SUIT & TIE: Slope

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: Slope

 

Once Seungcheol and Jeonghan went back working after a long rest, there came an unexpected news at the lobby.

 

“Vice President, someone has delivered flowers for you.” Said the receptionist.

 

The couple was surprised.

 

“For me?” asked Jeonghan. “From whom?” picking up the bouquet of flowers innocently.

 

“He said his name is Jeon Wonwoo and these, unfortunately dried flowers, was sent by Mr. Xu Minghao. He said he’s one of the shareholders of one of our ships.”

 

Seungcheol was alerted. “What? That son of a ! He came here?”

 

“Only the messenger- Jeon Wonwoo, sir.”

 

“It’s just a flower.” Looking at the staff “Let me have it.”

 

“There’s a letter on it, Vice President. We kept it for safety, in case the flower totally withered.” Giving Jeonghan the letter. “Actually, they’ve given 7 sets and it’s all in the storage area. This one came yesterday. It just happen to wither faster.”

 

“I see. He sure adores me so much.”

 

After a while, before they both continue to the lift, the same delivery man was seen holding the flowers and greeted the couple confidently “Good morning, President and Vice President Choi.”

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Seungcheol agitatedly.

 

“Calm down, Mr. Choi. I am just a messenger. Boss just wants to know how the Vice President is coping up. If I have the answer right now. I’d gladly walk away. Just please receive the bouquet.” Smiled Wonwoo handsomely to the lovely Vice President of the Choi Shipping.

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, smiled and accepted the gifts. “Thank you. Tell your boss, that I am still sad but getting better. And please tell him, if he sends flowers, make sure it’s in a pot so I can add it to my garden.”

 

“Will inform him. Thank you.”

 

“You are Jeon Wonwoo?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Yes, Vice President. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Kissed Jeonghan’s hand.

 

“Pleasure to meet you too. I didn’t know he has a handsome assistant like you. I think you fit in to my side.” Jeonghan joked.

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “That’s too much for me, Vice President but thank you. I’d gladly and immediately switch sides if there’s a chance. I should say you are gorgeous.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “Would you mind having a tea?”

 

“Jeonghan.” Called Seungcheol.

 

“C’mon, Seungcheol. He’s been coming here for days. Why don’t we invite him for a little treat?”

 

“Thank you for the offer but-“ Wonwoo’s words were halted.

 

“No. I insist.”         

 

Seungcheol became speechless, as well as, Vernon who had just witnessed the invitation. Nonetheless, they couldn’t reverse it anyway, since its Jeonghan who asked. Quite bold but they thought it was innocent of him to invite an enemy over. Or maybe not.

 

After the visitor has left, Seungcheol was maddened by Jeonghan because of his reckless action. He went to the office of his wife to scold him. “Are you mad? Why did you invite him in?”

 

“He’s new in my eyes.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I’ve seen Minghao before when I am still working as a host. Never met him personally but from what I remembered, Wonwoo was not included in his guards before.”

 

“What are you planning?”

 

“I can’t let you work alone.”

 

Seungcheol was getting anxious with Jeonghan. He’s unpredictable. Seungcheol became uncomfortable walking back and forth in front of his wife while keeping his eyes on him. Then, he said very determined “I knew you shouldn’t be involved in this.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised on how he acted. He frowned his brows thinking of possible things that might be on his partner’s head.

 

“Seungcheol.” Jeonghan called out seeing the way Seungcheol move around. “Did I offend you?”

 

“Jeonghan.”

 

“Yes? Tell it straight to my face Seungcheol. I don’t want to play charades with you now.”

 

“You cannot tell this to anyone. You cannot do whatever my brother did. Not to protect me, understood?”

 

Seungcheol was obviously getting frustrated.

 

“I asked you to stay with me, Jeonghan. Not to risk your life.”

 

“You asked me to be your pride when we get married, Seungcheol. I need to do that for you. We should get our enemies closer.”

 

“But this is ridiculous!” said Seungcheol irritably.

 

“Oh honey.” Jeonghan walked closer to Seungcheol and initiated an embrace for the first time. “Don’t worry. Let me take care of things inside the house. But you should promise me that you will take care of the rest without any bloodshed. Are we clear?”

 

“I cannot promise that.”

 

“Then, make it clean.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised on how Jeonghan reacted. He seemed more of a mafia than him. Serious on what he said, Jeonghan obviously caught Seungcheol off guard.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan smirked and said “You are welcome, my dear.”

 

“Jeonghan… I want you to be my pride and my strength. But I will not allow you being hurt.”

 

“Is that a proposal? A real proposal?”

 

“I’ve proposed to you many times, you just don’t take it seriously.” Pulling himself loose to the embrace to give Jeonghan a tender kiss. “I’m just glad to have married an exceptional man like you.”

 

Jeonghan smiled and said “You are playing something here, Cheol.”

 

“None that I know.” The other returned a handsome smile.

.

.

.

 

Senator Lee JinJin’s case_

Few months has passed after Senator Lee’s death, the investigation was digging into much deeper cases.

 

<<

 

In the dark, a man wearing his black suit with a black gloves was walking along the bridge that night. He had a long gun on his hands, but then, he threw it away to the river. He walked casually removing his leather gloves on his fine and skillful hands and reported over the small device on his ear connected near his mouth. “Mission complete.”

 

“Good job, son.”

 

“What’s the next plan?”

 

“Not too fast, Valentin. Let’s stick to whatever plan Seungcheol has.” The old man chuckled. “He might be surprised as soon as he’d hear this.”

 

“I am sure he will be. He didn’t plan for deaths.”

 

“He sure is an innocent mob, don’t you think?”

 

“Very much, like a child.” He scoffed. “He believed that we can prevent blood from spilling in this kind of game.” Being problematic of how to control, if possible, the young Choi with his absurd mindset. “Seungcheol is a good man but his goodness may bring him nothing but death.”

 

Jun changed his suit into a police uniform as he walks casually without anyone noticing.

 

“Well, he should appear innocent, at least. That’s the only reward he can make out of this besides death.” Lancelot sighed as he clicked his tongue.

 

“How about the casualties?”

 

“We can do nothing about that. In every war, there’ll always be someone to get sacrificed.”

 

Jun sighed. “This task is too much of a burden on my night, dad.”

 

“My bad. I believe you are liking my shop, is it?”

 

“From time to time.”

 

The old Moon chuckled. “Don’t worry, you look handsome on your day job. Keep going. Honestly, I never thought you’d get renowned. But great job! Guess you found a new path in your life.”

 

“Let’s see about it.”

 

Jun smiled. “I’m going to hang now, father. I have to do one more thing tonight.” Jun successfully changed his clothing to a police officer. As to finish his whole outfit, he put on a cap to cover his face.

 

Jun, in the mansion of the late Senator Lee, knew how to blend in. He was impossible to get caught with his knowledge through the case and also with his fluency in Korean Language. While inside the investigation scene, Jun carefully and strategically input evidences as lead to other people/ families who were involved.

 

“I found something.” called Jun. However it surprised him that it was Soon Young who came and get the evidence he has planted himself. He was quick to conceal himself as he went to the other location pretending that he’s the one being called by the police officer from the other room. Jun somehow escaped Soon Young’s great criticism.

 

On the other hand, Soon Young noticed that the police officer was quite a new face. He doubted and chased him only to find out that he’s vanished. Jun escaped the trouble that time as he immediately left the scene and changed to a more casual outfit. It’s just that he was too outstanding in the plain sight, being the only one along the streets where people just don’t pass by. It caught Soon Young’s attention upon looking by the window. That was the time the young officer totally had his doubts with the officer that handed him the evidence.

 

Now that Jun successfully escaped the area, Jun walked quietly to a café, ordered a piece of cake and a tea with his paper and pencil planning about his next collection.

 

_End of the Flashback>>>

 

Now that a senator was dead. Evidence were slowly recovered from his little notebook hidden at the cushions of his expensive car. People were disgusted upon hearing the dirt the senator was hiding. They felt betrayed believing that he’s a good man all his life in serving people.  

 

There has been some mistake there. Seungcheol and the others were alerted that suddenly, evidence came floating around like it was accessible to all. They understood that they were all in danger. As Seungcheol remembered, he hasn’t given any order to anyone yet. Well, Jihoon might have find things out for himself but not quite sure who the hell exposed the truth. Might be someone close to the Lee family.

 

Immediately, Jihoon visited Seungcheol’s office at once with madden expression.

 

Seungcheol was kind of surprise about it. It was too vulgar that he showed up in their office with that kind of face. Was he even thinking? Jihoon walked towards Seungcheol’s door who was currently talking to his wife.

 

“Vice President Choi, may I have a word with your husband?” The young Governor Lee had shown his anger on his face with tight jaw.

 

Jeonghan was worried. Jihoon looked wild. He was afraid that the governor might do the things he’s done to Soon Young before. Of course he knew.

 

 “We’ll talk later.”

 

Seungcheol was now left alone with the little beast “Do you have something to do with this?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Did you plant something in my father’s house?” grunted Jihoon.

 

“You dare come here to accuse me?” with disbelief face.

 

“I know I messed up with your little toy (referring to Soon Young), but this is too much!” angered Jihoon.

 

“You think I have something to do with this? You know me, Jihoon. I won’t betray you.”

 

“!” grunted Jihoon.

 

“Calm down.”

 

“How the hell am I supposed to calm down? The evidence was found like it was staged. It’s all over the place!”

 

“Look, I know I have a police there, but don’t you think it’s beyond his control that your father put things irresponsibly?” Seungcheol was getting furious as well for being accused. “Look. When I came to threatened you, you deserve it, but I haven’t move a muscle since the bust from the negotiations in America.”

 

“That is not my father who’s done this.”

 

“And you think I did it? We are in the same boat, Jihoon. Your doom is mine too. Remember that.”

 

“How about the annoying officer (Soon Young)? He has the very reason to do this.”

 

“You think he will choose to avenge himself when he knows he’s the first person you will suspect? Besides, he doesn’t even know the info the police got. Someone has done this. Close to you and me. I didn’t even know some of those names they shown in the television, Jihoon. For goodness sake! That’s your family (Mafia group) you are talking about.”

 

Jihoon thought Seungcheol might be right.

 

“You’ve made several enemies, Jihoon. You and your father. You think, it’s fair to get me accused when I am the one cleaning your mess?”

 

“My apologies. Excuse me, I have to go somewhere else.”

.

.

.

At the end of a very long day, Jihoon would always be with his favorite cousin, SeokMin, for a drink.

 

“You okay, bud?” asked SeokMin.

 

Jihoon looked at him and scoffed. “What do you think?”

 

Knowing that it must be hard for Jihoon to cope up right after his father’s murder, Seokmin tried to console Jihoon. “Sorry, I couldn’t do something f-“

 

“He left a great mess to clean up.” He gritted in annoyance.

 

SeokMin was surprised. Nevertheless, he never expects less since he knew that his cousin hated his father as much as he hated idiots. What’s surprising was, Jihoon felt nothing but a liability towards his father’s death.

 

“Can I help?”

 

“I knew this will happen! Was he careless or was it our enemies?

 

“Probably your enemies. I don’t think uncle would have kept those in a plain site.

 

“I don’t know. Someone was definitely behind this.”

 

“I know. You’ve made too much enemies. Just too much.”

 

“Yeah. I don’t know why I thought of Seungcheol at first.”

 

“Did you give him a motive?” chuckled SeokMin.

 

“I did. I taught his little cub a lesson.”

 

“Oh dear! You messed with my little tiger? Is he alive?”

 

“Of course. It’s just a warning.”

 

“Oh thank goodness. He’s so cute. I don’t want to lose him yet.” Chuckled Seokmin.

 

“Ya. Is this a game for you?”

 

“We always play, Jihoon. You’re just fired up today. If this is Seungcheol’s works, he would’ve just slap it on your face. He attacks right up front. You know that.” SeokMin sip a little of his liquor.

 

“Yeah. That’s what he made me realize.”

SeokMin nodded.

“I need your help.” Asked Jihoon.

 

“I’m always here for you.” DK smiled.

 

“Take me out into the watch list.”

 

“I’m on it. But first you need to calm down. This may take a little while”

 

Jihoon sighed. “Alright. I think I’m going to back off for now. Karma is on me after punishing a good boy.”

 

SeokMin chuckled and teased. “If you want someone to cuddle at night, I am here.”

 

“As if!” Jihoon scoffed. “By the way, you think Jeonghan is involved with the business as well?” said Jihoon.

 

“Why so?”

 

“Fate brings us together. He liked you, yeah?”

 

“I think so. He likes luxury… and so I am.” SeokMin giggled as he raised his glass of wine.

 

Jihoon became disgusted hearing those words. “Did you know that his little brother covers my track? I’m not sure if Jeonghan knows about it.”

 

“Really? How? Why? Didn’t you just hurt him?” SeokMin became bewildered with the information he wanted to know upon hearing the news. “Bad boy. That little cub is smart, you see. If he grows a little bit more, he knows exactly what to do.” Explained Seokmin.

 

“Oh, for that… he deserves an apology. Just don’t make me kneel down before him. Do something.”

 

“Hey! It’s your problem. You messed with that poor adorable guy. Do it your own. I’m on his side.” Teased the lawyer.

 

“I’m scared of you sometimes.” Drinking a glass of cold and old whiskey as per preference.

 

“Why? Because I am more handsome than you?”

 

“No. Because I can’t keep you by my side.”

 

SeokMin laughed out loud and answered. “Ya! I have my own mind. I am not your robot. Geez! Now I’m upset.”

 

“This is ridiculous.” Scoffed the young Governor Lee.  “You think Jeonghan knows?”

 

“If he knew, why would he ask me to be his father’s attorney?”

 

“Then why is Officer Yoon involved?”

 

“Jihoon, you are forgetting that Officer JaeWon was a COP. A cop whose wife is your family’s main hunter. You insane?

 

Jihoon chuckled. “You are probably right.”

 

SeokMin sighed. “You are hopeless.”

 

“You are too. Cheers!”

.

.

.

The following day, Seungcheol got up early. He’s getting ready for something. For now, he’s with Vernon. They exchange places because Jeonghan needed more care.

 

“Seungkwan. Be with Jeonghan for now. Take him to his mom if wants to. Just don’t make him do heavy and stressful things. He still needs to rest more.”

 

“Understood, sir.”

 

“He may play quite tough. I think you know what to do.”

 

“Got it, sir.”

 

Jeonghan was listening. Seungcheol knows since he was just in front of him. “You are too strict. And how are you going to handle things in the office without me?”

 

“There’s mom. She’ll take care of that.”

 

“Fine. Then, can I go to Jun’s place?”

 

“For what?”

 

“Just fetching a few cookies.”

 

“He’s busy. His place is not a café, sweetheart.”

 

“I know that. Tsk! I wanna see a friend but he’s out of country. EunWoo is coming with you, right? And Soon Young would be going to work now since he got discharged.” Jeonghan sighed.

 

“Since you are going to Jun’s place. Invite him to have a grand show in one of our ships. Get him whatever he want.”

 

“Yes, sir!”

 

On the other line, Seungcheol called his brother in law. “Hey buddy, how are you?”

 

“Good. Need something?”

 

“Are you available today?”

 

“Sure. Where do we meet?”

 

“I’ll fetch you from your place. Will give something to your mom.”

 

Seungcheol, for the first time, stepped his feet onto Yoon’s residence. Soon Young greeted him, offered him something to eat.

 

“What brings you here, Seungcheol?” asked Na Young.

 

“I would like to apologize for the trouble I am causing your family. It was my fault, Soon Young got into trouble.”

 

“Ei, hyung! What are you saying? It’s my job.”

 

“Is there something going on, son?”

 

“I need to talk about something. Jeonghan told me that he’s been Minhyuk’s messenger. Just learned it lately. Do you know something about this?”

 

Na Young sighed. Guess everything would be revealed soon. “Yes, dear. I found it all out. It’s our fault. That kid knows no danger, Seungcheol. But please, let me take care of things.”

 

“Why did you agree to marry Jeonghan to me?” he asked directly because he needed to know. He thought something was missing with Jeonghan’s explanation. His partner said, there are reasons. However, not everything was revealed “Is Jeonghan in a mission? If that so, I am asking you to tell him to stop. He’s not going to stop if I will be the one to tell him.”

 

Na Young was surprised upon the request. With his tone, he was definitely concern about Jeonghan. Might be a good sign. She never thought Seungcheol would ever be so kind with his reasons.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll tell him.” The lady judge chuckled. “It’s my first time seeing you that worried, my dear. Did Jeonghan do something?”

 

“Nothing. Not yet. I just want him to live as normal as possible. It’s my family’s problem, not his.”

 

Soon Young was convinced that Seungcheol had started feeling things he never expected to feel towards Jeonghan. Love is a different subject. It can change everything.

 

“Understood. I will try my best to talk to him. And please, don’t cross the line too much Seungcheol. I know you’ve been working on this mission long before your brother went missing.” said Na Young with her own suspicions.

 

“I called the CIA. The other one. They’re doing the dirty job for me so no need to worry. Just enjoy your retirement, Judge Yoon. I better get going.” Looking at his watch like he had some important thing to do.

 

“Another one?” surprised Na Young.

 

“I didn’t know they called for one already.” Answered Seungcheol innocently.

 

“But be careful.”

 

“Yes. I will. You should too.”

 

“Sure. Thank you for visiting.”

 

Before Seungcheol go, at first he was hesitant to bring up the matter thinking that maybe Judge Yoon knew something about his brother since her and his family agreed to engage. “Attorney Yoon. I know my family and yours had some deal over the marriage. I won’t ask about the others yet because I have many in my plate right now, but I just want to know if my brother could still be alive in any possible way.”

 

It was a sad question, however, Na Young couldn’t answer it yet. Things were very complicated and no one could ever tell who’s the ally or the enemy. “I am not sure, son. The only thing I can tell is that, we might have a lead to whoever did this to your brother. However, I cannot guarantee his life. He has triggered somebody. I just hope that they didn’t know about Jeonghan.”

 

Seungcheol frowned knowing the possibility of getting Jeonghan involved. “Thank you, Na Young. Will do the rest.” Looking at Soon Young “And for you, Soon Young, play around with your attacker first. Told him that you work for us. No need to hide at all.”

 

Soon Young nodded. “Guess a little game wouldn’t hurt.”

 

“But be careful of him. He’s small but his powers are more than mine.”

 

“Roger that.”

.

.

.

 

Later on, Na Young called Seungcheol’s father “SeungWon ssi, do you have a minute?”

 

“Will go there.” Said him.

 

Soon Young was totally confused of the things going around within their family. Especially when he learned that what he knew was not even the half of the whole picture. CIA wasn’t a joke. The world wants those underground lords and they would chase them to death. This was complete different game.

.

.

.

JEONGHAN WITH SEUNGKWAN_

 

Jeonghan with Seungkwan was about to go to Lancelot but then, Jeonghan had this thought of talking to his adorable assistant first. “Seungkwan.”

 

“Yes?” said his voice lovingly.

 

Jeonghan smiled and said “Can we go somewhere else first?”

 

“Sure. But not to the office.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “Sure. Can we go to a friend of mine?”

 

“Not Mr. Moon?”

 

“Nope. Another person. Will you?”

 

“No problem. But please avoid taking unhealthy food, hyung.”

 

“You are so strict.”

 

“Hyung, please understand that it is my job to protect you and your family. You clearly know that I am a dead meat if Seungcheol hyung finds out.”

 

“Point taken. That’s noted.”

 

While they were on their way out there driving in the streets, Jeonghan suddenly asked “Why work with the scariest man in town, Seungkwanie?”

 

“Oh. That’s ummm… Mr. Choi gave me an opportunity to study again.”

 

“Who recommended you?”

 

“It’s Vernon.”

 

“Oh~” with circular way of saying the empty and yet very meaningful word. “What’s the relationship between you and Vernon, if I may ask?”

 

Seungkwan blushed. He was flustered by that question. “Ah! No, hyung. You got it all wrong. It’s just… Actually, I- we meet in a weird circumstances.”

 

“Really?” said Jeonghan intriguingly. “May I know? The only thing I could think of is a one night stand if you mean weird. Vernon isn’t of a social person. I don’t know when he’s drunk though. Never seen him like that.”

 

On the other hand, Seungkwan would never imagine how wild Jeonghan could make stories from a word. That’s very outrageous of him. “No hyung. We didn’t do that.”

 

“But you know, I think Vernon likes you.”

 

“He will never like me.”

 

“Why not? You are charming and amusing. In a positive way, Seungkwan. Don’t get me wrong.”

 

“But you did get me wrong, hyung. Gosh! It’s… I just don’t know what to say.”

 

Seeing his flustered assistant, Jeonghan couldn’t help but to laugh. “You look so cute, Seungkwan. I like you. Anyone will like you. My husband wouldn’t get you if he didn’t like you. And I tell you, you wouldn’t get this long. And since Vernon is such a kind man… I know he likes you too.”

 

“I don’t know what to say.”

 

“Don’t worry, things will be fine.”

 

“So, hyung, where will we turn?” asked Seungkwan being guided by Jeonghan since it’s a new route.

 

“Just turn left to that street and keep it straight.”

 

Seungkwan innocently followed his boss’ direction. And somehow as they go down town, he was getting familiar with the road. He wondered why Jeonghan would ever visit that place. It’s a place where he’s familiar with, to be honest. Near the sea.

 

“Hyung, is your friend here?”

 

“Yeah.” He said in a very short tone unlike the jolly ones earlier.

 

When Jeonghan saw the place, he ordered Seungkwan to park right at the corner.

 

Seungkwan was surprised when he found out where his boss would like to visit. Jeonghan walked anxiously but carefully. He went to an old house and rang the doorbell even though it looked abandoned.

 

“Hyung… what are we doing here?” asked Seungkwan in surprise.

 

“I need to see an old friend.” After a few ring, Jeonghan frowned and sighed. “Where could he be?” he whispered.

 

Seungkwan thought that maybe it’s someone who occupied the house after he abandoned it. He waited a bit until Jeonghan said “No one’s home.” And thought deeper.

 

“Who are you looking for? Maybe we can ask.”

 

“No need. I just want to look inside the house.”

 

“You left something?”

 

Jeonghan looked at Seungkwan and said “Actually, Seungkwan- don’t be so surprised. I’ve never met the person in here. I always stay outside. Minhyuk was the one who always come inside. I need to see him.”

 

“Minhyuk hyung?” asked Seungkwan with surprise.

 

“Do you know him?”

 

Seungkwan nodded. “He rents the place whenever the ship was right in the port. It’s still rented. I mean if-” Seungkwan was testing the waters if Jeonghan could get what he meant.

 

“Oh! It is you who own it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Are you the- I mean. I usually sleeps inside my cabin. I just accompany him here. I am hoping that- um-“ Jeonghan was also testing the other. “I need to see the keeper?” with slight doubt if the boy would get it.

 

“Oh! You mean-“

 

Nodding hoping that the boy was ‘THE KEEPER’ Minhyuk was telling him. “Are you?”

 

“And you are?” confirming that he was.

 

“His messenger. I am never connected to The Keeper, but I am the one who communicates to the Tailor. Do you know him?”

 

“Oh! Oh!” said Seungkwan in surprise. “Let’s talk inside. I hope no one barged in after he left.”

 

Jeonghan learned that Seungkwan was the one responsible for keeping all Minhyuk’s gathered evidence. Those that were big in operations and should be delivered in discreet. Inside the house, in the basement, there Minhyuk would plan like a detective. Sometimes, The CIA agent and Mingyuk meets there for a meeting.

 

“Seungkwanie, we should work together. I need your help. Can you get me to talk to the ‘Tailor’ in person?”

 

“I can do that. But you used to talk to him am I right?”

 

“I cannot now. Not when people have their eyes on me.”

 

“Gotcha!”

 

“Keep this from my hubby first.”

 

“Sure. He gets so anxious about you.”

 

“Yeah. I know.”

 

“Maybe he’s worried because he loves you.”

 

“Maybe as a friend. I am special to him in another way maybe… anyway, Seungkwan-ah I need to find out if Minhyuk is still alive. I want to believe he’s alive.”

 

“Me too. He’s a kind man. I was so surprised when Vernon told me he’s dead.”

 

“Seungkwan… perhaps, Minhyuk ask you to keep an item?”

 

“He- he gave me too many. Which one?” said the younger while he’s thinking of the possible things he might have kept inside that house.

 

“A jewelry. Do you have it?” asked Jeonghan anxiously.

 

“Oh! Was it yours?”

 

Jeonghan was expectant.

 

“I’ve got something he asked me to keep.” Seungkwan smiled when he remembered what was it for, according to his judgement. “Hyung, I think that’s meant for you.”

 

“For me?”

 

Seungkwan nodded. “I am quite sure about that. Will give it to you tomorrow because it’s not with me at the moment.”

 

“Where?”

 

“At Vernon’s house.”

 

Jeonghan had a little stop over there. “You- live with? Vernon?”

 

Seungkwan blushed and stuttered. “F-for now.”

 

Jeonghan smirked. “I knew Vernon likes you.” With devilish look. “And don’t tell me I’m wrong.”

 

“No. I was there because…” doubting a bit but there’s no point of hiding “can we talk inside the car, hyung?”

 

Returning back into the car, Seungkwan continued. “We met because I tried to kill Governor Lee.”

 

It shocked Jeonghan because he never thought he’d do such things. He thought that he’s an angel, but same as him, he has little secrets too. “Why so?”

 

“I’m sorry, it was the only thing I think I can do at that moment. I was so desperate, but Vernon found me and stopped me. He promised to retrieve my brother from the Lees.”

 

“I see. Vernon can be trusted. Why is your brother with them?”

 

Seungkwan told Jeonghan what exactly what he told Vernon. Now, he couldn’t keep anything secret from Jeonghan as promised since it’s already a different story after learning that Jeonghan is involved. “Sorry for keeping this. I didn’t know what to do.” Seungkwan sighed deeply. “Now I am dead.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Seungcheol hyung specifically told me not to involve you with this.”

 

“You cannot do something about it now, darling. I am more involved than you think. Just keep this a secret first. I need to talk to ‘Tailor’ first.”

 

Seungkwan nodded.

 

“Then, can I trust you?”

 

“I might be looking weak, but I am not. Well, physically maybe, not lesser than a body guard though. I studied guns.”

 

“Alright. Then, I will let you know what to do.” Instructed Jeonghan.

 

“Got it. Do we go to Jun’s place after?” Seungkwan wondered after knowing that it wasn’t his intention of going out.

 

“Yes.  Certainly. I need to ask him to do a show in our ship. That’s my King’s order.”

 

“I don’t know if that’s for the cookie o-“

 

“That’s for both.”

 

“You know hyung, you are so naughty. I don’t know if I would just kill myself right now or wait for a gun pointing on my head because of you. Boss with get mad if he knew about this.”

 

“He will turn berserk but he’s cute when he does that.”

 

Seungkwan sighed hopelessly while Jeonghan laugh.