SUIT & TIE: Russian Roulette

SUIT & TIE

 

PORT_ MV ELIZABETH

 

The show was about to happen in just a few more minutes. Everything was almost ready. Thanks to the help of the Choi couple. The Moons had not much to worry about but the models, suits and everything in the backstage. As for the outside, everything was serene. Guests were already on their sits waiting excitedly towards a fabulous display of clothing they soon would witness.

 

BACKSTAGE_

 

“Jun~” called Olivia. “There’s a cute model here who seemed very nervous. Could you please talk to him? I think you knew him.”

 

Jun thought it was their charming officer. He smiled and assisted the young Yoon having his panic attacks “Hey.” called Jun. Soon Young was surprised hearing a voice, to be honest. Jun chuckled as he saw the young man jolted by a simple call. “Relax, Soon Young. You’ll be fine.” as he fixed the other clothing. “Imagine you are a tiger… Everyone will be looking at you with fear. You like that, am I right? You’ve got this, officer. Trust your charm. It’s a simple walk. That’s it.”

 

Meanwhile, Jun had to check on Jeonghan. He saw the beauty facing the mirror but looking down having no confidence at all. “You alright?”

 

“I’m quite nervous.”

 

“You look great as always, Jeonghan. Don’t worry. You cannot see the people with all the bright lights on you.”

 

“It’s just that-“ hesitating a bit as he fiddle to his lucky charm- the necklace from his biological mom he wears always. With the anxiety visible on Jeonghan’s face, Jun grabbed his hand to stand.

 

“Believe in yourself. I will be here.”

 

Feeling secured Jeonghan bit his lips as he wanted to tell what he may have done wrong. “Jun-I… I cannot stay with Seungcheol anymore.”

 

Jun became surprised. “No. You can’t-“

 

“I already told him.”

 

Jun frown for the first time “No, Jeonghan. He is your only protection. I assure you that.” he argued.

 

“You said you have my back.” Jeonghan stated firmly. “I want it right now, Jun. Please.”

 

Jun sighed. “I cannot watch you alone.”

 

“I don’t need anyone watching me. This has to be done right now.” Jeonghan added desperately.

 

“Understood. Then, be prepared with more deaths. If I see you cry, the deal is off.” said Jun with a serious sharp eyes. “Get ready.” Jun clipped a swan brooch, almost the same as Wonwoo showed him. That brooch had similarities with the Xu’s precious gem that was entrusted to him since he was young.

 

“The person who wears the purest form of the swan will reveal Nikita Ivanov.” The hint Jun gave to Gavril over their conversation on the phone a week before the show.

.

.

.

ON STAGE _

 

Models, men and women ran to the runway flawlessly. Audience were in awe how they portrayed every masterpiece the Moons had made. Especially Jeonghan. He shone the brightest that night. The guests, especially the big names, couldn’t just wait to bid in each and every clothing on that collection.

 

While watching the show in a cocktail style set-up, so everybody could talk and walk freely while having the show, big names gathered in one area enjoying both their drinks and company aside from the fantastic show. “This collection is really something! And your wife… he’s really the star.” exclaimed Eunwoo who was really amazed by Jun and his siblings’ creation, as well as, how Jeonghan looked fabulous in every piece he wore no matter how absurd they looked, seeing them for the first time.

 

Seungcheol, looking on the other noticed the swan brooch clipped on Eunwoo’s chest. He felt relieved and said “You wore it.”

 

“You told me to wear it.” EunWoo chuckled. “I was supposed to anyway.”

 

“I see. You liked it that much?”

 

“Well, yeah. It’s gorgeous. Thanks for the gift!”

 

And there’s Mingyu who was on the other side feeling insulted every time Seungcheol was beside his wife. He scoffed finding out the truth about the brooch and said “So, it’s from you.”

 

“From me and my wife.” Seungcheol immediately cleared.

 

“Glad you like It.” looking at Mingyu “I hope you liked yours too, Congressman Kim. My wife is particularly meticulous when it comes to watch.” Looking at the watch on Mingyu’s wrist. He knew since Jeonghan told him so, while reminding him how bad he was for only picking a gift for Eunwoo on their wedding.

 

“How thoughtful of your partner. I like it very much. Thank you.”

 

Seungcheol nodded in satisfaction.

 

“He liked it the moment he saw it. It didn’t have a name on it, so he didn’t know who sent it.”

 

“How about the brooch? How did you know it’s from us?”

 

“Well, it had name on it. Although, the ribbon is kind of lose. Maybe the watch got separated, I guess.”

 

“I see.”

 

On the other hand, SeokMin was with Jihoon and his new ‘only borrowed’ assistant Dino. He’s allowed to take him for a while after Joshua had gone missing. SeokMin requested Dino as a payment for a job Jihoon asked. They were in awe looking at every collection. Minghao beside them was obviously having favorites and was ready to trade anytime soon. People better be fast, otherwise, nothing would be left for them.

While the models were taking turns to walk the suits for their customer’s to see, Jihoon with SeokMin went to greet Minghao with Wonwoo beside him.

 

“Look at that face!” greeted Jihoon as he introduced his cousin again.

 

“Handsome? I know.” Answered Minghao confidently. As a result for Wonwoo to walk away.

 

“How are you enjoying the show?” asked SeokMin with his friendly tone.

 

“Very well. Jeonghan is truly a wonderful piece in that collection.”

 

“You are really into him.” smirked the young governor.

 

Gavril and his children, on the contrary, were busy finding Nikita along the pool of crowd. “Have you found him?” asked Gavril to a guard of his.

 

“Not yet sir.”

 

“It’s a shame that we are fishing another thing when it’s a time to enjoy the show.” Kai grunted, feeling pissed that he couldn’t even absorb the collection in every minute of the show. Later on, he passed through the crowd, wanting to go to Seungcheol’s crowd, when a spotlight hit EunWoo’s brooch. It caught Kai’s attention. “What a wonderful brooch you got there, Eunwoo my dear.” smiled Kai.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Kai’s eyes were off the models now. He called his father at once while waiting for Lancelot to signal. They couldn’t create ruckus at the moment. It would disrespect Lancelot’s precious show. At least they have the mark by now. EunWoo wouldn’t run anyway.

 

Meanwhile, Vera was fascinated with the collection. There’s one for women as well. Suits? A pair of trousers, vest, coat and long sleeves for women? That’s kind of a revolution. Even though suits for women has been invented during the 1600’s, women still doesn’t take suits for business or everyday lifestyle. Vera thought it’s kind of powerful. She liked it unlike the traditional women felt that night.

 

That time, Jeonghan was also the main model of those suits. Probably because of his characteristic as a filaudite. That time, he wore a white shining swan brooch with all diamond surrounding the marvelous piece. Unlike the swans she’s seen with the models including Jeonghan’s previous accessories, this one has the purest image of all. Vera remembered Nikita all of a sudden. That’s the hint the tailor gave them before the show. It’s kind of a riddle and she knew his father and older brother wouldn’t get exactly what Jun meant.

 

Vera went out and look for his family to check if they saw. Roaming around, she’s seen them around Eunwoo who was also wearing a white swan brooch. That’s when she became sure they didn’t yet know and thought she still had time to talk to her long lost brother.

.

.

.

AFTER THE SHOW_

 

Everyone was celebrating with the success of the show. It was absolutely stunning! The clothing were being prepared by Jun individually inside each acrylic glass shell in another hall before getting into auction. People were actually getting their bids to their bets while waiting for the display.

 

In the meantime, it good to socialize a bit. Gavril was with Lancelot talking about Nikita. He expressed his gratitude to a mission well done. Kai was on his way to ladies while Vera was monitoring Jeonghan’s every step. She was finding a good timing to have a little conversation with Jeonghan.

 

Soon Young, on the other hand, didn’t expect his charm would call ladies’ attention so bad. They’ve been following and flirting with him. The young officer got tired entertaining everybody as he find a way to hide himself by the corner of a bar where Wonwoo was seated in solemnity since nobody wanted to get near a charming man with sharp eyes that could probably kill when pissed.

 

Looking behind him, Soon Young was really troubled knowing he couldn’t move freely with his fans waiting a meter away from him. “Too busy. huh?” started Wonwoo.

 

Soon Young sighed. “I guess I am.” answered him without any worry. “I saw you with the sassy Mafia.”

 

“I am with him.” answered Wonwoo politely but coldly.

 

“I see. You are walking with a very dangerous man.”

 

“You can sense that?” quite intrigued.

 

“I saw that with Hanie hyung. I don’t like him.”

 

“You are Jeonghan’s little brother. I heard you’re a cop.”

 

“Well, yeah.”

 

“My boss is a spoiled one. But he’s not the most dangerous one in here, officer.”

 

“Call me Soon Young… Your name, gentleman?”

 

“Wonwoo.”

“Nice to be with you. So… who do you think is the most dangerous man here, Wonwoo?”

 

“That doll like person with the Congressman Kim. He’s smart. He knows what he’s doing.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He could control anybody else.”  Wonwoo added.

 

“I see. He’s the same with my brother. But of course, I love Hanie hyung. It just worries me that he has deals with some bad guys out there.”

 

Wonwoo smirked. “Your brother is very brave, Soon Young. He might get into trouble but he knows his way out.”

 

Soon Young looked at the other and said “You are a nice guy.” he concluded with a smile which Wonwoo got surprised of.

 

“You have the same heart as your brother. I can’t believe you see goodness in people like me.”

 

Soon Young chuckled as he got drinks for the both of them. “Cheers! Let me stay here in your nest for a while. I need to rest.”

 

“My pleasure.” Smirked Wonwoo tugging his drink. That was the time Soon Young noticed an almost crescent moon shaped tattoo or birthmark on his wrist under a bracelet. Suddenly, he became interested in the man.

.

.

.

Seungkwan was quite bothered on how Soon Young chose to sit with Wonwoo. Vernon noticed as well. “Don’t worry about him. He’ll be fine. He’s a grown up man. Besides, Jeonghan trusts Wonwoo. He’s okay with a little friendship.”

 

“Aigoo. Jeonghan hyung knows no boundaries. Geez!” grunted Seungkwan. Just a few moments, his sassiness was shut when he saw a young man beside Jihoon and SeokMin. Vernon noticed the paleness on his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” looking at the direction Seungkwan was looking at. Vernon discovered that there’s the young man he saw on a picture inside Seungkwan’s wallet- his brother. “You want to talk to him? I can-“

 

“No need. He won’t talk to me anyway. Let me handle my situation. Thank you.”

 

“Alright.” Now, it’s time for Vernon to think about his two bosses. Their relationship should be fixed before it’s too late. He approached Jeonghan wanting to have time to talk however, he was busy entertaining people that night.

.

.

.

“Hello beautiful! What can I say? I loved the collection. I bid in everything you wore, my dear Jeonghan.” called Minghao enthusiastically.

 

Jeonghan chuckled as he paid his full attention to the Chinese mafia. “Oh dear! Thank you, Minghao. You are making Jun rich, are you?” flirted him.

 

“Well, I thought that maybe I could do what you do too. The Moons stated that half of the proceeds would go to a foundation for poor children. For a change.”

 

“I am really impressed!” stated Jeonghan all proud as he may sound.

 

“That’s my goal.” Minghao chuckled.

 

“Minghao, may I invite you for a meeting, if you would allow?”

 

“Sure my dear. I am always available for you.”

 

Leaving the party hall to a quite scenic view with large aquarium on the wall, Jeonghan and Minghao were enjoying their little chats in private. No bodyguards, no partners, no one at all. Just the two of them together.

 

“I’m sorry I called for you when you are supposed to enjoy the night.” with a dim light to enjoy the luxury of the underwater view beside them.

 

“Worry not. I am enjoying your company, darling.” Smiled Minghao.

 

Jeonghan opened up about the business he had with Minghao. The jewelry business. He had brought all the designs he wanted as a reference. Quite bold yet simple. It was based on historical events. None that may interest the young Xu. However, his ears all attentive to what Jeonghan has been explaining. He might request to borrow Wonwoo for a long time. “I am in a hurry, Minghao.”

 

Minghao furrowed. “Why so?”

 

“I caught up in a fight with Seungcheol. He thinks I am good for nothing without him.” Jeonghan invoked.

 

“That jerk.” Minghao murmured “How could he hurt you?”

 

“That’s not the only issue. I’m sorry you are getting caught into this. I just want to-“ displaying a little tears pooling on his eyes to get Minghao’s attention. “I want to prove that I am not just a partner. Hit hurts me when he’s belittling me.”

 

Seeing Jeonghan hurt, Minghao was greatly attentive. “Darling… c’mon! Don’t let him eat you alive.” he comforted. “You are more than that. I know it.”

 

“He’s better off with EunWoo.”

 

Seeing that this was also jealousy, Minghao became interested as he displayed the long asleep sweetness in him. “I am here for you, Jeonghan. Any time you need me.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Look, Jeonghan… if it’s EunWoo you are worried about, you are better than him. Now, if Seungcheol couldn’t see you over him, I don’t know what to do with him.”

 

Jeonghan looked upset and Minghao had the chance to hold him in his arms. “If you need me. One call and I will come to you. If you want to stay in one of my villas, I should and I must insist while your stupid husband isn’t in his right mind, stay as long as you want.”

 

“Thank you, Minghao. This is a great help. You’ve been very kind to me.”

 

“I am a friend.”

 

Jeonghan finally smiled. “I know. Thank you. Sorry for dragging my personal life with business.”

 

“I’m here to back you up.” winked the other.

 

“By the way… Do you know more about Mr. Wang’s family business? I know him personally. He’s been my friend for a long time. It’s just that there’s many things I don’t understand in his business proposal. Seungcheol accepted it. Jihoon as well. It was off for me.”

 

“Like how?”

 

“Too much of easy money. It’s not my deal but it didn’t seem right.”

 

“Could you tell me more?”

 

“You know easy money is, for me, an illegal process. As you know what I mean. Mom did a lot of cases regarding those but I hope Seungcheol is not getting into some kind of illegal business in there.” said Jeonghan all worried.

 

Minghao was now in full alert. He was confused about what Jeonghan was proposing. “Do you think it has something to do with illegal products?” asked him so he could follow.

 

“If he would get involved… I will kill him with my own hands. What kind of idiot falls for an easy money without a catch?”

 

“I think Seungcheol and I can have little talk about it.”

 

“Thank you, Minghao. Because I am not talking to him unless that deal is cleared.”

 

“Right.” eyes wide getting nervous that Jeonghan would find out his underground business too. Besides, Wang? He did know that their business was quite profitable because it was automotive and engineering but getting Jeonghan suspect their deal was kind of intriguing. Minghao thought he should do some research. Otherwise if the Wang also, surprisingly, does illegal dealings then they could have more than just a family feud with legal business but enemies and competitors underground as well. “Sneaky brat.” said Minghao in his mind.

 

“I should go now, Minghao. I shouldn’t ruin your evening with my rants.”

 

“Glad to help.”

 

Jeonghan smiled lovingly. “Thank you. Good night, Minghao.”

 

“Good night, Jeonghan.”

.

.

.

Late night, DK was wandering around the area where Minghao’s cabin was. He caught Wonwoo’s attention. “What do you want?”

 

“I want to have a private meeting with your boss.” said DK. Quite tipsy from the display of confidence and also with the smell.

 

“You are drunk.”

 

“I have a business with the young Xu.” DK insisted.

 

“He’s not going to do business with someone like you.”

 

“Tell him this is important.” DK smirked devilishly. “Tell him I’ve got a deal that would make him the happiest man in the planet.”

 

Wonwoo took DK as a joke. He was about to leave but DK said “Take this documents to him… this could get him to talk to me.”

 

Wonwoo took the documents and saw important transactions and proofs, also proposals on how to run the underground business given the high alert levels of the CIA and the INTERPOL to chase and catch all of the families involved dead or alive. “You are quite a dangerous person.”

 

DK smiled confidently. Wonwoo told Minghao about the lawyer. He’s got Minghao’s attention and he was called upon in his room. “What can I do for you, Atty. Lee?” smirked Minghao on his silk robe.

 

“Sorry to bother you this late.” DK crossed his legs as he was seated. “Can we talk in private?” looking at the guards surrounding them.

 

Minghao told the guards including Wonwoo to leave them in private. “Speak. Make it fast.”

 

“As you can see. Those documents are not for free.” the ones DK handed over to Wonwoo.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I am looking for treasure.” stated DK

 

“This is foolish. A child’s game.”

 

“I’m not yet done… I saw a key that is important to the Ivanovs and maybe for you as well. I saw it upon looking at the late Judge’s desk inside their house. You see, I’ve worked for her and I made her trust me. I was kind of intrigued with this key…” presenting a map of thoughts he gathered inside the Yoon’s residences. “Does this look familiar to you?”

 

Minghao was surprised when he saw a familiar brooch but he was never aware of the key inside it as was told on the board with meticulously threaded evidence.

 

“I can see you surprise.” chuckled DK “They (Xu and Ivanov) never told you? Aren’t you interested?”

 

“Where is the key?”

 

“I will try to find it but you should find the purpose of the key. My only guess is a vault with treasures in there.”

 

Minghao became interested. “You’ve come prepared.”

 

“I don’t deal when I am not sure of what I can get.”

 

“I’m not quite sure you wanted treasures, Atty. Lee.”

 

“Who said that? Money is money. Besides, I want more than that, young master. I want something I can never own alone, so I seek for you help.”

 

“You are asking me to move behind my father’s and the Ivanov’s backs. You are asking too much of me Atty. Lee.”

 

“I can give you what you desire the most. I don’t think that it’s fair for you to give me a half meant promise. I only do sure ones.”

 

“Do you know what I desire the most, Mr. Lee?” asked Minghao, feeling that DK was somehow dominating him.

 

“You are easy to read, Minghao. Don’t get me wrong… I can say you have a really exquisite taste.” teased the other. “I know you like Jeonghan. I can give it to you if you can promise your cooperation.”

 

“Jeonghan is part of the deal?” Minghao found the man he’s talking with a very brave and intriguing man.

 

“He’s part of the whole deal I am asking you. Get me what I want… I’ll get yours.”

 

“You think it’s possible?” looking down on how DK could get the deal done on his end.

 

DK smirked “I’ve got Jeonghan’s trust. I know everything about him and I can get him to you if you have faith in me.”

 

“You are interesting.”

 

“People say that. So… do I have the deal?” asked DK.

 

Minghao was quite doubtful with Jeonghan on the deal but he could tell their marriage was at the edge right now. “I still do not trust you.”

 

“Trust the deal. You see… love and trust is the fundamental of marriage. Theirs is like a fairy tale. Too good to be true. Once the essentials are gone, it’s all over. Marriage will only become legal with paper. Ones you burn it, it’s gone.”

 

“It’s not that easy. But you seem to know that there’s a problem between the two?” asked Minghao.

 

“I told you, I know a lot.”

 

“Monster.” Minghao poured a drink to DK as he was delighted and thrilled.

 

“It should work. My deals are of a percentage higher than anybody else can do. We don’t need a miracle for this to work.” He giggled. “Cheers!”

 

Minghao was amused and played along. “Deal! And this will start as soon as possible.”

 

“Half-half is our share with the thing we will find in the vault, Minghao. That’s a fair deal.”

 

“Acquiring most both of the families could earn would be divine. But you should know that if things go wrong, I want your head instead.”

 

“I don’t go to a battle without any plans, Mr. Xu. Besides, aren’t you asking too much of me? You cannot get two lives in this deal. It’s just too much. I assure you Jeonghan would be yours in no time. Just follow our timeline.”

 

“I like you.”

 

DK felt he got Minghao already. “Just to be clear, I don’t accept payments with illegal means. I am a clean man.”

 

“Sure! People like me needs a good and clean man like you.”