Chapter 002: KING WITHOUT A CROWN

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: KING WITHOUT A CROWN

 

Since they arrived home from the tailor shop, Seungcheol hasn’t said a thing yet. Jeonghan might not want to think that Seungcheol took it personally, though, he was confused because their marriage was not in their own will. In fact, Seungcheol was in love with another man. The man who’s going to get married which they were invited as a special guest since they were too close. They were childhood sweetheart, but it’s unfortunate for them to take different paths due to their parent’s will. The sweet young man Seungcheol was in love with, based on Jeonghan’s observation and even though Seungcheol hasn’t revealed anything about him, was Cha EunWoo. He’s a beautiful and sweet person. He’s younger than Seungcheol just like him, but he’s attained so much in his age. He’s smart and humble. People would definitely fall in love with him, only by looking at his doll-like face. Cha EunWoo is a son of one of Choi SeungWon’s, Seungcheol’s father, friend. They’ve been in the business for many years now, exploring different businesses that they could venture. It was such a weird thing when they should’ve engaged their sons to combine their wealth. Besides, EunWoo is a filaudite.

 

*Filaudite is a male bride, who can bear offsprings with a male partner. They have what they called Lune de Miel- a quarterly period just like women have. Their cases are still a mystery because currently, nobody can do a perfect study on how their body works. Once they bear a child, the usual cases are either miscarriages during the first pregnancy or a still born. However, there are successful cases of a child growing up normally than most children. Children that has good immune system to fight the complexity of their nature will likely live long. There are also cases, that a filaudite born will have a struggle for their first five years. And there are chances that they might die because of some infections due to their DNA complexity that may have not develop inside their mother’s womb.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan was just a filaudite with no physical wealth but he could be extremely brave and wise. Seungcheol only knew him a week before their marriage, and now it’s been years since they got married. Seungcheol remains the same and same goes for Jeonghan. They respect each other’s privacy and space. They rarely fight, in fact, Vernon could see them as perfect partners in business rather than in marriage. One was playing the other’s weakness, so when they’re combined, they could be invincible.

 

Choi family belonged to an exclusive organization, Mafia as other labeled. Choi was the leader of the family including the Parks, Songs, and Kims- SEONBI, that’s the name of their brotherhood and it’s been years since they started the organization and the business. People trusted them, however, there’s been a secret growing not long time ago because of some unfortunate decision.

 

In their spacious bedroom, the couple was lying comfortably on to their king sized bed. Jeonghan was reading while Seungcheol was seen staring blankly with a very serious vibe. Jeonghan stopped reading just to call his partner. “Hey, Seungcheol. Something’s wrong?” asked Jeonghan feeling weirder and weirder as time passes by. And he couldn’t sleep with such a statue beside him in bed.

 

The other was disrupted from his blank stares. “What?”

 

“You look so upset.”

 

“From what?”

 

“Are you jealous?” Jeonghan’s never ending tease.

 

It took long before Seungcheol answered, like he was trying to find out what’s the right answer to Jeonghan’s question that sounds perfect and annoying at the same time. Well, the couple likes teasing each other, but in a different attack.

 

“Yeah.” Answered coldly. It did not even feel real for Jeonghan. He knows that his husband was playing along. Guess he was wrong from judging the man’s quietness. Maybe he was just thinking about the business or something else.

 

“Guess, I was wrong.” Jeonghan murmured as he returned from reading when the other suddenly get closer, cuddled him on his waist and buried his face on Jeonghan’s sides. It called Jeonghan’s attention so much and he couldn’t let a tease pass by.

 

“Are you crying?” with a smirk on his pretty face.

 

Later on, Seungcheol’s hug was getting tighter like a child wanted not to go far from his mother.

 

“What’s wrong? Can’t you speak, Cheol? You’re not a child anymore.” Demanded Jeonghan.

 

However, Seungcheol didn’t utter a single word. Based on Jeonghan’s observation, Seungcheol wasn’t crying. He’s just… he’s just… WEIRD. Anyway, Jeonghan let Seungcheol cuddle him until morning.

 

Sun shines brightly, passing through their window, exposing a bright and clean cozy bedroom of a young couple. However, when Jeonghan opened his eyes, Seungcheol was not anymore by his side. Nevertheless, it’s just a normal routine not finding Seungcheol beside him. When he went out to prepare for breakfast, normally Seungcheol would be on his seat reading a daily newspaper but no trace of him. It was a surprise. The first thing he grabbed that morning was the phone. He called Vernon instead, since Seungcheol hardly hold his very large cellular phone as he was so lazy to hold it by himself.

 

Vernon, as expected, answered quickly. However, his voice appears weird. It was serious. “Vernon?”

 

“Yes, Vice President Choi?” he addresses Jeonghan Vice President, which was his title in the office, whenever Seungcheol was around his peers or they’re in formal meetings.

 

“Are you with Seungcheol?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You went out early?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Is there any problem in the company?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“C’mon, Vernon, let’s not make this conversation dead. Talk to me.”

 

Meanwhile, inside the car at the passenger’s seat where Seungcheol was seated, he asked Vernon to give him the phone and let him talk to his wife.

 

“Good morning, Queen.” Seemed as lively as Seungcheol could make early that morning. y and smooth as he sounded.

 

“Where are you going without me?”

 

“There’s something I need to do.”

 

“That’s a very vintage excuse.” Obviously getting angry with his tone.

 

“Meet you in the office. Let’s eat lunch together. Anywhere you want.” Seungcheol began his bargain.

 

“Let’s talk later then.”

 

“As you wish.” Before he hung up, he would need to ask a favor.  “And by the way, can you get my new shoes at Lancelot’s this morning? I need them by afternoon. Thank you.”

 

“Did you order another one?”

 

“Yes, honey.”

 

“You’ve just got a pair of shoes the other month?”

 

“It’s ruined.”

 

“Again?” Jeonghan sighed. “And since when did you order?”

 

“Last month, in London.”

 

“Okay. But who’s gonna drive me?”

 

“Ask your brother. Treat him after.”

 

“Seungcheol, you know that my brother have work. He has his own life.”

 

“I know. I am much rest assured when you are with him. Pay him and make sure he’d accept it. It’s on me.”

 

“Aigoo, Mr. Choi Seungcheol, I don’t know what to do with you.” He muttered in hopelessness. “Alright. Take care. See you later.”

 

“You too. See you.”

 

After hanging the phone, he called his little brother Soon Young, He’s a very adorable young man. His face had nothing to say about his age. His cheeks were full and fluffy. He’s generous and kind. And his charm? His jolly personality. He’s always there to brighten up the mood for Jeonghan. He’s a beloved brother to him, so precious that he still treats him as a baby sometimes.

 

“Yes, hyung?” answered Soon Young quickly as he knew that it was his older brother calling him with the number flashing on his small black and white matrix type screen.

 

“Good morning, Soon Youngie~”

 

“Good morning! What’s up?”

 

“I need a favor.”

 

“Drive you again?” guessed the younger with a smile on his face because he knew it’s going to be exactly what he thought of.

 

“Yes, sweetie. Can you?”

 

“What time?”

 

“Eat your breakfast here.”

 

“On my way.” Soon Young was excited. Actually, he’s always excited going to Choi’s little house. For him, it was cool and cozy. Also, he wanted to meet his older brother because it’s been a long time since they’ve seen each other. It’s about a month now, and Soon Young misses Jeonghan so much. Well, he’s so spoiled by his older brother, so he’d definitely miss his presence. The marriage was so sudden, he wasn’t prepared at all. However, there’s more reason why. Jeonghan was his first reason why but also, handsome cars awaits him in their backyard. How could he not be excited about it? On the top of that, it’s a high end design and brand. Soon Young loves cars, and he started loving them when he saw his father’s police car. It was cool with the siren, that’s why he’s wearing a police uniform now, just like his father’s.

 

“Take care.”

 

Soon Young, actually had just a cup of coffee and a bread because Jeonghan promised to treat Soon Young in a good restaurant near Lancelot. He wanted him to taste every good thing he’s having as much as possible. Soon Young loves eating, so definitely, he’d like the small treat in exchange with the trouble he’s causing him.

 

They drove to a restaurant first before dropping to Lancelot. Jeonghan, once again, met the handsome tailor. This time with the sunshine. Such a beautiful sight in the morning. Jun greeted him with a handsome smile, while he did the same. He even introduced his beloved brother to him.

 

“For Seungcheol’s shoes, is it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Let me get it upstairs. It arrived yesterday, just right after you left.” Jun giggled sweetly.

 

“I see.”

 

“Kindly wait at the couch. I’d ask a staff to bring a cup of tea, or do you prefer coffee?”

 

“We’re okay. We just had our breakfast before we get here.”

 

“Alright. Then, make yourself comfortable. Just give me a sec.” said Jun as he rushed back to their house which was just beside the shop.

 

Meanwhile, the brothers were teasing each other as they wait.

 

“I saw how you look at him, hyung.” Teased Soon Young.

 

Jeonghan was surprised at first. He was actually embarrassed, but yeah, he’s cool and so he acted quite smoothly. “He’s handsome.”

 

Soon Young was more surprised and scoffed. “Really now, hyung? Really?”

 

“What’s wrong?” looking with a smile towards his younger brother “But you are more handsome.”

 

Soon Young smiled instantly and replied. “I know.” Without any shame.

 

“But, yeah, he’s handsome. And hyung, may I just remind you that you are married.”

 

“I know.” The other giggled.

 

Then, later on, Jun appeared carrying an exquisite packaging. Looks majestic. Seemed like it wasn’t an ordinary shoes at all. As Jun presented the shoes for them to check, Jeonghan was rather concerned on how much the pair of shoes costs and thought that he could’ve donated it somewhere instead. Well, Jeonghan was an advocate. He likes helping people. Besides, it wasn’t in his knowledge about how dark his husband’s family’s business was. Not yet.

 

The shoes appeared to be a regular formal shoes just that, the form was sleek and extremely y. The form was the appeal while the little details like the choice of thread and folds of the leather served as it’s crown. It’s very beautiful. Jeonghan would actually love to have one.

 

“These are great!”

 

Even Soon Young agreed.

 

“Thank you.” Replied Jun because it was actually his creation. First line for leather shoes, actually. He’s showcased his first successful design made by hand last showcase, and no wonder Seungcheol was the one who purchased that last pair. Seungcheol didn’t joke at all.

 

Well, Jeonghan became curious to ask about the price, and it was surprising that the price was equivalent to his 3 month salary. How could he buy those? And how designers could price those with such numbers. “Why is it expensive?” immediately asked Jeonghan as he couldn’t see the justice on it.

 

Well, fair enough, Jun had a valid reason. “It’s for a cause the last time I auctioned it.”

 

“Oh. I see. Do Lancelot do charity works too?”

 

“Yes. Every year.”

 

“Such a nice guy.” Greeted Soon Young. “I like him.” he whispered to Jeonghan. “You two are a perfect pair for me, hyung. No offense for Seungcheol hyung. He’s quite a nice guy too, but this one is perfect you know.”

 

Jeonghan was so embarrassed as it was obviously still be audible for a man so close to them. “You’re mouth!”

 

“Why? I just told you what I have in mind.”

 

“You! Really, Soon Young?”

 

Jun giggled. Such a sweet siblings the two were. “What year are you in?” curiously asked the youngest one.

 

“Year for what? You mean duty?”

 

“Are you not a student?”

 

“No. I’m already working for almost 2 years now.” Soon Young giggled as he was fluttered.

 

“I see. You look very young.”

 

“Thank you. You too.” Replied Soon Young shyly.

 

Jun couldn’t help but to let out a sweet chuckle while Jeonghan’s expression was the contrary from the tailor.

 

Well, if that wasn’t too obvious with his uniform which he thought a criminology uniform at first. “Nice to have you here, Officer.” Flattering Soon Young more because Jun found him adorable for that matter. His cheeks were surely lively like a child. His squint when he laugh was also another charm.

 

“No. I’m very honored to meet a cool guy like you. My brother told me that you are a very famous and talented artist. Not to mention you are very handsome as well. Wow!”

 

Soon Young was getting too hyped and Jeonghan needed to stop him before his blabbering gets worst. Now, since their talk was getting longer and both parties had tons of work to do, Jeonghan excused themselves, so they could finally proceed to working.

 

Before they went out, Jun reminded them of the fitting next week. “Your fitting would be next week, Jeonghan. See you, then.”

 

“Sure. Is there any more reasons where I can visit you more often, Jun?” he teased.

 

Soon Young’s eyes almost popped out. He never saw that coming. Earlier, he was being shut down, and now Jeonghan was doing much worse than whatever he did. “Hyung! That’s so naughty of you. It’s embarrassing to this gentleman.”

 

Jeonghan just laughed it out, but he still waited for Jun’s answer with a gesture.

 

Jun had no choice but to answer and he said “Being a friend is a good reason. Only if your partner would agree.”

 

“He’s the one who engaged with you first. I’m sure his friend is my friend too.”

 

“I see. Then, it’s a great pleasure.”

 

Meanwhile, Soon Young was extremely surprised with what Jeonghan had blurted out. It was surprising hearing that his brother-in-law initiated a friendship. That’s very unusual and they’ve been talking and laughing about it when they were on their way to the main office.

 

Soon Young stayed for a little in the office before his duty. It was in the afternoon, so he could have more time to chill in a good and exquisite office. Jeonghan let him enjoy into the private play room built for leisure, while he’s up to something. It was Seungcheol’s idea, though, he rarely goes in there to play for golf or any arcade games. He used it for resting, while Jeonghan never thought he’d use the room as much often as Seungcheol does. Nevertheless, he used that room every time he needed to rest from a different view since there’s a good window there with the mountains, and also to hide.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol arrived. He came to the floor level where his wife, Vice President Choi, was having a meeting with his employee. Since he was still busy, he thought of coming later, but when he saw Soon Young sitting on Jeonghan’s office, he walked towards him and greeted him as friendly as Seungcheol could ever make.

 

“Hey there, Officer.” Entering Jeonghan’s room without him noticing.

 

“Oh, hyung! How are you?”

 

“Fine. Good thing you are here. Can we talk privately?”

 

“Sure.” At first, he thought that the reason for talking was about him being in Jeonghan’s office so he apologized the soonest. “Sorry for sitting in here, hyung.”

 

“No. it’s completely fine. I just want to thank you for driving my wife here. I can’t trust anybody with him, you know that.” Seungcheol winked which he always do, especially when talking to the people he’s comfortable with.

 

“Let’s talk inside my office. I also have something to tell you. It’s confidential. I need your council.”

 

Finally, Soon Young followed his brother-in-law to his office. Jeonghan had finally noticed as they both came out from the only door in that area.

 

“Where are you guys going?”

 

“Talk?” replied Seungcheol coolly.

 

“About what?”

 

“Just want to give him a little treat. Finish that first, we’ll go out later to eat.”

 

“Alright. Your shoes is already in your office.”

 

Seungcheol smiled proudly. “Alright. Thanks, honey.” and leaned to hold his wife’s waist and peck his lips in front of the employee.

 

“Choi Seungcheol!” that call was a sign that the older could read as a warning saying that his action was improper. Seungcheol could also hear the probable script of his very strict queen reminding him how to be professional.

 

Seungcheol smiled. “Alright. I’m sorry. See you later. Finish your meeting real quick. I’m starving.”

 

“Sure. I’m about to finish. I will go to your office.”

.

.

.

 

Inside Seungcheol’s office, it was quite dim. All windows were completely covered. Lights was diffused as Seungcheol preferred because he hates too much light. Meanwhile, Vernon was at his original post which was his office just across Seungcheol’s with a completely bright and exposed room because of the glass and the lights. His eyes were consistently checking upon his boss while viewing some documents to be forwarded and to be signed by him as the president. His job was actually the hardest past compared to the others. He’s been a good secretary. He’s also an amazing bodyguard, Worst of his job was being Seungcheol’s friend. On the contrary, Jeonghan balanced it out, thank goodness.

 

Seungcheol handed out a large sum of money. Soon Young was confused.

 

“What is this for, hyung?” well, since he was in the police, he’s known Choi family as a member of a powerful brotherhood. Jeonghan knew it too, but not all about them. Jeonghan’s job was only to know a little of the brotherhood and of their businesses. Soon Young was not in favor at first, but with just a little talk and given the complicated situation, he had no choice but to agree. Their family has their own circumstances too.

 

“A pay.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For the trouble we are causing you.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Driving my wife; calling you when we need help. I’m sorry, Jeonghan wouldn’t give you that much, does he?”

 

“No need for that. He’s my brother.”

 

“Sweet.” Seungcheol smiled. “Let me change the topic. You are my favorite cop, so I’m giving you a good assignment.”

 

Hyung, this doesn’t sound really normal.” As the younger became nervous. He didn’t want to be involved in any of their activities to avoid to happen, but guess, there would be an unavoidable chances like this.

 

“Can I trust you?”

 

“I don’t know what to answer.”

 

“Let’s just say that I am your CI. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. Just do your job and it’s done.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Seungcheol gave him a sealed envelope. “Open it.”

 

Soon Young was very anxious, nevertheless, if it would help anyone or anything within the cases they were handling in any way he’d bravely accept the duty. When he looked at it, it was a map pointing to a port far from the city.

 

“That’s where the next transactions will be operated. All the drugs from China will be transported there at exactly 3’oclock in the morning. You get it?” instructed Seungcheol.

 

“How did you-“

 

“My stupid uncles are involved. Soon Young-ah, I want you to arrest them.”

 

“Wait, hyung… you mean you- you are involved with this kind of business?” Soon Young perspired in fear.

 

“Originally, we are not. Not until my stupid uncles sell our name to some Chinese and worst, Russian mobs.”

 

“What do you want me to do?”

 

“Arrest them and kill them all if that’s possible. Making them alive will cause much bigger misfortune.”

 

“We cannot just do that, hyung. We need information. And besides, I’m not in the position to do that.” Said Soon Young telling his point.

 

“Then, when there’s a chance, do it. As soon as possible. We cannot let them run in the wild.

.

. And Soon Young, I hope you are open for negotiations.”

 

“Tell me.” Asked Soon Young curiously.

 

“Keep me as an informant. Protect me and my family. Can you do that?”

 

“Your family is my family too. I will do everything to protect you. But only for good reasons, hyung. How can you be sure that my brother won’t be involved in this?” Soon Young became worried.

 

“Just make sure they won’t know me as your informant and we’ll be safe.”

 

“And your father?” asked Soon Young boldly. “There’s a huge possibility he’d get involved in this.”

 

“You judge him. I don’t care at all.”

 

Soon Young was confused once again.

 

“If you want your brother to be safe, keep us in secret.”

 

“Got it. May I know why are you doing this?”

 

“I lost my brother because of this, Soon Young. I love him the most, but they took him away from me. I didn’t not see him for the last time and I regret it. It should be me and not him. My father is at fault too and I hate him for that. Now, I will protect all I have no matter what. My family don’t deserve this.”

 

“Then, I’ll try my best to protect you, your family and my brother. Thanks for the information, but I am not accepting any money, hyung.” Giving back the money on the table towards Seungcheol.

 

“You’ll need that. Besides, I’ll be needing you a lot. Jeonghan cannot drive yet. Should I say, I don’t trust him yet with the wheels. Teach him.”

 

Oh, that bothered Soon Young a lot. “Hyung, there might be a problem with that.”

 

“What?”

 

“He has no patience with things. Especially when you put him in my care. Maybe my patience will run out too. Besides, I can’t use the police car for his driving lessons, my boss will kill me.” He giggled.

 

“Buy a new car. Buy the cheapest first.”

 

“Aigoo, hyung, I am telling you that-“

 

However, Seungcheol ignored the possible messy part and discuss another things with him. A pretty serious thing for him. “You think I should get him a body guard?”

 

“Why? You have Vernon.”

 

“I” Stressing the word ‘I’ meaning for himself “Have Vernon. Not his. Vernon, on the other hand, took a liking of your brother. He’d rather side with him rather than me, you understand? Your brother has this ability to make people his’ without knowing it.”

 

Soon Young laughed. “You bet.”

 

“I’m losing my best friend because he likes my wife more than I am now.” Seungcheol was showing jealousy with his serious face.

 

“I see. He did that to me too. Many times in many ways.”

 

“I’ll find him a suitable body guard and secretary as well. I need Vernon right now.” Thinking of the chances that they fight because Vernon sides with Jeonghan. “And that fool really is fighting me now.”

 

“Alright. I heard your sentiments, but hyung, I don’t want to teach hyung how to drive. I’ll get crazy.” He complained.

 

“No choice, buddy. I can only trust you with him.”

 

“Aigoo.” The younger sighed. Then, he asked a random question. “Hyung… may I know how much you love my brother? I know this is just a ridiculous arrange marriage you both didn’t predicted but-“ Of course, he’s worried about how his brother’s going to be in this kind of marriage.

 

“I love him more than you can see.” Seungcheol confidently uttered.

 

Soon Young was amazed on how cool Seungcheol admitted it. “Even if you are strangers when you get married?” just to make sure.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Woah, hyung! You are really this cool? Wow! I should make you my role model.” He teased.

 

“You shouldn’t. A sweet face like you should be as naughty and jolly as you are now, Soon Young. Take care. Don’t throw yourself in the operations, hear me. Let the others do the job for you.”

 

“But I am not in the position to decline orders hyung. You are forgetting that I am just a private.”

 

“Yeah, but use your mind instead of strength. That’d make you a true winner.”

 

Soon Young was somehow blessed with some coolness. He couldn’t help but to look up to Seungcheol with so much respect, even though, he wasn’t so confident about his brother marrying this kind of stone cold man. Guess, everyone has this soft part in their hearts too.

 

“Got it, hyu-“ before Soon Young ended his sentence, someone disturbed them by a knock and a sudden open of the office door.

 

“Honey, what’s up with this secret conversation with my brother?” raising his brows being over protective to his baby brother.

 

“Nothing. I would just like to give him a reward.”

 

Seeing a thick envelop in the table, Jeonghan immediately frowned and disagree.

 

“Don’t accept that, Soon Youngie.” He instructed like his brother was like an elementary student given with a candy by some stranger.

 

“He gave it back. Jeonghan, he needs it. I’d be out of the country for a while after. I ask him to drive you whenever possible and that’s his salary.”

 

“And why does it have to be that thick?”

 

“He’d also be your teacher in driving.”

 

“Oh. Great!” He said in a sarcastic tone. “I can learn in a school. I don’t want to disturb him.”

 

“No. You need to be with someone I trust, Jeonghan.”

 

“I’ll buy a car for you to practice.”

 

“We have our cars?” talking in sarcasm again.

 

“Yeah, but they’re expensive for you to practice, my love.”

 

Jeonghan got hit by it and thought that his husband has a point. “Very well said.” And sighed.

 

As their conversation was about to finish, Seungcheol ended it with, “I think you are the right person for me to be with.”

 

“And why is that?” asked Jeonghan.

 

Because you are the only person who’d fight me without fear.” Seungcheol smirked.

 

“I guess so. And let’s go for lunch now. I am starving too.” Jeonghan called Soon Young and Vernon to join them, however Seungcheol disagreed.

 

“No.” Giving out a good voucher for a fine dining restaurant to the both of them. “Eat there. Anything you want. Tab it on me. I want to have my wife. Alone.”

 

“Understood.” Answered the youngest. Vernon, on the other hand, nodded and signaled to the cute police officer that they should take this chance. It seemed like Seungcheol was on a good mood to pay too much for a meal. He did make Vernon eat an expensive meal with him, but not as expensive like as much as they want.

 

“Enjoy your lunch then.” Said Vernon. “We’ll go now.”

 

“Thank you, hyung!” exclaimed Soon Young happily.

 

Seungcheol smiled.

 

Later on, Jeonghan was making a mysterious smile from his beautiful face. The others noticed.

 

“What’s with the smile?” asked Soon Young making a weird confused and frowning face.

 

“My husband will buy me food today to wherever I wanted, right?” confirming it to Seungcheol by looking at his eyes.

 

“I promised that.” Said the man of his words.

 

“Then, let’s go. I’ll show you the way.”

 

Meanwhile, Soon Young couldn’t contain what’s on his mind and whispered comfortably to an indifferent yet gentleman beside him. “I think, Seungcheol hyung won’t like this idea.”

 

The other whispered as well. “Why?” he was curious on whatever Soon Young was thinking.

 

“My hyung likes things opposite to Seungcheol hyung. So, let’s see. If he returns in a foul mood which was, I think, quite dangerous thing to happen… it means that Hanie hyung brought him to a humble restaurant he wouldn’t think he’d eat to ever in his life. He’d most probably be disgusted. Hanie hyung told me earlier that he misses a store we ate a lot before, so I am assuming that it’s not quite classy as Seungcheol’s image was.”

 

“Interesting.” Vernon blurted. He was looking at Seungcheol, somehow drawn to the fantasy of wanting to see his boss gets frustrated with the kind of food he’d eat later. But, he’s also excited with a meal without Seungcheol. Ever since Jeonghan came, everything was changing slowly. In his point of view, better progress than the one they had before. Also, Vernon was looking that he had much more respect to Jeonghan rather than Seungcheol. And he’s too bold to show it to his best friend/ boss.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol didn’t know that it was somehow a trap.

.

.

.

Vernon and Soon Young went out first, while Jeonghan and Seungcheol came second as Jeonghan changed his clothes into a much simpler one. He had Seungcheol’s T- shirt in his office in case the day would come. Jeonghan bought it for him for emergency purposes. He made him change too, which was surprising and quite mysterious when Jeonghan told him. “Put this on. We are going somewhere exciting.”

 

Nevertheless, as Seungcheol couldn’t yet see the danger coming, he changed. People were actually looking at them. It’s quite chic for Seungcheol and Jeonghan to be seen in casual half formal clothing. It’s shocking, especially to those who were used to a strict and formal Seungcheol.

 

For Seungcheol, it’s not bad to get change in such a comfortable clothing. In fact, he thought he could never wear such things again, but Jeonghan made it possible. It matches his taste anyway, so he changed for a change.

 

In the elevator, which was the private elevator only the bosses could use including the executives and partners, Seungcheol got clingy as per usual.

 

After holding Jeonghan’s waist, he moved at the back leaning his chin of his beautiful wife’s shoulder and wrap his arms around the slim body tightly without saying any word and more of an action.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol finally said “I love your scent, Queen.”

 

Jeonghan smirked and joked “That’s how precious my sweat are. Enough to create an Egyptian’s most expensive perfume.”

 

Seungcheol scoffed with a smile on his face. “You never let a day pass without messing around, don’t you?”

 

“No.” The other chuckled as he looked slightly on the sides to see how Seungcheol was doing. “I enjoy it.”

 

Seungcheol chuckled.

.

.

.

From the moment they drove to somewhere unfamiliar with Seungcheol, as he was only to follow his wife’s orders, they ended up in an Eat-All-You-Can Buffet. A cheap one which sunk the earlier bright face of Seungcheol from the good mood he had this morning.

 

Looking at the regular shaped restaurant with cheap furnitures and crowded ambience, Seungcheol frowned and Jeonghan could see that.

 

“C’mon, Seungcheol! Don’t make that face. I love it here.” Jeonghan dragged him by holding the other’s hand tight so he won’t escape.

 

They entered the humble restaurant. It seemed clean but all the middle class people were there to eat. All the food were served in a bulk, Seungcheol didn’t even know if those food were clean enough for him to eat. He was extremely quiet, excreting some bad energy from Jeonghan’s behind, but he still insisted for them to eat there.

 

They paid for 5 dollars each and searched for their seats. The owner recognized Jeonghan and greeted him with a smile. The old lady was glad seeing a beautiful person who became their helper when he was younger.

 

“Hanie, how have you been? It’s been a while.” Said the old lady.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan never forget to introduce his husband. “Hello, Mrs. Kim! Yeah. I already missed eating here with your delicious food. And by the way-“ Dragging the fuming older male for a closer look. “He’s Seungcheol, my husband.” He said proudly.

 

“Oh! It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Seungcheol! My pleasure having you in my humble restaurant. Jeonghan was my helper before. I am so glad that he’s in good hands now and he seemed more blooming.”

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“I hope you enjoy our meal. I’ll bring you something.”

 

“Thank you Mrs. Kim. We’ll eat many.”

 

“Sure!” the old lady smiled.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan nudged Seungcheol’s side to cheer up, but Seungcheol couldn’t.

 

“C’mon, Seungcheol. I thought you are good with this.”

 

“Not this, Jeonghan.”

 

“Ya. Don’t spoil this good moment.”

 

“Ya?” insulted as Jeonghan was much younger than him. “You spoiled my day first.”

 

“You should be a man of your word, Seungcheol.”

 

“You should’ve warned me first.” Frowning his eyebrows more.

 

“Let’s eat. I’ll get our food. Stay here.”

 

Soon enough, Jeonghan had his hands full with food. Including the fresh pork soon to be grilled for a good samgyupsal. Jeonghan was getting ready as he went back and forth to the food counter. He noticed that he’s getting more than what he knew was normal serving for him. Seungcheol thought that it was too much.

 

“Jeonghan, this is enough. We can’t finish everything, you know. You are getting too much.”

 

“Don’t worry Seungcheol. We’ll be fine.” Jeonghan assured while the old lady served them a soup which was not included in the menu. It was his Jeonghan’s favorite and the old lady’s secret recipe.

 

“Here you go. Enjoy.”

 

“Oh my god! Thank you so much Mrs. Kim. I miss this.”

 

“You got here at the right time.”

 

Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol as he started to get annoyed by his partner’s expression. “You fix your expression right now, Cheol before I get mad.” He threatened.

 

Of course the other had much of a pride and he won’t easily give up. “This is a mistake.”

 

“Don’t let me throw this chopsticks to you, Mr. Choi.” Jeonghan hated it when Seungcheol was being so insensitive. But he was very willing to make Seungcheol a good wrap of Samgyupsal. “Here. Eat it, so you know.” Feeding his husband personally.

 

Seungcheol didn’t want it at first but as Jeonghan’s eyes were getting sharper and shaper as he looked at him, he had no choice but to eat it and try. He tried it unwillingly but he got an unexpected taste. It was clearly the best wrap of samgyupsal he’d ever eaten in his life.

 

Jeonghan paused as Seungcheol was. “What? Great isn’t it? I’ve never tasted anything like this even if you bring me to the most expensive restaurant, you see.” Wrapping the second batch “Here, have some more. The next wrap should be made by you. I have to eat too. Wash your hands first.”

 

Seungcheol obeyed, to be fair with. He came back ready to eat with his bare hands. He actually enjoyed every single dish Jeonghan get.

 

“I’ve learned how to cook because of Mrs. Kim. You owe her a lot. She also sponsored me with my allowances when I don’t have money when we are still studying. You see. She’s a very kind woman.”

 

“I see. She’s great then. But why don’t you have no allowances before? Your family seemed to have the ability to take care of those for you.”

 

“My father went missing before. He was in duty, but he suddenly disappeared. He showed when I was in college and he could barely made it at home with his poor appearance. And my mother had an accident while heading to her office. She was critical but she survived. That explained her unable legs.”

 

“I didn’t know that.”

 

“Yeah, as much as I didn’t know about your family.”

 


“Alright. I think it’s better we talk things during meal.”

 

“Yeah. That’s much livelier. I’d prefer that rather than talking to the dead air.”

 

Seungcheol smiled innocently that time. Jeonghan was surprised, and kind of glad seeing an innocent smile coming from his partner’s handsome face.

 

“See, you are more handsome when you smile.”

 

“I will only show you this. You are lucky.”

 

“Right.” Jeonghan answered in sarcasm and they laugh. “Keep that promise.”

 

“I will.”

 

After they ate. They never realized that they’ve ate so much, having four rounds of samgyupsal and having more dishes. It was very affordable in Seungcheol’s case. He was very satisfied and it was the first time he ate until his stomach couldn’t handle anymore. Now, he understood where the T-shirt purpose was.

 

“Thank you for the meal. I am full.”

 

Jeonghan peaked on Seungcheol’s before muscle-y stomach. It now has a little bulge on it. “I can see that.” He giggled.

 

“You are my turning point, Jeonghan.”

 

“Good for you. Let’s go. Let’s eat here often, Cheol. Please.”

 

“Any time you want.” Now he was convinced.

 

“Great!”

They were by the door, Seungcheol let Jeonghan go first in the car and asked to wait for him there. He told him that he’d just be using the toilet. However, the truth was, he’d like a talk to the old lady to thank her for the meal and also to give a tip. A large one, a humble person couldn’t imagine. It was much more than they’ve paid. The old lady refused but Seungcheol threatened her adorably.

 

“If you won’t get this, I will not allow my wife to eat here.” With a smile and a sweet wink.

 

“Oh. You little-” Squinting her eyes to play around. “Thank you. Take care of each other.” Cupped Seungcheol’s cheeks as she patted it gently. “He’s a good and kind man. I say you are very lucky for having him.”

 

Seungcheol agreed with a smile and said “I can see that. Thank you for teaching him how to cook. I have the greatest meal everyday of my life.”

 

“I will invite you on my birthday, you better come. Did you like my recipe?”

 

“Very much.”

 

“Attend to my party, and I’ll teach him my secret soup.”

 

“Alright. I’ll see to it.”

 

“Thank you my dear boy.”

 

“See you.”

 

Seungcheol went back to drive with his wife with a smile appeared back on his face.

 

“Good mood again?” said Jeonghan.

 

“Because I am with the most beautiful wife a man could have.”

 

“I am your husband, Cheol.”

 

“My Queen.”

 

Jeonghan was hopeless when it comes to that fight, but at least he was very much satisfied with their meal today.