Chapter 003: KINGSMAN

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: KINGSMAN

 

During the weekends, the Choi couple went to Lancelot for the fitting of their formal suits as scheduled. But that morning, Jeonghan seemed to be uncomfortable and upset. Why? Because they had a little conflict that very morning while taking their breakfast together.

 

<<

 

That morning, Jeonghan was irritable from the moment he woke up. He’s having this foul mood without any reason. Well, actually, there has been a sole reason. The problem didn’t happened that morning, but it’s been his concern since they got married. In short, it was a wish that Jeonghan keeps on asking Seungcheol to give him. The issue was about a child. Jeonghan loved to have a child, but Seungcheol wanted the opposite. Jeonghan talked about this when they met for the first time, saying that if they were to be together for the rest of their lives, at least he need Seungcheol to produce him a child despite the love they have was not established well yet. Jeonghan had one but simple dream since he was young and that’s having a very loving family. If the love couldn’t be provided by his husband, then, let it be their child.

 

It started with the sentence “Cheol, don’t you think it’s time for us to have a baby?” sweetly and smooth.

 

Seungcheol looked at him in the eyes with a serious gaze after sipping in his cup of coffee. “We are not ready yet.”

 

“We are, Cheol. At least, I am. Please!”

 

“Not Now, Jeonghan. Not the right time.”

 

“But Cheol, every day is a perfect time, since we got married. You promised me.” He began acting a little stubborn as he got annoyed. He was frustrated and it was more aggravating when he’s having the Lune de Miel cycle which only happens four times annually. It was a Filaudite’s version of Menstrual Cycle. However, it’s more dangerous because it lowers the immune system of the person having this kind of complex body. It was still a mystery that no one could explain what’s behind the phenomena. But Filaudites were recognized as the third gender, some might criticize and abuse it so people keeps it a secret as much as possible, but people were having more understanding about it, though, only few knows this type of complexity. Only the ones who had encounters with this type of cases. There were two kinds, the famous one was Men having women’s reproductive organ. The other was the reciprocal of it. Since their body was a mystery that no one has yet made an understanding about what’s happening inside their body, the danger in every foreign element inside their body would make their lives at stake. The most dangerous one was bearing a child in the case of the ‘Male Brides’ as they call a man with Filauditism. Their pregnancy was highly dangerous. It may cause miscarriage and death. If a child was born, the baby was most probably come out still born. If in case, the delivery was successful, the chances of the child living until adult was low. Most of them suffers from complications and die just before they turn 5. Some cases would record 7 as the eldest, but lucky to those who were strong they could survive as a normal person. That’s why, most of these kind of people must take care of their health especially when they were having a child.

 

Back to the conversation, Jeonghan shut his mouth for about a minute. It was visible in his expression that he’s just preventing himself to shout at Seungcheol. It upset him so much, then there’s Vernon who chose not to meddle as he was feeling awkward about the conversation. The thing he could do now was to see himself outside the house while holding the coffee and breakfast made by his favorite master at the garden table.

 

Seungcheol could feel the intensity of Jeonghan’s anger that morning. It’s been giving him a hard time, but his decision was final. Jeonghan, after washing the plate, went to their room to get ready with their meeting. His face was all red and his brows were almost connecting.

 

Seungcheol thought that it would be hard to deal with his partner for about days before he’d return to normal. He and Vernon would surely suffer with it.

 

Jeonghan went out first, he head straight to the car. Vernon, on the other hand, stayed outside waiting for his other boss. When Seungcheol came, Vernon talked to him for a second as a friend.

 

“Why can’t you give what he wants?”

 

“We are not ready for that.”

 

“You are. If the safety is your problem, don’t worry I am here.”

 

“You like Jeonghan so much, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah, and to be fair with hyung, I’ve never seen someone accepting you as who you are without thinking of your money. You are lucky for having him. He just wants a child.”

 

“Siding with him again?”

 

“Yeah. I’m in favor of him. Honestly, I think having a child of your own won’t be so much of a bad Idea. In fact, it may help your attitude problems.” Vernon stated like he was annoyed as well, care of his beloved Jeonghan hyung.

 

Seungcheol was surprised. It was the first time Vernon showed too much- maybe too much - respect for Jeonghan that he’d go against him even though it would ruin him.

 

“Ya. Watch your mouth!” Seungcheol raised his voice for the first time. Meaning, it’s a red flag for the both of them- for the first time.

 

Vernon never faltered.

 

End of Flashback>>>

 

Entering Lancelot was giving the gentle tailor a hint that it was not a good morning for all of them. Though, he managed to maintain his refreshing greeting by saying “It’s been a while, should I get you some tea and cookies? Hope everything will be fine with the-“ hesitating to drop the number of people to be involved, since the body guard’s face was sour too.

 

“Yes, please.” Jeonghan replied as he seated in a chair that could only occupy one person. “It’s really good to see you this morning.” Then he smiled just for the handsome tailor. Which was insulting at all for Seungcheol. Jeonghan sure knows how to take his revenge sweetly on his side.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol was looking at him fiercely with his brows raised. Oh dear. It’s quite a big mess that morning for the couple.

 

“I’ll get them for you all.” Jun stated as no need for the other men to be asked to simply tone down the upcoming riot as far as he’s concerned.

 

Before the tailor got the refreshments, he ordered his staffs to get the clothing in his studio with the mannequin.

 

Jun served the tea with sweet cookies. “Make yourself comfortable.” As he smiled.

 

“Thank you, Jun, how kind of you.”

 

“Let’s just wait for the suits, they’re coming from my studio, so suit yourself.” He poured each a cup of tea and delivered to the three of them.

 

The tea scent soothes Jeonghan’s annoyance a bit. The cookie helped taking out 50 percent of the heavy feeling. It’s a nice cookie to bite on when you are really in that situation. It was chewy inside and crunchy outside. Moreover, the amount of chocolate chunks were so generous and Jeonghan loved it.

 

“These are great!” he suddenly uttered in surprise. “Where did you buy these? I might buy a dozen can.”

 

“I can pack some for you.” Said the tailor.

 

“No need. I will just have to buy.”

 

“It’s not for sale, actually.” Jun shyly admitted.

 

Jeonghan was calculating the tailor’s words until he realized that what he’s saying was he made the cookies and he’s amazed by it. “No way. You baked these? You knew how to cook?” with a surprised face. Jeonghan chuckled sweetly while insulting his real partner just right beside him. It’s just that, they’re sitting apart.

 

 Meanwhile, Vernon faked his clearing of throat telling Jeonghan to watch his actions because he’s being too comfortable with such gentle person and too harsh to another. And who knows if it could offend both, then what would he do if those happen. But of course, Jeonghan had the right to sulk sometimes, it’s just that, when he took his revenge somebody has to suffer gravely. Thinking of an impossible situation, Vernon sighed.

 

Talking about the body guard/ secretary/ friend, Vernon had so much roles in the Choi’s family. Now he’s a butler and a lecturer. That’s how smart and ethical he was and the old Choi liked that about him. Besides, his bravery was one of the factors he possessed that they liked the most.

 

“Yes.” Jun simply admitted despite the tension.

 

“Wow! It’s fascinating of you. You’d be more ideal to be my husband.” Now, Jeonghan declared war.


Vernon suddenly had this feeling of chocking from what Jeonghan had said. It felt more painful than having a bullet buried beneath your skin.

 

Meanwhile, the two men who got innocently attacked was also in shock. Now, it’s time to just ignore what the younger said and so, Jun just answered his skill for cooking. “I learned it with my older sister. She attended classes and I was dragged along when I was a kid. Whatever she does, I have to do it too.” The other chuckled hoping that the mood would go lighter.

 

“I see. Interesting.” Answered the daring one.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol was turning blind eyes from the conversation Jeonghan and Jun were having; although, he was deeply insulted by his wife. Finally, the mannequins arrived with the chic pair of suit sets on them. Handsome! Seungcheol and Jeonghan were greatly in awe. Even Vernon who was not that fond of clothing at all.

 

The clothes were obviously made with keen details and great skills.

 

“It’s wonderful.” Seungcheol finally uttered.

 

“Thank you.” Answered Jun.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan examined his’ with a closer look. “These are amazing!”

 

“Thank you. Should we fit them?”

 

Jeonghan was the first to fit as per usual. Jun assisted him after wearing the inner layer of the suit. It was a red suit with casual fabric, to prevent outshining the celebrants. Though, it was eye catching, especially when someone who had a very beautiful face and body like Jeonghan would fit it. After fitting the suit, Jun helped Jeonghan to style the clothing to show how it was done in overall look. He taught Jeonghan how to dress the suit properly with accessories.


While doing the styling, Jeonghan felt that he need someone to talk to about his sentiments, and he believed that Jun would help him calm down that time. He couldn’t tell it to his family because he didn’t want to disturb them with this kind of issue anymore. Moreover, they’d just be worried with the fight they had.

 

“Jun?”

 

“Mn?” Jun answered while holding a pin on his lips for some adjustments to be done.

 

“I’m really annoyed at him.” pertaining to Seungcheol.

 

Jun took out the pin and pinned it to the right spot and answered. “I can see that.” Facing the lovely but sad Jeonghan straight to his eyes.

 

“I want to punch him.”

 

That was a bold statement coming from a very fine man like Jeonghan. He looked like he couldn’t harm somebody from his looks. “Why would you do that?” he chuckled seeing Jeonghan frustrated as he blushed from anger this time.

 

“I just want a child!” Jeonghan grunted.

 

Jun breathed deeply. He was kind of blank. Normally he could help, but in his case, he didn’t know how to deal with it. “Well, Jeonghan… I do not know how to react on that but you better talk to him.”

 

“I already did… several times.”

 

“Did he tell you why?”

 

“He said it’s not the right time. And I’m sick of it!”

 

Seeing that Jeonghan was desperate with that one, he couldn’t say anything but “Don’t worry, it will come to you.”

 

“I don’t know if I have patience to wait.”

 

After waiting for Jun to finish styling, he gave way for Jeonghan to view himself to the mirror. “There. Done.”

 

Jeonghan was amazed. “Wow! Thank you for making me look good.”

 

“You look good in anything you wear, especially when you smile.”

 

Jeonghan looked at him with a confused reaction. “Are you hitting on me, now, Jun?”

 

“Not my intention.”

 

“Because if you are, then I would be flattered if y-“

 

Jun halted Jeonghan’s words because it might be awkward for him with “Cheer up, now.”

 

“You’re just making fun of me, don’t you?”

 

“No.” the taller chuckled. “I’m being just a friend.”

 

“What should I do now?”

 

“Hmn. Seduce him more. Tempt him but don’t give in so easily. I think that should help a little.”

 

Jeonghan smirked. “Well, that will do. Do you have time later?”

 

“Depends.”

 

“I just want to treat you for giving me such a great tip. And also to make him jealous because that psycho thinks that I am only his.”

 

Jun sighed. Jeonghan was really up to his revenge. “If he loves you, he can’t prolong it.”

 

“Oh. That’s unfortunate. He doesn’t love me. He loves somebody else. But yeah… Will try with the seduction first.” Like Jeonghan had thought of the possible explanation of why Seungcheol didn’t want to have a child with him. “I think I know the reason, but if it’s the flesh who’s talking, I’d better make him want me more, right?”

 

Meanwhile, Jun was surprised on how bold Jeonghan could be. He’s afraid that Jeonghan had a lot to show to him. He’s kind of interesting, but scary too.

 

“Jeonghan.” Jun called with such a scolding tone.

 

“What? I think I am right. Hmmmm… the seduction will be alright, right? Make me desirable, Jun.”

 

Jun was surprised. “You are so naughty.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. “C’mon. Help me with that. I’ll haunt you.”

 

Jun couldn’t help but accept that kind of nature about Jeonghan. It’s wild but entertaining as well. “We’ll see.”

 

“Alright. When will we get these?”

 

“By tomorrow, evening.”

 

“That’s fast. And you have to be free this evening. I’m begging you. I don’t want to murder someone tonight with a glass of wine.” Said Jeonghan jokingly.

 

“Alright. I think, I’ll be obliged to inform Seungcheol myself.”

 

“I will inform him.”

 

“I don’t have to be the reason for a further misunderstanding, do I?” said the other gently.

 

“No. don’t worry. He’ll be out tonight for a ship in Hongkong. I’ll bring Vernon with me. And Soon Young if he could.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“See you.”

 

Time for Seungcheol to fit his. He came across his wife and his mood seemed lightened up a bit. No. drastically. When he met Jun at the fitting room, he immediately said “Can you talk to him for me? You seemed a friend who can solve his childish mood.”

 

“I think, you should talk to him about your problems openly and honestly.”

 

“He told you, didn’t he?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“There are things I can’t say to him. Perhaps there are things he may have told you?”

 

“Well, he’s quite bold to tell things, but I’d rather shut my mouth for that.”

 

“I understand. He seemed more comfortable with you.”

 

Jun was busy listening while assisting his customer.

 

“He’s smart, but he’s still a child in my eyes.”

 

“Seungcheol, if you may, can I talk to you as a friend?”

 

“Sure. Jeonghan talks to me worse than that.”

 

“I think, having a child is not just a fantasy for him. He’s a simple man from what I observed. It was a dream of him and I can see that in his eyes. He needs you as his partner. He’s a loyal one.” He smirked. “He told me to make him desirable.”

 

Seungcheol smirked. “He is. Does he not notice that?”

 

Jun painted a smile on his face. “Then, hold his hands tightly and never let him go.”

 

“I don’t plan to free him. Purposely that you seemed to be a candidate on his liking.”

 

“Then, if you set him lose, it’s your loss.” He teased.

 

“You are charming and you know that, Little Moon. Make him as he wanted you to make him. I want that. I want everybody’s eyes on him with envy and desire.”

 

Arranging the suit which was perfect for Seungcheol’s body for a first fitting. “I think this is all good for you.” Said the tailor.

 

“It’s perfect.” Looking at himself in the mirror with a navy blue pair of suit, also, in casual fabric.

 

“So, what is the plan?” the other suddenly speak.

 

“Plan?” said Seungcheol in confusion.

 

“If a TAILOR comes in the presence of a KING, there must be a need for TINKER and a SOLDIER. Who will be the SPY?” said Jun with riddle like tone.

 

Seungcheol, then understood that he’s the man he’s been waiting for a long time. “No. You got it wrong. Jeonghan would be the King and I will be the spy. How did you know that I am the one? I’ve been waiting for quite a while and never thought one would come and rescue.”

 

“This is a very big case to let it pass. I need to master a skill and reputation to be ready for this. Don’t waste my time now. I’ve lost a lot.”

 

“Very well. And how did you know it was me?”

 

“Not by name. Not by face.”

 

“Then, how?”

 

“You ordered the shoes, is it? Then, I knew it was you.”

 

“Good thing. Then, I’ll be in touch.”

 

“Everything is ready in that suit.”

 

“Well done. I assume the shoes has it too.”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Then, I’ll see you after my meeting in Hongkong.”

 

“Seungcheol.”

 

Seungcheol stood still to listen.

 

“Jeonghan is not a toy.”

 

“I know that. He’s my Queen and I won’t let somebody hurt him.”

 

I guess I understand why you wouldn’t want a child.” The other smirked. “Quite dangerous and complicated family you have.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Jeonghan invited me for a dinner tonight. Should I go?”

 

“Up to you. But remember that he’s my wife.”

 

“I know that.”

 

Seungcheol was kind of intrigued on how Jun talked about Jeonghan like he knew him much better than him. “Perhaps, do you know my wife personally?”

 

“Not much. I don’t even know if he recognizes me or not. Just a small talk that I treasure the most.”

 

“Guess, the world is really such a small world.”

 

“And I must agree, that Jeonghan is a KING not a QUEEN. I will be his man if you cannot do it by yourself.”

 

“Are you threatening me?”

 

“Not intended. But if you are threatened, then it’s much better.” Jun said sharply.

 

“Let’s be friends. I think it’s going to be dangerous to have you as opponent.”

 

Before returning back to the lounge, Seungcheol tipped of something. “There’s a young policeman I assigned capturing the Chinese men. Make sure he’s going to be fine because he’s my wife’s younger brother. It’s your job, I suppose. Back him up.”

 

“Soon Young.”

 

“You know him?”

 

“I just met him the other day upon getting the shoes you’ve ordered.”

 

“He’s looking cute but he’s smart too. He’s just like my wife. He just doesn’t show it.”