SUIT & TIE: The Person Who Can Paint the Moon Red

SUIT & TIE

Chapter: The Person Who Can Paint the Moon Red

 

Seungcheol took EunWoo home. Meeting Mingyu all drunk that night, his jealousy over the two couldn’t be concealed anymore. “Look. Let me be clear.” Drowning in the fantasy of alcohol, he threatened “I did you a favor. Now do me a favor.”

 

Seungcheol wasn’t scared. He was just staring boldly at him and receive the threat. “Keep distance from someone’s wife.” Mingyu ended.

 

EunWoo felt embarrassed and rescued Seungcheol from his husband. “Mingyu! That’s enough. You’re drunk.” Keeping Mingyu’s distance from Seungcheol. “Cheol, please go now. I’m sorry about this.”

 

Seungcheol smirked as if it was something to laugh at. “Very well. Do your wife a favor, Mingyu. Be someone who will stay beside him and be his man. Otherwise, he will always run to someone more dependable, you see.” Playing like a jerk.

 

“Son of a !” shouted Mingyu as he threw a punch on Seungcheol’s face. Nevertheless, Seungcheol didn’t bother. He stood up and leave never minding the pain that hit his jaw.

 

“Let’s go Vernon.”

 

“Roger, boss.” Responded his body guard.

 

INSIDE THE CAR_

 

“You were hit so hard. Are you okay?”

 

“This face is invincible.” Exercising his jaw for checking.

 

Vernon smirked. “You like being the jerk.” He murmured.

.

.

.

That evening, Soon Young was visiting the Choi couple. He was wearing his uniform with a smile since he’s got some good job to boast to his brother. Thank goodness, Jeonghan decided to work at home since he’s getting sick again. Being a vice president wasn’t a dream job at all. Anyway, Jeonghan became surprised when he saw Soon Young paying him visit that night or rather “Is Cheolie Hyung there?” what an affectionate nickname Soon Young has given to his husband.

 

“And what about me? Are you not here for me?”

 

“I am too. That’s why I brought your favorite yogurt drink.”

 

“How did you know I am here?”

 

“I went to your office this afternoon to give food but you two are not there. Your secretary said you are  home, so I paid a visit.” Smiling brightly. “Any food?” inviting himself inside.

 

“Ya. You are not here because of me?”

 

“I am.”

 

“What do you want from Seungcheol?”

 

“I want to ask him something.”

 

“Soon Young.” Called Jeonghan coldly. “If you are going to ask my husband with something, I am warning you not to.”

 

“Why?” he pouted.

 

“Because you cannot.”

 

Jeonghan served his little brother some food as he heard Soon Young boasting himself “You know hyung. I busted many druglords just this morning. It’s like an action movie you know.”

 

“There’s a shootout?” as Jeonghan freaked out.

 

“Yeah. A little.” With an awkward laughter because he knew he slipped too much.

 

“You be careful there, young man.”

 

“I know. By the way, hyung. I just learned that you got Attorney Lee as our father’s lawyer. You didn’t consult me first.” He got a little insulted by it.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just that, he’s the perfect man for that.”

 

“But he’s our family’s enemy!”

 

“That’s why we need him. They can keep dad safe as long as they are seen one of the possible threats.”

 

“But you should have at least consulted me.”

 

Jeonghan knew that the Lees had many debt in their family, but still he needed to think in order to work things out. He even cancelled how Soon Young would feel believing that it would be the best. “Oh, dear Soon Young. If only I have the power to get rid of our enemies and to save mom and dad, I will. Please bear with me.”

 

Fortunately, it wasn’t a long wait when Seungcheol came, coincidentally with Seungkwan from the office.

 

Soon Young became delighted after seeing his favorite hyung now because Jeonghan has been bullying him lately. Jeonghan expressed the jealousy over those excited looks his brother was giving to the cold hearted Seungcheol.

 

“Hey, favorite cop. I heard you busted a big cartel.” He smiled.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“I’m so proud of you.” Seungcheol smiled. On the other hand, Jeonghan was feeling that he’s losing Soon Young on his side.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“What brought you here, my dear little brother?” asked Seungcheol charmingly.

 

“I wanted to ask you something.”

 

Seungcheol smiled. “A reward?”

 

“Maybe.” Soon Young chuckled.

 

“Very well. What is it?”

 

“Soon Young. I told you not t-“ Jeonghan tried to prevent but, Soon young let it out nevertheless.

 

“I want a gun.”

 

Jeonghan was terribly shocked with what Soon Young asked. Now, he knew why he dared to ask Seungcheol and not him. On the other hand, Seungcheol smiled. “Alright. What type do you want?”

 

“An Assault rifle, hyung! I want the new ones with the new technology.”

 

“What’s happening here?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“My favorite cop wants something from me. How can I not give him what he wants?” Said Seungcheol coolly which pissed Jeonghan off.

 

“A gun? A rifle, Seungcheol? Are you insane?”

 

“He’s a cop, Jeonghan. Besides, we can go hunting with it.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“You hunt now, huh?”

 

“Boss is good at it.” Interrupted Vernon. “I learned from him.” he smiled proudly but that smile faded away when he saw his favorite boss furious. “I’m sorry.”

 

On the other hand, Soon Young embraced and whispered “Kindly include silencer, please.” He asked cutely as if he’s wishing for a sweet treat.

 

Seungcheol smiled and embraced him “Sure. You’ll get what you need. Good job, Officer Yoon.”

 

“Seungcheol!”

 

All were surprised with that call.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seungcheol sensing a period is coming. It was such an inconvenience. He’s actually scared about Jeonghan’s temper when that time comes.

 

“You cannot give him that!”

 

“I made a promise with Soon Young, my dear. It’s just a small gift.”

 

“That’s a weapon.” Scolded Jeonghan.

 

“And he’s a cop. What the problem with that? He can handle things like that, Jeonghan. Calm down.” Explained Seungcheol carefully.

 

“You don’t trust me and I hate you for that.” Soon Young got into a foul mood.

 

“No. It’s just that-“ Jeonghan giving up seeing Soon Young’s insulted face. “I’m so sorry, brother. I just want you safe.”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “Will send it to you as soon as I get the order.” As he lighten up the mood.

 

An immediate smile was seen in the younger’s face with a “Yeah! Thank you much, hyung.” And wink. “One more. Mom is inviting you to her birthday. It’s just a small gathering. Mom’s cooking is way better than hyung so you must attend.” Looking at the two secretaries, he added. “You too.”

 

“My pleasure.” Said Vernon.

 

.

.

.

<<

 

LANCELOT_

 

Lancelot meeting Kaverin the other day after the Ivanovs came. As usual, her appearance was as ever exotic and extravagant. Greeting the old Moon with her plunging neckline until waist exposing most of her skin on her upper body with matching fitting trousers and a red, crimson, lips.

 

“Hello, my dear Lancelot!” she stated. “Where is my favorite designer, Olivia?”

 

“She’d be here in a while. She’s being fetched by her brother.”

 

“Alright.” As she sat beside the old man with a rumor. “You know, Lance, I have a good information for you.”

 

Lancelot looked at her as he was ready to listen.

 

“Are you looking for Ivanov’s male bride child?” asked Julia.

 

In surprise, he stated “Where did you get that information?”

 

“We’ll I’ve got a little nosy, you know. Besides, even if our family is Ivanov’s mortal enemy. We do business with people close to them too. It’s pure professional. Minghao was the one who spouted it out.” she laughed. “How’s the search?”

 

“Nothing clear yet, but we are almost there. What do you want from the boy?”

 

“Oh, nothing much. I am interested with the things the boy owned rather than the person. I heard it’s quite a treasure. I just want to concentrate on my son. Did you know, Minghao told me that my son’s wife is very hot? ” She sighed with a smile. “Imagine, that brat is telling me on my face that my son is a lucky bastard and the male bride doesn’t deserve my son but him.” composing herself again in her seat.

 

“What is it for me? What’s the purpose of your visit, really?” Lancelot went straight to the point.

 

“I will offer you business more than what Ivanovs can offer you. You know, I don’t care if you are friends with Gavril. I understand that its business. Just think of my offer too, huh, Lance?”

 

Lancelot was confused, he listened and gave the woman the thing she wanted to deserve. Luckily his two children came and ended their conversation.

 

“Dad.” Jun called while peaking at the client they might have.

 

Feeling relieved because he was done talking with a seemingly drunk woman. Just an assumption. She was always like that since she was a little younger. Eccentric and unpredictable.

 

“Oh! Is that your Little Moon? Goodness! He’s so gorgeous!” she stood up, got near to the man and embraced him with a kiss. “You are looking so good.” And he giggled.

 

Jun was surprised with the sudden action. It was new to him and it shocked him as if a gun shot him. Good thing Olivia has strong instinct. “Hi, Julia! You are looking gorgeous as always!”

 

“Hello sweetheart! Have you thought of marrying with my son? Not Cheolie, the one in Russia”

 

“Julia. I am married and I have children. Have you forgotten? Besides, he’s way too young.”

 

“Oh dear! That’s not a problem. I can wait.” She joked and winked. “And look at your baby bother. He’s quite princely.”

 

“He is.”

 

“Is he single?”

 

“Umm, afraid so.” Olivia giggled.

 

“If I am a little bit younger, I will have push myself to you.” She joked which was making Jun in terrible situation because his ears couldn’t handle this kind of teasing. Jeonghan was a surprise to him already, what more when someone gets wild.

 

“He’s a shy guy, Julia. He implements superiority from the way he looks, but the truth is he’s really a cute person.” Olivia giggled. “Now, your order is here, but just need you to fit, so I can adjust it right away.”

 

“Sure, darling.”

 

“What’s the occasion?”

 

“Will meet my son and his wife. I’m so excited!”

 

“You ordered two sets, Julia.”

 

“Yup. I will meet my lover first before I meet my beloved son. You know, he’s a married man now.” she giggled. “Make me gorgeous.”

 

“I see.”

 

While the two were busy on their conversation, Lancelot was talking to the Little Moon about the plan and the things that disturbed him with Julia’s curiosity. Jun was alerted. That means, there’d be someone to watch out for.

 

“Have you identified Jacob Holmes?”

 

“Need to confirm it first. I say closer than finding Nikita.”

 

“Good. I need him fast.”

 

“What do you want me to do with him?”

 

“Bring him to me once you got him. Alive.”

 

“Understood.” While thinking of the paper the Tinker had brought him.

 

_End of Flashback>>>

 

.

.

.

Jeonghan called SeokMin, he wanted to ask two things. One, he wanted to have an update regarding his father’s case. Two, he wanted to invite him to their house for his mother’s celebration.

 

Asking about updates, SeokMin replied “My dear, we need time. Your father has revealed things to me but I think, he’s hiding something. We couldn’t find the pieces. Your mother might help. Will that be okay to ask her?”

 

“Will ask her about that. I’m sure she wants to help.”

 

“Can we meet personally instead of talking over the phone?”

 

“Sure. Do you want to meet here at our house instead? Got no driver and I am not allowed to drive as of the moment.” thinking of his offense with Seungcheol and of course because he’s feeling a little sick.

 

“Not a problem.” Answered SeokMin with a giggle.

 

“I’m sorry for this trouble.”

 

“Don’t be. I’ll bring my new assistant, will that be okay?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“By the way, if you have time, my mom will spend her birthday soon. Come if you are free. You can bring your assistant as well. My mom’s cooking is great! You’ll love it.”

 

“Oh! My pleasure. Thank you.”

 

YOUNG CHOI RESIDENCES_

 

“Good afternoon Jeonghan!” greeted the jolly and mysterious attorney. Meanwhile his assistant, Joshua bowed to greet.

 

“Good afternoon!”

 

“Have a seat. Let me get you something.” said Jeonghan. Meanwhile, SeokMin went straight to the point.

 

“So, regarding with your father’s case, we have summed up the probability of his history down to his target as an agent. You know it’s not that simple. He’s a notorious man for people underground. Good thing his face wasn’t publicized the moment he’s arrested.

 

“What does it say?” as if he’s not surprised at all.

 

SeokMin found himself dumbfounded. “Are you not surprised or even frightened of who might be following your father? They may have plots to threaten his life, Jeonghan.” With eyes wide open.

 

“No. I think I am out of surprises now, DK. My mom was a police officer before she became a lawyer. My dad, I know that he’s an agent. He’s secretive but I can see the struggles.” Looking hopeless he sighed heavily.

 

“Oh. Th-that explains things, huh? Since it wasn’t too shocking yet, let me proceed.”

 

SeokMin was arranging his map of events and theories, Joshua was helping him do so.

 

“So, the main three here is the first case your dad ever had.” Telling Jeonghan to brace himself with the information “He’s an English man with Korean ancestry. His true name is Jacob Holmes. He’s particularly assigned in Korea because he can easily blend in. He’s a member of the CIA and the first case that was assigned to him internationally was the Ivanov Cartel.”

 

“Alright.” Jeonghan was ever ready hearing those extremes with unfazed reaction as if he knew what’s coming.

 

“His first team consist of 3 person. One for the mastermind, one for an undercover and another for back-up. Agent Yoon said he served as the back-up. The other two he named Lancelot Moon and Marco Paget.”

 

“Moon Lancelot? Sounds familiar.”

 

“He owns a clothing store, darling. With my favorite tailor.” DK smiled.

 

That surprised Jeonghan. “You mean Mr. Lancelot? The father of Jun?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Have you talked to him yet?”

 

“Not yet. Might have to talk to Little Moon to have access, and that’s if he will allow it.” Explained the lawyer.

 

“And how about the Marco Paget?”

 

“Mr. Yoon said he’s been assassinated by the Russian gang together with his family.”

 

Jeonghan frowned and began feeling anxious. “And?”

 

“Meaning to say darling, that he’s a wanted man within the Ivanovs from Russia and Xu from China. Actually, there were a few more but his main enemies are bracketed only into two families.”

 

“That’d be dangerous if they will know where he is.”

 

“That’s why, I need to know things before they discover him first. His face is unknown beside Lancelot, Mr. Yoon cleared that to me.”

 

“I see. But we need time to hide him. Is there a possibility that we can bail him or free him?”

 

“We can free him if I can have the other more pieces he hasn’t told me yet.” Said SeokMin.

 

Jeonghan sighed heavily, carefully thinking of the things he should do.

 

“There’s more, Jeonghan.” Added SeokMin. “He tried to infiltrate the Xu family since he was the only person who was unknown among the three. He failed after a critical try. And you might have an idea that some gangs were involved on this. He was cornered. Actually, he’s saying that he had called the CIA for another mission just before he lost his son.”

 

“Another mission?”

 

“He cannot stay firm Jeonghan. He cannot hide. He wanted the traitor in the operation from the ship between the engagement of the young Xu Minghao and Nikita Ivanov.”

 

A pause had gotten into their small space. Jeonghan was left at daze as the other continue. “Jeonghan, do you still remember having one more brother?”

 

“O-of course. I have my older brother.” Jeonghan sighed. He was so hesitant mentioning the name of his brother because he knew it was critical since he belong to the Lee family. So, he asked “Did he say something about it?”

 

“About his lost son? The only thing he said was the boy was abducted.” Looking at Jeonghan as he asked “Have you found him?”

 

“To be honest. I am close, but something happened.”

 

SeokMin frowned. “May I know?”

 

“I- work for the information. I mean it’s- ummm. Attorney? Can I trust you with this issue?”

 

“Of course. It’s my job to protect you, Jeonghan. I cannot just spill anything because it’s what I pledged for.” Looking at the secretary, he said “You may go outside for a while.”

 

Jeonghan talked to SeokMin while Hong Joshua was left outside the house. He was at the garden with his cup of tea. While waiting, he’s trying to write a note no one knows what’s inside.

 

Meanwhile, SeokMin and Jeonghan were discussing a few private things.

 

“We never found him, Attorney. My dad and mom were blaming themselves up until now.” Jeonghan felt sorry for them. “And as you know, I’ve worked at Choi shipping when I was younger.”

 

“Speaking of the Choi Shipping, you know, I am a friend of Minhyuk. He might have talked about you several times, I thought he’d marry you, to be honest. Even if I don’t know you personally that time, I know he’s really into you.”

 

“Well…can we skip about that?” again, hesitant to cover that topic and proceed to the next. SeokMin respected that. As for Jeonghan, he told SeokMin the whole story behind his relationship with Minhyuk.

 

“And?”

 

“DK, did you perhaps know about this? About Minhyuk and his activities?”

 

“Some. All I can tell him is to stop but he never did.”

 

“You guys are friends?”

 

“He might never told you about me, but yeah. His brother, I never met him until we met at EunWoo’s wedding. Minhyuk and I became friends in highschool. He was taking care of my bullies.” Smiled SeokMin.

 

Fascinated, Jeonghan was amazed on how of all the time he and Minhyuk know each other, there were still many things to uncover “I see… He’s kind of like that. He also helped me trace my lost brother.”

 

“And then, did you recover names bearing your brother’s somehow?”

 

“None. No trace. Poor hyung. They even told us that they sell children. From there we lose track of it.”

 

DK sighed. “Aigoo, Jeonghan. There’s a lot of things to work on this. You are greatly involved do you know that? You might have nudged very evil people.”

 

“I know.” With a quite sad expression but never regretted it. “Minhyuk and I knew a person from CIA but I never meet him. We just exchange letters and he’s doing what he could to give us directions and information. Minhyuk had the most talking with him.” he explained, thought it would help.

 

“Are you still connected?”

 

“Well, I just recently contacted him again because I need him.”

 

“Did he reply?”

 

“Not yet. Still waiting.”

 

“What do you need from him this time?”

 

“I want to find who and why Minhyuk went missing. I don’t know if he’s alive or dead. I need to find him at all cost.”

 

“I see.” SeokMin managed to put out the tension off his body. “And your mother, he’s after Governor Lee right now after his father was assassinated.”

 

“I know about that.”

 

“Why aren’t you handling your cousins case, DK. May I know?”

 

“I cannot. I am not allowed because I am close to him. So, maybe a non-relative one would be nice.”

 

“Right. Let’s coordinate well, DK. I need some news, please. Also, I might visit my father soon.”

 

“I will plan it. Just tell me.” Encouraged SeokMIn.

 

“Thank you so much DK. I know this is putting you to a lot pressure.”

 

“That’s nothing. My dream is to be hero since I was little because I am too weak back then.” DK smiled. “Please contact me as soon as you’ve got new information. And Jeonghan, your cute little brother, can you check on him?”

 

“Why so?”

 

“He’s, I think, on the loose.” SeokMin adviced.

 

Jeonghan suspecting a secret between his husband and little brother, he said “Thank you for the heads up. I will talk to him.”

 

“That’s it for today. I have to go now.”

 

“Then, see you on my mothers’ party. I am sure she’d be happy to have you, Attorney.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

“See you then.”

 

INSIDE ATTY. SEOKMIN’S CAR_

 

“You’ve got a huge case to handle, boss.” Smirked Joshua towards his serious looking boss.

 

“It’s good to play in a good game.” DK smirked.

 

Looking from his rear mirror, Joshua stated. “You sure is a little odd, Attorney Lee.”

 

“I always take a pride on that, Josh.”

 

“Are we going home?”

 

“Not yet. To Seungcheol’s office.”

 

“Roger that.”