. Besides, I don’t think she had everything. It may be true that she has someone who have few pieces of the evidence, you see. You know, you’re hot headedness will bring you danger. Tsk!”

 

“Yeah. I know that.”

 

“Then keep your head cool, man. I am eating here.”

 

“Disgusting.”

 

“Think whatever you want, Hoonie. I am liking this food and no one’s going to stop me from eating what I like. And besides, if you don’t have anything else to say, just go.”

.

.

.

DK has been visiting the lady Judge just before the party to convince her to give the information that he needed. JaeWon would be facing the court soon and he needed to know the ins and out of the case.

 

Right through the door, DK came once again. All on his formal suit with his best smile. He rang and see a woman on her wheel chair. “Good morning, Mrs. Yoon? I am here for breakfast.” He giggled bringing something in exchange. Some grocery and expensive cake.

 

“It’s too early for a present, Attorney.” Na Young smiled and looked very happy.

 

“I should’ve done this long time ago.” Smiling tenderly.

 

“You don’t have to.”

 

“I hope you still remember me?” hoping for something Na Young would reply.

 

On the other hand, Na Young shed in tears. She was just stopping herself from tearing and embracing the young lawyer every time they meet. She wasn’t sure if he could still remember her and she didn’t know how she’d approach him because she wasn’t sure if he has hatred on them both.

 

“Oh, son. I’m glad you remembered me.” Embracing him standing on her wheel chair.

 

“Are you well, mom?” DK was surprised.

 

“I’ve been well long enough.”

 

“Then, why the wheel chair?”

 

“I need it as a props. But that’s not important. Have you know all along?” asked Na Young.

 

“Of course! I still have the photos of us in my wallet. That’s the only thing I can bring with me. Can we come in?” asked DK.

 

“Sure son. My beloved son.” Na Young was just so glad that her boy grew up well. “How have you been, Jeonghan-ah.” With teary eyed, Na Young couldn’t just let go of her long lost son. Also concerned about his illness that made him very weak when he was little.

 

DK explained that her foster parents were kind. They got him by a request when he was about to be transferred. The couple had just the purest of heart when they chose to adopt him. They were a long distant relative of the late Senator but they were still connected somehow. It’s just that, they chose to live honestly and happily instead of pride and wealth.

SeokMin, previously called as Jeonghan, had a heart disease. Learning his illness didn’t stop the couple from loving him. They were not as rich as the Senator’s family, but they had business that sustained them. They got their child’s medical bills get paid by their hard work. Also, he was able to live a comfortable life. Now, he’s a lawyer and he’s doing his best to live his dream.

 

“I’m sorry we couldn’t find you.”

 

DK could almost patched up the puzzle completely. He could definitely understood why things end up as it was. The only information he had to uncover yet was why his parents let Nikita use his name. It was still a mystery since Na Young chose not to give all the information as of now. He only knew that the current Jeonghan might have needed it for concealing himself. He must have know why.

 

Since they couldn’t be long, it was a shame that DK had to go back to his life. He wished he could’ve stayed longer but he’s got a job to do. Riding his car, his mind had shifted on the little game Jeonghan had offered him. He must free his father out of jail.

 

On the other hand, Joshua was so confused by learning the connection between him and Na Young. “I didn’t expect that.” Said the assistant while looking at his, now, serious boss. Guess he needed to get use of SeokMin’s camouflage.

 

“And will remain between us…” Looking at their house from a far with longingness and anger, he said “I will claim everything that belongs to me.” Looking vicious as he could be.

 

“What do you plan to do now?” asked his assistant.

 

“My priority first. To get my father out of that cell.”