SUIT & TIE: Exactly Three in the Afternoon

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: Exactly Three in the Afternoon

 

A breaking news came out that very morning. A big expose’ leading to some politicians as suspects spread so fast in the whole nation. In addition, the murder of their two notable politicians were a shock. Evidences sprouted from places to another. Now, the government was trying so hard to put out the fire amongst their citizens. People were angry.

 

Through the incident, cartel groups had left with no choice. The wild fire should stop. “Hey, Ma’ boy, time to warm up.” Ordered Minghao to Wonwoo, who was currently in Korea as of the moment. “You know who your target is going to be.”

 

Wonwoo packed immediately and strategically entered in a very private and highly guarded vicinity- to the house of Korea’s Chief Justice. “You need to come with me… peacefully.” He whispered.

 

The high ranking judge was brought to the port with blindfold until he was taken inside a small marine vessel. Everyone was gathered there for the show Minghao had to pull off.

 

First off, before Minghao began “I would like to apologize to my beloved friends the last time I pointed out a finger on you. I was mad that time, I hope you forgive me.” Telling his speech like a psycho as he acted the head of the committee.

 

“Wonwoo.” Minghao called. Wonwoo brought the poor man on the table ready to be feasted in. Minghao removed the blind fold harshly with a smirk on his face. Seungcheol and Vernon were present.

 

“Any last words?” asked Minghao to the judge.

 

“It isn’t me. This is a set up!” He defended himself.

 

“Do you have any leads for your plea?” preparing the gun on his hand.

 

“I-I don’t know. I’m just doing my job and nothing more.” The Judge pleaded. He served as their cleaner in all the cases that’s trapped in the customs. He was the one responsible for safe approval of the shipment and he was paid handsomely for that.

 

“Really? Because the evidence on the investigations are pointing so accurately to you.” Pointing a gun on the old man’s head. “Tell me something interesting and I may let this pass.”

 

“Please. Give me time. I will find the person who did this.”

 

Minghao titled his head and tutted, “Not interesting at all.” clicked the trigger leaving a hole into the man’s forehead leaving his eyes open showing fear. “Disgusting. Get him out of my sight.” Said sassily.

 

Meanwhile, although terrified of what he had witness, Seungcheol taught himself to stay calm and composed despite the crime scene. He wasn’t expecting it at all. Now that taught him what he was truly dealing with. Of course, his shouldn’t be obvious, so he shifted his emotions into an irritated one. “You!”  wiping his face full of blood. As well as, the annoyed men inside the room, including Lee Jihoon who was pissed as hell as Kai beside him. Wanting to punch Minghao for being such a demon, splashing blood all over the place carelessly and on their expensive skin.

 

“!” exclaimed Kai and Jihoon with annoyance. Others thought they were in trouble.

 

“Scared?” teased Minghao.

 

“You messed up with my suit!” Seungcheol grunted.

 

“Oops. It’s not like you can’t get another exquisite design, Cheol.”

 

“Did you know from which collection this came from?”

 

Examining the suit, Minghao recognized. “Geez, my bad. Will ask Little Moon to duplicate that design for you.” Gulping like it was more important than the dead person bleeding his head out. “Oh, and your shoes. I have those. I mean not exactly but the line of that.” Looking with puppy eyes on the other’s sparking. “Don’t worry. Will do something about it. Do have another set with you. I think you need to take a bath.” Smiling awkwardly.

 

“You better change this with the same value, Minghao.” Cheol threatened.

 

“Wonwoo, please get the suit and have it cleaned. Do something about it. I fell in love in that set the first thing I saw it from the collection but he was too fast in buying it.”

 

Wonwoo sighed. “What about the body?”

 

“To where he’d find calmness. To the sea. Clean it first. Squeaky clean.” Wonwoo trying to pull the dead man with gloves. “Not you. let the others take care of that. Ask Seungcheol first so the blood won’t stain. Go. Go. Go.”

 

Wonwoo looked at him with hopeless expression and grunted “You are insane.” Mocking his boss in a low voice.

 

“Tsk! This man really isn’t scared of me.” Pouted his lips.

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was approaching Seungcheol. “Your clothes, I need it.” Said him emotionless.

 

“No need. This goes to the trash.” He frowned.

 

“Are you good?” asking about his situation. “I assume it is your first time seeing his madness.” Referring to Minghao.

 

“I was surprised. That was reckless!” said Seungcheol but Vernon was displaying a worried look towards his boss and had about the same question as Wonwoo.

 

“Brave boy, Cheol.” Jihoon teased seeing his friend with a little shock, so as he called it.

 

EunWoo arrived late. The only thing he saw was Seungcheol covered with blood. He became worried. “Cheol! What happened to you?” looking at the three of them with blood stains all over their body. “Are you okay?”

 

“That head shot a man in the head.” Seungcheol grunted.

 

“Are you hurt somewhere?”

 

“No. Don’t worry.” Stated Seungcheol.

 

It surprised EunWoo seeing a body being carried recklessly be few people. The doll like face displayed a frozen and frightened expression as he walked backwards. Seungcheol, on the other hand, sensed that he might have seen the body from the younger’s reaction. “Don’t look.” Said Seungcheol as he embraced the younger to cover his eyes from a terrible sight.

 

“What is that?” as EunWoo’s voice became unstable.

 

“Nothing. Go back to your cabin.” Showing a smile on his gentle face as he looked to the beautiful figure in front of him. Scared and unable to move. “Sorry I got your suit stained. Go ahead and take a bath. I will change too.” Since his gentle words weren’t of an effect, he took his hand and said “I’ll walk you to your cabin.”

 

As usual, Vernon were insulted with his boss’ action towards Eunwoo. Wonwoo, on the other hand who was walking along with them under Minghao’s order, moved his stares from Seungcheol to Eunwoo. For him, Cha Eunwoo was the most dangerous person since he hasn’t seen him angry. Not even annoyed. He was the flower of their treaty because of his role. His tactics were so great, especially in circulating the products. Minghao loved him as well, but no one beats Jeonghan for some reasons. Moreover, he’s the only one to control men in their league in the middle of chaos. He’s different.

 

“Will walk with you. I cannot go back unless I do something about your ing suit.” Interrupted Wonwoo

 

Seungcheol became irritated. He got no choice but to allow. Besides, since Wonwoo is already with him, he needed to talk without getting suspected. He doesn’t know anything about Wonwoo yet. He hasn’t asked his wife about it since he’s trying to concentrate on the things he’s expecting. All he needed to know from him right now was, could he be trusted?

 

Accompanying EunWoo back to his assigned cabin, Seungcheol wore a smile and said “Will fetch you later. Want to eat lunch with me?”

 

EunWoo nodded blankly.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

 

Going back to his own cabin, Seungcheol couldn’t help but to vomit. The tension crawled on his guts realizing how his plans could just end like the judge. In one shot, all was gone. No explanation, no nothing.

 

Wonwoo with them scoffed “You can’t take it, can you?” and smirked as he teased.

 

“Shut the up!” wiping while undressing his suit that’s been damaged.

 

“You seemed nice to the beautiful man right there.”

 

“None of your business.”

 

“And your wife?” asked the man with concern.

 

“Why is your voice still irritates me?” Seungcheol frowned.

 

“Because I am supposed to. Your suit. I need it. He’s a ing fashion freak. Let me do something.”

 

“No. I have something on it.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Hyung.” Vernon tried to stop him from spilling their secrets since everything hasn’t been revealed to him, especially the possible relationship between Wonwoo and Jeonghan. All he knew was there could be a connection Jeonghan wanted to keep for the meantime. Seungcheol halted him.

 

“Great body guard you have.” Smirked Wonwoo as annoying as he could be. Vernon was a bit annoyed too.

 

“How’s your wife? He must be really annoyed with you.” Assumed Wonwoo.

 

“He finds himself a winner all the time. Don’t worry about him.” Vernon approved.

 

“That’s good to hear. I know I would be meeting you here, so…” reaching something to them and whispered. “You probably want to tell Jeonghan to stay still.”

 

“I know but he’s not the person to listen.” Said Seungcheol. “I’ll find a way for you two to meet. You could probably talk him through.”

 

Meanwhile, Vernon interrupted. “You will be talking to me while my boss change. Let’s go outside. Tell your boss that that suit will have to be burned.”

 

“That’s much easier. But it will make his mood foul.”

 

Leaving Seungcheol alone in the room, he spoke through the mic on his lapel to contact Jun “I will burn it.”

 

“You should.” Answered Jun on the other secret line. “Burn everything including the shoes.”

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo relayed Seungcheol’s message to his boss. Minghao thought it was the best thing to do. He too would have to burn his items as well. Too bad but evidence is evidence.

 

EUNWOO’S CABIN_

 

EunWoo was seen staring blankly on the wall and that indicated that he wasn’t. Well, Seungcheol was gentle and kind enough to sat beside him. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

“I’m scared.” Said EunWoo in short breathes.

 

Cheol hushed. “Don’t worry, I will protect you.”

 

“I can’t do this anymore, Cheol.” He vented out with tears as his hands shivered. “Why do we have to suffer for this?”

 

“We just need to be patient until the contract is fine.”

 

“But I am worried. Our shipments are all busted lately. We have nothing right now, Cheol. Do you think they are behind the busts so we don’t escape their grasp?”

 

“I’m not sure, EunWoo.” As he held the other’s hand.

.

.

.

Meanwhile in the broiler, Wonwoo met Vernon again. As people observed, there’s electricity between their stares. They brought the clothing on the broiler and burn while the gadgets were meant to be thrown into the water so it won’t explode.

 

“Boss is giving you this.” Vernon handed a paper secretly. “He said get lost.” He said louder.

 

Wonwoo, on the other hand, smirked. “Then you’ll have to kill me.”

.

.

.

LANCELOT_KOREA_

2:55 in the afternoon.

 

Kai and his family head out immediately after the small party led by Minghao with the judge. Their purpose was to talk to the old Moon about an update regarding Nikita Ivanov, the family’s lost gem.

 

Since Jun has someone to meet at exactly 3:00 in the afternoon, he couldn’t be at ease as he continued to check on his watch from time to time.

 

It was a long five minutes to wait. Jun was getting anxious especially when the Ivanovs are inside their shop. Then, a man came at 2:59 in the afternoon. “Oh! What a great sight!” exclaimed Minghao. “We didn’t know you are going here too.”

 

“We are supposed to be early, if it’s not because of your stupid show.” answered Kai.

 

One minute of chatting, a man entered at exactly 3 in the afternoon as the hand of the clock pointed at 12 sharp.

 

Jun was surprised finding out who it was. It was the Chinese Mafia’s assistant, Jeon Wonwoo. He didn’t feel it at first because he felt the same way as Seungcheol with him. “He’s great.” Said Jun at the back of his mind “But if he is really one of us, he’s definitely in danger.”

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo caught Jun looking into his watch. And now, looking to his eyes. He assumed that he’s the man he’s looking for.

 

“Welcome.” Smiled Jun. “May I get you a drink? Tea or coffee?”

 

Since Minghao wanted to take revenge in those annoying mocks he was receiving with his assistant. He said “Hey, dear friend.” Looking at Wonwoo. “I know you are kind enough to help the handsome tailor for our small treats.” He chuckled knowing that he was successful on his revenge.

 

 “Little Moon, this man can help you. He’s volunteering himself.” Pointing at Wonwoo. “Do you have a little treat that goes with the tea, little Moon? I love those!” Minghao expressed his desire excitedly for  those treats.

 

“Sure.” Jun answered gently. “May I?” asked him to the serious bodyguard. What a great time Minghao gave to them both. They made their way without being obvious.

 

Inside the pantry. “It’s good seeing you.” Jun initiated as usual.

 

“I’ve been waiting for this. I cannot waste this time.” Wonwoo murmured carefully.

 

“I didn’t notice.”

 

“You know I’ll be dead once his interest goes with me.”

 

“I admire you.” Smirked the handsome tailor. “Sorry about the last time I treated you badly.”

 

“So it’s you. I didn’t notice at all.” Wonwoo smirked as well. “Let’s not make this long.” he passed two things to the tailor. One compressed papers and the other was a gadget. It all contained important documents and evidences. “Check these and be careful. You are in a lot more danger than I am. I already reached the agent in prison. That’ll help him.”

 

Jun also handed him a gadget. A way for them to connect. “I noticed that your cuffs seemed missing.” He said even though Wonwoo still had his cuffs on both sides. None of them were missing. He got new cuffs links, tear the previous one, and put a new pair on them.

 

“It’s better to have both change, since two different links would be awkward.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Moon.”

 

Serving the tea, Minghao never miss a small detail, especially on his precious assistant. “Are those new cufflinks, Wonwoo?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Where’d you get them? I don’t think you are good at picking those.”

 

Jun chuckled. “As expected to your keen eyes. They are my spare.” Jun answered instead of Wonwoo. “I noticed a pair missing. Can’t help but to do something about it.”

 

“They look so good.” Said Minghao.

 

“I can give you an exact pair.” Said Jun.

 

“Nope. I want much prettier than what you gave to Wonwoo.”

 

“Tsk.” Wonwoo scoffed in annoyance.

 

“And thank you for your kindness, little Moon.” Added Minghao.

.

.

.