SUIT & TIE: The Red Moon

SUIT & TIE

 

 

Wonwoo was assigned to Jeonghan by his request. “Sorry, Wonwoo, this is all I can do for now. I can’t reach him.”

 

Wonwoo smiled. “You are very cunning. I owe you my life.”

 

“Don’t waste it for me, Wonwoo.”

 

“I will if I have to.” assured the other. “He’s closer getting me, Jeonghan. I cannot keep long. I suppose something has happened to the Soldier.”

 

“You think so? He’s been out of reach. Seungcheol couldn’t even talk to him for days.”

 

“Let’s expect the worst thing, Jeonghan. This game is in a faster pace now.”

 

Jeonghan agreed. “Wonwoo… I can feel that I have no time left here. That’s why, I need you to stay alive. If they find me out, they would definitely claim me in any way possible. If that time comes a bit sooner, I can save you.”

 

“No. You cannot be with your biological family right now Jeonghan. They will become more invincible.” warned Wonwoo knowing who Jeonghan really was after they talked when the time he took Jeonghan away.

 

“I think this might work.”

 

“This is way dangerous.”

 

“I know. I will try my best. That’s why you have to remain alive. I need you when I return to my family.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

Wonwoo understood. “I will try my best. By the way… before Jun had gone missing, he left me a warning.” recalling the papers Soon Young delivered. “He presented me irregularities within your family too, Jeonghan.”

 

“Choi?” Jeonghan became surprised.

 

“Seungcheol might get caught. You need to be discreet. There’s someone close to you who is after you. He might appear very loyal and trustworthy. Might be inside your family or outside. The one whom you entrust even your personal issues. Keep watching. I will keep you updated. Be careful.”

 

“I hope Jun is still alive.” Jeonghan murmured.

 

“You can’t trust him if he returns Jeonghan… If he’s alive, you should doubt his intentions.” warned Wonwoo. “Nobody has ever returned back from the dead with Russians. They will make you do things even if its against your will.”

 

Jeonghan was astonished. He frowned not wanting to believe what Wonwoo had just advised.

 

“Listen to me Jeonghan… he’s working with the Russians. Lancelot, his father, was one of them.” he looked into Jeonghan’s eyes sincerely. “I shouldn’t say this but… somehow, I… I doubt Jun after I gave him the information I had in hand. He sure helps us but I guess he had different goals. Just in case I misunderstood, keep vigilant.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I revealed who the traitor was in their side but Lancelot still took charge of everything. I guess, Jun was the one who might tipped me out for some reasons. He is the only one who knew me.”

 

Jeonghan was in complete shock when he learned this. He couldn’t utter more words.

.

.

.

Jacob had just recently learned that his wife had died not too long before he left. He mourned on her graveyard that night after he’s done visiting his loved ones in silence, not to cause trouble to them. He might have a hunch that the situation was not good. When he’s about to go find Valentin Paget as he was headed to the airport believing Lancelot’s words since he had no lead at all, guess he’d take one step at a time in rush, two people had stopped him from his flight going to London.

 

“Agent Holmes, we can take care of Lancelot.” A man stated who seemed very familiar to Jacob.

 

“You should leave for Russia.” added the woman giving him a location of where Jun might be. “That will lead you to Valentin Paget.”

 

Jacob Holmes rushed to his mission without telling anybody about it. Not even the CIA since Lancelot couldn’t be trusted. He must do it on his own.

.

.

.

RUSSIA_

 

Jun, who was now, in Russian territory was transferred from the boat to another venue. He was put inside a cargo box, still covered in darkness until they reached the land. Jun wondered why they kept him alive until they reached Russia, as he guessed based on the language he’s hearing outside. He assumed that there was still something they needed him to do.

 

One old man came to visit him with guards on both his sides. He was unexpectedly weak carrying food with him. “You should eat, sir.” uttered the old man.

 

Jun refused.

 

“I will leave it here if you need it.” the man obviously scared with the goons beside him.

 

Jun assumed that he was just an ordinary man whom they picked for some reasons to serve them. He took the chance and said “I can’t eat with my hands tied.”

 

“Eat with your mouth then.” suggested the guard arrogantly.

 

Jun was refusing food since they had took off Korea. He hasn’t eaten anything and he looked weak.

 

“Someone’s going to see you first before you say your goodbye.” said the other guard. “At least boss could still use you before your last breathe. You are lucky they called before we slaughtered you… Make sure you enjoy your last meal.”

 

“Feed him!” insisted the other guard to the old man as they went back to their posts while waiting for the old man until he finish feeding Jun. They were confident that Jun couldn’t escape since the old man had nothing besides spoon. With his old age, he couldn’t keep up with four guards around the corner in case he did something wrong.

 

“Here. You should eat.” as the man volunteered to give Jun the food.

 

Jun kept refusing.

 

The old man looked at him. “You should eat, son. We don’t know what fate brings us, so eat and be strong as long as you can.”

 

“Did they threatened you?”

 

The old man nodded.

 

“Is there any way we could escape?” asked Jun desperately.

 

The old man didn’t know any.

 

“What did you do to make them have their eyes on you?”

 

“I am a miner in Ivanonv’s mine. I owed him a small amount of money and swore that I paid it back with interest. But then, they keep demanding me more.” The old man became sadden.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll get out of here.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Why?”

 

“They will find me and my family.”

 

Jun took empathy to the man and promised, “I will take you and your family out of here. I know a person who can.”

 

“I’m terrified. They have a lot of money to find us.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll let go of you. Would you mind helping me?”

 

“I cannot fight son.” said the old man in tremble.

 

“You don’t have to.” said Jun while receiving the food at last. He’s seen hope in the situation already. Now, he’s got to move fast.

 

“Then, how can I help?” said the old man gaining his spirit again. “It’s either I die now or slowly in their hands anyway.”

 

Jun smiled. “Tell me how many guards are there outside.”

 

“Around 5 aside from the 4 who are just around the corners of this box.” Confirmed the old man. “But son, they are armed.”

 

“I am an agent.” Jun winked charismatically. “I know how to handle this kind of situation. All you have to do is to knock when there’s nobody outside.”

 

“And then?”

 

Suddenly a man slammed the door and shouted. “Enough talk!”

 

The old man became scared.

 

“You! Get out now!” said the guard.

 

The old man stood up and said “I will knock to get the plate back.” leaving a small hint.

 

Jun got the signal as he watched that man go.

 

“Just get me a hand free so I can finish my food.” Jun shouted.

 

“I see you are hungry now.”

 

“Starving.” Stated Jun.

 

“There’s a phone call for you a while ago-“ the other did not even finish his word when Jun interrupted.

 

“I will answer after I eat.”

 

“Very well because the boss is not liking it.” Hinted the other.

 

PHONE CALL_

 

“Jun you better do your job right this time. I am warning you!” Lancelot shouted over the other line. He was angry when the Ivanovs threatened him after finding out that the young Cha wasn’t the right person.

 

Jun smiled. Guess he had still his trump card. “Not my fault they strayed on the wrong person. He’s still a mystery, is it? Let’s see who gets who.” challenged Jun in anger.

 

“You son of a !”

 

Jun had a wide grin on his face.  “You raised me to be like this. It was somehow your fault. You should take responsibility.” Teased Jun making the other crunch in insult.

 

“You will pay for this.” Said Lancelot.

 

But the young man replied. “No. You! Will pay for this.” With crisp on his tone. That was the time they had to cut their conversation as the guard pulled the phone off Jun’s ear.

 

“Boss.” Called the man open for command.

 

“Make sure he suffer.” Told Lancelot.

.

.

.

CHOI SHIPPINE PORT_ NIGHT

 

“Thank you for coming in short notice.” stated Jeonghan who was meeting someone inside their ship for a private conversation.

 

“I’m not busy at all, darling. It’s good to see you again, my very beautiful and smart son-in-law. Thank goodness Seungcheol chose you over EunWoo.” smiled Julia Kaverin, Seungcheol’s biological mother. “What can I do for you?”

 

Both had their seats while being served with dinner “I would like to ask for assistance, mom.” said Jeonghan a little doubtful of how Julia would react.

 

“Tell me.” replied the older smoothly.

 

“I- I am leaving soon and…” Jeonghan was having a hard time thinking of how he’d say this complicated matter to his husband’s mother.

 

“You seemed nervous, my dear. Has something happened?”

 

“Mother, I know this is sudden but- I am leaving Seungcheol.”

 

Julia was surprised. “May I know the reason why?”

 

“I have a very dark secret coming after me and it may endanger Seungcheol’s life.”

 

Julia smirked as he got her wine to drink “So it’s true…” leaving Jeonghan in surprise instead.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I have the littlest hint that you are the young Ivanov Gavril has been looking for so long.”

 

“How did you-“ with shock all over his face.

 

“As you know the Ivanovs and Kaverins have not much of good relations. Although I don’t have personal grudge on them, it’s pure business. I had connections with an Agent before. He’s been a good friend since then. We do things for friendship, you know.”

 

Jeonghan was a bit surprised and confused by that sentence. It made him frown as he had no idea what Julia wanted to point out so Julia had to continue explaining.

 

“His name is Jacob Holmes. He goes by Yoon JaeWon in this country, you know. We teamed up accidentally but we became friends eventually. I saw his son. His first born. He did not look like you. I knew him while he is undercover. I covered his tracks in exchange of the information regarding the Ivanov’s business. Since then, we’ve been working together until their final mission failed. I never see him again. After that incident, I tried to look for him. Also to make sure I was updated in every business around me. It was just later when I found out that your father is called Yoon JaeWon. I don’t know if it was a coincidence or he did that for a reason.” Still wondering about JaeWon’s intention. “I believe you and Seungcheol started as friends in this marriage, is it not?”

 

Jeonghan nodded in silence.

 

“SeungWon told me recently. That’s when my story got all connected.” Julia smiled confidently. “Don’t leave Seungcheol just because you don’t want him to be put in danger. I believe he was well informed what your marriage was about.”

 

“He did not know everything about me when we got married. The only thing he knew was he would protect me in exchange with freedom from the biggest cartels. SeungWon and dad had a deal to take down the Ivanov and the Xu.”

 

“You think it is impossible now?”

 

“It’s still possible with me inside their vicinity. I shouldn’t have told you about this but I know you can help me.”

 

“Do you plan to take them down too?”

 

Jeonghan nodded. “It was personal for me.” stated Jeonghan.

 

“Of course. Then… let me help. For you and for my son. They took the life of Minhyuk and I cannot forgive them for that. He’s an innocent man. It wasn’t fair.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised on how Julia stated his concern for Minhyuk as if he’s his own mother. “You knew Minhyuk?”

 

“I considered him as my eldest just like Se Jong considered Seungcheol her youngest. Although I am not a good mother as Se Jong... You know, as I am a bit… carefree.” Julia admitted with a little naughtiness on her face. “You wouldn’t believe me if I say I love them both equally. They are my sunshine.”

 

“Mi-Minhyuk is not innocent, mom.” Jeonghan admitted as he was aware that they couldn’t do more to Minhyuk since he’s out of the picture already.

 

Julia was speechless.

 

“He… he was the one who’s been spilling things to the authority and I am his messenger. I was involved from the very beginning and it was his idea to marry me to your son. I am sorry it had to be like this.”

 

Julia, as a mother, was enraged not with Jeonghan but to the people who did this unjust killing when they were the ones who was wrong. “I am not a perfect person but I will avenge Minhyuk no matter what Jeonghan. The Chois owe them nothing more. The debts are paid. I cannot blame him if he did that for his family.”

 

“Mom, sorry but… Seungcheol- he… he is doing the same thing.”

 

Julia smiled. “Like I said, I would do the same. Let me take care of things, Jeonghan. You can count on me.”

 

“I’m sorry for the trouble.”

 

“No honey, you came to the right person. I prefer do the dirty things than of my son. I’ll keep in touch. For now, stay low. It would be hard if they caught you both. They’ve got enough already. Those jerks don’t play fair, darling.”

 

“I don’t know why I told this to you but I can feel we are safe with you.”

 

Julia smiled “Thank you for trusting me, Jeonghan. I appreciate it. Don’t worry now.”

 

“I might not be able to stay longer. I’m sorry. I need to leave.”

 

“Oh honey… I will do what I can. Tell me your plan.”

 

Jeonghan and Julia talked their plans but Julia was worried on how reckless Jeonghan planned to act.

.

.

.

PORT: RUSSIA_ MIDNIGHT

 

It has been the third day since the knocking became a habit of the cook assigned to deliver food to the man. Also, it has been the third day the old man tried to untie the other’s hands without the men noticing.

 

It was always a nerve wracking situation for the old man but he kept his trust to the younger man. “You sure you can do this alone, son?”

 

Jun smiled despite the terrible injuries he acquired from the haze. With blood covering the other half of his face. “Sure. As long as I have consciousness. Thank you for the help. Now, I need you to prepare a ride. Be sure that you can ride at the back. I will drive, so they won’t see you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“I know someone who could protect your family. Once I called, don’t do anything for delay, understood?”

 

The old man nodded. The men entered the room as they saw the old man leaving with an empty plate.

 

“Your guest had arrived.” said the guard while the old man went out.

 

Jun was expecting one of the Ivanovs but instead of seeing either Gavril or Kai, he saw their right hand man instead. “Sorry to disappoint.” said the man. “They couldn’t come. They have more important things to attend to. So… I guess you and I need to talk.”

 

“I will talk if you give me Gavril or Kai.”

 

“I was sent here with the same role, Jun. Speak.” said the right hand man of the Ivanovs strictly.

 

“I believe I was clear about what I want.” negotiated Jun.

 

“But I am sure it was not for you to decide. You are almost dead anyway. Choose peace.” advised the other while picking up his cigarette out of his pocket.

 

Jun, was holding his hands at the back, now free from chains waiting for a safe time to move. “Can I have one of those.” asked Jun with the cigarette.

 

The other didn’t mind. He gave the one that he lit for a single smoke “Feeling good?” looking at the younger man lingering in the fantasy of narcotics caressing his mind and body.

 

The man laughed ecstatically. “You’ve missed it, don’t you?” teasing the prisoner.

 

“I sure did.” Slowly opening his eyes after the sensation of being recharged. “Thanks.” Breaking the leg of the other. Getting the gun with the silencer from the other man’s pocket. With heavy punch he knocked the goons without hesitation but of brute force reciting the payment that he should collect. “That one is for my bruises.” Then later on, another punch was inflicted to the other one. “That one is from a broken rib.” Finally pointing a gun to the two unconscious guards after arranging the silencer. “That one is for my sister.” Shot in their heads to easily knock their life off. “You lucky bastards!” Murmured Jun looking at the two dead bodies soaked in their own blood. “Thank the heavens for I am in a hurry. I should’ve tortured you much more for what you did.” Said him cold bloodedly. The last person he killed inside that room was the right man hand of the Ivanovs. “You should’ve chosen to be loyal to the right people. I’ve seen you work. What a waste.”

 

The next thing he hurried was to kill the others outside. Fast and precise in movements. A clean mission as expected. No one survived but him and as promised, the old man. Checking the old man who was already signaling using the car’s light saying that he’s ready. He was walking towards the scenery when he found a good pack of cigarette in the pocket of the dead man beside him whom he previously shot from a distance. An expensive brand he shouldn’t miss.

 

Such a waste if it couldn’t be of good use. Jun took it with a cold action. He stood confidently as he light once cigar, just to recharge again, since the coast was cleared. That time, Moon Jun rather Valentin Paget, wore a vision of red moon in the eyes. He was dazed at the night sky gathering strength.